Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about... an antifraction frame

Raskol

When im playing a corpus mission (with slow firing weapons) and i see this arsehole:

latest?cb=20141204232144

i always wonder how nice it would be if there would be some frame that could just laught him in the face.

What im talking about is a warframe which all skills would be focused on reducing the most annoying things about each fraction (the nullifier example)

I didnt invent any particular skills, passive etc. cause i wanted to see what annoys u most in each fraction, what would you want to see for each skill to do. I have some ideas but ill save it for later in disscusion.

Lets assume that skill order:

1. Anti-infested
2. Anti-corpus
3. Anti-greenier
4. Anti-corrupted

1 minute ago, TheBlueHero said:

limbo is not annoying. people that dont know how to play him are.

nah limbo is annoying unless he does nothing but banish the sortie defence target or the rescue target. (unless that's what you mean by knowing how to play him)

23 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

When im playing a corpus mission (with slow firing weapons) and i see this arsehole:

latest?cb=20141204232144

i always wonder how nice it would be if there would be some frame that could just laught him in the face.

literally just shoot the drone, its what it's there for

6 minutes ago, TheBlueHero said:

limbo is not annoying. people that dont know how to play him are.

When i play limbo im not annoyin. But it means i just press shift ant the beggining and then just rush through the mission so it means its either being annoying or bored :P

3 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

literally just shoot the drone, its what it's there for

And again, i know about the drone but most of the times cant just shoot it cause it hides insied the bubble or behind it, its just easileir to jump in kill nulli with melee but i dont like it turning off my skills (what can be deadly in higher lvls)

Its not another "nullifier complain" thread - wanted to discuss about my concept of frame that focuses on fighting different fractions

Came in expecting a frame concept working against mathematical fractions....got another post complaining about the corpus faction (note the lack of r)

Yes I don't like corpus nullifiers either and the drone needs fixing so we can actually one shot it like it was originally described but they don't require and entire frame designed to 'defeat' their abilities etc.  In all honesty all corpus needs is a subtle once over on a couple of their units, nullifiers being one of them.  

Can't say I've had any issue with any other faction so this sort of frame would be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.

37 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

And again, i know about the drone but most of the times cant just shoot it cause it hides insied the bubble or behind it, its just easileir to jump in kill nulli with melee but i dont like it turning off my skills (what can be deadly in higher lvls)

Its not another "nullifier complain" thread - wanted to discuss about my concept of frame that focuses on fighting different fractions

the drone sits forward in the direction the nully is facing, if he is angry at you, you should be able to hit the drone (if he is facing away, thats a different story)

dont get me wrong, the idea of a frame with faction-specific abilities is interesting, i just get triggered when people complain about nullies (i love em)

so basicly atterax+maiming strike?

oh sorry i forgot do not speak of meta for thy is written in book of brown substance speaking of meta on forum will on shall cause brown stuff fly at your face speed faster than that of holy jeremian kerbin crashing down on kerman for thy shall not speak nor mention meta..too much?

x3

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Came in expecting a frame concept working against mathematical fractions....got another post complaining about the corpus faction (note the lack of r)

The only reason i mentioned nillies is that because it made me think of warframe like that...

But let me share couple of my ideas:

Ok, first theres this problem that frame like that would be problematic if any new fraction joined universe

I thought about mechanics of frame like that: should it be like 1st skill = infested only (for example) or 1st skill = redused incoming damage from fraction X (and you pick which one). Basically the buffs could be damage reduction from certain fraction/elemental dmg they use, your damage buff against fraction u choose and so on.

But... it also could be reducement of the most annoying effects that each fraction has. So for infested it could be the toxin status either xx% reduced time/dmg or complete immunity for x seconds.
For corpus id make its skill decrease size of nullis bubble (70-80% id say)/ completely remove it for x sec or slowly decrease size afrer contacting this skill's aoe.

Edited by Raskolnikow

5 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the drone sits forward in the direction the nully is facing, if he is angry at you, you should be able to hit the drone (if he is facing away, thats a different story)

That might be what it's supposed to do but I've had lots of times where it's behind or inside the bubble... I'm not the only one either

1 hour ago, MysticalOctopus said:

I feel like Mag used to be this for the Corpus. Just wreck everyone. But now...

He still does... up to lvl 20 :P Maybe a bit higher.

With good weapon (ah, my Lanka with that sweet riven i got :D) Mag's 2nd still demolishes everything

1 hour ago, MysticalOctopus said:

Yeah, but Polarize used to kill like everything Corpus. And the Lanka thing only works in big open spaces with no walls or pillars.

Well it works 2 ways: first its punchthrough thing - it causes the bullet to hit enemies multiple times and theres also that the magnetize collects all incoming damage so if u have high dps weapon it desnt matter if u have punchthrough, on explosion all damage will "get back" in aoe

...Loki Irradiating Disarm. You take away weapons. They fight each other. Works regardless of level. They are proc'ed with radiation - a status.

BUT...
If we go with your skill order.

14 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

1. Anti-infested
2. Anti-corpus
3. Anti-greenier Grineer*
4. Anti-corrupted

Ability 1: Enemies that come into your aura range will lose any buff gained from their allies, additionally, they can no longer receive buffs.
Ability 2: Enemies will stop spouting gibberish  Cast upon enemy, they can not 'summon'/ spawn/ call for backup. Any machine/ drone already deployed by them are instantly destroyed. (includes nuli-bubble drone)
Ability 3: Enemies will shut the hell up Attacks done from range are reflected right back to the attacker. This includes, bombards rockets, any projectile, teleporting.
Ability 4: Enemies are no longer under any status or life-changing effect. Corrupted enemies are no longer corrupt. Any buff from being corrupt is lost and they fight each other.

23 hours ago, INight00 said:

Ability 1: Enemies that come into your aura range will lose any buff gained from their allies, additionally, they can no longer receive buffs.

Ability 2: Enemies will stop spouting gibberish  Cast upon enemy, they can not 'summon'/ spawn/ call for backup. Any machine/ drone already deployed by them are instantly destroyed. (includes nuli-bubble drone)
Ability 3: Enemies will shut the hell up Attacks done from range are reflected right back to the attacker. This includes, bombards rockets, any projectile, teleporting.
Ability 4: Enemies are no longer under any status or life-changing effect. Corrupted enemies are no longer corrupt. Any buff from being corrupt is lost and they fight each other.

I like these ideas but I feel number 3 would be a bit too much and is similar to Zepher's turbulence, although it doesn't reflect the bullets directly back to the attacker the 'redirecting all range damage' is powerful enough.

Personally I don't think the bombards are the most annoying I would have to say the high level scorches are, being able to kill me anytime they get in range in just a couple seconds, my idea for a anti-grineer ability would be all fire or chemical based weapons malfunction and explode knocking them down and forcing them to revert to melee attacks. this would make it easier to stay alive and would take care of those cursed Nox, Napalm and Scorches.

Edited by Helios1414

49 minutes ago, Helios1414 said:

I like these ideas but I feel number 3 would be a bit too much and is similar to Zepher's turbulence, although it doesn't reflect the bullets directly back to the attacker the 'redirecting all range damage' is powerful enough.

Personally I don't think the bombards are the most annoying I would have to say the high level scorches are, being able to kill me anytime they get in range in just a couple seconds, my idea for a anti-grineer ability would be all fire or chemical based weapons malfunction and explode knocking them down and forcing them to revert to melee attacks. this would make it easier to stay alive and would take care of those cursed Nox, Napalm and Scorches.

I didn't explain it very well. The moment they shoot, thier 'projectile' will target them instead.

So those elemental weapons will just be redirected back to their face.