Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch Drops Prep and Exclusive Sigil Drop

[DE]Taylor

I saw a few people ask. With no answer thus far.

Whats the situation on just watching multiple streamers? I hope a system of sorts is setup where.. if you see a streamer earn a certain achievement. Expect the sigil one. You get a random item from THAT achievements loot-table and can not get anymore loot from that specific achievement. That way, watching multiple streams will help but wont give you way more loot then anyone else.

2 hours ago, Chihuly said:

Whats the situation on just watching multiple streamers? I hope a system of sorts is setup where.. if you see a streamer earn a certain achievement. Expect the sigil one. You get a random item from THAT achievements loot-table and can not get anymore loot from that specific achievement. That way, watching multiple streams will help but wont give you way more loot then anyone else.

I'm considering the possibility that perhaps DE or its partners stand to benefit from not telling us.

It's a bit of a stretch, since it's not obvious to me exactly how anyone could benefit from keeping us in the dark. Is there any benefit to be had in using all this confusion to drive traffic into the streams? Maybe.

Simple time crunch or some sort of forgivable incompetence could also be at the root of this lack of communication. Simply launching this expansion is a complicated job, and DE is also balancing a number of corporate/human concerns in addition to the obvious software/hardware concerns.

Whatever the reason(s), there's a kind of cold math to these things. We're only likely to receive more info on this from DE if they can see clearly that the consequences of silence will be worse than any consequences of talking.

I think that we can understand how to get what we want from a corporate entity, without forgetting to respect the individual people we're dealing with here. I do hope that nobody at DE would take any of our feedback personally, because it isn't intended that way and we would lose our opportunities for discussion if that's how it's received.

I'll stop there, because a discussion on the "destructive feedback loop" that can lead to communication breakdown doesn't feel appropriate for this post.

1 minute ago, yerpmalton said:

I'm considering the possibility that perhaps DE or its partners stand to benefit from not telling us.

It's a bit of a stretch, since it's not obvious to me exactly how anyone could benefit from keeping us in the dark. Is there any benefit to be had in using all this confusion to drive traffic into the streams? Maybe.

Simple time crunch or some sort of forgivable incompetence could also be at the root of this lack of communication. Simply launching this expansion is a complicated job, and DE is also balancing a number of corporate/human concerns in addition to the obvious software/hardware concerns.

Whatever the reason(s), there's a kind of cold math to these things. We're only likely to receive more info on this from DE if they can see clearly that the consequences of silence will be worse than any consequences of talking.

I think that we can understand how to get what we want from a corporate entity, without forgetting to respect the individual people we're dealing with here. I do hope that nobody at DE would take any of our feedback personally, because it isn't intended that way and we would lose our opportunities for discussion if that's how it's received.

I'll stop there, because a discussion on the "destructive feedback loop" that can lead to communication breakdown doesn't feel appropriate for this post.

Well hopefully watching multiple streams to earn multiple rewards doesn't result in a ban.

Honestly this whole "watch streams to earn rewards" stuff is a bit... strange i would say.

I for example can´t play the game AND watch a stream at the same time cus my network will then slow down insanly so that i either only can watch the streamers how they can play while i simply can´t play just for the sake of earning a reward when the streamers gain any achivement.

Next to this the still in the open question "what happens if you make an idle multiple stream watch round"? Other games normaly give clear rules ala "only 1 stream at the same time in case of 2 or more the rewards will be cancled cus it would be an exploid of the system to earn stuff".

On the one side it´s an good idea to give stuff for free but on the other side i think it puts players into a peril cus either they can play and watch a stream or they can only do 1 thing at a time. It also might be benefical for the streamers to get the viewers But looked from another side it´s kinda a "bought way" cus people only might "watch" (be it active or simply let it run in the background) for the rewards instead of supporting the streamers.

Aside from that it might eventually be an good idea to start thinking about some sort of a daily mission that gives the sane chances for the loot next to the twitch stuff and/or a weekly mission with slightly changed chances for the better stuff. And if we wanna go totaly crazy even add montly missions that give an guranteed "value" reward be it in form of Plat or even something from the Prime Table.

What happens if you join all the streams of partners? Will the "random twitch drops" occur with each streamer or just the first one you join?

