Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell Farming...

Xandielm

Question

This is what my time playing has been spent doing lately.  I don't know if its just me or not but I always need a lot for everything that I need to build right now.

What stinks is that bosses seem to be the only way to get them but I have been very unlucky with drop rates so I end up spending all day just doing one boss for one resource.

I'm at the point where I may just buy all the orokin cells I need but that would take at least 250 plat.

Anyone else experiencing this or got any suggestions for how to get them easier?

Haven't had these problems... when I had a group to help keep mobs occupied, I ran around with Thief's Wit maxed, checked cans. We'd usually get 1-2 orokin cells a run from Tethys-Saturn after the rare-common drop fix. Was more like 5+ during that one weekend. I've been building helms and frames, and because I was farming Ember, I've actually net increased my stockpile to 33.

I dunno. It was easier prior to U9, I guess. Kinda...ish.

The go-to boss for cells is Sargas Ruk, for me. When I was farming Ember BPs (prior to Update 9), he dropped a Cell almost every run.

The other night I got a Forma BP, but had no cells for it, and did two runs without luck, but the third run, the next morning, yielded 2 Cells from a single drop, and another from a random Lancer.

I might need more soon, and will be killing Ruk again, since he seems to me as still a fairly good option.

Haven't had these problems... when I had a group to help keep mobs occupied, I ran around with Thief's Wit maxed, checked cans. We'd usually get 1-2 orokin cells a run from Tethys-Saturn after the rare-common drop fix. Was more like 5+ during that one weekend. I've been building helms and frames, and because I was farming Ember, I've actually net increased my stockpile to 33.

That weekend where rare resources were dropping like crazy was a bug.

I knew the drop rates wouldn't last, and was suspicious of the adjustments, so I stocked up during the weekend. I still only have 31, but that's enough to see me through a while. That said, yes, getting rare resources in quantities as high as some recipes call for is a serious time eater.

Yeah, as wiki states, every boss has a chance to drop Orokin Cells, but the you got higher chance to aquire it from General Sargas Ruk and Lieutenant Lech Kril. You can also sometimes get it from non-boss drops on Saturn and Ceres.

I got tonnes of these while farming for the frost boss, I think it was. Still using from that stock (took about 50 runs to get frost)

Down to last 10 now tho...so yeah..back to farming soon.Mine used mainly for frames, but now think research things are also using them :(

I've gotten probably 4 in the last couple of days from the boss on Sat trying to get Ember bps, maybe the rng gods have just been kind to me, morphics and control panels though.. >.< Then again Dread needs 6 and the glaive needs 10.. so maybe I am not doing that great after all lol. Seems a long ways off.

Edited by Redstorm74

This is what my time playing has been spent doing lately.  I don't know if its just me or not but I always need a lot for everything that I need to build right now.

What stinks is that bosses seem to be the only way to get them but I have been very unlucky with drop rates so I end up spending all day just doing one boss for one resource.

I'm at the point where I may just buy all the orokin cells I need but that would take at least 250 plat.

Anyone else experiencing this or got any suggestions for how to get them easier?

I needed a Cell yesterday, you know what i did?

A boss mission, sure, but i also broke every container along the way instead of rushing to the boss and i ended up getting my cell from a container and not from the boss.

I needed a Cell yesterday, you know what i did?

A boss mission, sure, but i also broke every container along the way instead of rushing to the boss and i ended up getting my cell from a container and not from the boss.

^This... My tinfoil hat says DE is doing this on purpose to get everyone to kill everything, break all containers and mark mats for each other. All my boss solo rushes lately have been relatively fruitless, but when I team-play I get the stuff I'm looking for. Go figure...

In the meantime boss rushers be like:

6a00d8341c652b53ef011168e57cea970c-800wi

My only issue with them is that the 2 bosses that drop them most are pretty annoying to kill. Kril takes a while because he's a sponge and is actually a real boss battle, and Ruk has really annoying abilities which make it hard to actually shoot him.

I farmed Orokin Cells for a bit during the rare mat drop bug and stocked up on like 25 of them. Not that they are lasting me very long, and I haven't even built a prime weapon with them yet.

Edited by Fate_6

My tinfoil hat says DE is doing this on purpose to get everyone to kill everything, break all containers and mark mats for each other. All my boss solo rushes lately have been relatively fruitless, but when I team-play I get the stuff I'm looking for. Go figure...

Except, for me, it's just about the opposite. I have much more luck when soloing. As you said, go figure...

My only issue with them is that the 2 bosses that drop them most are pretty annoying to kill. Kril takes a while because he's a sponge and is actually a real boss battle, and Ruk has really annoying abilities which make it hard to actually shoot him.

I farmed Orokin Cells for a bit during the rare mat drop bug and stocked up on like 25 of them. Not that they are lasting me very long, and I haven't even built a prime weapon with them yet.

Bring a Banshee against Kril, and cast Sonar as he's about to freeze himself. This way, you'll kill him long before he even reaches phase 2 of the fight if people unload into the orange glow-spot. Works solo, too. Very effective.

As for Ruk, he's a total blarghfest. I mean, imagine my surprise when I found out that Null Star is affected by it. Or that Teslas just fizzle about instead of dealing any damage (to anything), Kinda random, but very annoying in the long run.

Kunai used to let you ignore bullet attractor which made it braindead. 

if you take a nyx and chaos on ruk, you can pretty much bullet dump till he dies.

in solo

moment you meet ruk, he usually cast bullet attractor first, but since he's really slow, you can just get hit with the skill and hide until it runs out.

it might be bit "time consuming" but ruk dies much faster than  kril. 

and throwing secondaries still goes through electric shields so only need to worry about bullet attractor.

also all other bosses can drop oro cell as well. so if you need other resources as well, you can get lucky and snag a few oro cells while not even expecting. 

You know what would be a shame? If the rare resources accidentally started dropping as common resources again :D

I would hate to see that happen *sarcasm*

I think one weekend a month would be nice to see a good drop rate on rare mats.