Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Falloff: My OPINION

(XBOX)AntiCaesar

Space magic explains the ghost which could just be the void being an actual entity presenting itself as a familiar thing to us. Also damage fall off wont actually matter 300m is FAR FAR further than we will be engaging enemies at. So long as they remove the sway from Sniper scopes we wont actually notice the damage fall off.

1 minute ago, MortalMercenary said:

Space magic explains the ghost which could just be the void being an actual entity presenting itself as a familiar thing to us. Also damage fall off wont actually matter 300m is FAR FAR further than we will be engaging enemies at. So long as they remove the sway from Sniper scopes we wont actually notice the damage fall off.

I don't know man, when these guys could make a light bridge, why can't they make a weapon with the bullet not slowing down?

Just now, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

I don't know man, when these guys could make a light bridge, why can't they make a weapon with the bullet not slowing down?

Well you can only have so much force behind a bullet or projectile like there is only so much space inside a bullet cartridge for the explosion to occur, make the weapon too big  then it becomes less viable to carry into combat and taking the time to perfect a bullet so it is as aerodynamic as possible and then mass producing it would be a waste of time and resources. Mostly just laws of physics holding back weapons, and as far as accuracy goes the tenno are pretty damn accurate. Also no map currently has a space with an unobstructed line of sight coming anywhere near 300 meters.

Just now, MortalMercenary said:

Well you can only have so much force behind a bullet or projectile like there is only so much space inside a bullet cartridge for the explosion to occur, make the weapon too big  then it becomes less viable to carry into combat and taking the time to perfect a bullet so it is as aerodynamic as possible and then mass producing it would be a waste of time and resources. Mostly just laws of physics holding back weapons, and as far as accuracy goes the tenno are pretty damn accurate. Also no map currently has a space with an unobstructed line of sight coming anywhere near 300 meters.

But this is Warframe. Space magic

Damage falloff isn't all that realistic, honestly. I mean, yeah, bullets do slow down a bit from drag, but by the time your bullet travels far enough to slow down enough to bounce off your target's forehead, your main problem isn't going to be hurting the target—it's going to be hitting the target.

Just now, motorfirebox said:

Damage falloff isn't all that realistic, honestly. I mean, yeah, bullets do slow down a bit from drag, but by the time your bullet travels far enough to slow down enough to bounce off your target's forehead, your main problem isn't going to be hurting the target—it's going to be hitting the target.

also this, DE cant just reduce our accuracy they have to more of reduce our damage at range.

@(Xbox One)AntiCaesar

Everyone think their own "Opinion".        And I still think "Realism" KILLS Game, because most First Person Shooter LIE (manipulate) Manipulate "Logic" to work with their Games. I was NOT Happy when I found out the Suppressor and Silencer LIE.

You see, "Realism" is what Arma 3 is. Why not let those who like "Realistic" go play Arma 3?

And if you want First Person Shooter (First Person View),(CoD, BattleField, Destiny even!).

What I think about it: (When is it too MUCH?)

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

You want "REALISM".

@(Xbox One)AntiCaesar Look at this Reply.

"Be careful what you w*sh for".

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Wait, I have an idea.

After say 300m, the hit-scan weapons will become a projectile weapon. It's not a direct nerf or anything, but would require skill to take down targets at long ranges

Whoa, SLOW Down. This is just Time-Wasting mate. WARFRAME NEEDS QUALITY (not non-Friendly PvP system).

Edited by DesFrSpace

3 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@(Xbox One)AntiCaesar

Everyone think their own "Opinion".        And I still think "Realism" KILLS Game, because most First Person Shooter LIE (manipulate) Manipulate "Logic" to work with their Games. I was NOT Happy when I found out the Suppressor and Silencer LIE.

You see, "Realism" is what Arma 3 is. Why not let those who like "Realistic" go play Arma 3?

And if you want First Person Shooter (First Person View),(CoD, BattleField, Destiny even!).

What I think about it: (When is it too MUCH?)

You want "REALISM".

@(Xbox One)AntiCaesar Look at this Reply.

Halo 3 had a great balancing system with the BR. It's actually a projectile weapon and it doesn't really matter in close range. We could just tweak it a bit and make it past a certain point it's a projectile. That way both sides are happy

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

It's more about game balance. If it was trying to be realistic shotguns would have an effective range of 60 meters, not 20.

Most hunters use the 40/40 method. 40 inch spread at 40 yards for bird shot. 60 meters is a bit much unless you're using slugs. And buckshot is lethal up to 50 yards. Just saying

Even 20 yards is a bit far in most self defense situations. 

That said real time ballistics should not be in Warframe and game balance went out the window with Rivens.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

But, aren't we using "Archaic Weaponry" so... space magic has no play in it? 

With that in mind, Damage falloff makes sense, and not sniping with a Soma Prime or Lex Prime also makes sense.

I dunno, the Orokin have light bridges and made magical war suits, so space magic? Plus, archaic is just old, and lore-wise the Prime weapons are old and were made using the same techniques as other things

Why not a projectile/time-travel-distance or accuracy loss instead of damage falloff?

Because people keep trying to suggest faulty gimmicks that can be exploited to their own benefits and they think they're the only ones who can see it. It's low-mid level map after all, it would probably only take one Tigris Pellet at 1km distance to kill half the mobs in it.

Realism is a biased argument that can be used both for nerfing or buffing. That said, I don't give two S#&$s about realism.

Balance on the other hand, is a holy grail.