Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the upcoming proto-weapon skins....

(PSN)Iron--Phantom--

Do you guys think it breaks the aesthetic warframe has built up? I like the idea of modern weaponry but it just looks really jarring to see a warframe holding them.

Edit: to the confused people on devstream 97 they showed off two proto weapon skins which changes the lato into a "Glock". And the bronco into a "sawed off shotgun". Here are pics.

xJ67LqL.png

ZEP0Fln.png

Edited by (PS4)thegodofwar12345
Added pics

1 minute ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

They had the vasto prime (and lex prime to an extend), so design wise i'd say it won't clash too much with the lore. But againts normal weaponries in warframe? Yeah, they stand out quite a bit

Yeah but the vasto and the lex have more exaggerated designs. These guns straight up look like modern weapons

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

I have to say, I agree. To me, it doesn't fit in with the whole aesthetic of Warframe. I've always thought of this world being set so far in the future, all mention of our time period is erased. 

I feel i would more ok with it if it wasnt called "proto" i know its supposed to be from dark sector but dark sector's aesthetic is very very very different from warframe's

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Yeah but the vasto and the lex have more exaggerated designs. These guns straight up look like modern weapons

lex, maybe. vasto, not so much, i think..
like i said, these protos doesn't really 100% fit warframe, but then again, it's also easy to make an excuse to fit them in. making them an actual prototype of early orokin weaponry, or just as an easter egg, or anything else probably works (as an excuse).

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Looks more like a Mk 23 than a glock. And the double barrel shotgun is only supposed to fire two shots then reload, doesn't the bronco shoot 3..in any case yeah OP they do seem completely out of place. 

Thank you for the correction, and the regular bronco has 2 rounds a mag but the bronco prime has 4 per mag which is going to make it a weird reload

4 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

lex, maybe. vasto, not so much, i think..
like i said, these protos doesn't really 100% fit warframe, but then again, it's also easy to make an excuse to fit them in. making them an actual prototype of early orokin weaponry, or just as an easter egg, or anything else probably works (as an excuse).

Rebecca herself said these were 2 of 5 proto weapon skins they were working on. The other 3 currently in the works but haven't been shown yet is The burston, strun, and braton

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Aug, Uzi, and M16/M4 would be vary weird. 

We currently don't know what they'll be turning the burston, strun, and braton into. But since they said they're going for the dark sector theme. 

The braton may become the AKS-74

latest?cb=20110131004522

the burston may become the KORBOV TK6

latest?cb=20110131183841

the strun may become the protecta

latest?cb=20110131004522

8 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

Rebecca herself said these were 2 of 5 proto weapon skins they were working on. The other 3 currently in the works but haven't been shown yet is The burston, strun, and braton

Anybody still remember what Sector gun corresponds to each of the final 3? It's been a while since I was anywhere near Sector's Arsenal.   

Just now, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

We currently don't know what they'll be turning the burston, strun, and braton into. But since they said they're going for the dark sector theme. 

latest?cb=20110131004522

latest?cb=20110131183841

latest?cb=20110131004522

Anndddddd . . . Boom, that was QUICK!

1 minute ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

latest?cb=20110131004522

latest?cb=20110131183841

latest?cb=20110131004522

Gotcha I obviously haven't played dark sector. But from the pictures from top to bottom:

Ak-74

G36

And a 870 or pump shotgun variant. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

I feel i would more ok with it if it wasnt called "proto" i know its supposed to be from dark sector but dark sector's aesthetic is very very very different from warframe's

Proto basically means first version or primitive. Those are Old Earth weapons, stuff/designs that were dug up from Earth's past, so proto fits well.