Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Failed to Join Session"

alphonso06

I'd like to start and say I've been playing this game for about a year or so, a friend invited me and we've been playing ever since.

Lately though we can't seem to invite each other anymore. This is the first in my 1300 hour journey. I'd click her name on the friends list and hit invite. Yet it says "Failed to Join Session" on her part.

I asked her to invite me instead and it still says "Failed to Join Session" on my end.

I heard this was a router issue, as I've read on the forums. So, I adjusted the settings accordingly. Saved and rebooted the router. I also fixed the game's settings. I enabled universal plug and play as my router supports it. I also configured my friend's router, which was a slightly different model to mine but no problems.

I relogged Warframe and tried again. Same result. "Failed to Join Session".

We more or less have the same settings except for the PC Type.

Allow Invites: All
Region: Asia
Ping Limit: 300
PC Type: Autodetect
Enable UPnP: On
Enable NAT-PMP: On
Network Ports [UDP]: 4950 & 4955

The 'Analyze Network' says no problems. I'm a little confused about that. I'm also confused about the fact I can join games from people around the world, while my friend who lives just a few minutes of driving away from my house can't connect. We share the same ISP as well, same data plan.

I'm kind of running out of options since most threads like these have been a bit desolate or just ignored. I'm willing to cooperate if there are other solutions that we can try.

Edited by alphonso06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 3:04 AM, flooberjobby said:

I'm having the same problem. Asked about it in Mastery chat and I got suspended from it

To provide an update, we never had a fix for this at all. Just my friend specifically, we can't join our games 90% of the time. Really annoying.

An explanation would be nice. Censorship won't help anyone here.

Edited by alphonso06

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem but when I click analyze problem it say "Please ensure that firewall permit UDP ports 4950 and 4955" ..I have opened those ports..on router and on firewall also I tried to disable firewall but still same problem...And I dont understand that some ppl can invite me and I can invite some ppl..but with some I cant join in party together.. Can anyone help me with this?

It is also weird that if Im in game and I can play with other ppl..but when I exit game and start it agian...My friends dont even see me online.. I can see the chat and chat with others but none can invite me or when I go on random mission..I can only play solo..  And if I exit game again..I turn off my router and start it again and when I go back in the game I can play with other ppl and they can invite me but again not everyone..I notice also that mostly I can invite ppl from same region I am " Europe " Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix this?

I am having the exact same problem right now, I have made exceptions for those ports on my pc and router and when I am in-game I can see the chat and chat with other people as well as when I am in Catus and other open places I can see other players, and yet I am always offline to my friends in-game, cant be invited and can only run missions solo. I even ended up uninstalling and reinstalling warframe last night and that did nothing. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 9:57 AM, alphonso06 said:

I'd like to start and say I've been playing this game for about a year or so, a friend invited me and we've been playing ever since.

Lately though we can't seem to invite each other anymore. This is the first in my 1300 hour journey. I'd click her name on the friends list and hit invite. Yet it says "Failed to Join Session" on her part.

I asked her to invite me instead and it still says "Failed to Join Session" on my end.

I heard this was a router issue, as I've read on the forums. So, I adjusted the settings accordingly. Saved and rebooted the router. I also fixed the game's settings. I enabled universal plug and play as my router supports it. I also configured my friend's router, which was a slightly different model to mine but no problems.

I relogged Warframe and tried again. Same result. "Failed to Join Session".

We more or less have the same settings except for the PC Type.

The 'Analyze Network' says no problems. I'm a little confused about that. I'm also confused about the fact I can join games from people around the world, while my friend who lives just a few minutes of driving away from my house can't connect. We share the same ISP as well, same data plan.

I'm kind of running out of options since most threads like these have been a bit desolate or just ignored. I'm willing to cooperate if there are other solutions that we can try.

I am having this issue since last update after razorback armada quest.... My friends can't invite me to game or i can't join other squads for normal missions or any.... This is annoying alot.

Network seems ok after analyzing.

Was gaming with some friends, now unable to see anyone from my clan online nor able to actually get invites, yet i can talk to them on Clanchat...

Tried restarting, releasing IP config , nothing seems to work for the game, yet everythign else works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As for today, this problems still occur to me too. Is there really no fix to this? I've been searching for weeks now to no avail. Feelsbadman, it really annoys me the fact that other playerss can play in squad for farming while im not :( . I really want to enjoy the contents of this game with a group of players. On a side note, i can play with  other players in pug but I just  cant host or inv people when trying to do radshare together

• 3 weeks later...

I had run into the same problem after the "Beasts of Sanctuary" update. The only way for me to play is to host random sessions. I can't invite anyone, and can't be invited either. When I'm starting a mission, I'm stucking with squad search for 15-20 sec, and after this i can start mission in public as host. This is really annoying, because I have to trade, and for now I must go to the Maroo's Bazar to proceed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

For the past 3 weeks. I've been playing with my friends with no problem but recently I noticed that none of of my friends were online (but they're actually online) and I'm also unable to be invite anyone to join my squad or join my friend session when I got invited.

One solution that I found was that I have to set my game to FRIEND ONLY and let my friends join in. Which is I have to be a host but what if I want to join my friends session???????

And yes, I try analyzed my network in a gameplay options, doesn't seems to do anything.

Edited by Getter_
Able to find a solution to play with friends.

3 hours ago, aNamelessHenchman said:

Good Luck, If you open a ticket, DE 'Support' will just blame the router or ISP (It's not our problem).

They couldn't even respond to my queries about Firewall issues.

yes man exactly happend to me i even changed my isp and router after they said me still issue exist i hav 150 mbps wired connection ... its some problem with there game netcode 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TecSsasin said:

yes man exactly happend to me i even changed my isp and router after they said me still issue exist i hav 150 mbps wired connection ... its some problem with there game netcode 

I suspect Windows Firewall. I had limited success earlier by adding custom rules in Win Firewall, but now Warframe deletes the rules when i start it. It is the weirdest behaviour.