Slow internet user question: Do I need to actively have the stream playing or just be in the chat to obtain the random drops? (My net ranges from 0.5MB/s to 4.5MB/s down.)

1 hour ago, KettleTicket said:

What happens if you join all the streams of partners? Will the "random twitch drops" occur with each streamer or just the first one you join?

Slow internet user question: Do I need to actively have the stream playing or just be in the chat to obtain the random drops? (My net ranges from 0.5MB/s to 4.5MB/s down.)

Have no idea about first question. But for 2nd i suppose you will be eligible for drops even if you pause stream since you are in chat, you could even join irc channel of that twitch channel streaming warframe and you should get drops. How do i know that? I've been dropping csgo cases with multiple twitch accounts while csgo majors in last 2 years.

Ok I'm a console player and since PoE is dropping for PC first and then console some time in November I was wondering if console players will be eligible to receive Twitch Drops from watching PC streamers and partner streamers when PoE drops on PC or will we have to wait until PoE drops on console to be eligible for them. Or will console players be eligible to qualify to receive them but they wont show up in our inventory until PoE drops.

22 hours ago, yerpmalton said:

Exposure. If hundreds of people are going to be in every single Warframe stream for loot rolls, then that's a massive source of free advertising on the day of what is arguably the biggest launch in the history of the game. And as long as accounts aren't being taken down as Twitch bots, I don't see the problem. If they don't say anything between now and then, then they can postpone the backlash until PoE, and it will be much less severe. More people will be playing the game due to the additional exposure, which will further dilute the voices of the few people who choose to frequent the forums instead of experience the update. 

I personally have nothing against this, I pay for a massive amount of bandwidth and I don't use the trade functions so I don't much care about the effects on the economy; I just wanted to point out what seemed obvious here.

Edited by MadHatHacker

13 minutes ago, MadHatHacker said:

Exposure. If hundreds of people are going to be in every single Warframe stream for loot rolls, then that's a massive source of free advertising on the day of what is arguably the biggest launch in the history of the game. And as long as accounts aren't being taken down as Twitch bots, I don't see the problem.

If they don't say anything between now and then, then they can postpone the backlash until PoE, and it will be much less severe. More people will be playing the game due to the additional exposure, which will further dilute the voices of the few people who choose to frequent the forums instead of experience the update. 

I personally have nothing against this, I pay for a massive amount of bandwidth and I don't use the trade functions so I don't much care about pricing; I just wanted to point out what seemed obvious here.

If that's what DE intends to do, I'd say it's unfortunate.

Maybe all that stuff seems obvious to you, but I wanted to stop short of declaring it to be obvious to me. That's mostly out of argumentative charity; I have to accept that there's a lot of information in the business side of things that I just don't have. I might step out on a limb and say that it's a strong possibility, but mostly I didn't want to level a direct accusation of that type without some incontrovertible evidence to back it up.

It's good that you do have access to large amounts of bandwidth; that sadly isn't an option here. There are no gigabit providers anywhere close by - and I mean that to say I'd have to move hundreds of miles at minimum to receive that kind of service - and our local oligopoly is so strong that no one is able to compel the providers we do have to actually hold up their end of service agreements. In short, there's no amount of money I could pay where I currently live in order to get access to the kind of internet service you're describing.

I'd also say that you're almost certainly in a tiny minority if you don't ever make use of trading; a lot of what makes this game appeal to general audiences is the perceived accessibility of earning platinum without spending large amounts of money. This event has the potential to do a lot of damage to that, although I think it's starting to shape up in a way that isn't as bad as some of us might have feared. I'm inclined to be wary of anything that threatens to depress trade prices for prime parts to any significant degree, for any significant length of time, mostly because that would tend to hurt the public perception of Warframe's player economy. I've spoilered my thoughts on the player economy below.

Spoiler

In the interest of walking the talk, I can disclose my own personal stake in wanting to protect the player economy. I decided to include this section because it doesn't seem fair of me to request that DE take risks in communicating with us if I won't take those sorts of risks myself.

