Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Sniper Review!

[DE]Rebecca

Zoom decrease doesn't bother me but there are two issues I have with these changes, well technically one. I feel like the combo time might be a bit too short, it could basically turn Harkonar scope into a required mod- which isn't a good design choice imo. The other thing is, I think sniper crit chance is too low. I think for most snipers it should be 40% base, and for the vulkar maybe 25-30 to keep it balanced with the augment and the higher mulitpliers. 

I understand what you mean now.

That brings up a couple questions in my mind.  One, will having different graphic settings and a different screen change how it appears?  Two, isn't it better to have a maximum range that is further than you can see as opposed to the opposite?  I would much rather be able to shoot at guys right at the very edge of my sight or even just outside of it than have guys I can see but cannot shoot.

6 minutes ago, Cifrer said:

I understand what you mean now.

That brings up a couple questions in my mind.  One, will having different graphic settings and a different screen change how it appears?  Two, isn't it better to have a maximum range that is further than you can see as opposed to the opposite?  I would much rather be able to shoot at guys right at the very edge of my sight or even just outside of it than have guys I can see but cannot shoot.

unknown.png

Same distance with new Rubico max zoom. The headshot bonus makes no sense. Unless your sniper is accurate to that range.

So, let me point out some things:

1. Now snipers are basically semi-auto long range assault rifles, due to this short "combo" system, just like you'd expect a dynamic action shooting from a sniper... I believe CoD had some influence on it and I don't like it.

2. Overall reduced magnification on every scope. I can understand that for non-PoE missions but... for PoE it kinda sucks. If only there was maybe like an option in appearance tab to choose a scope style and scope magnification...

3. Headshot damage... theoretically on paper it looks good, but if we involve the hitboxes, lag, distance [how small the enemy at distance of 600m (maybe 1000+ m for Zephyr) is], the new magnifiers... yeaah, tbh I'd prefer if you just buffed the old dmg bonuses

please take back the rubico changes. it has always been the long range hight crit damage sniper. i feel like the vulkar is now more of that kind which feels fitting BUT i have always felt that the vulkar is a close range sniper...keeping the 20m syndicate proc in mind. so why would you change that? I've just gotten the perfect riven (for me) so i have exactly 100% crit chance, damage and more zoom. It is my perfect, trusty sniper i can always rely on with that high of a crit damage (and now the perfect 100% chance). please dont decrease the zoom levels (that much). I mean you could just release a mod with negative zoom and maybe bonus damage or smth to make up for the mod slot. (fire rate increase is also more orientated to closer ranges and kinda destroys the feeling for me)

TLDR: dont decrease the rubico zoom level so far (maybe release negative zoom + damage mod)

thank you for all the other changes. love it :inlove::thumbup::grineer:

9 minutes ago, SolidWulf said:

People who want to snipe at 1000 meters need to look elsewhere. The game isn't balanced around that in any way, sniping at 300-400 meters is already putting the grineer to shame.

Again not the issue, by design why even call that a sniper? You get 200 extra meters on an assault rifle. That's a joke. Let alone the fact that you won't even be able to use those extra 200m with the scope changes. Headshots will be next to impossible and with bullet jumping you can cover 200m in a matter off seconds. So why even use such an inconsistant weapon? unknown.png

This is 300m (assult rifle max) looking through the 6x scope. You are as likely to get a headshot as you are a crit with an unmodded sniper.

I do have to love anytime someone says the falloff ranges on weapons are unrealistic. Since when has Warframe been concerned with realistic? Using shotguns as an example because I saw a lot of comments about them on the previous workshop post, there were people asking for shotguns to have their falloff buffed to +50m because real shotguns have that, but in real life you can't just sprint or bullet jump across those 50m to get in optimum range. You can't balance a game around realism when the core gameplay is unrealistic. I think this applies to the snipers as well. I'm totally fine with the damage falloff and, although I will miss the long scopes and I think this may be slight overkill on the zoom nerfs (particularly on the Rubico, which always had that minmaxed impractical in most situations feel that heavy snipers should have), I can understand why they did it.

34 minutes ago, ADDgamer45 said:

Do you have any idea what 400m looks like with a 12x zoom? I'm mad that DE created a range limit you can't even see.

unknown.png

my zoom is 18.8x with my riven and i still cant really see someone in that distance....dont reduce it ...pls...(and pls dont change riven dispositions aswell)

8 minutes ago, ADDgamer45 said:

Again not the issue, by design why even call that a sniper? You get 200 extra meters on an assault rifle. That's a joke. Let alone the fact that you won't even be able to use those extra 200m with the scope changes. Headshots will be next to impossible and with bullet jumping you can cover 200m in a matter off seconds. So why even use such an inconsistant weapon? 

Spoiler

unknown.png

This is 300m (assult rifle max) looking through the 6x scope. You are as likely to get a headshot as you are a crit with an unmodded sniper.

Scope sway has been removed, there is no bullet drop and most snipers (minus Lanka) are hitscan. If you're not able to hit headshots after all of this, it's your problem. Especially so with the 8x zoom, which I think would be fair for all snipers to get instead of just a couple of them.

The advantage of engaging enemies with a sniper rifle over an assault rifle is their inability to engage back. It's a video game. Grineer are all short-sighted as it is.

1 minute ago, ADDgamer45 said:

Again that is assault rifle max. Not sniper. Sniper can hit 400m without damage drop and all the way to 600m with only a 50% drop off. Why create a range for a weapon that is unuseable.

It means that under normal shooting conditions, we won't feel the effects of damage falloff when using snipers. That sounds like a good deal to me.

Archived