Plains of Eidolon: Sniper Review!

3 hours ago, brawler58 said:

We all know there's no way in hell they'll buff them so much

I'd like it, but they'll just roll their eyes over it and do nothing. I might be wrong 

Edit: And no, I didn't miss a 3, I didn't mean 50%. I'm being realistic for once 

Y'all want them to triple their base crit chance so you abuse orange crits or..?

It isn't funny even as a joke 

:facepalm:

No, we're wanting them to make snipers as powerful as they're meant to be; single-shot kills. The zoom, low ammo capacity, and scope sway were all detriments that one would think could balance this out. But no, the majority of the community had to complain because it took them out of their comfort zone and forced them to try new things, I don't think  that's fair to the community that loved snipers as they were before all of this combo-counter nonsense with them. And I really wish DE would see that and fully rework snipers to fit this schema.

Edited by DarkDullahan-Prime
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, brawler58 said:

We all know there's no way in hell they'll buff them so much

I'd like it, but they'll just roll their eyes over it and do nothing. I might be wrong 

Edit: And no, I didn't miss a 3, I didn't mean 50%. I'm being realistic for once 

Y'all want them to triple their base crit chance so you abuse orange crits or..?

It isn't funny even as a joke 

:facepalm:

Well and increase of 5% from 25 would just mean 30% base crit i dont think a 10% increase in crit is that much. But i agree they will never get 50% base crit chance. 

Heck some snipers have only 20% base crit and that is way to low for a crit based weapon. 

Edited by GhostLacuna
11 hours ago, Colyeses said:

Setting max zoom as a requirement is just the idea of someone who really hates the people who use sniper rifles.

It made sense in a way though, it was a bandaid that made using scopes in tight spaces which is basically all maps in Warframe a bit more rewarding. (even though the bonuses were negligible on most of the scopes until now, probably Lanka-s scope bonus was the only one that was really useful)

They seem to want to keep this feature though but i guess it can't hurt, they can still add better headshot multipliers scaling with enemy levels as an innate passive for the whole weapon class and better primed crit mods to be able to just reach a 100% crit chance and erase the need for crits to be a mandatory stat in rivens, which would be the right direction for fixing the sniper rifles and adding more flexibility in modding.

I feel like the fall off for Snipers should start at 600 and end at 700+ to actually give them more feeling that they are more useful for longer ranges since all weapons will have a fall off beyond 300. 

• Like 4

I feel that if you use a sniper rifle and shoot a dead body, your combo counter shouldn't change. Because, let's be honest: If you shoot a dead body with a sniper rifle, it's because someone with a less cumbersome weapon or ability just stole your kill, and you shouldn't be penalized for the actions of other players like that.

On 9/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, Yargami said:

Crit chances I can see, what's wrong with reload?

3 second reload for 5 shots on the rubico. Assuming the timer degrade is 2 seconds, that's one stack lost per reload, vectis and snipetron are ok, but the vulkar and rubico need a second and a half knocked off, in a mob swarm, you need more then 5 shots before you wait 3 seconds to reload. It's rather annoying. You spend more time reloading than shooting, I have to run primed fast hands for a bearable reload, which, with snipers as meh as they are, I hate wasting that mod slot.

"Use a better sniper" 

I dun wanna

Edited by Zephyr
16 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

3 second reload for 5 shots on the rubico. Assuming the timer degrade is 2 seconds, that's one stack lost per reload, vectis and snipetron are ok, but the vulkar and rubico need a second and a half knocked off, in a mob swarm, you need more then 5 shots before you wait 3 seconds to reload. It's rather annoying. You spend more time reloading than shooting, I have to run primed fast hands for a bearable reload, which, with snipers as meh as they are, I hate wasting that mod slot.

"Use a better sniper" 

I dun wanna

OK, I figured that was what was wrong with the reload, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of reload mechanic that I was missing. Three seconds for five shots is definitely a little harsh.

Edited by Yargami
12 hours ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

No, we're wanting them to make snipers as powerful as they're meant to be; single-shot kills. The zoom, low ammo capacity, and scope sway were all detriments that one would think could balance this out. But no, the majority of the community had to complain because it took them out of their comfort zone and forced them to try new things, I don't think  that's fair to the community that loved snipers as they were before all of this combo-counter nonsense with them. And I really wish DE would see that and fully rework snipers to fit this schema.

I get where you come from but doubling/tripling the crit chance won't happen as it is

P.S. My rubico wants some tweaks to the reload speed 

29 minutes ago, brawler58 said:

I get where you come from but doubling/tripling the crit chance won't happen as it is

P.S. My rubico wants some tweaks to the reload speed 

DE's been embracing the powercreep a bit more lately. And while I do agree for currently existings, I feel we need a sniper specially designed for PoE if these changes are going to go through. Single shot high damage (basically a .50 Caliber AM round) with a high zoom and a base crit chance of at least 40-45%

I would melt if they did that.

• Like 1
Just now, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Id love to see a rang finder/indicator to know how far away somehtign is. I think one of them has that but it would be nice on all of them.

I think they all do left side of the scope. 

1 hour ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

I feel we need a sniper specially designed for PoE if these changes are going to go through. Single shot high damage (basically a .50 Caliber AM round) with a high zoom and a base crit chance of at least 40-45%

A sniper rifle in the distant future able to reliably deal critical damage?! There's no way a sniper rifle will ever attain the same level of single-target damage as a bow and arrow!

