Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe not working with DirectX

Choggner

Question

Hello, Tenno. For some reason, Warframe will not longer launch when I have either DirectX 10 or 11 enabled. The game launches in windowed mode, remains black the entire time, and then eventually minimizes itself. Without the DirectX enabled, the game is very choppy and ugly. I have already tried deleting and re-installing the game, deleting and re-installing the drivers for my video card, and even re-installing my monitor's driver. As far as I'm aware, there have been no changes to either my system or to the game since it last worked properly on Monday (4 days ago). Anyone have any ideas for me?

8 answers to this question

All the problems I can think of are things that would affect your PC as a whole and not just Warframe. DirectX being busted, Hardware Acceleration being turned off and malfunctioning hardware are all things that would kind of explain what you're experiencing. But these are also things you would probably notice when doing other stuff on your PC.

If you believe the problem is specific to Warframe then you should probably ask support for help. Most people around here would suggest you do things you've already done.

Ok, thanks for the thoughts, all. I'll keep puttering around with it and let you know if I discover the solution.

One thing that I discovered is that I can launch the game with DirectX activated if I actually launch it in windowed mode. But if I try to go to fullscreen in-game, then it freezes up again.

Edited by Choggner