Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steam Pricing Error for Hydroid Prime Access

aidan890

Hey Steam Tenno,

Just going to drop this quick PSA here regarding some Steam pricing irregularities for the Hydroid Prime Access Tentacle Swarm Bundle. As some of you may have realized, Hydroid Prime Access was temporarily listed at a price much lower than the usual listed price of other Prime Access Bundles. This was the result of a pricing error and was not an intended discount.

We are working with Valve to correct the pricing mishap. We're not quite sure yet what caused it to be honest, but we're working away on resolving. It should be resolved very shortly! 

If you or someone you know purchased the items at the unintended prices, we are still evaluating the depth of the issue. Check back in this thread for further comment today on our plans for those purchases! 

Please do not worry about account bans/restrictions, these will not occur!

[DE]Aidan

EDIT: This price issue occurred due to circumstances beyond our control. We will not be acting to remove any items at this time - buy a lottery ticket today

• Like 4

Well, insert obvious "please dont ban me" comment here. Depending on the scale of the issue it might be warranted to make that plat untradeable. Everything else (Boosters, Cosmetics etc) is account-bound anyway.

To be honest, i can say with 100$ certainty i would not have bought this pack if it wasnt for this error, as i prefer waiting for 75% off tokens and saving my 50€ bank notes for that occassional occurence rather than buying lower valued boosters directly, even if it comes with some great skins.

Sooo please be merciful in your approach. That bundle is worth a third of my monthly salary, so if you charge me the rest of the price after the fact im going to end up eating cardboard sandwiches for the rest of the month xD

Edited by Jukantos
Apparently, when worried for my 4000 hour account, i forget "how to grammar". Who would've thought!

Just now, Jukantos said:

Well, insert obvious "please dont ban me" comment here. Depending on the scale of the issue it might be warranted to make that plat untradeable. Everything else (Boosters, Cosmetics etc) are account-bound anyway.

To be honest, i can say with 100$ certainty i would not have bought this pack if it wasnt for this error, as i prefer waiting for 75% off tokens and saving my 50€ bank notes for that occassional occurence rather than buying lower valued boosters directly, even if it comes with some great skins.

Sooo please be merciful in your approach. That bundle is worth a third of my monthly salary, so if you charge me the rest of the price after the fact im going to end up eating cardboard sandwiches for the rest of the month xD

Basically it is not customer's fault if the pricing in Steam Store page is incorrect. So DE has to decide how to deal with Valve's mistake.

Not a lawyer, but I seem to recall some eu consumer law that protects the buyer in situations like this, if they remove the purchase and you're in the eu, I suggest asking an actual lawyer about it.

Edited by Crimor

1 minute ago, Corial said:

Basically it is not customer's fault if the pricing in Steam Store page is incorrect. So DE has to decide how to deal with Valve's mistake.

depends. If they actually got the full money for each bundle out of valve... well that's probably pocket money to sniff at for valve AND they can write it off on their taxes. Question is, is DE only affected from a game economy balancing point or were they actually hurt financially by this? And obviously the major question of the scale. I think 250 bundles going out is quite something different than 25000

Just now, Crimor said:

Not a lawyer, but I seem to recall some eu law that protects the buyer in situations like this, if they remove the purchase and you're in the eu, I suggest asking an actual lawyer about it.

you are technically correct, BUT the law grants merchants the right to revoke purchases if the pricing was an OBVIOUS error (which it was in this case) and they withdraw it within the warranty time frame. In this case though, since the warranty time frame is ZERO SECONDS due to you explicitely waiving it for "the immediate access to your digital goods" on steam... well things could be a LOT more complicated

Edited by Jukantos

I bought it out of curiosity to see if it works. Regarding the EU Laws, from what I recall, yes, we are protected if we already payed for it. Since it is not the customer's fault that the price was wrong, if you already paid for it, you get to keep the item if the prices increases. 

Just now, Dradonhunter11 said:

Well, my friends spent the plat of it already. Is he #*($%%@?

he shouldnt be, not if the recall on the plat is issued by DE instead of another player. They cant possibly ban their customers over their own mistakes without causing enormous backlash, that just wouldn't be worth it

6 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Well, insert obvious "please dont ban me" comment here. Depending on the scale of the issue it might be warranted to make that plat untradeable. Everything else (Boosters, Cosmetics etc) is account-bound anyway.

They can't you the rest of that package it would be against the law if anything they would just refund your purchase 

11 minutes ago, Dradonhunter11 said:

Well, my friends spent the plat of it already. Is he in trouble?

@[DE]Aidan will he get ban for valve mistake?

Just want to reassure everyone here that there will of course be no bans issued for any legitimate (as in a fraudulent purchase will still be subject to restrictions, as always) purchase of the bundle. Your accounts are safe

• Like 2