13 hours ago, Trizion said:

I feel like the fall off for Snipers should start at 600 and end at 700+ to actually give them more feeling that they are more useful for longer ranges since all weapons will have a fall off beyond 300. 

Real world fall off for a 7.62 NATO cartridge begins at 915 meters.

• Like 1

Vectis
Total: 225.1
Impact: 90.0 [Majority]
Puncture: 78.8
Slash: 56.3
Crit Chance: 25.0% @ 2.0x
Status Chance: 30.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+30% Head Shot Damage (3.0x zoom) [10.0% damage per magnification]
+50% Head Shot Damage (4.5x zoom) [11.1->% damage per magnification]

Vectis Prime
Total: 325.0
Impact: 130.0
Puncture: 146.2 [Majority]
Slash: 48.7
Status Chance: 30.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+35% Head Shot Damage (3.5x zoom) [10.0% damage per magnification]
+55% Head Shot Damage (6.0x zoom) [9.16->% damage per magnification]

Snipetron
Total: 175.0
Impact: 17.5
Puncture: 140.0 [Majority]
Slash: 17.5
Crit Chance: 20% @ 1.5x
Status Chance: 10.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+30% Head Shot Damage (2.5x zoom) [12.0% damage per magnification]
+50% Head Shot Damage (6.0x zoom) [9.16-% damage per magnification]

Snipetron Vandal
Total: 175.0
Impact: 17.5
Puncture: 140.0 [Majority]
Slash: 17.5
Crit Chance: 25% @ 2.0x
Status Chance: 10.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+30% Head Shot Damage (2.5x zoom) [12.0% damage per magnification]
+50% Head Shot Damage (6.0x zoom) [9.16-% damage per magnification]

Vulkar
Total: 225.0
Impact: 180.0 [Majority]
Puncture: 33.8
Slash: 11.2
Crit Chance: 20.0% @ 2.0x
Status Chance: 25.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+35% Head Shot Damage (2.5x zoom) [14.0% damage per magnification]
+55% Head Shot Damage (4.0x zoom) [13.75% damage per magnification]
+70% Head Shot Damage (8.0x zoom) [8.75% damage per magnification]

Vulkar Wraith
Total: 250.0
Impact: 225.0 [Majority]
Puncture: 25.0
Crit Chance: 20.0% @ 2.0x
Status Chance: 15.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+35% Head Shot Damage (2.5x zoom) [14.0% damage per magnification]
+55% Head Shot Damage (4.0x zoom) [13.75% damage per magnification]
+70% Head Shot Damage (8.0x zoom) [8.75% damage per magnification]

Rubico
Total: 200.0
Impact: 160.0 [Majority]
Puncture: 30.0
Slash: 10.0
Crit Chance: 25.0% @ 3.0x
Status Chance: 5.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+35% Critical Damage (3.5x zoom) [10.0% critical damage per magnification] {No change to damage properties of the scope bonus?}
+50% Critical Damage (6.0x zoom) [8.3% critical damage per magnification]

Lanka
Total: 150.0 Electricity
Charged Damage: 525.0 Electricity
Status Chance: 25.0%
Scoped Damage Bonus
+20% Critical Damage (3.0x zoom) [6.67-% critical damage per magnification]
+30% Critical Damage (5.0x zoom) [6.0% critical damage per magnification]
+50% Critical Damage (8.0x zoom) [6.25% critical damage per magnification]

Is there a reason the scoped damage bonus doesn't have a consistent +% per magnification? Its all over the place, and makes calculating for zoom bonuses rather absurd when rivens or zoom mods are concerned.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

BUG DISCOVERED:

Firing a sniper rifle unscoped will count as a 'miss' and remove the combo counter in the live version of the game. This is regardless on if you hit or kill an enemy with the no-scoped shot.

Please fix this in the rework.

Another stupid change. Where is the logic for zoom levels? I will have greater zoom range indoors than on an open field surface of nine square kilometers, where I will need long distance zoom. Lamentable and stupid.

• Like 3

The more I watch these prime time and dev streams where they use snipers, the more disappointed I am with the zoom changes.

I have over 3000 mission hours in this game.... over 1000 of those logged with sniper rifles. Im saying, and 29 other pages of comments are saying the zoom changes are bad.

Im very curious to see what is going to happen. The zoom levels are so close together it doesnt even make sense to have multiple zoom levels anymore.

Edited by Faulcun
  • Like 1

Honestly, with PoE being the first opportunity to put snipers in the spotlight, it's really frustrating that they chose -this- moment to nerf snipers and make them into clunkier, subpar versions of the Sybaris. I sincerely hope that the review pass will be at the very least delayed, and at best scrapped and rebooted. Snipers need a rework, but this isn't a sniper rework, this is leaning closer to a sniper deletion.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Awazx said:

Another stupid change. Where is the logic for zoom levels? I will have greater zoom range indoors than on an open field surface of nine square kilometers, where I will need long distance zoom. Lamentable and stupid.

The zoom changes will affect snipers both in the plains and out, so no, you’ll have the same zoom levels everywhere, not greater ones indoors

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Tbh, this Sniper elite community is wired, first they screamed for Zoom reduction speaking how big QoL it will be and now when it will happen they starts to complain. I don't understand that.

Maybe because those who wanted the zoom levels nerfed weren't actual sniper users but people who just needed power creepy versions of Skrubaris and Failtron instead of just trying Nobticor, the zoom levels were perfectly fine for me for normal maps and the nerfed ones will be horrible for PoE.