Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*Tetarix* {My Gravity Frame Concept}

(PSN)Tomplexthis

WOOT ANOTHER GRAVITY LIKE WARFRAME CONCEPT!!!!

....imma try my hand at this

Passive: {Hover Boots}

Tetarix hovers above the ground slightly, granting him increased friction + he can jump off the air an additional time/ triple jump

He will not trigger any ground based traps

and he floats over chasms/cliffs for 2 seconds before falling, allow him to walk on air {Similar to Hover Boots from Zelda Orcania of Time}

(Stats)
Health: 125 (375 at rank 30)
Power: 125 (225 at rank 30)
Armor: 150
Shield Capacity: 100 (300 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.05
Polarities: 1 Madurai (V) and 1 Vazarin (D)
Aura Polarity: 1 Naramon (-)

Of course for his powers hed need some awesome gravity powers right?

Exclude Black Holes or something, yeah no....

1: Gravity Well {25 energy per cast}

Tetarix Places a gravity well at targeted location, generating massive, but growing gravitational density

enemies will feel the pull to the ground as the wells power intensifies over time, crushing them against the ground

This tears their weapons from their hands, and slows their movement to a halt, before immobilizing them completely

*But, this can be cast upon a wall, or a roof, to pull those enemies against that wall or that roof, trapping them against the wells surface area

this deals damage over time to any enemies caught in its grasp, and devastates shields

2% damage as base health per second, and 9% base damage to shields per second to any enemies affected by Gravity well

Tetarix may place up to 4 wells at any given time, they each have a lifespan of 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 seconds, and range of 12m

2: Surge {Toggled ability, 3 energy per second}

Tetarix turns himself into a living gravity well, attracting all nearby objects to himself and pulling all nearby enemies closer to him

*This flings matter from all over the area right to him, slowing his movement, and damaging any nearby enemies with random debris pull to him

*Every 2 seconds a surge of gravity forcefully yanks enemies near him closer to him, slowly pulling them over and over into his face

Any enemies pulled will be staggered for 1 second, any enemies hit by debris will have them armor damaged by 25% and will take impact/puncture damage

3: Dissentation {50 energy per cast}

Tetarix disengages an areas Gravity for all nearby enemies, this creates a huge anti gravitational bubble

Enemies caught inside of it will float into the air, detached from the ground, and can be damaged, sent flying by the force applied

Enemies hit will be sent flying, and if they collide with any objects in their path they will generate forceful damage/ heavy impact damage

enemies who bump into each other will also deal damage to each other

{it would be a funny ability to witness all these enemies floating around, unable to attack or do anything, struggling to escape}

I imagine the damage for this as basic "space" physics, as the force applies will effect a enemies speed of movement, increasing the impact damage they recieve

4: Gravity Storm {100 energy per cast, charges in the similar fashion as Hydroids Tidal Surge}

Tetarix raises his hand into the air generating a massive black hole... of course

But this one disables all gravitational forces within the area, and causes a massive surging storm

It sucks up all the enemies into the air, flinging them in every direction, spinning them all in the air, in a rapid cyclone towards its center

Once all the effected enemies reach its center, it collapses and then immediately explodes, flinging their bodies in every direction

*So he lifts his hand charging the power, this lifts up every enemy nearby

*he clenches his fist, creating a black hole, this makes enemies fly around in the air aggressively and violently in a cyclone to its center

*then he opens his hand again, this explodes the black hole, flinging the enemies all across the map

This power would destroy shields, armor, and health, leaving each enemy with a surge of their own for 3 seconds

Each enemy hit by this power will feel it after, if they managed to even survive it, as nearby debris will be sucked right towards them

And due to them having their own surge, they will pull other enemies to themselves, and be weighed down, moving 50% slower for 3 seconds after

i wanted to avoid any vauban vortex concept/its overdone really

but the pulling effect is still there, disabling and generating gravity wells seems like a cool idea though

Gravity.

Passive: Shouldn't he have less friction (nezha) since he is hovering? Neat passive otherwise.
Stats are fine.

1: Very similar to Vaubans Vortex but with additional effects... I wonder how this will interact with ability 3.

