Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The revive system is pretty bad

TheAscendedOne

I do like the idea of picking up your incapped teammate and carrying them, though if you both are only using your pistol and a heavy appears you both are in some serious trouble.

You could just drop your teammate in that situation to switch to your primary, think of it more like carrying a datapad around with you.

https://forums.warfr..._+revive +timer

^^^the following is from DESteves post^^^

"How do revives work? (I die before coop revive happens, unfair!)

Each Warframe has 4 revives. Every day, each Warframe you own refills automatically, for free. You can use this revive to cheat death in any solo or coop mission. If you are downed in coop, you go into a downed state. This gives other players a 25 second window to save you, without using a revive. Keep this in mind: the enemies will ignore you when you're downed but if you attack them from this state, they will reengage with you... if they damage you in this state your 25 second timer will erode faster. Make sure it is worth the risk. Did you run out of revives? You can refill your revives for a small amount of Platinum in the Arsenal screen, switch to a different Warframe, risk it and stay close to your buddies or wait for the daily refill."

I do think it would be cool if you could carry your teammates on your back maybe even have a health statioin that you can take them to that brings them back even after the timer runs out?

Edited by CamoPsycho

I do think it would be cool if you could carry your teammates on your back maybe even have a health station that you can take them to that brings them back even after the timer runs out?

That sounds like a good idea, it could be right where we start like a checkpoint mark, and the agonising long run back to where we started can be very encouraging to buy more revives lol, a win-win situation.

Eh, I've yet to run out of revives. If one of my frames gets too low, I will just switch to another. Sometimes, your teammate can't get to you in order to revive you, and sometimes it can be hard to find your downed teammate. So I dont think it's always ill-will that someone doesnt' revive you. In my experience, most teams are pretty good about doing that for you. I do wish the game gave you some affinity or something for reviving a teammate, but most people are kind enough to do that.

Personally, I can't find it in me to worry that much about my stats. If a loss gets put on my stats, then a loss gets put on my stats.

So overall, I'm not having a huge issue with the revive system.

Eh, I've yet to run out of revives. If one of my frames gets too low, I will just switch to another. Sometimes, your teammate can't get to you in order to revive you, and sometimes it can be hard to find your downed teammate. So I dont think it's always ill-will that someone doesnt' revive you. In my experience, most teams are pretty good about doing that for you. I do wish the game gave you some affinity or something for reviving a teammate, but most people are kind enough to do that.

Personally, I can't find it in me to worry that much about my stats. If a loss gets put on my stats, then a loss gets put on my stats.

So overall, I'm not having a huge issue with the revive system.

You get 50 affinity for revivals. It should be a bit higher imo , like 150.

I can't see a situation where i'd ever spend plat on the revives. Maybe that's good but it does seem somewhat pointless. I'd consider spending a fixed amount of plat to permenantly up the number of revives a warframe had per day but I wouldn't refill it as well... I can just play different warframe or heaven forbid... log off for the day!

+1 to carrying teammates. Acrobatics while carrying would need some work though...

lol some restrictions and maybe even a Rhino-ish speed is in order maybe. I'm just curious how it'd look like with Mag carrying Rhino or Frost. Probably not too ridiculous but still a funky thought :P

I believe the speed of the revive timer changes, based on multiple variables. What those variables are, a Dev needs to clarify.

Currently, if you die by an explosion (grenade, explosive barrel or Bombard rocket) or Laser doors (anything with high damage) your revive timer will run out much quicker. Once in bleedout, if you are lying in fire or a room which has a hull breach (or anything else doing damage over time) the timer will also run out faster.

Laser door damage is very inconsistent, as well as its knockback. At times it will only sap my shields, others it will kill me straight out of the gate. Sometimes I will get caught in the beam twice because of a messy collision mesh and not being pushed back.

This indirectly adds to the revive problem, not to mention its terrible for solo players.

This indirectly adds to the revive problem, not to mention its terrible for solo players.

It's actually worse when you're playing in a PUG with people who rush through and ignore cameras as long as they're able to, to the point of going through the gates with their skills just to not help you pass by not destroying a single camera right above them. Over, and over. Suddenly a laser gate in your face when you least expect it :|

Sorry for going off-topic, had to vent just a bit.

Edited by CapricaSix

Although what if we wouldn't actually die once we run out of revives but become permanently "incapacitated", allowing a willing teammate to switch to their secondary and carry us around on their shoulder so we don't miss out on the mods and blueprints, huzzah for teamwork and coopness! :P ..yeah.. well... maybe not. lol

I like that idea, think it'd be cool.

Edited by G4Eagle

Laser door damage is very inconsistent, as well as its knockback. At times it will only sap my shields, others it will kill me straight out of the gate. Sometimes I will get caught in the beam twice because of a messy collision mesh and not being pushed back.

Yea, the Laser doors do have their quirks at times (like getting stuck in them). Their damage is calculated based off of each beam collided with, rather than as a solid wall, meaning that if you sprint directly into them you are more likely to hit more of the beams and take more damage + knockback than if you were to roll or slide into them. Hopefully that clears some things up :)