I have a substantial amount of platinum (35,060 at time of writing), some of which was bought but most of which has come through trading. I like being able to do that, because it allows me to get gifts for friends and help out newer players. I'm not interested in building the pile for its own sake; this platinum egg functions as a wonderful way for me to help even out extremes of RNG if someone is really struggling to get a particular drop or simply doesn't have the time/funds for some particular thing.

Looking into my gifting history, I recently was able to get an Arca Bundle for one of our awesome and hard-working clan members. I also bought a Trinity Strega skin for a friend of mine. Being able to do these things is important to me, and preserving an economy where players can trade for platinum to do these things for each other seems incredibly important. After all, the platinum we trade (excluding promotional and starter amounts) does still come from purchases. Often, it is the good will built from a perception of in-game socioeconomic mobility that encourages people to spend money on the game.

With my relatively constrained budget - mostly due to medical costs, which are just a fact of life - and current self-employed work situation, it just isn't responsible for me to spend large amounts of money on this game. With the current trading system and community resources available, I can acquire platinum without having to devote huge amounts of money or time. That's such a massive boon, because it allows people like me to be a source of positivity within the game. Gifts, pleasant trading experiences, general helpfulness: all these things have a direct and measurable impact upon the wider community.

Not everyone is interested in the trading system, and that's perfectly fine. I love the options it opens, both for increased enjoyment and Solidarity™. I'd like to preserve its health, if we can.

8 minutes ago, yerpmalton said:

If that's what DE intends to do, I'd say it's unfortunate.

Maybe all that stuff seems obvious to you, but I wanted to stop short of declaring it to be obvious to me. That's mostly out of argumentative charity; I have to accept that there's a lot of information in the business side of things that I just don't have. I might step out on a limb and say that it's a strong possibility, but mostly I didn't want to level a direct accusation of that type without some incontrovertible evidence to back it up.

It's good that you do have access to large amounts of bandwidth; that sadly isn't an option here. There are no gigabit providers anywhere close by - and I mean that to say I'd have to move hundreds of miles at minimum to receive that kind of service - and our local oligopoly is so strong that no one is able to compel the providers we do have to actually hold up their end of service agreements. In short, there's no amount of money I could pay where I currently live in order to get access to the kind of internet service you're describing.

I'd also say that you're almost certainly in a tiny minority if you don't ever make use of trading; a lot of what makes this game appeal to general audiences is the perceived accessibility of earning platinum without spending large amounts of money. This event has the potential to do a lot of damage to that, although I think it's starting to shape up in a way that isn't as bad as some of us might have feared. I'm inclined to be wary of anything that threatens to depress trade prices for prime parts to any significant degree, for any significant length of time, mostly because that would tend to hurt the public perception of Warframe's player economy. I've spoilered my thoughts on the player economy below.

Reveal hidden contents

In the interest of walking the talk, I can disclose my own personal stake in wanting to protect the player economy. I decided to include this section because it doesn't seem fair of me to request that DE take risks in communicating with us if I won't take those sorts of risks myself.

I have a substantial amount of platinum (35,060 at time of writing), some of which was bought but most of which has come through trading. I like being able to do that, because it allows me to get gifts for friends and help out newer players. I'm not interested in building the pile for its own sake; this platinum egg functions as a wonderful way for me to help even out extremes of RNG if someone is really struggling to get a particular drop or simply doesn't have the time/funds for some particular thing.

Looking into my gifting history, I recently was able to get an Arca Bundle for one of our awesome and hard-working clan members. I also bought a Trinity Strega skin for a friend of mine. Being able to do these things is important to me, and preserving an economy where players can trade for platinum to do these things for each other seems incredibly important. After all, the platinum we trade (excluding promotional and starter amounts) does still come from purchases. Often, it is the good will built from a perception of in-game socioeconomic mobility that encourages people to spend money on the game.

With my relatively constrained budget - mostly due to medical costs, which are just a fact of life - and current self-employed work situation, it just isn't responsible for me to spend large amounts of money on this game. With the current trading system and community resources available, I can acquire platinum without having to devote huge amounts of money or time. That's such a massive boon, because it allows people like me to be a source of positivity within the game. Gifts, pleasant trading experiences, general helpfulness: all these things have a direct and measurable impact upon the wider community.

