Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime Weapon Bundle!

[DE]Megan

Just now, jedifurby said:

I think this is a separate offer that you can redeem, in addition to frost prime.

But wont you NEED Twitch Prime for this?  I used up the free trial to get Frost Prime, and money doesn't grow on trees.  I have bills to pay and other stuff, so I can't invest in Twitch Prime as well.

1 minute ago, CarrotSalad said:

Warframe transitioning towards a subscription based payment model in the form of twitch prime?

How long before theres product placement in lore related cutscenes promoting brands like samsung, pepsi, cadbury and kellogs?

Buy lightspeed underpants, and get a free prime XD

I'm... not sure, how to feel about this. I missed both of those weapons and Frost Prime too for that matter and was looking forward to farming them once they'll be unwaulted. And I know that noone is taking that away from me, but seeing lots of completely new players with gear that's supposed to be rare and valuable... I don't know. I suppose it means that I'm jealous. I probably am. And I don't want to ruin fun for anyone, but I can't help feeling a bit sad and uncertain.

Edited by Edelsid
grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edelsid said:

I'm... not sure, how to feel about this. I missed both of those weapons and Frost Prime too for that matter and was looking forward to farming them once they'll be unwaulted. And I know that noone is taking that away for me, but seeing lots of completely new players with gear that's supposed to be rare and valuable... I don't know. I suppose it means that I'm jealous. I probably am. And I don't want to ruin fun for anyone, but I can't help feeling a bit sad and uncertain.

I'm uncertain too, I've always openly supported DE but this - Probably not something i'm happy about.

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

I'm uncertain too, I've always openly supported DE but this - Probably not something i'm happy about.

Yeah. I mean the community seems discontented so far. I can already see those new players being so happy because of new shiny weapons they got only to then be met with veteran playerbase that doesn't like them all that much because those weapons used to be something one was supposed to work hard for.

Just now, Edelsid said:

Yeah. I mean the community seems discontented so far. I can already see those new players being so happy because of new shiny weapons they got only to then be met with veteran playerbase that doesn't like them all that much because those weapons used to be something one was supposed to work hard for.

New players will be happy, 1 hit everything through the starchart, claim the game is too easy and leave - That's how I see it with the weapons currently offered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

New players will be happy, 1 hit everything through the starchart, claim the game is too easy and leave - That's how I see it with the weapons currently offered.

Then stop playing, in addition to the vets that are tired of a new prime with prime, every couple of months.

1 hour ago, Imaru said:

So I'm a bit unclear on this. Is this a separate offer from the Frost Prime one that can be redeemed separately?

Basically if I already redeemed the Frost Prime one would I be able to get this one too?

If you still have prime (aka if you're paying for a prime account on twitch, since the free month trial ended), you will be able to redeem this. If you don't have a prime twitch acount, you will receive nothing.

Just now, jedifurby said:

Then stop playing, in addition to the vets that are tired of a new prime with prime, every couple of months.

That won't work in theory, i'm sure a few hundred players who stop playing the game won't be missed as there are 40 - 50k a day on Average (and that's only through steam alone)

The only way is to voice our concerns frequently and actively.

Just now, Latiac said:

That won't work in theory, i'm sure a few hundred players who stop playing the game won't be missed as there are 40 - 50k a day on Average (and that's only through steam alone)

The only way is to voice our concerns frequently and actively.

No, definitely wasn't proposing that as an answer, just saying that's how I see it going. 

2 minutes ago, jedifurby said:

No, definitely wasn't proposing that as an answer, just saying that's how I see it going. 

I see, even if it does go that way it isn't exactly going to impact or leave much of a mark on the playerbase unless (somehow) every player caught wind and ended up doing it, which I really can't see happening.

We all LOVE playing this game - I just don't want to see DE take a path of 'Get everything for free and make everything else worthless'.

Edited by Latiac

3 minutes ago, Latiac said:

I see, even if it does go that way it isn't exactly going to impact or leave much of a mark on the playerbase unless (somehow) every player caught wind and ended up doing it, which I really can't see happening.

We all LOVE playing this game - I just don't want to see DE take a path of 'Get everything for free and make everything else worthless'.

Absolutely agree

Didn't really notice this before as I thought the past "Free Prime with Prime" already ended.

I remember its initial end-date being the end of July, and that was pushed back to the end of August.... but now I've seen that that specific "Free Prime with Prime" is still ongoing.

So seems like Frost Prime will forever be known as the "free prime"... is that right? One that, while vaulted before and given a Prime Access Unvaulting twice now that people spent money on, will basically be worthless in terms of the game's economy. While I'm not one of the ones that did purchase any of that as I got him years ago, prior to any "Prime Vault"... that just seems like a shi*ty thing.

The complete and near-permanent devaluation of something that is supposed to be rare all for the sake of (what seems like) selling out to Amazon / Twitch with this constant barrage of promotions with said company. Before the previous "Free Prime with Prime" ending, we not only have ONE new promotion with Amazon / Twitch (with the PoE "event"), but we have ANOTHER one on top of that.... just bizarre planning for all of this and I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

I seriously kind of wish that this was a sort of a...guaranteed thing. Where those that have used up the Twitch Prime Trial to get Frost Prime ((Like me)) and all that other stuff, are guaranteed to get this pack..otherwise this is stupid. I have bills to pay and everything, I can't afford to set aside money for Twitch Prime.

DE, stop it...get some help..

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Didn't really notice this before as I thought the past "Free Prime with Prime" already ended.

I remember its initial end-date being the end of July, and that was pushed back to the end of August.... but now I've seen that that specific "Free Prime with Prime" is still ongoing.

So seems like Frost Prime will forever be known as the "free prime"... is that right? One that, while vaulted before and given a Prime Access Unvaulting twice now that people spent money on, will basically be worthless in terms of the game's economy. While I'm not one of the ones that did purchase any of that and also got him years ago, prior to any "Prime Vault"... that just seems like a S#&$ty thing.

The complete and near-permanent devaluation of something that is supposed to be rare all for the sake of (what seems like) selling out to Amazon / Twitch with this constant barrage of promotions with said company. Before the previous "Free Prime with Prime" ending, we not only have ONE new promotion with Amazon / Twitch (with the PoE "event"), but we have ANOTHER one on top of that.... just bizarre planning for all of this and I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

You've captured my concerns perfeclty.

As much as I love to support DE I can't help but feel like this could potentially be the start of something bad.

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

You've captured my concerns perfeclty.

As much as I love to support DE I can't help but feel like this could potentially be the start of something bad.

Completely agree...I feel a great disturbance in the force... (not trolling, im just being serious in a silly way)

Edited by Oksanya