Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI problems regarding Foundry Rushes

Nobodys-Perfect

It's much too easy to be trying to set several items to build, and accidentally rush a build and spend platinum when your intention was to put another build on.

The speed at which the build list updates after having an item on it change status is the main culprit here. It takes a moment for an item to reposition itself after being set to build, but in that time, selecting another item can result in the first item being hit again, and a mistaken transaction. due to the 'set item to build' and 'rush' screens looking effectively identical to someone who's tired, or not paying attention. I know that interacting with long lists and whatever background work goes on for setting an item to build takes time and fixing that moment of update lag is probably not going to happen.

What I would suggest to fix this is a 3 second confirmation timer on a rush, much like the 3 seconds you are made to spend reviewing a trade with another player to ensure it is correct. This would visually distinguish the rush screen and make it much easier to avoid mistaken transactions. I feel a lot of players who've accidentally rushed items when they were saving their plat for other purchases or player trades would appreciate the foundry being less 'booby trapped' to eat your plat.

Support was kind enough to refund the rush I had made in error, but in the ticket stated that these were usually irreversable.  For something that seems so deliberately engineered as an accidental plat-sink, this is either pretty messed up, or just a 'don't do it again, support is busy, m'kay.' Which is fine in principle, In my case however I have a neurological condition which intermittently affects my concentration and coordination.  Often times when it gets particularly bad I'll just be chilling in the ship making loadouts, setting items to build, and doing that kind of thing while waiting it out until I'm steady enough to play missions again.  The first time this happened by accident, I just wrote it off, as I'm sure most players would. But to have it happen multiple times and realize what you've done by accident due to shaky hands feels pretty damn bad.

if you want to be really cool about this. Add an checkbox in the option menu that when ticked removes the rush option entirely from the foundry. Many players, myself included, never want to rush an item at all, believing plat is much better spent on other things, and being able to just remove the danger of an accidental rush transaction would be welcome.

I keep envisioning new players who get some small amount of plat through player trading, feel good about themselves, and then ruin it by accidentally triggering a 50 plat rush, It's pretty disheartening.