Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Arsenal

(PSN)SerTermiseus

"Developed by an unknown Corpus scientist, using the research of Alad V's Zanuka Project. Arsenal was built with the intention of manufacturing Warframes for the Corpus army, however, the only built prototype was stolen by a group of brave Tenno, available now for your use. Don't underestimate it, while a prototype, it's firepower is a force to be reckoned with, Tenno."

Name: Arsenal 

Style: Warfare, one man army, a machine built to kill.

Size: Large

Speed: Below average

Agility: Below average

Passive: Arsenal power augmentation heat systems (displays a heat meter on screen similar to Nidus's stacks).

When using Arsenal abilities, your heat meter fills up, the more heat generated, the more effective your powers become. Careful not to overheat the systems though, as it will lead to a 30 second lockdown on all Arsenal powers.

Power 1: Energy blasters 

Located in Arsenal's Palms are blasters capable of dispensing long range energy beams causing heavy damage to an enemy's shield and armor [Single target insta-cast precision required]

Low energy cost, provides 10% heat.

Power 2: Bombardment

Using shoulder mounted artillery, Arsenal launches 2 energy grenades which explode upon impact causing damage to any enemies nearby [AOE damage, short casting time]

Moderate energy cost, provides 15% heat

Power 3: Exhaust 

Relocating all energy sources to Arsenal's exhaust systems, decreases the amount of Heat you have generated so far [Casts on self, no effect on friendlies or enemies]

Drains energy while decreasing the heat generated so far (10 Energy = 5% heat)

Power 4: Last stand 

Deploy all of Arsenal's Armaments, causing chaos and havoc to your surroundings and damaging any enemies standing near you [AOE damage, short casting time]

High energy cost, provides 30% heat.

So that's kind of my rough idea for a Warframe (my first ever).

Ever since i started playing the game, and i got into the story, i always wondered what would a Manufactured Warframe (Sort of like... a "fake" warframe) look like.

And this is my idea, ignore the numbers those are just the ones that popped into my head, but hopefully they help give you an idea.

I don't expect to see this or anything like it in the game any time soon, so i just wrote this for fun, and to see what other people think.

Edited by (PS4)SerTermiseus

20 minutes ago, MysticalOctopus said:

I actually really like this concept! the only thing is that unless I'm mistaken, the only way to lose heat is through exhaust, which means that if you use your abilities enough times at lower levels, it locks you out of using your abilities for the rest of the level. Maybe have yourself lose heat over time

Yeah... that actually completely blew past me, losing heat over time would make sense though.

Perhaps a bigger energy/heat ratio for the "Exhaust" ability, while you lose a low amount of heat over time when not using any powers, and the longer you don't use them, the faster you lose heat.

Either way, thank you for the positive feedback!

18 minutes ago, Lholland said:

Name might be a little confusing, seeing as you would then equip arsenal in the arsenal, but I really like the concept.

That actually occurred to me just as i finished writing this topic, i was reading through it and i thought "Arsenal... oh wait... crap". But i thought at the time that it was the most fitting name for this warframe's nature.

Is this ironman?

On 9/26/2017 at 9:10 AM, (PS4)SerTermiseus said:

Passive: Arsenal power augmentation heat systems (displays a heat meter on screen similar to Nidus's stacks).

When using Arsenal abilities, your heat meter fills up, the more heat generated, the more effective your powers become. Careful not to overheat the systems though, as it will lead to a 30 second lockdown on all Arsenal powers.

Ok, I see no issue here. Added passive though, ammo mutation.

Power 1: Energy blasters 

Located in Arsenal's Palms are blasters capable of dispensing long range energy beams causing heavy damage to an enemy's shield and armor [Single target insta-cast precision required]

Low energy cost, provides 10% heat.

I like this idea, but good against grineer, meh on corpus. 

Power 2: Bombardment

Using shoulder mounted artillery, Arsenal launches 2 energy grenades which explode upon impact causing damage to any enemies nearby [AOE damage, short casting time]

Moderate energy cost, provides 15% heat

Impact on the ground? Grenades as in Tonkor/Penta bouncing around? The lack of control might make it annoying, and nothing in his kit shows that he would be great fighting at close range.

Power 3: Exhaust 

Relocating all energy sources to Arsenal's exhaust systems, decreases the amount of Heat you have generated so far [Casts on self, no effect on friendlies or enemies]

Drains energy while decreasing the heat generated so far (10 Energy = 5% heat)

Ok, now let's add something to his kit that would add to his capabilities to fight at close range. while active any enemies that comes near you will get a heat proc (minimal damage but causes panic). 

Power 4: Last stand 

Deploy all of Arsenal's Armaments, causing chaos and havoc to your surroundings and damaging any enemies standing near you [AOE damage, short casting time]

High energy cost, provides 30% heat.

This idea has potential. However, more information is need. Like projectile count, damage, AoE and those kind of things. Damage isnt everything in warframe though so make sure it has a bit of utility. 

So that's kind of my rough idea for a Warframe (my first ever).

Ever since i started playing the game, and i got into the story, i always wondered what would a Manufactured Warframe (Sort of like... a "fake" warframe) look like.

And this is my idea, ignore the numbers those are just the ones that popped into my head, but hopefully they help give you an idea.

I don't expect to see this or anything like it in the game any time soon, so i just wrote this for fun, and to see what other people think.

Good start. I hope you can improve upon the concept.