The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Prices

Foxnstuff

Ok, First of all, I LOVE the deals that come out for platinum, and I realize we get 75% off tickets and such but the major thing is, I think the default price for platinum is way too high. I'd gladly make a purchase when I could, but it's like the ONLY time i'd EVER purchase anything, is if i got a 75% off platinum ticket. I mean I think $7.50 is a PERFECT price for 570 Platnium.

The game is great and Im sure if the price was a tad bit lower, more people would make purchases for warframe. I mean its not like this game can be Pay to Win theres NO PvP so what's the point? Either way I know I can work for the items, but still Platinum prices are REALLY high.

I think warframe should either lower the prices, or give out more 75% off tickets, or do flash sales like Steam does, that or possibly give out offers or certain taskes to "earn" platinum. However I think your doing a great job with Warframe and I really like to play this game. I plan on buying more purchases, but only when I get a 75% off ticket again. Untill then, I'll enjoy the game for what it is.

Edited by Foxnstuff

I'm ok with the prices as they are for Platinum.

I get the 10 (9.99$) one maybe once or twice a month.

when i get them discount tickets i jump to the 30$ one.

I think of it not as "I'm buying Game money"  More of "This money is for this game to get even better"

with that, I'm all good with the prices.

if potatos never appear on alerts, this game becomes pay2win since you can only buy them and not being able to earn them as in-game rewards.

But theres no pvp... you work together. so how can you actually "win"? Please explaine that, you have no real advantage over anyone else because, well, you all work together anwyay. So really calling it Pay to Win is kinda just... well dumb in my opinion. You wanna see Pay 2 Win go look at Alaplaya. This isn't a competivie game, it's humans vs AI. Unless of course you count Duels in the dojo.

Foxnstuff, on 22 Jul 2013 - 6:00 PM, said:

I think warframe should either lower the prices,

prices are generally fine, considering how much 500 platinum can get you. that 500 plat can buy you plenty of warframe slots, reactors, catalysts, and weapon slots. thats plenty in my book.

or give out more 75% off tickets,

that completely defeats the purpose of having a set price. they give out coupons all the time as is, sometimes ending up with 2-4 coupons a month. thats more then any IRL store will do for you. if anything, they are too common.

or do flash sales like Steam does,

they do, sometimes.

that or possibly give out offers or certain taskes to "earn" platinum.

hell no. that COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of having a system for purchasing currency. and if you havent noticed, they do platinum give aways ALL THE TIME. every live stream, most side events, and even some community events in other communites. theres already tons of ways to get free platinum.

However I think your doing a great job with Warframe and I really like to play this game. I plan on buying more purchases, but only when I get a 75% off ticket again. Untill then, I'll enjoy the game for what it is.

theres nothing wrong with holding off, everyone has their priorities.

just dont force YOUR priorities on others.

I think of it not as "I'm buying Game money"  More of "This money is for this game to get even better"

Not going to spend $9.99 for low amounts of platinum when there is a chance for 570 of them for only $7.50. Seems like a waste to do any lower.

Uh, why don't you just buy a founders package?

Imagine how much more you'd have if the fixed the costs. I mean, $30 for rhino/frost/nova/etc is quite a bit...

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

With the influx of new players coming from the ps4 soon I hope DE lower the prices to make them more accesible, this way they'll get S#&$loads of new buyers. Other thant that they could lower the market prices -specially the 300+ plat 'frames. But anyways I'm ok with plat prices for now, developers are a bunch of nice people, I dont feel bad supporting them, unlike EA :s

Edited by nebulosa

prices are generally fine, considering how much 500 platinum can get you. that 500 plat can buy you plenty of warframe slots, reactors, catalysts, and weapon slots. thats plenty in my book.

Prices are pretty terrible. $10 here will get you a lot more in other games.

that completely defeats the purpose of having a set price. they give out coupons all the time as is, sometimes ending up with 2-4 coupons a month. thats more then any IRL store will do for you. if anything, they are too common.

they do, sometimes.

When? Last I remember (and only time) was the steam community choice sell, or the dual skana. Which has been on sale forever...

hell no. that COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of having a system for purchasing currency. and if you havent noticed, they do platinum give aways ALL THE TIME. every live stream, most side events, and even some community events in other communites. theres already tons of ways to get free platinum

I agree, tons of free plat in the game is the wrong way to do it. 5-10 here and there for doing something big would be fine (i.e. 5-10 per mastery rank, or getting X number of kills in an event/being top X

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I am getting the Founders package.

but i procrastinate.

even then i will still do the 10$ each month.

Its a damn fine game, I like it a lot so if my little 10$ helps buy donuts for the folks at DE

who make the game i Enjoy, then more than happy to do so.

Edited by OniDarkClown

they do, sometimes.

hell no. that COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of having a system for purchasing currency. and if you havent noticed, they do platinum give aways ALL THE TIME. every live stream, most side events, and even some community events in other communites. theres already tons of ways to get free platinum.

1. Not if you buy warframes... which is what i've done... + slots and colors (I look like a walking advertisment for Crayola!)

2. Theres a difference between IRL stores and a video game. Video games SHOULD have discounts on them more, it brings in more people to buy it and take a chance at it and want to play the game more and have stuff to get ready to level with and have fun, would gain more publicity and people would prob buy platinum more often.

3. Never realized they did flash sales, thanks for the knowledge!

4. It does NOT defeat the purpose. I don't know how many game communities use "Take a survey for free points", or "Watch this video for 10 free points". Only problem with that I would say is to scan out the legit ones from the ones that do NOTHING. However, it's still free points and they get paid for the advertisment for everytime a member earns platinum. I don't recall getting platinum handed to me, except when I started. With that being said, I haven't check "outside of the game" if that's what you mean.

