The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowglobe On Infestation Defense Maps..

MackDaddyNinja

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I think that it's a terrible idea to use snowglobe on higher lvl infestation maps when toxic ancients get beefier because if they actually get inside the globe you can't take them down unless you go inside the globe, within the range of the poison. I'm not understanding why people do it. If there's some great thing about snowglobing poison ancients, please enlighten me. I'll humbly accept the truth if I'm wrong but it's pissing me off lolol

I think you are right. Mostly its just hard for us frost players to accept that we cant use our favorite skill against infested :)

More useful would be to freeze a few ancients to buy the group dps time.. with normal freeze that is supa cheap.

AGREED. It's a bloody hindrance especially when you have the ogris. Hey let's globe the f*cking pod when there are 100 toxic ancients inside it, all we have to do is go inside it and then...oh S#&$ I'm downed...get it ppl who use frost and globe the pod on infestation missions, don't f*cking do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Snowglobe also apply a massive slow to those inside the radius?

It would be a smimple matter to just use AoE skills, or even just stand on the other side of the circle (It gets pretty big from what I've seen) and smash them before they get a chance to approach the pod or any team members.

In Infestation's case, Snowglobe might not be the best Defense mission skill (So far as I know, that spot belongs to Bastille) but I wouldn't call it useless.

Edited by Atheau

I will defend (kind of it drives me freakin nuts) use of it up to the point where toxics arrive. I see it used most often either by idiots (majority) or frosts who are melee centric, and at least that makes sense, up to a point. 

Snowglobe for infested in generally I find to be extremely annoying and counter productive. If you are anywhere other than 5 feet from the pod you can't protect it at all. If you are right on top of the pod that means everything is going to be able to take a swipe at it. If you kill an ancient in there the poison is going to do some serious damage.

I don't really see any use for using it in infested defense at all. Maybe if you use it at a choke point or to just hold off part of a wave until you kill others but even then I just don't see why people use it at all. Imo it only hurts the survivability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I think that it's a terrible idea to use snowglobe on higher lvl infestation maps when toxic ancients get beefier because if they actually get inside the globe you can't take them down unless you go inside the globe, within the range of the poison. I'm not understanding why people do it. If there's some great thing about snowglobing poison ancients, please enlighten me. I'll humbly accept the truth if I'm wrong but it's &!$$ing me off lolol

dealwithit.gif

If you're running outside of the globed area around the pod killing stuff, then you're supposed to get in the globed area.

Unless the Frost is running around and globing at wrong places.

Edited by Mir.

The point is, if you're doing an infested defense map, don't use snow globe, EVER!!!  Infact, I would much rather a player playing Frost on infested defense map wait until I collect enemies in my bastille and then right when the enemies begin to run in when my bastille drops to use their avalanche ultimate.  That way, not only do they do massive damage to lots of enemies, but they also freeze the surviving infested giving me time to throw down another bastille.

Players with Frost on Infested defense just don´t have Vauban.

O RLY?

I have Frost and I brought him to Xini. Within 5 seconds of the wave starting, he failed...

I have Vauban and I brought him to Xini. I completely Solo'd 5 waves...

So, I know you're saying that Frost is a S#&$ty compromise for Vauban, but you worded it like that. I am a Frost user who has Vauban.

O RLY?

I have Frost and I brought him to Xini. Within 5 seconds of the wave starting, he failed...

I have Vauban and I brought him to Xini. I completely Solo'd 5 waves...

So, I know you're saying that Frost is a S#&$ty compromise for Vauban, but you worded it like that. I am a Frost user who has Vauban.

Yeah,something like that.

But I´m little confused,what you wanna say about failing with Frost...

There are a few times you can use globe in xini:

-On the pod till toxics arrive

-Deep in spawns to slow hoards if the team lacks damage, thus buying you time to clear things. This way you slow things, without gimping the ability to shoot them.

You do not bring Frost to the Infested defense missions.....

Some people just like Frost. They are gonna play their favorites, deal with it.

It's just annoying at lower levels, and become a true mission killer later on.

Some people just like Frost. They are gonna play their favorites, deal with it.

Of course, but i prefer any Warframe with a smart player behind over the typical "press 3" Frosts. (And there are a fckin lot of it!)

Playing as a Frost is no excuse for acting like a fool. And even after explaining it to them, a good 1/3 refuse to change their behaviour.

There are a few times you can use globe in xini:

-On the pod till toxics arrive

-Deep in spawns to slow hoards if the team lacks damage, thus buying you time to clear things. This way you slow things, without gimping the ability to shoot them.

+1

Well, no one can control when Toxics arrive.

Snow Globe just slows down everyone affected. Quite useful for all the other enemies. So sometimes, it's best to not care about this.

Nyx Mindcontrol or Chaos.

To prevent toxic from destroying pod, use absorb? Not sure if it works but i tried it once and stop the damage on the pod(Ridiculous 20% each dot)

Edited by Jacate

deviating from topic... but this is my latest inspiration...

Vauban with Bastille. Keeps infested just beyond the range, and will be nice to "clump up" enemies.

Nova will then Mole-prime all in range.

Nyx will then Chaos (AFTER Nova's Mole-prime), whose main purpose is to make the Runners go hug their nearest buddies and explodes... triggering Mole-prime.

Bring an extra Rhino for buffing Mole-prime (applicable?) or even better, bring another Nova...

Repeat.

Possible advantages:

= All can stay near the pod with low risk (Bastille + Chaos).

= All enemies dies near the pod, dropping their loot near.

= Lower reliance on weapons/ammo (Mole-Prime clearing non-ancients, then finish off the ancients while they are back-patting each other)

= Simple.

I want to look for an opportunity to try this and see how high enemy levels can be reached before it starts getting serious :)