Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are insta-revives slowly killing teammate revive as part of gameplay?

Hypernaut1

More and more lately, im seeing players just using insta-revive, not helping to revive downed teammates or just not even bothering with running back for a downed teammate. I feel like i may have to start ignoring revives too because its getting to a point where i run back to get someone and they insta-revive before i get there. Is the culture of "no tenno left behind" being left behind now?  Im not sure if this is an improvement or not, but i guess it is convenient to some players. 

Long time since I've seen "Leave no Tenno behind" anyways, guys coming to revive are always in the minority in the squad. 

IMO it's just good that we have an option to revive almost instantly, laying helplessly downed when no one cares is a much worse option. 

Pay to revive makes a return in a sense, except not with Plat but with Affinity :P

But yeah, since quick revive's introduction I have noticed that ally reviving have gone down in frequency. With newbies this means they lose precious progress toward leveling their gear (not knowing any better), with vets it means they have 4 (or more with Sentinel Sacrifice) free do-overs even while they hallway hero it out.

I still try to keep the tradition alive by bolting to revive allies any chance I get, but it's becoming less and less meaningful.

Edited by PsiWarp

Can you really blame them? I mean with a maxed out kit you get, what... 7 total revives? And in combat their thinking could be that they don't want the others to stop fighting and start reviving. It's a risky thing. Personally, I try to go for revives as much as I can, but I also do take into account the logistics. If the person is far away, in some stupid to reach place or if I'm hip deep in enemies who couldn't give the tiniest of flying f**k, I'm gonna leave you bleeding on the ground because my life is worth to me more then all of you combined. 

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why? It's good as now it is. People still revive you, I still attempt to revive people, if you are too far away from the team you can instant revive instead of dying a slow death.

More often than not people just leave you to bleed out these days. If there was an actually significant penalty to reviving no one would want to have to use it so most people would start reviving others again.

Before the insta-revive change, no one came back to revive me.

After the insta-revive change, no one comes back to revive me. 

Let's face it, Tenno are selfish. 

Nothing has changed, although I do agree that it's really annoying when you run halfway back across the map to revive someone and then they insta-revive. Well, at least I made the effort. What I usually do now is, if I'm not right next to them when they die, I wait for like 5-6 seconds to see if they want to revive themselves. If they don't, then I go revive them. 

Edited by UmbraCorporation

20 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Can you really blame them? I mean with a maxed out kit you get, what... 7 total revives? And in combat their thinking could be that they don't want the others to stop fighting and start reviving. It's a risky thing. Personally, I try to go for revives as much as I can, but I also do take into account the logistics. If the person is far away, in some stupid to reach place or if I'm hip deep in enemies who couldn't give the tiniest of flying f**k, I'm gonna leave you bleeding on the ground because my life is worth to me more then all of you combined. 

There is no risk for me I'm vazarin I just run past and you revived no need to stop to get shot =)

36 minutes ago, Avenwing said:

More often than not people just leave you to bleed out these days. If there was an actually significant penalty to reviving no one would want to have to use it so most people would start reviving others again.

That's not necessarily true, because the person downed suffers the penalty, so people that do the reviving has no stakes in the mater, since they don't lose anything and the downed team mate still has the instant revive, so they don't even lose a member in the fight. I don't think that would increase the desire to revive downed team mates, it would make people try to use even more cheese to not get downed in the first place to not suffer the consequences.

On the other hand if reviving would be rewarded that would increase the desire to revive team members. The "carrot on a stick" approach.

Doesn't seem like the sort of thing that needs to be fixed. Making something more punishing for the... sake of making something more punishing isn't really adding anything to game-play. You're still going to try not to die, aren't you? 

Quit playing with your scrub sentinel. Get a cat. 

4 revives per mission was just bad from the start [6 revives for having 2 max arcanes] ; it makes dying in a mission largely pointless

i know DE was trying to do a good thing by removing the plat commodification of revives, but i just think they went about it the wrong way

also since DE refuses to give us a build-able/consumable gear item to revive our sentinels, there is no other way to get them back in the middle of a mission, so >50% of the time they DONT want to be revived by a teammate becuz that would effectively take away their radar and vacuum

my proposed solutions?

1 revive per mission base

+1 revive per equipped max arcane

and/or +1 revive per 10MR

leave the self-death quick revive ingame BUT ALSO introduce a BP/consumable gear item that revives a sentinel mid-mission [and only allow you to carry 1 at a time if such a limit is required]

i think the above is still plenty generous 

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

More and more lately, im seeing players just using insta-revive, not helping to revive downed teammates or just not even bothering with running back for a downed teammate. I feel like i may have to start ignoring revives too because its getting to a point where i run back to get someone and they insta-revive before i get there. Is the culture of "no tenno left behind" being left behind now?  Im not sure if this is an improvement or not, but i guess it is convenient to some players. 

Before instant revives I was rarely revived.  Even if I was the frost sitting next to the defense objective inside the bubble they just ignored me so I bled out over 10 seconds, the bubble dropped for a few as I got back up (which got everyone angry that my bubble dropped) and then things went back to continuing.
After instant revives its the same exact thing.