Also I'm not forcing m priorities on other people, I'm simply stating my opinion saying that I think the prices are way to high and should be lowered a tad so everyone would WANT to buy platnium more often.

They already stated the price of everything in the market is too high for a reason that reason being because they want to lower the incentive for you to use plat over just farming whatever it is its money or time your chiice man

They already stated the price of everything in the market is too high for a reason that reason being because they want to lower the incentive for you to use plat over just farming whatever it is its money or time your chiice man

wouldn't it make sense then to just remove some items from the market that requires platnium if they where worries about that?

The prices are fine, even more thanks to sales. I regularly get a 50% off discount from the daily rewards and, there was even a 75% off as a Steam Community Choice during the last sale.

That's great that you get a 50% off, but not everyone does, and even then, the prices are still bad. What do you see getting recommended when people ask for advice on what to buy with plat? Slots, and colors, MAYBE sentinels.

its a bit hard to say something about this when you have a lot of spare plat...

while I can agree some of the plat prices seem high... as an example the 'What is stalker?" pack is like 875ish (cant remember exactly) plat? thats a LOT of plat to spend for 3 weapons...

having said that however when you do buy a weapon or frame (or combo of the two in some packs) you do get them automatically overcharged. meaning you dont need to throw more resources which is good.

personally I think $10 (or even 5) occasionally is more than enough to get you the much needed things to keep you going;

slots for weapons/warframes, Reactors, Catylists, Forma... and now resources if you are that desperate. those sort of things are rather cheap plat wise (10 - 20)

aside from that having a large plat purchase is really for convenience sake; cant be bothered farming x frame/weapon? or you dont have the means to be able to get them? (eg, Vubran/Banshee are hard to get your hands on) then spend some plat.

I know that can be difficult for some people, many people simply dont have the means to just throw $10 - $50 at a game which is understandable (I am in that boat myself)

I see spending plat on something like that as an investment more than "skipping content" or "short cutting" 

I COULD spend $40 on steam for RE6 or I could throw $40 (or $10 each week over the course of say a month) at Warframe, 

honestly I see the plat prices and at which you buy plat seems reasonable. it makes me think hard if I REALLY want that piece of content now or something to farm/get at a later date. 

That's great that you get a 50% off, but not everyone does, and even then, the prices are still bad. What do you see getting recommended when people ask for advice on what to buy with plat? Slots, and colors, MAYBE sentinels.

How about this then:

• 500 platinum and 100,000 credits to start stocking up on equipment immediately.
  • 6 random Common MOD Cards to being to upgrade your Warframes and weapons right away.
  • 4 random RARE MOD Cards for extra powerful modifications to your equipment.
  • The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
  • The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

For 10 USD during the last Steam sale. Everyone that uses Steam got that. Not only me. 

But yeah, the in-game shop prices are stupdly high, for things that aren't potatoes or those things you already mentioned.

EDIT: Besides the really limited color palettes...especially the last 2 flag colors that got released...

Edited by akaSM

How about this then:

• 500 platinum and 100,000 credits to start stocking up on equipment immediately.
  • 6 random Common MOD Cards to being to upgrade your Warframes and weapons right away.
  • 4 random RARE MOD Cards for extra powerful modifications to your equipment.
  • The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
  • The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

For 10 USD during the last Steam sale. Everyone that uses Steam got that. Not only me. 

and the Tenno pack was going for $25 at that time;

Prices need to be generally high because that's how you have sales. You never have a sale to raise prices, only to lower them. That's why people get coupons, or Steam has sales, or that time when almost everyone got the 50% off. And let's not forget founders packs still exist...

DE has said they are not following any one game's formula for F2P, however what they are doing that F2P games tend to do is keeping prices high as a standard. Not everything is high, but the highest price for a frame is $25.

What you may not quite understand is that many games have figured out that the vast majority of players fall into 1 category: players who will never pay anything because a game is F2P and consider paying for a "free" game dumb, or irrational, whatever. There are 2 smaller categories of players in terms of paying: players who will pay for little things, and players who will pay for things pretty much no matter what they cost. That latter group is actually where F2P games (or paid games with cash shops like Guild Wars 2 or WoW) make most of their money. They do not make it from the group that is willing to pay smaller amounts of money for things.

Because of these groups, game devs/publishers are left with depending on that group for revenue. This means prices need to generally remain high priced, and sales sometimes appear to entice others.

But hey, not everything is outrageous. Most find the price of a potato fair (20 plat is $1.33 USD). oddly, people think rare mats cost too much, when really, they cost 10 plat, or $0.66. If DE priced this any lower, I don't think they would exceed the profit margin vs the mark down. In other words, not enough people would buy mats still, so there's no point in lowering the price. And this goes back to the idea that people who will spend, will spend. And those same people are the ones who give DE most of their money (this I'm assuming from other F2P games that have given public info about their players). The folks in the middle who would buy cheap stuff don't outweigh the loss of profit from making things cheaper, so why should DE do it? Would it even go far as making them look nicer? And don't fool yourself about the majority of players, the ones who don't pay anything ever. They will not convert.

With the influx of new players coming from the ps4 soon I hope DE lower the prices to make them more accesible, this way they'll get S#&$loads of new buyers. Other thant that they could lower the market prices -specially the 300+ plat 'frames. But anyways I'm ok with plat prices for now, developers are a bunch of nice people, I dont feel bad supporting them, unlike EA :s

And if DE decides to lower frame and weapon prices....i only see rage incoming. Think for a sec about it, people paid 20-30 $ for Rhino and if you make it 10 or 15 it will only bring rage from people that paid full price. Solution is either to include frame and weapon discounts in daily rewards or refund for people who paid full price. Or just do what that unholy game called LoL does, get weekly discounts for random frames or weapons.