Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit is infuriating

WubbaLubbaDub

5 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i have no idea why everyone hates this quest so much

Because it is a coin flipping contest.

Strip away all the detritus obscuring it and the margin round isn't based on skill, it isn't based on tactics or planning, it is based on barefaced, BS luck; luck that in the very last moment of any of the three rounds the CPU doesn't score a single goal, doesn't kill your CPU teammate and rush the goal, that all four enemy opponents don't rush past you to the goal, that none of the countless ways that you can be screwed over with no recourse happen, because the only actual recourse (having a higher score) is arbitrarily restricted.

Pay 160,000 credits to thread the needle three times, praying that the opponent doesn't get lucky once.

It should be perfectly self-evident why putting up a a few hours worth of Credits in order to participate in what is essentially a 10 minute, mandatory dice rolling contest standing between you and content is frustrating beyond the ability to coherently provide feedback. 

1 hour ago, MintChocolate902 said:

Because it is a coin flipping contest.

Strip away all the detritus obscuring it and the margin round isn't based on skill, it isn't based on tactics or planning, it is based on barefaced, BS luck; luck that in the very last moment of any of the three rounds the CPU doesn't score a single goal, doesn't kill your CPU teammate and rush the goal, that all four enemy opponents don't rush past you to the goal, that none of the countless ways that you can be screwed over with no recourse happen, because the only actual recourse (having a higher score) is arbitrarily restricted.

Pay 160,000 credits to thread the needle three times, praying that the opponent doesn't get lucky once.

It should be perfectly self-evident why putting up a a few hours worth of Credits in order to participate in what is essentially a 10 minute, mandatory dice rolling contest standing between you and content is frustrating beyond the ability to coherently provide feedback. 

maybe it was just a fluke, but i found that because it was so easy to absolutely smash the enemy in a small amount of time, it was better to sit about 4 or 5 points behind them the whole way and just deposit a bunch just before the end. This way, if any of your incompetent specter team-mates get lucky and score a decent wad, you are less likely to go over the 10 point margin

9 hours ago, JalakBali said:

A second look..... at what? If you made some pancakes and your guest just said they don't like it and say nothing else, how are you supposed to improve it?

Improvement of the games is the devs job. If the devs need constant advice from fans on what to do next, then the game needs new devs.

I'm sure DE know what a good, balanced, fun and engaging game looks like. I am equally sure they lack the creative freedom to make one.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Improvement of the games is the devs job. If the devs need constant advice from fans on what to do next, then the game needs new devs.

I'm sure DE know what a good, balanced, fun and engaging game looks like. I am equally sure they lack the creative freedom to make one.

To them, sure. To you? How are they supposed to know the taste and preferences of they people who flocked to their game? The vision of how Warframe is player was originally much different than what we got today. DE is succeeding in building this game's player base because they try to cater to their playerbase's tastes. Yes, improvement of the game is the dev;s job. But it's not their job to mind read their playerbase because that is literally impossible. Just like my cooking metaphor, how do you improve your dish to better suit the person eating it if they don't say what they want or what is wrong with it.

Also, if you look at other games, games whose devs are adamant that they know what is best for the game and how the game should be played and players must play as they envisioned or they should leave, those games usually failed or got the developers replaced. Games with developers who actually asked their players what they want and try to implement that is actually very, very rare.

• 1 month later...

I think the first part of the quest was great, you know, when you actually met the Myconians and defended them. That part breathed new life into Warframe for me, there were people (NPCs) actual PEOPLE! (NPCs!) that we weren't trying to kill but save! You could hear the dialouge and really got a feel for the uniqueness of it all and how important someone like Neewa actually was to the colony, why without her for the first (30?) space minutes they were nearly consumed, but the colony was so wonderful and diverse it made me want to cry from excitement. Too bad the rest of the quest wasn't like that, but if you need a frame that can cheese it get enough energy than use Mesa's 2, 3 and 4, I enjoyed the dialogue, but only because I knew it was for Neewaaaaaaaa.... i still miss her so much ;=;

• 2 months later...

The 10pt margin portion of this quest is horrible.  The random huge amount of credits on random npc's and the fact that you can win twice in a row but fail the ENTIRE mission if you get cheesed on the third round is nonsensical. There are better ways to implement a credit sink than to fleece people who are trying to complete quest content.  

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for necroing this post once more, but i just need to vent some frustration after losing about 500k credits just to finish this quest.

So when i just started this quest i didn't fully knew what the index was, i played it like once before and even then that time i was carried by a team of higher rank players, so when i did the first match of the index in this quest, i lost in the first round after not being able to fully understand how to play that mode, i didn't get angry because i should've checked a guide when the game told me that if i lose i would also lose my credits, still, a tutorial or a practice round before sending you there would've been nice, or even better, make the first match free.

