Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kicked from region chat for @username referencing a user's long caplock name.

Insizer

So this is an actual issue.  A few minutes ago I was kicked for capslock chatting.  The thing is that I didn't use any caps except when referencing as username using the @username reference.  Their username was 22 characters long, all in caps, with no spaces or underscored blanks.  The reason why I mention this is because while I am a little salty, I am more surprised that your kick system, while not perfect, made this mistake.

Now I understand that this is a fringe case as not many people have such long usernames and especially not in all caps, but nonetheless, I think your kick program needs to ignore referenced usernames when monitoring for these things. 

Edited by Insizer
Made it more clear that I wasn't just typing the name.

3 hours ago, Insizer said:

So this is an actual issue.  A few minutes ago I was kicked for capslock chatting.  The thing is that I didn't use any caps except when referencing a user's username.  Their username was 22 characters long, all in caps, with no spaces or underscored blanks.  The reason why I mention this is because while I am a little salty, I am more surprised that your kick system, while not perfect, made this mistake.

Now I understand that this is a fringe case as not many people have such long usernames and especially not in all caps, but nonetheless, I think your kick program needs to ignore referenced usernames when monitoring for these things. 

It is still spam though

That's pretty ridiculous, if a player's name can be long enough to be considered spam when typed out, then that player's name is spam, every time they post they would be spamming. If names like that are allowed, they have to allow you to type those names out, one of the two has got to give.

On 9/24/2017 at 8:58 PM, Advilx said:

It is still spam though

It is considered spam by the system, yes.  But I don't consider using the @ username reference (which is what I meant as "referencing") as spam.  What comes after that, sure.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:12 PM, rapt0rman said:

That's pretty ridiculous, if a player's name can be long enough to be considered spam when typed out, then that player's name is spam, every time they post they would be spamming. If names like that are allowed, they have to allow you to type those names out, one of the two has got to give.

I think the issue is that the @ username reference is still counted as part of the message, thus is free game for kickbot's karate.  Whereas posts from them don't count as spam because their username is never considered part of the message.

17 minutes ago, Insizer said:

I think the issue is that the @ username reference is still counted as part of the message, thus is free game for kickbot's karate.  Whereas posts from them don't count as spam because their username is never considered part of the message.

Indeed, it's probably either an oversight or a bug, rather than intentional. What I was saying was mostly in response to Advilx.