Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jupiter junction is WAAAY to hard

CorruptedSentient

Question

ok WTF is wrong with this junction? that creature named valkyr can take down a rank 30 rhino within seconds. new players cannot even take their time with this because it being time limited. 

by time limited i mean it says the whole "MISSION FAIL IMMINENT - KILL TARGET" and gives you 1 minute to kill her

Edited by CorruptedSentient
  • Like 1

You got to learn how to properly use your Warframe, Sentinels and weapons. Jupiter is most likely going to be your hardest Junction, but the solution is quite simple. On the way to Jupiter Junction, you unlock Rhino, Frost, Mag, Valkyr and Nova (if you did Europa Junction). If will also have either Excalibur or Volt depending on your starting frame. All of those frames have some type of CC to slow down Valkyr or outright shut her down. Excalibur > Blind. Volt > Electric stun. Rhino > Ragdoll with 1 or Air Suspend with 4. Mag > Ragdoll Pull. Frost > Freeze, Slow and Armour Shred with your entire kit. Nova > Slow. Taxon > Artax 100% Cold Proc

Utilizing these abilities as well as semi decent weapons will ensure a victory against the warframe with the largest base armour in the game.

Also what is this about timed junctions? I can't seem to find anything about them being timed in the patchnotes.

• Like 1

I agree. When I started to get back into the game I only had Volt and Frost, Once I reached this junction I struggled so many hours trying to finish this damn junction. Trying new builds over and over, Best build I can reccomend for newcomers to kill the valkyr is to use frost globe with moderate strength but big range. She wont just 1 tap you out of the blue but it'll give you time to try and kill her before you get aimbotted and hooked into a Finisher 1 shot.

Edited by RogueChicken

2 minutes ago, Reconsile said:

You got to learn how to properly use your Warframe, Sentinels and weapons. Jupiter is most likely going to be your hardest Junction, but the solution is quite simple. On the way to Jupiter Junction, you unlock Rhino, Frost, Mag, Valkyr and Nova (if you did Europa Junction). If will also have either Excalibur or Volt depending on your starting frame. All of those frames have some type of CC to slow down Valkyr or outright shut her down. Excalibur > Blind. Volt > Electric stun. Rhino > Ragdoll with 1 or Air Suspend with 4. Mag > Ragdoll Pull. Frost > Freeze, Slow and Armour Shred with your entire kit. Nova > Slow. Taxon > Artax 100% Cold Proc

Utilizing these abilities as well as semi decent weapons will ensure a victory against the warframe with the largest base armour in the game.

Also what is this about timed junctions? I can't seem to find anything about them being timed in the patchnotes.

when you spend a hour on a mission (thats right i am still on it a hour later) it tells you to finish it and gives you 1 minute to finish it.

I'm MR 22 and it threw me for a loop. I tried doing it the "proper" way and got frustrated, so I switched to Ash with Fatal Teleport and Covert Lethality dagger and one-hit her.

That option is not afforded to you, I assume, so uh. Solidarity?

Without a way to kill her outright before she uses her ultimate you're gonna get a headache, and your damage mods can't really be better than mine were. Having some crowd control to stall her out until you can damage her again will help a lot, but it's not going to be easy.

There are many frames that make short work of this challenge. Three of which are starting waframes. If you have Excalibur, I suggest radial blind and melee attacks. This technique can get you through just about every junction with ease. Volt's shock will stun for a short period giving you time to close the gab and bring her into melee range. Mag's Pull will ragdoll her giving you precious seconds to attack at will. Valkyr is a tough frame and if you give her time, she can use Hysteria and become invisible for a short period. 

DE doesn't put things in the game that are too hard, they just mean you haven't learned enough versatility in the game to progress. There is a more subtle art to combat that simply withstanding damage and shooting something. It is for this very reason I steer new players away from Rhino in the beginning. They can become too dependent on Iron Skin getting you through any situation, which clearly it doesn't. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos
  • Like 1

Just now, CorruptedSentient said:

when you spend a hour on a mission (thats right i am still on it a hour later) it tells you to finish it and gives you 1 minute to finish it.

Ah that. Well that isn't really being timed. If it is taking a person an hour just to complete their objective, then that person either needs to really learn the game, or farm more for better gear to be able to complete said missions. 