Not everyone is interested in the trading system, and that's perfectly fine. I love the options it opens, both for increased enjoyment and Solidarity™. I'd like to preserve its health, if we can.

I'm by no means saying that this is what they're doing, it could very well be that they're just understaffed and everyone's putting out fires. I was just replying to a response that asked what could be gained by keeping everyone in the dark at launch. And as for platinum and trading, I totally understand what you're saying, and perhaps I should have been more clear. I use trade chat/WFMarket minimally, and really only use the trade function when gifting things to friends. As such, a bounty of prime parts/BP's is of far more value to me, because it cuts down on farm time and eliminates the need to purchase/grind for the things that clanmates and friends request. 

I also understand that something beneficial to my particular enjoyment can also be detrimental to the long-term health of the game, and I hope that this promotion is implemented in a manner that doesn't negatively affect that. 

Edited by MadHatHacker

On 10/5/2017 at 11:21 PM, Chihuly said:

it wont work.......if anyone has noticed, when you login on twitch and change tabs for a certain interval, it sets you to "idle" status, meaning you're not watching anymore so i doubt youll be getting anything

you might get a title "Troll" or "Bot" though

30 minutes ago, (PS4)AliZarar13 said:

it wont work.......if anyone has noticed, when you login on twitch and change tabs for a certain interval, it sets you to "idle" status, meaning you're not watching anymore so i doubt youll be getting anything

something like this 

https://imgur.com/a/2y7gF

Edited by (PS4)AliZarar13

On 7/10/2017 at 7:48 AM, (PS4)AliZarar13 said:

I never used Twitch before, so I don't know what those titles are, but I suppose they are kind of a flag, so maybe you can get a ban in Twitch if I use an "AutoClicker" or something like that to keep multiple streamings active, no?

On 9/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, if the sigil is the only thing of note in this twitch promotion, then I definitely don't care. Doesn't make this incentive for your players not to play the game any less stupid though...

You can put it on in the background while you play the game. Just because a stream is on, doesn't mean you have to watch it. I've got Brozime on when he streams as something to listen to, I'd still get the drops even if I'm not watching, but am listening.

you should add djtechlive to the list of streamers to get it from he is a great streamer and on his way to be a warframe partner :D i dont maybe a little late 2 add him or maybe for the event i dont know anyways good long list of streamers we should all be able 2 find a place to hang out and get the reward :D

On 05/10/2017 at 9:48 PM, Chihuly said:

Well hopefully watching multiple streams to earn multiple rewards doesn't result in a ban.

I really do not think they would go that far, many people watch multitwitch when more than one of their fave streamers are grouped together.

I am sure people watching will only get one random award per achievement rather than multiple rewards for the same achievement over and over again. An alternative would be a cap on the number of rewards for each player. Neither would be any harder to set up than granting rewards; just a few extra lines of code and a little temp storage space per account for each of the new achievements to track what has been awarded.

Edited by HexCaliber

On 09/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, kyse said:

you should add djtechlive to the list of streamers to get it from he is a great streamer and on his way to be a warframe partner :D i dont maybe a little late 2 add him or maybe for the event i dont know anyways good long list of streamers we should all be able 2 find a place to hang out and get the reward :D

I totally agree! He was just added as Partner yesterday. :) 

The list has been updated with some removals and additions, for those pre-planning who to watch. 

On 9/27/2017 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Twitch Drops Prep

Tenno,

The Plains of Eidolon is on the horizon, which means the Great Eidolon event on Twitch is inching ever nearer. If you love Twitch streams, or simply love getting loot, this is not an event you want to miss out on! Full details about this campaign, including an FAQ, can be found here.

A question about the Random drops from seeing achievements being unlocked; Will there be something to check what cosmetics and primes a person already owns? With as many players as there are i imagine there are plenty that already have a vast majority of the cosmetics that are already out and have a good number of the primes that are out. will there be anything to prevent the player being sent a duplicate of something they already own?

Hold on a second, so like, we're getting a sigil and loot for watching some dork on Twitch play something we should be playing ourselves.

You want people playing the game right?

Well whatever, moot point, I'll just have 50 tabs open on a laptop with streams muted and play the game myself on my PC.

That's the intent here right?