2: Nice. I like this. Stats?

3: Effective CC just like ability 1. Similar to Vaubans Bastille. I imagine having the enemies float then get sucked into ability 4 will be good practice.

4: Sounds like a cooler version of nidus' 2nd ability but combine with Zephyrs tornado. Scientifically, if it is effectively a black hole, should the enemies be irradiated or do you think that's too much? If it waits for the enemies to be sucked in, does that mean you plan to have a cap on how many enemies are effected by this? The aftermath, since the enemies will have a stronger gravity field, would it be affected by bullets similar to mags Magnetise? Also, since the aftermath is so effective, you may have to reduce the damage. Balancing reasons.

A neat but basic concept with room for development.
Think of gravity more realistically. What if an ability worked where you make a gravity spot. The further units are from it, the faster they move (time is faster), the closer they are to the gravity spot the slower they move (time is slower/ normal). It's a bit like Nova's Molecular Prime except the speed varies with the units location, it should affect allies too, so they can speed up with the enemy, but keep their usual pace when near the gravity spot.
Also anything with mass effectively warps space time. This warp is essentially gravity. So the bigger you are the bigger your disturbance. You could have an ability that scales using this idea. So the more health the enemy has the greater their disturbance. The ability will need a zone for them to distort, the greater their distortion on said zone the more *damage they take* or any other effect. This would effectively make the rule - the higher the enemy level, the more damage they take.
Black holes... watch a video about it. There is a LOT to it.

14 hours ago, INight00 said:

Gravity.

Passive: Shouldn't he have less friction (nezha) since he is hovering? Neat passive otherwise.
Stats are fine.

1: Very similar to Vaubans Vortex but with additional effects... I wonder how this will interact with ability 3.

2: Nice. I like this. Stats?

3: Effective CC just like ability 1. Similar to Vaubans Bastille. I imagine having the enemies float then get sucked into ability 4 will be good practice.

4: Sounds like a cooler version of nidus' 2nd ability but combine with Zephyrs tornado. Scientifically, if it is effectively a black hole, should the enemies be irradiated or do you think that's too much? If it waits for the enemies to be sucked in, does that mean you plan to have a cap on how many enemies are effected by this? The aftermath, since the enemies will have a stronger gravity field, would it be affected by bullets similar to mags Magnetise? Also, since the aftermath is so effective, you may have to reduce the damage. Balancing reasons.

A neat but basic concept with room for development.
Think of gravity more realistically. What if an ability worked where you make a gravity spot. The further units are from it, the faster they move (time is faster), the closer they are to the gravity spot the slower they move (time is slower/ normal). It's a bit like Nova's Molecular Prime except the speed varies with the units location, it should affect allies too, so they can speed up with the enemy, but keep their usual pace when near the gravity spot.
Also anything with mass effectively warps space time. This warp is essentially gravity. So the bigger you are the bigger your disturbance. You could have an ability that scales using this idea. So the more health the enemy has the greater their disturbance. The ability will need a zone for them to distort, the greater their distortion on said zone the more *damage they take* or any other effect. This would effectively make the rule - the higher the enemy level, the more damage they take.
Black holes... watch a video about it. There is a LOT to it.

my only real problem with gravity warframe concept would be Vaubans Vortex, and Mag in general

But the thing being that Magnets are not Gravity, so it can be tooled towards a different variety

for his 2, it pulls in nearby debris to damage enemies, i was thinking it would be a damage % of base health, and have a small radius of 12m or 15m

For his 3, my main idea comes from an Old game called Jak and Daxter, or Well Jak 3

Jak 3 had a gun that when fired turns off the gravity, and enemies can be easily knocked about and tossed or shoved

1:26, this was one of my most favorite guns in this game

for Tetarix's 4, i didnt want just a basic Vortex, but more of a chaotic storm

Lifting up enemies into the air, then spinning them around in a frenzy around the point of no return, then the explosion would send them flying all over

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

For his 3,

Titania does this with her first ability. You can wack them around too.

It is too similar to existing frames. Keep changing little things about the abilities, you might end up with something entirely new.
Also, think about how said abilities may or may not interact with each other.