Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covet Lethality Mod for Snipers

sherif3000

Covet Lethality Mod for snipers

I think a covert lethality like mod for sniper rifles would be an awesome addition to gameplay especially with PoE on horizon.

How I think this mod should work – Unlike single daggers that provide an instant kill (irrespective of the enemy level) when a finisher is performed, the sniper version would gain an instant kill via either/or a stealth headshot or a standard headshot via aiming/no aiming required (not sure of the mechanic but a headshot is required).

I think such a mod would increase enjoyability of stealth and solo gameplay.

Just dropping off this idea here thanx for reading.

Invisibility adds cheese to whatever you having already so imho invisibility shouldn’t be a reason for this to not exist, and this sort of mechanic already kind of already exist i.e. convert lethality. For those that are not using invisibility trying to stay stealthy plucking off enemies this could be hellafun.

if you could avoid people using it with cheese tactics like banshees passive Loki augment a mod that silences the weapon it would be like stealth in fallout 4 where you can take out the most concerning target then it gives a damage boost after the first few shots it would be worth the mod slot. 

I wonder how many people can actually score a headshot, at least it requires a pinch of skill.
Should Exclude headshots via punch through when insta-killing. Bosses immune as well.

I don't mind the idea, but I wonder how it will affect the loudouts we typically see.

At least with Covert Lethality, you have to be in melee distance, creating the vaguest sort of danger that your invis runs out, you bump an enemy, you miss the prompt.

Where is there any kind of potential for this to not be the most broken mod that exists?

I disagree with it possibly being the most broken mod in the game, invisibility is the cheese we've all become familiar with I to enjoy that invisi-cheddar, with it you can do sortie spy undetected ala loki hushed invisibilty. I reckon the same feat without invisibility is impossible.

For example the only place I can see the mod truly shining is at exterminate and spy missions, any other mission eg Defense, Mobile defense, Survival. there is no way to keep up stealth headshots or even standard headshots even the best would die in say a level 40 trying to maintain that headshot mechanic. which could make for interesting gameplay ie taking out that heavy bombard in higher missions - depending if the mechanic requires stealth.

hmmm, maybe if we promote the real sniper type gameplay it might be interesting.

Something like: If you keep your sights on a target for 4 seconds you get an instakill. So it's more for enemies that would take to many shots and it would be pretty nice in PoE especially if they take down the sniper sway.

Elaborating it better:

Called Shot: Keeping your sight on an enemy for 4 seconds marks him, you can only have 5 marked at a time, shooting at a marked enemy instantly kills him.

(maybe even give it a headshot requirement, but I feel that would be way too much)

Edited by Dwolfknight

TENNOS, going to let you know, this IDEA has been thought of.

This Posts does not seem to be more "Productive", so THINK about it MORE.

Any Boss Units that can be "One-Shot" bye CV Mod for Sniper WILL BE PATCH.

IF Sniper don't get DAMAGE or CRIT/STATUS Viable. Sniper won't look good.

3 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Called Shot: Keeping your sight on an enemy for 4 seconds marks him, you can only have 5 marked at a time, shooting at a marked enemy instantly kills him.

Some Tennos won't have Time to Prone, after the First shot, might just Alert the Enemies.

Thanx and duly noted, originally thought of by kgabor asking for an innate covert lethality mechanic. I think my post is productive as it should, the previous posts are going into detailed mechanics of the sniper rifle which are not the topic of this post. Anyway if the idea is realized myself, kgabor and hopefully everyone wins

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

At least with Covert Lethality, you have to be in melee distance, creating the vaguest sort of danger that your invis runs out, you bump an enemy, you miss the prompt.

Where is there any kind of potential for this to not be the most broken mod that exists?

Having to know how to aim? Pressing one button is easier than dealing with sniper sway.

• 2 weeks later...

a mod that allows snipers to bypass defences on headshots would be more ballanced. for grineer armour, corpus shields (or 50% of shields cus they have low armour hp anyway), and infested makes them cause dmg as if they were unaffected by auras healing/toxic resist. (wait can u even headshot sentients?)

On ‎22‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 12:13 AM, sherif3000 said:

Covet Lethality Mod for snipers

I think a covert lethality like mod for sniper rifles would be an awesome addition to gameplay especially with PoE on horizon.

How I think this mod should work – Unlike single daggers that provide an instant kill (irrespective of the enemy level) when a finisher is performed, the sniper version would gain an instant kill via either/or a stealth headshot or a standard headshot via aiming/no aiming required (not sure of the mechanic but a headshot is required).

I think such a mod would increase enjoyability of stealth and solo gameplay.

Just dropping off this idea here thanx for reading.

I would be okay with this idea, as long as this would only work when the shot is unnoticed and the Enemy isn't alerted. 

I would also put in a penalty like -75% Damage(past Mods) to alerted Enemies.

So it would make the Sniper situational and a High Skill/High Reward Weapon.

This would make it an interesting Mod for soloplay or the Plains. And in other game modes it would be a lot more difficult to benefit from the Mod.

Edit: This would make all Sniper Teams really fun 😁 

Edited by Darkuhn

This reminds me of a mobile game I played recently, Space Marshals 2. There's a thing called ambush damage in the game. All guns deal multiplied damage to enemies if they are not expecting the shot. For example, shooting unalerted enemies always counts as ambush. Even if enemies are alerted, shooting them from their back or any direction they don't expect counts as ambush.

this imo would be pointlees. my lanka does 200k already and the things that live this would be in endless modes that already are alerted in the case thatbits triggerd on none alerted enemys. and the reason covert can still be used even without instant kills is because it has bonus base damage.

as for in poe the highest known we have seen is what 70? ao anything that i can think of that would survive even that would requier a tone of shots which in the case of the edilon would be immuned to the instant death