Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Primes Nose Ring

TheBringerofDubstep

Hello! I've just recently gotten Valkyr prime and from the digging I've done on the forums and Reddit I've noticed that the community is very polarized about her looks, with some appreciating her and others absolutely hating it.

To me personally I adore everything about her model and it feels very nice to move around with and fashion frame, save a single complaint.

That nose ring.

I've tried to ignore it, I really have, but honestly it just doesn't fit in at all and makes me feel its more of an attachment than actually part of the Warframe model, and I detest its look so much its robbed me of that genuine feeling of pride I get after I manage to successfully farm and craft a Warframe when I just look at them head to toe.

I would like to add that I don't frequent the forums, so I'm not sure if DE checks these random threads, but if they do, I would very much appreciate just the option to remove and apply it as an attachment as with her ribbons, thank you for your time.

Edited by TheBringerofDubstep

7 minutes ago, TheBringerofDubstep said:

As mentioned, I love all her looks save the ring, the helmet is magnificent and It feels wrong to switch it for a Bastet

How many times are you looking at Valkyr Prime's face during a match?

Like, I don't like Vauban Primes huge boner but I still play him because I almost never see it in game.

Just now, JSharpie said:

How many times are you looking at Valkyr Prime's face during a match?

Like, I don't like Vauban Primes huge boner but I still play him because I almost never see it in game.

Not often obviously, but a lot of cosmetics in game do not necessarily appear often in a mission, and yet a lot of people like to stand back and look at the cosmetic wonder that is their personal Warframe, you can argue about this all you want but there is no legitimate argument as to not allow at least the option to remove the ring, it may not matter to you, but it does to players like myself

Just now, Archistopheles said:

What kind of person has a nose where their chin is?

1_ValkyrPrimeAvatarBright.png

That thing is clearly either where he mouth would be, or attached to what would be considered her "chin"

Warframe anatomy tends to me a bit strange, but either way that doesn't deflate the main point of the thread in that it should be an optional accessory due to how much it stands out

206?cb=20170518034142Oberon has the same ring on the top of his head.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mag looks through her ring.

2044E47280DC018A75BA0E7AF40DE09102CFB09BNova's are around her neck and energy-tube things

latest?cb=20141124023106Frost Prime made his helmet out of the rings.

These are incredibly moot points, when I say her ring is unique, I mean HER ring is styled and positioned uniquely in an unorthodox manner for a warframe, not that there exists no ring as a warframe model, the examples mentioned here cohesively fit with the model of the warframe and do not look like tacked on addition like Valkyrs.

1 minute ago, TheBringerofDubstep said:

the examples mentioned here cohesively fit with the model of the warframe and do not look like tacked on addition like Valkyrs.

In.

Your.

Opinion.

You're free to design your frame however you wish, and you have multiple helms and styles available to you, as well as the ability to design your own and submit it to DE's Tenno Gen program.

If none of that is good enough for you, then you're in for a hard time, my friend.

In.

Your.

Opinion.

You're free to design your frame however you wish, and you have multiple helms and styles available to you, as well as the ability to design your own and submit it to DE's Tenno Gen program.

If none of that is good enough for you, then you're in for a hard time, my friend.

Well clearly its not an unpopular opinion, because there have been numerous complaints particularly addressing this one aspect of the frame, yes there are different perspectives but there are things that are objectively more tacked on than others which can be pointed out by colour differential and geometry to the whole, and it is within the beholders opinion whether or not they like said tacked on feature.

Also, you're ignoring the previous comment concerning how a player such as myself is perfectly happy with the current state of the frame save one minute annoying detail, which would literally be a joke to submit as tennogen.

Why are you so against the idea of simply having the option to remove a cosmetic frame feature which looks less fitting than the literal removable attachment that comes with the frame, how does this hurt you?

1 hour ago, TheBringerofDubstep said:

Why are you so against the idea of simply having the option to remove a cosmetic frame feature which looks less fitting than the literal removable attachment that comes with the frame, how does this hurt you?

He's probably just being argumentative. See we have these professional Warframe forumers that love hanging out in the forums just to argue. Its an addiction. 

On topic : Considering we have a toggle to toggle off and on prime bits to Tennogen I don't see why specific prime features can't do the same. 

That and the common answer I always got was, change helms or ignore it. And the devs won't waste their time creating toggles for every prime feature(s) in game. It would be quite a lot of work to do so.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

He's probably just being argumentative. See we have these professional Warframe forumers that love hanging out in the forums just to argue. Its an addiction. 

On topic : Considering we have a toggle to toggle off and on prime bits to Tennogen I don't see why specific prime features can't do the same. 

That and the common answer I always got was, change helms or ignore it. And the devs won't waste their time creating toggles for every prime feature(s) in game. It would be quite a lot of work to do so.

That I can understand, but this would be more of a feedback response than a routine feature they now have to install on to every frame. Kind of like how the Cyst was made removable by chair after a large enough part of the community complained about how it messes up their appearance. This is admittedly a much less widespread issue granted it only affects a single frame but still the gesture would definitely be appreciated on DE's part for those who have spoken out.

12 minutes ago, TheBringerofDubstep said:

That I can understand, but this would be more of a feedback response than a routine feature they now have to install on to every frame. Kind of like how the Cyst was made removable by chair after a large enough part of the community complained about how it messes up their appearance. This is admittedly a much less widespread issue granted it only affects a single frame but still the gesture would definitely be appreciated on DE's part for those who have spoken out.

It was intended to be removed anyways, just parts of the community as always cried like babies and felt like they actually won when DE changed it a bit sooner cutting out other content.

Ya didn't make DE do anything, they had it planned.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

It was intended to be removed anyways, just parts of the community as always cried like babies and felt like they actually won when DE changed it a bit sooner cutting out other content.

Ya didn't make DE do anything, they had it planned.

If you're willing to stop being completely condescending towards the community for a minute, regardless of whether they had it planned or not, a change did occur due to the criticism provided by the community, so clearly our voices in large enough quantities do mean something to them.

2 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

I hope this helps: Try to change your perspective. It could be a "Nose ring" or it could be a beautiful design, crafted only to the finest frames, a true beauty of a lost, golden era.

Very touching :P just hope that the beauty of that lost golden era could've been a bit more geometrically uniform lol

20 minutes ago, TheBringerofDubstep said:

I've you seen any of the fantastic Tennogen for her?

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Well, at least you don't see it much when you're playing. :p but yeah, the little bit does look weird. Although her 'crown of thorns' is the redeeming factor for me. Luckily, you can see that while you're playing. :)

Definitely, the crown is such a beautiful piece of work that Its the main reason I refuse changing helmets