Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is EARTH gonna be ''fixed'' before POA or after ?

TennoPain

On 25/09/2017 at 5:10 AM, Zandermanith222 said:

One of the things DE is adding with the PoE update is the ability to alter Resolution scaling, so you can render the game at under 100% graphical resolution

Will this "fix" Earth's performance on older hardware? I dunno. Hardware varies. But it'll most certainly improve it!

6 hours ago, Ascended1QQ said:

Steve already showcased that you can lower 'Rendering' to majorly increase fps with the cost of graphics. It does really help out toasters. Dw. Source in Steves Twitter. 

You can do that already, simply pick a smaller resolution. However, what the new option does is keep the UI at a higher resolution and then scale everything else, that way you can scale down and still be able to read the text. Not really a performance increase, it's an atomic shelter when the sky is on fire already.

On 28/09/2017 at 1:21 AM, Tricky5hift said:

Sorry for the bump but ya'll might want to see this.

This looks extremely promising.

As someone who rocks a GeForce 940 MX, I can hardly sit still. That's how excited I am.

For people having issues it means nothing really, because we don't have screens from him in other tilesets with the frame rate showing, so there's no comparison to see the improvement.

15 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

A simple option on Grass would probably help with this a lot. Whether is it render distance, render amount or just outright disabling majority of the grass on the ground. Personally, I've always hated grass in games because it affects frame rates significantly for something that is mostly insignificant.

Foliage really is one of the biggest issues, not just Earth, you can happily stay on 60fps and have an Oberon ruin your day. New foliage simply is extremely heavy on the GPU and really should've been a priority to be optimized or changed, plus it also bugs a lot which makes things worse (you can spawn tons of grass in a single place so it appears to be 1 fern only, but since it's many you get massively impacted).

Not only foliage is ridiculously heavy, it's even worse when you are within 10 meters of it, at less than 10 meters it's just... really bad. I PM'ed a video to one of the performance guys, got seen 5 times but got no word about it, so, yeah, nothing further to say there.

They might do some kind of option but Steve said it will be tied to the geometry option, which doesn't sound hopeful. Well, when it comes to foliage it's hard to be hopeful, Earth Remaster was said to run better, meanwhile to run it well you need to be several times the hardware needed to run the game as a whole, and even then you need to be very inconsiderate to say that there's "no problem", which is pretty much why people stop caring about reporting performance issues most of the time, it always ends up in a war (like the corridor in the void that tanked performance, and threads about it always had a bunch going "I have no problem in the void so there's no problem", wow, such help, much consideration).

Our graphical options aren't even that good, they are very limited and usually is just about turning off a couple of things that are only there to look pretty. Some options you put on high or low and barely notice a change, because they barely change anything which kinda of is an issue. Some elements could be toned down and look a bit worse and it would be a fine sacrifice to run it better, but the option we are being given is lower resolutions for everything. Do I really need the vines on earth to be perfectly round if the resolution is lowered and every pixel now is 5 pixels instead and everything looks terrible but the GPU is still being wasted on geometry that has no use for me? hmmm.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

WIndows xp 32 bit user with a core 2 duo @4ghz, amd hd 6850 and ddr2 800mhz ram

As a gamer, i have quite a few games that i play, including Mass effect 2&3, darksiders 2, need for speed hot pursuit, xcom enemy unknown, yes, quite a few good games without microtransactions, something rare these days.

Warframe is a bit different since it keeps getting updated, since i'm on direct x9 (because the game assumes that) performance issues aren't really all that noticiable, usually when something affects performance, it doesn't seem to affect me, for example octavia 3rd ability causing issues.

I play at a confortable framerate, almost 60 (fps counter only goes to 56) but things change when lot's of ai or when complex maps appear, altough i do have the settings cranked a bit high, it's what i feel confortable.

When an area makes my framerate go down, it's usually because the area is complex or has something complex, namely moving water, big and detailed tiles like ceres or in the case of earth, foliage

Earth is by far the most anoying tileset, my game keeps telling i'm with 30 or 40 fps, but the game has micro stutters everywhere, i can tolerate some foliage, but the ammount that appears on screen, combined with ai attacking, makes it a very problematic issue. I do sorties and i do earth but the game keeps reminding me that it's not running smooth and certainly not at 30 fps, it's hard to explain.

I tried overcloking the gpu from 700 mhz to 850 an saw no improvement, as for cpu, the bus is shared for cpu and ram, since i only have a few multipliers to choose from, either i overclock the ram while doing the cpu, or i overclock to 4.5ghz and leave the ram at 400 mhz. 4.5 is quite a substantial bump compared to the original speed of 3.33 and i'm not in the mood to have more heat and/or noise in the system and having no clue if the system will remain stable.

So yes, i'm also waiting for optimizations on foliage, i also feel POE isn't going to be demanding since it's almost a flat land and not a map filled with walls, containers, cranes, rain, pulsating tumors and so on, so it would be a shame if the foliage would compensate for that, it's by far the single most demanding thing and i would like to keep enjoying the game.

Yes updating the system sounds a nice idea, but when such cost is only for playing warframe, you kinda have to weigth the pros and cons, in a way it feels like when i had dual boot with windows 7, i was using windows 7 for 1 or 2 programs and that was it, nright now i don't use them anymore and i returned to xp, since that works everything i need.

Edited by KIREEK