Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game randomly makes computer crash/restart

Brorelia

This has been going on a for several months and only happens on my newer system.

1800X Ryzen
Crosshair VI
Nvidia 1080
16GB 3200 Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Intel 540s Series M.2 2280 480GB

My old system does not have this issue.
i7 4790K
Maximus VII
16GB 1333 G.skill DDR3
Nvidia 970
Sandisk 240GB Sata SSD

I have tried everything I can find from verifying and optimizing in the game login, updating/rolling back the Nvidia drivers, to even completely reinstalling the OS

Game graphics quality seems to have no impact be it min or max on this happening.

No other programs I have found are making the system do this. This includes programs that are more demanding from the RAM,CPU and GPU.

I can most commonly recreate this crash in JV during the part where you keep the 3 injectors filled but it is not a consistent crash every time. There is a FPS drop in this part as well but that happens on both systems.

Is there some kind of file that would be kept in a situation like this that might be of use for finding the cause?

Memory usage does reach about 2GB for warframe before this crash happens. This is the amount shown being used by task manager. In game it usually shows around 600 to 1200 next to the frame rate. This is the same for both systems do I don't think a memory leak is the issue.

Is there any known issues with warframe running on a ryzen system that I am unaware of?

Edited by Brorelia

A Ryzen CPU should run just the same as any other CPU. If you happen to have this crash happen again get your EE log and make a support ticket at wf support. They should be able to take a look at that and find out what may be causing the error.

Here's how you can find the EE log;

EE.log file: This file can be found in the following folders according to your operating system:

•  For Windows Vista and above:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

•  For Windows XP:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe

Open a support ticket and hopefully, they can get back to you in a timely manner.

Here's the link for the support page if you don't know what it is digitalextremes.zendesk.com

Good luck

Edited by Zenviscerator
gl

The DDU thing you posted in another thread seems to have actually done the trick since i have been playing consistently for the past 5 hours and no crash.

I might not have been completely removing the drivers in previous efforts to roll back Nvidia drivers but here is for hoping for the best.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:40 AM, Brorelia said:

The DDU thing you posted in another thread seems to have actually done the trick since i have been playing consistently for the past 5 hours and no crash.

I might not have been completely removing the drivers in previous efforts to roll back Nvidia drivers but here is for hoping for the best.

Well, glad it worked for you! Going and installing driver over driver really messes up a lot of things on your system. Whenever Nvidia releases a new driver version download the standalone driver package from the GeForce website and use DDU to make sure there are no problems.

Good night, I have this problem exactly, I can play at least 2h to 5h and the pc takes shutdown, I removed the CPU overclock, and I retested and it happened again, I'll try to use the DDU to see if the situation is resolved , my only problem is that this situation only happens in the warframe