Nothing has changed with the introduction of instant revives.

6 hours ago, NPC said:

Long time since I've seen "Leave no Tenno behind" anyways, guys coming to revive are always in the minority in the squad. 

IMO it's just good that we have an option to revive almost instantly, laying helplessly downed when no one cares is a much worse option. 

Exactly this.
I mean there were times an Oberon would essentially hold me hostage with a bleedout timer of a few minutes and their only response to me asking to be revived "The enemies are ignoring you, just kill them and we'll revive you when the timer gets low!"
Invariably this would cause the AFK timer to trigger because I'm not able to move much...and in the majority of situations I couldn't kill enemies because I wasn't in a good positions to do so.
At least now I can get out of those situations on my own.

5 hours ago, Recel said:

On the other hand if reviving would be rewarded that would increase the desire to revive team members. The "carrot on a stick" approach.

IIRC if you revive someone you do get a reward....of about 100 affinity (been a while since I paid attention so they might have removed this).

But I fully agree that if reviving someone was worth it and gave something back then people would actually revive others.  Hek even something small such as a small health heal or shields boost as a way to pay back for damages taken while reviving someone it would become more attractive.

34 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

my proposed solutions?

1 revive per mission base

+1 revive per equipped max arcane

and/or +1 revive per 10MR

leave the self-death quick revive ingame BUT ALSO introduce a BP/consumable gear item that revives a sentinel mid-mission [and only allow you to carry 1 at a time if such a limit is required]

i think the above is still plenty generous 

So basically screw over new people (the people who need revives the most) by giving them one chance in the entire mission to mess up, and have effectively no impact on veteran players?

All your idea does is say to new players "You can mess up once then its game over for you with nothing else you can do!"
Vets wouldn't notice this at all.

The only impact your idea would have is that it would effectively reduce revivals.
After all why would I risk my one revive to pick you up?  You messed up you should pay your one revive.  I'm not going to risk my own revive when I might need it later, as I only have one (which TBH raids aren't played a lot and arcanes are over priced enough I doubt a significant portion of the player base has the extra arcane revives).

With multiple revives I might risk it.  After all its not game over if I die trying to revive you.  But with just one?  Why would I?  There is absolutely nothing in it for me at all and its just too risky to try to revive anyone with your idea in place.

You're idea is great if you want to completely kill off reviving other people.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Maybe revive number should be dependant on the mission. 2 revives for non endless, 4 for endless. +2 Max for arcanes.

On one hand, I don't think sentinels should be tied to revives, on the other hand it does provide a risk/benefit to reviving.

I think what may happen over time is that as people stop rushing back to revive and insta-reviving, players will begin cutting it close with revives left. Then we'll start seeing more players actually running out of revives during missions. In the end, this new system may actually make dying more punishing since you can't count on being revived unless you're communicating.  So it may balance itself out.

Edited by Hypernaut1

21 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Before instant revives I was rarely revived.  Even if I was the frost sitting next to the defense objective inside the bubble they just ignored me so I bled out over 10 seconds, the bubble dropped for a few as I got back up (which got everyone angry that my bubble dropped) and then things went back to continuing.
After instant revives its the same exact thing.

Nothing has changed with the introduction of instant revives.

Exactly this.
I mean there were times an Oberon would essentially hold me hostage with a bleedout timer of a few minutes and their only response to me asking to be revived "The enemies are ignoring you, just kill them and we'll revive you when the timer gets low!"
Invariably this would cause the AFK timer to trigger because I'm not able to move much...and in the majority of situations I couldn't kill enemies because I wasn't in a good positions to do so.
At least now I can get out of those situations on my own.

IIRC if you revive someone you do get a reward....of about 100 affinity (been a while since I paid attention so they might have removed this).

But I fully agree that if reviving someone was worth it and gave something back then people would actually revive others.  Hek even something small such as a small health heal or shields boost as a way to pay back for damages taken while reviving someone it would become more attractive.

So basically screw over new people (the people who need revives the most) by giving them one chance in the entire mission to mess up, and have effectively no impact on veteran players?

All your idea does is say to new players "You can mess up once then its game over for you with nothing else you can do!"
Vets wouldn't notice this at all.

The only impact your idea would have is that it would effectively reduce revivals.
After all why would I risk my one revive to pick you up?  You messed up you should pay your one revive.  I'm not going to risk my own revive when I might need it later, as I only have one (which TBH raids aren't played a lot and arcanes are over priced enough I doubt a significant portion of the player base has the extra arcane revives).

With multiple revives I might risk it.  After all its not game over if I die trying to revive you.  But with just one?  Why would I?  There is absolutely nothing in it for me at all and its just too risky to try to revive anyone with your idea in place.

You're idea is great if you want to completely kill off reviving other people.

1. I like the idea of a health boost or buff for reviving. 

2. I don't shares your experience of rarely being revived. If you're teammates weren't reviving you before, then you probably play too far away from the objective. In my experience players usually try to revive others for the most part. It has been a big part of team play. I've never heard of an Oberon trolling with a revive timer, that is not a common thing.