The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

P.Hydroid Prime

genr8k

Question

I mainly us my Hydroid for pilfering swam farming.

Here is my current build.

JujdYuG.jpg

I haven't had any problems with it so far.  i did a 40 min, Orokin Derelict survival mission with only a Nova, and nekros and didn't have any problems with energy.

Here is my question

should I change the aura polarity so i could use Growing Power?

Other ideas or builds are welcome.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Why are you running with base range on a pilfering build? You hiding in a room and farming? If not I would up the range and ditch energy conversion. You are spamming abilities with pilfering build so the benefit of energy conversion is reduced significantly. 

You don't really need all the extra range. It also lowers your damage output. 

I run a multi-purpose setup with Pilfering Swarm as my main source of energy...but it works great for farming too if you just position yourself well: 

133 duration, 130 efficiency, 100 range, 160 strength

Build

Energy Siphon, Power Drift

Prime Continuity, Vitality, Streamline, Transient Fortitude (r8), (Primed) Flow, Curative Undertow, Corroding Barrage, Pilfering Swarm

I like the extra duration/efficiency because I liberally spam my 1 all over the place to help mates with armor stripping...and that way I don't have any energy issues at all. In the process of formaing it to fit Primed Flow.

Imo corrosive barrage is a must...it strips armor so reliably and makes enemies so much weaker and easier to deal with. Speeds up killing a lot. 

I got Hydroid expecting a boring frame where you sit in the puddle all the time...but I spend maybe a third of my time in the puddle, the rest of the time I'm highly mobile spamming my 1 all over the place and hitting enemies with my 2 to group them up.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

15 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Why are you running with base range on a pilfering build? You hiding in a room and farming? If not I would up the range and ditch energy conversion. You are spamming abilities with pilfering build so the benefit of energy conversion is reduced significantly. 

I use Hydroid is for farming, so most of the time we are in a single spot.  Im looking into a more multi purpose build, but i enjoy playing other frames so it might be a while.  Plus as @(PS4)Radehx mentioned it reduces the damage output.

I haven't had any problems activating energy conversion with a nekros near.  I almost instantly pick up energy as soon as I cast.  The only time this doesn't work is when there is a Trinity that spams Energy Vampire, so i can't pick up energy orbs.  

14 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

I run a multi-purpose setup with Pilfering Swarm as my main source of energy...but it works great for farming too if you just position yourself well: 

133 duration, 130 efficiency, 100 range, 160 strength

Build

Energy Siphon, Power Drift

Prime Continuity, Vitality, Streamline, Transient Fortitude (r8), (Primed) Flow, Curative Undertow, Corroding Barrage, Pilfering Swarm

I like the extra duration/efficiency because I liberally spam my 1 all over the place to help mates with armor stripping...and that way I don't have any energy issues at all. In the process of formaing it to fit Primed Flow.

Imo corrosive barrage is a must...it strips armor so reliably and makes enemies so much weaker and easier to deal with. Speeds up killing a lot. 

I got Hydroid expecting a boring frame where you sit in the puddle all the time...but I spend maybe a third of my time in the puddle, the rest of the time I'm highly mobile spamming my 1 all over the place and hitting enemies with my 2 to group them up.

Thank you,  I will try the build.  Ive been looking for a good all around build.  I looked at his abilities and it looks like DE made some good improvements.

Im still wondering if Growing power is worth the change in aura polarity.  

1 hour ago, shiro.OoKami said:

Im still wondering if Growing power is worth the change in aura polarity.  

Personally I prefer Energy Siphon. In rare cases you end up with zero energy and at least with energy siphon, you can hop around and dodge for a couple of seconds before having enough energy again to drop the Kraken and get Pilfering Swarm rolling again.

I don't feel "underpowered" with 165 strength and never really felt like needing more. Haven't done any 3hrs+ runs though.