Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A curious question

ShadowHvo

I got a very simple question for the TennoGen and the submitted models.

Is it legal, by DE's standards, to commission an artist to create and model a TennoGen skin?

I'm only asking since a great many games don't allow game items to be sold for real life currency, so I'm merely wondering if they would allow someone to commission an artist to do work for the TennoGen?

4 hours ago, Nicococo said:

So you want to commission an artist to create a skin for warframe and make it yours through a legal contract?

4 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

i think it is, you just need to have a contract with the artist and then give the design to DE, if they use that desing they are gonna pay you, and then you are gonna pay the artist (if it's in the contract)

To respond to both at the same time, "yes!" but with the exception that I'm not exclusively looking to own the skin from the creator. I'm simply looking to commission an artist to create the dream Alt Helmet of mine, and hope to get a shot at getting it into the game.

What I'm trying to say is this: I do not have to own it, or even have me be the one to submit it. The creator, for all intents and purposes, can be the one to do both, and earn -all- of the monetary gains if it gets accepted.

By commision, I truly believe it can go both ways, all depending on what the client and the artist agrees on. I for one however, would not mind either way. I simply wish to see a helmet design of mine get into the game.

4 hours ago, JSharpie said:

That seems real shady man.

My sincerest apologies if it appears shady, for it is certainly not my intention. I am asking here only to be absolutely certain, that neither I myself, nor potential artist could get into trouble, in the case that I paid the artist beforehand to create something that would be submitted to the game.

3 hours ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

Oh hi Hvo :P

Well, as long as you have the rights to the image, the design and the object (skin) itself, I don't think it is a problem. At least I think that's what counts for DE.

Hello! =D

That sounds awesome, I definitely hope this is the case at least.

1 hour ago, ShadowHvo said:

To respond to both at the same time, "yes!" but with the exception that I'm not exclusively looking to own the skin from the creator. I'm simply looking to commission an artist to create the dream Alt Helmet of mine, and hope to get a shot at getting it into the game.

What I'm trying to say is this: I do not have to own it, or even have me be the one to submit it. The creator, for all intents and purposes, can be the one to do both, and earn -all- of the monetary gains if it gets accepted.

By commision, I truly believe it can go both ways, all depending on what the client and the artist agrees on. I for one however, would not mind either way. I simply wish to see a helmet design of mine get into the game.

My sincerest apologies if it appears shady, for it is certainly not my intention. I am asking here only to be absolutely certain, that neither I myself, nor potential artist could get into trouble, in the case that I paid the artist beforehand to create something that would be submitted to the game.

Hello! =D

That sounds awesome, I definitely hope this is the case at least.

Oh yeah like a collaboration. You have the original idea (and hopefully concept art) and you'd like an artist to create it and submit it to steam. You can then add 2 creators when you submit it to steam. I dont think DE cares as long as theres an official "owner" of the piece. I remember users asking the same question (somewhat) in SOE's playerstudio with planetside 2 and they didnt really care but they asked that you settle it before you submit it, so you leave SOE out of it. This is just my opinion but I dont think an artist would create a skin for someone else and let that person upload it and get paid a share for ingame purchases. I mean maybe some artists might if the price is right and the legal contract is done correctly. I guess it depends on the artist, but like I said before your explanation sounds more like a collaboration.

Edited by Nicococo