With that being said, Valkyr junction really shouldn't be taking anyone an hour to do. She can be easily beaten if one has taken the time to learn the basic mechanics of the game. In which, Junctions do a semi decent job of stopping new players for progressing too far above their actual skill level.

• Like 2

Warframe is essnetially a game that gives you tools and then you have to find a way to overcome obstacles.

The best tip i can give you is for you to figure out a way on your own, as doing so will ensire proper player development for the future, telling you how we do/did things will only prolong the problems, possibly dragin them into endgame content, like sorties.

1 hour ago, CorruptedSentient said:

ok WTF is wrong with this junction? that creature named valkyr can take down a rank 30 rhino within seconds. new players cannot even take their time with this because it being time limited. 

by time limited i mean it says the whole "MISSION FAIL IMMINENT - KILL TARGET" and gives you 1 minute to kill her

Just tried this with a rank 30 Rhino Prime. Valkyr could barely damage me - get some energy, use iron skin. Get some more energy, use stomp. I ran with 40% power strength. 

I only used things available to MR2+. Yes, I have maxed mods. It really was no challenge at all.

Edit: takes her more than a minute to kill me. Provided you don't just stand in what spot, it shouldn't be too hard.

Edit2: okay, I do not know what you are doing wrong. I took maxed and unmodded Rhino Prime + Orthos Prime. I won in under 2 minutes. No issues at all. :shocked:

Edited by krc473
Italics text

41 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Mag > Magnetize > High Rate of Fire weapon > ??? > Profit.

Can confirm. 

Equipped Mag and grabbed a random weapon that I knew was available by that point in the game (Miter, from the Ceres Assassinate Mission at Exta) & removed all mods. 

Result:

Spoiler

p7dUSbP.jpg

Weapon now stowed on back because Valkyr Specter defeated.

Simply cast Magnetize and keep firing.  Watch for the timer on Magnetize and be ready to cast again as soon as it drops (you can cast it while firing full-auto weapons or charging a charge weapon or reloading, without interruption).

Just now, Katinka said:

Can confirm. 

Equipped Mag and grabbed a random weapon that I knew was available by that point in the game (Miter, from the Ceres Assassinate Mission at Exta) & removed all mods. 

Result:

Hide contents

p7dUSbP.jpg

Weapon now stowed on back because Valkyr Specter defeated.

Simply cast Magnetize and keep firing.  Watch for the timer on Magnetize and be ready to cast again as soon as it drops (you can cast it while firing full-auto weapons or charging a charge weapon or reloading, without interruption).

Brb, grabbing Mag and Braton.

1 hour ago, CorruptedSentient said:

OP, can you explain how you are trying to do this fight? What are you using? What is your method?

When I faced her for the first time, I either oneshot her in the head with my Dread (maybe more than one shot from behind a pillar) or just used Excalibur's Blind, ran to her back and used a finisher with my good ol' Glaive (if they survived, I'd just shoot them in the head with a Lex), like I did with most of the junctions.

Try using stomp and going for headshots with high-damage weapons. Junction battles aren't supposed to be hard, unless you're doing something very wrong.

I found it tough too, but you just need good CC.. I used Hydroid, and when she(?) went into a rage mode (looked so much like ant man with that outfit, and some damage immunity stuff going on?) avoided her and just kept jumping around... Summoned tentacles that finished her off wile I just ran around... It was easier that way...

13 hours ago, Reconsile said:

On the way to Jupiter Junction, you unlock Rhino, Frost, Mag, Valkyr and Nova (if you did Europa Junction).

I believe the Jupiter junction is the junction that one needs to unlock the planet Jupiter (it's on Ceres).  The Europa junction is on Jupiter, so I don't think it's possible to have Nova for this fight as a new player.

As stated before, each warframe has one ability to either hinder or one-shot the specter. I chose Excalibur at my account's creation, so I throw down a power pizza, then use radial blind for the kill.

Still, your gear should also be modded for the task. Radiation (heat & electricity) is the big bad elemental stat of the game. If you can't mod it, just use toxin mods. 

I should also point out, that Valkyr is a melee frame. Using a fast melee weapon to block and counter her attacks, would be a step in the right direction... or just snipe her. Any player with a steady aim, can one shot most mobs (excluding bosses).