Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skana needs Plastids? why?!

ModPhreak

New Player here and I did not research the game before playing, just watched a few videos on YT.

Big mistake choosing the MK1-Bo as stating weapon, as I did.

I think you have to put in over 20 hours before you can get to a planet that gives you Plastids, which is absolutely dreadful when your warframe is Excalibur.

Why is Plastids needed for a sword anyway, seriously!

I was even considering starting over after 5 hours, when I found out that Excalibur really needs a sword.

It should not be possible that a starter weapon cannot be obtained again, until you max out your warframe and other starter weapons!

By my prediction I will have to find another melee weapon to max out before I can even make the Skana.

So far this game is really great, but Plastids requirement for the Skana is really just disappointing.

When I rank up in Mastery is there any other sword alternative to the Skana that require resources within the first 2-3 maybe 4 planets?

Any help much appreciated.

If you planning on getting it through self-progression, you want to work your way to unlocking Mars then Phobos; Phobos is the closes planet for you to get plastids.

Since you're new I need to tell this: don't rush through the content. It may look like Excalibur needs a sword but he is just as good with the Bo staff, you just need to mod your gear effectively.

I was even considering starting over after 5 hours, when I found out that Excalibur really needs a sword.

For what exact purpose "excalibur needs a sword?" Your weapon doesn't matter. Only the mods you put in if you're about using exalted blade. You can run with daggers or hammers or any sht, nature of weapon doesn't matter as long as it's a melee.

Edited by -Temp0-

Thanks for fast the reply guys :)

After the green way-point bug on extraction and wasted 1-2 hours; I was annoyed that I couldn't make the Skana in early game.

Early game and passive ability go well together I assume.

I will just have to get lucky with a taxi or quest reward until i get to Phobos.

But I do think that Plastids shouldn't be a requirement for the Skana.

1 hour ago, ModPhreak said:

Early game and passive ability go well together I assume.

It's a 'whole' blowing 10% which is literally nothing. Even damaged mods like those give you more.

Considering it's % it means if your starter weapon deals 50 damage it gives you a... 5 more damage lmao. Yep. That certanly gonna help a lot.

Edited by -Temp0-

It has always been odd that the Skana as starter weapon can only be obtained either for 150 plat or as blueprint while all other starter weapons can be purchased for nothing but credits. It was odd when it was the only of 3 starter weapons (with Lato and Mk1-Braton) and it's even more odd now that we have a selection of 9 starter weapons.

It's actualy quite a weird inconsistency which they for some reason left in when they updated the starter weapon concept.

They added 6 new weapons to the list, based on the Mk-1 Braton example. Even giving them the MK1 title, to highlight  that these are inferior versions. But then they left the Lato and the Skana without MK-1 versions. Essentialy marking them as "don't bother keeping these". Also makes one wonder if the "Pillar of Tenno culture" is infact a wooden training sword, that can't be downgraded anymore? Mind you being able to hack appart enemies with a wooden sword does make the Tenno look impressive.

Yet at the same time they left the Skana with the still weird nature of being a plat or blueprint only purchase, putting it on the price level of better performing regular weapons. Also while regular Braton and Strun can also be purchased with credits, the rest of the regular versions of the starter weapons can't. Which again is an inconsistency with little understandable reason.

But after 4+ years it seems unlikely to ever change just for the sake of not confusing new players.

OK now I'm further in the game...

I was lucky and got a special bonus resource mission with Plastids, so just one more of these and I can make the Skana or maybe another sword, which will fit with the staff becoming max. Yeah I know the XP transfers to the frame, but I will see what I do.

Another argument the Skana should not require  Plastids, is because the dual Skana does not require it, so I think my argument is quite sound. I have also seen others make a similar post on steam and perhaps here too.

Warframe is a very good and addictive game.

But it's still in Beta!?

6 hours ago, ModPhreak said:

OK now I'm further in the game...

I was lucky and got a special bonus resource mission with Plastids, so just one more of these and I can make the Skana or maybe another sword, which will fit with the staff becoming max. Yeah I know the XP transfers to the frame, but I will see what I do.

Another argument the Skana should not require  Plastids, is because the dual Skana does not require it, so I think my argument is quite sound. I have also seen others make a similar post on steam and perhaps here too.

Warframe is a very good and addictive game.

But it's still in Beta!?

It's in "beta." Having that tag there lets people know that DE plan to make massive changes to core gameplay mechanics as time goes on, as they've done in the past. Warframe will likely never not be in beta.