Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime Weapon Bundle!

[DE]Megan

I'd much rather be happy if there was an offer that allowed new players to pick 1 prime version of each category of thier starter weapons with the Twitch prime membership

1 Primary: Braton Prime, Paris Prime

1 Secondary: Lex Prime, Hikou Prime. (We got no kunai prime and lato prime is out of the question for obvious reason)

1 Melee: Bo Prime, Dakra Prime. (Same situation with the Skana prime as the lato)

Makes everyone happy, new players still get cool gear just starting out, long-term players who invested time into the value of Soma won't feel cheaped out.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

I'd much rather be happy if there was an offer that allowed new players to pick 1 prime version of each category of thier starter weapons with the Twitch prime membership

1 Primary: Braton Prime, Paris Prime

1 Secondary: Lex Prime, Hikou Prime. (We got no kunai prime and lato prime is out of the question for obvious reason)

1 Melee: Bo Prime, Dakra Prime. (Same situation with the Skana prime as the lato)

Makes everyone happy, new players still get cool gear just starting out, long-term players who invested time into the value of Soma won't feel cheaped out.

And none of those weapons are vaulted. at all. - which makes this even better. (Dakra Prime is but it goes for so little these days anyway.)

Edit: Some are vaulted, ops

Edited by Latiac

4 minutes ago, Latiac said:

And none of those weapons are vaulted. at all. - which makes this even better. (Dakra Prime is but it goes for so little these days anyway.)

Bo Prime is as well; part of Loki Prime's Prime Access. Hikou Prime is also vaulted.

I do like the overall idea though, would probably be better with a melee weapon like Orthos Prime and avoid any vaulted ones or ones part of a Prime Access (since it would eventually be vaulted) in general.

Just now, Sean said:

Bo Prime is as well; part of Loki Prime's Prime Access. Hikou Prime is also vaulted.

I do like the overall idea though, would probably be better with a melee weapon like Orthos Prime and avoid any vaulted ones or ones part of a Prime Access (since it would eventually be vaulted) in general.

So they are, my mistake.

Just now, Latiac said:

So they are, my mistake.

No worries, those are ones that most people forget anyways. :P

Would also add that for the majority of people that already have all of those weapons, a package like that would still be useful due to the slots given and any cosmetic added.

Just now, Sean said:

No worries, those are ones that most people forget anyways. :P

Would also add that for the majority of people that already have all of those weapons, a package like that would still be useful due to the slots given and any cosmetic added.

I got confused with Orthos Prime there :P

2 hours ago, Brasten said:

It could be worse. DE could be giving out Relics with those items instead. And be like all the current scum-Box (Loot Boxes) developers.

Hear! Hear! At least DE gives people something specific instead of Blizzard and their lottery nonsense. I love Heroes of the Storm, but I could never imagine spending money on loot chests, it's like buying lottery tickets. 

Edit: 

Also, a bit of perspective. For those of you who are complaining about this, think about this one thing: This promotion can be claimed by you, but it wasn't really designed with you in mind. 

If you are worried about the prices of your sets going down, you have multiples of these things. This promotion is meant to give some really old weapons, that are still pretty cool/strong, to some newer players to get them excited about Warframe and give them a bit of a leg up. It's not really meant for us, as most of us just see at as "hurrah two free weapon slots". 

Also, remember that it being a free market means that DE can throw a monkey wrench in the works whenever they want, just as you can set prices however you want in times of rarity. But always be prepared for this, you never know when a long gone weapon or mod will suddenly return, glut the market and ruin your value. It's always been a risk of warframe trading. Free markets are volatile and you never know what happen, my suggestion is to never invest too much in any one item or type of item at a time, because DE could do something that totally upends that market, saturating it to the point your stuff has no value anymore, at any time. It's a free market. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

As a new player to Warframe who has desired the SOMA P since the very first week of playing the game, then eventually having to reach the right MR Rank to unlock it, and now to have it as a fave gun of mine, but to see this post... NOW I get why some of the community turns against DE. I get it. I get that as a community some would feel a little salty that they grinded so hard for something they wanted so bad only to find out that the devs offer it up for reach cash (in this case a promo with one of their business partners). 

• Like 1

im sorry but this to me is just stupid, because me and a bunch of other people had to farm for the soma ,scindo and frost prime parts or had to buy of other players with plat that we have farmed many MANY hours for, aswell as do you not realize DE that people bought the prime access for this stuff and one of you thought hey lets give it to people for free with twitch prime which people can get a free 30 day trial and they can get these really good end game weapons and frame for doing sod all.

this is just pathetic i wont be surprised if they do a another one of these but with loki prime or a ember prime and mess the market up on them too because hey they messed the market for frost prime, scindo prime and soma prime. 

why did they not just do a twitch prime thing where you can get like a sigil of the twitch logo with that prime syandana you get with sadly frost prime or a colour pallet?

thanks DE for wasting my time and money on getting these items so you can give it to new players FOR FREE...

Edited by louie040897
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZenGarage said:

As a new player to Warframe who has desired the SOMA P since the very first week of playing the game, then eventually having to reach the right MR Rank to unlock it, and now to have it as a fave gun of mine, but to see this post... NOW I get why some of the community turns against DE. I get it. I get that as a community some would feel a little salty that they grinded so hard for something they wanted so bad only to find out that the devs offer it up for reach cash (in this case a promo with one of their business partners). 

How long have you had the Soma Prime? How long have you already used it wherein these new players did not? 

You have had your value, in the past. But in the eyes of a game developer, older assets depreciate over time. Soma Prime has gone down in value as far as their portfolio of in game assets is concerned. That makes it a sensible thing to offer as a promotion. 

It is not an insult to you as you already had your value for a long time, before these people got a chance at it. Also, remember it isn't really free. You have to sign up for Twitch Prime, and while you can cancel in time and not pay anything, they surely have some deal with Twitch and are going to get money based on however many people decide to last another month or two or forget to cancel. So really people are paying DE for Soma Prime, when you really think about it, even though some will not pay anything -- the group is paying overall. Nothing is truly free. 

So when you think about it that way, it is like a car. 

Do you expect the same model and year of car to be the same cost as it was years after you bought it? Would you have a right to call foul on the dealership if they had a model of your car (years later), sold for a much cheaper price, or almost free as some kind of credit/signup promotional deal? No. It's standard business practices, perfectly normal, perfectly acceptable. Because the value of items depreciate over time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

6f80678695b5bf492970ed7d3fae774d.jpg

In early October, players can instantly unlock the most popular and feared weapons in Warframe, the Soma Prime assault rifle and the destructive heavy war axe used by ancient executioners, the Scindo Prime!

This offer will be available for PC, Xbox One and PS4 players.

Note: The Free ‘Prime with Prime” Bundle that includes Frost Prime, Vistapa Prime Syandana and a Dragon Mod Pack may still be claimed for free as a separate offer from Twitch Prime. Visit our Free Prime with Prime page for information on how to claim your free Prime Loot with Twitch Prime!

Selling your soul for money? Nice! I was afraid this wouldn't be a one time thing with frosty. Shame "ding ding", shame...

Edited by PakkiTheDog

As someone who has Twitch Prime coincidentally by already having Amazon Prime, thanks for the free weapon slots :smile: (I already have both weapons).

As someone who paid for the top level Nova Prime Access and got a Soma Prime with Catalyst as part of that, I frankly couldn't care less that people can get it as part of this offer almost 2 years later. :thinking:  Let them have their cool thing.  It's not like anybody complained when they gave out free Heat Swords with the comic.