Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm starting to believe people intentionally grief sabotage missions

JohnMorte

I just played a game where a player (who was the host) went ahead in a kuva sabotage mission to the reactor, and they proceeded to do everything in the sabotage, until it came to the part to destroy the fuel injectors. They destroyed all of them except one, then disconnected.

Normally, this wouldn't be an issue until you realize that sabotage missions are bugged and the fuel injectors become invulnerable to death upon host migration, thus stalling the mission and forcing everyone to quit.

I see this often enough to where internet issues or game crashes cannot explain it. The only conclusion is that players are intentionally trolling and griefing players who are simply playing the game.

Whoever does this: You aren't funny. You aren't bringing light to any major unknown issues. You just make the game worse to play, and make sabotage missions undesirable to play. Stop it. Get help.

3 minutes ago, INight00 said:

Did you pm check to see if the player was still online when they do this?

no but given the very deliberate nature of what happened as well as the fact that this happens more often than game/internet crashes would explain I can reasonably assert that it was done intentionally.

Well, only advice I can give you is write down their name and take screenshots from the "view recent players" and also screenshots of the fuel injectors not being destroyed by gunfire.  When you see a pattern of the same names repeatedly doing this, then it is definitely intentional and you can report these players showing all this proof to helpdesk. ("Report User or Hack")

The pattern is important, that cannot be ruled out as coincidence anymore.

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy action.

44 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

You cant just assume it was deliberate on the sole grounds that it was annoying and inconvenient.

do you mean to tell me that the host player rushed ahead of the kuva siphon, went to do the sabotage, extracted both coolant cells, reinserted the fuel cell, restarted the reactor, shot out 3/4 of the fuel injectors and then "suddenly and unexpectedly" crashed?