So, after that i learned how to play and won every match right until the 10pt margin match, in which i tied and lost my credits because a tie is the same as a lost, so after farming enough credits i came back and played another match were i lost because i went over the margin, funny thing that if you win that match and you're over the margin you still lose the match and your credits, after that i lost another match after playing with gara and being shoved over a clift after being hit by an explosion, which made me die and my barrier disappear and when i came back an enemy scored 32 points at once.

by the end i was so tired and angry because of all the time i wasted farming credits and then losing them all at once, that i couldn't enjoy the rest of the quest, which to be honest is quite great, that moral choice at the end is perfectly placed and i ended up really thinking what choice should i pick.

This quest could be easily fixed, it just need a few changes like:

• Make the first index match free or have a practice round
  • Make the next matches cost 20k -> 40k -> 60k - 80k so it doesn't hurt so much if you lose
  • Make it so you only need to win 2 out of the 3 rounds of a match (so if you lose one round you don't immediately lose your cash)
  • If you invite someone that person doesn't need to pay credits to join you (that person won't recibe rewards other than mods)

and there, it's fine.

Edited by Andre_C4

This is the only quest I haven't completed. It's just broken. You can corral the bots, but you have to be incredibly careful not to end up carrying a game ending amount of points. You can't even kill yourself because a bot from either team getting those points will end your game.

What has the Index got to do with Nidus? He's not even a good frame for the mode - by the time he's got a few mutation stacks the match is over.

This quest should stick to the colony defence of the first mission and have an infested boss.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

• 5 weeks later...

Today I decided to do Glasts Gambit.  Here are the results.

1.3 hours after starting this quest, Im am out 1 million+ credits. All wasted on part 4 of Glasts Gambit.

2.I am out of swear words, despite knowing 3 languages besides english.

3. I would like to strangle Nef Anyo with barbed wire dipped in acid and mount his head on wall in my Orbiter as trophy. 

4. I have finally managed to complete this quest and obtain Nidus blueprint, after convincing random  Russian to help with fourth round where I have to keep blatantly cheating AI enemies from rushing my base with 20+ points while not having more than 10 point difference. 

5.I am now EXTREMELY reluctant to try obtaining other Nidus parts. 

This quest is BAD. Worse than that time when I did Sacrifice quest and spent several hours trying to beat Umbra with my lvl1 Operator. Part 4 reaaly needs to be made easier, cheating enemy AI needs to be fixed and credit costs should be reduced.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasted a good 3 hours trying, failing, re-doing my set up. Then it hit me, if they're cheap, you be cheapest.

Khora works the best. her barrier is really good for blocking. High magnetic status on evrything. Amprex, twin grakatas, and a fast pole arm. As soon as the match starts head for energy, and score some points. Jump on top of the opponent's goal, and set a barrier up. Play goalie and kill evrything that moves into that spot. Keep getting energy, and recasting that barrier. Your bot team will stick arround and bullet sponge for you. 

It's cheap sure, but you can get right through the 10 point round. Aaaand farm gold level endurance. 😁

Gara works good too, although strangledome doesn't last very long.

• 2 weeks later...

3 out of 3 round. My point: 9, enemy:1 

me:I got this

AI: oh I think I should deposit 4 points when is only 2 second until the end ;) 

me: wait what...

Nef Anyo: RINGER.

As least give me my money back you motherf$&$@&, I still win. The heck is this quest? We are all freaking space ninja and we have to do this ???? Why can’t we just murder Nef and save everyone???

What a crap. I farmed Nidus parts before doing the quest and it's much easier to get the parts than this damn blueprint.

Now I'm out of credits and have to farm for my next try with this 10pt margin match insanity.

There should definitly be some mechanic that reduces the credit cost with every try, to compensate the frustration.

Edited by MATZE

• 5 weeks later...

I know I'm late, sorry about that, but cannot ignore this bs either.

Sorry for the language, I love this game a lot, but honestly, the last battle of this quest is one of the sh***est pieces of content I ever saw in online video games. 

Unintuitive objectives plus cheating AI - is already enough,  but dumb ally bots, absurd credit cost, overall tedious repetitiveness... Holy f*** are you guys seriously put this in the game?

It's need to be fixed, any change, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back after two years away from Warframe, been playing since before the initial founders primes. Was enjoying discovering all the new content and things, then I hit Glast Gambit and 10 point margin. I have lost so much money to attempts that are always doomed to failure. My very first I got Round 1 Win, Round 2 Win, Round 3 Draw - Auto Fail. Then every attempt since has just been get a solid lead within the margin and wait at goal, no enemies get near it, then mysteriously in the last 10 seconds the other team score +10 points. Honestly I can't take this anymore. Remove the credits or remove the point margin. I would honestly rather set fire to the colony than play anymore at this point.

Please please take away the credit cost, or give us a way to buy out Anyo or Avoid this part of the quest altogether please. It is more frustrating than getting host migration failure and losing mission rewards, because at least you are just losing what you just made, not existing stuff you already had.