Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Sniper Review!

[DE]Rebecca

16 hours ago, KataLaw said:

A sniper should be a 1 shot 1 kill weapon.

However, I am not sure whether the increased headshot multiplier could help the sniper to catch-up with grinner high armor inflation after 80 levels.

Guaranteed slash proc while landing head shot should be a solution for sniper to deal with the end-game meta.

Hope that DE will consider my suggestion as it's only reward player with nice shooting skill instead of changing the sniper to brainless meta weapon by increasing damage solely.

I was in the simalricum yesterday poking around I was tweaking with the vectis prime and yes. Head Shot slash procs are deadly. I was able to bring out 12k damage per tick with the vectis prime and killed a level 135 Corrupted bombard in a few shots without a riven mod.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

General Sniper Changes:

• Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!

Holy smokes, about time!

• 1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).

YES!

• 1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).

Nice!

• 1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them

Even nicer!

• Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter

OOOO

• Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6

I guess this is being done so that stacks build quickly in combat, which is alright. Could stand to be a bit longer but will need to playtest before further comment.

• Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

Specific Sniper Weapon Changes:

Vectis

• First level zoom +10% Damage replaced with +30% Head Shot Damage

• Second level zoom 15% Damage replaced with +50% Head Shot Damage

Vectis Prime

• Fire rate increased from 1.5 to 2.67

• First level zoom +15% Damage replaced with +35% Head Shot Damage

• First level zoom reduced from 4x to 3.5x

• Second level zoom 20% Damage replaced with +55% Head Shot Damage

• Second level zoom reduced from 10x to 6x

• Next round is chambered immediately after firing instead of waiting for fire rate to cycle

OH MY GOD

YHESH PLESH

Snipetron

• Fire rate increased from 1.5 to 2

Snipetron Vandal

Rubico

• Fire rate increased from 1.5 to 2.67

Thank you! Yes!

• First level zoom reduced from 5x to 3.5x

• Second level zoom reduced from 12x to 6x

Vulkar

• Second level zoom 15% Damage replaced with +55% Head Shot Damage

• Second level zoom reduced from 6x to 4x

• Third level zoom 20% Damage replaced with +70% Head Shot Damage

• Third level zoom reduced from 12x to 8x

Vulkar Wraith

• Second level zoom 15% Damage replaced with +55% Head Shot Damage

• Second level zoom reduced from 6x to 4x

• Third level zoom 20% Damage replaced with +70% Head Shot Damage

Lanka

• Charge rate decreased from 1.5 to 1

• Second level zoom reduced from 7x to 5x

Unaddressed concerns:

1) Hipfire penalises you with bad accuracy: Please remove this, if I miss it should be my fault, not something determined by game rng.

2) Multipliers still tied to zoom levels: I think the first zoom multipliers should apply without zooming, from hipfire as well as when zoomed (just the zoom level needs to be selected) One of the things that makes the arca sisco so good is that you can fire it without zooming in a pinch and it will work fine.

3) Sniper reticules are bad/poorly colored/designed: They just get lost in the bright environments and lighting. Try finding the Rubico's crosshair in the void tileset! There should be better scoped in UIs.

Looking good, hoping to see concerns be addressed and can't wait to try out in PoE!

2 hours ago, Synpai said:

What is "high level," what enemy type, and what frame? Alerted or un-alerted? Armored or Unarmored?

I must know, as I couldn't make a dent in a level 150 corrupted bombard with the Vulkar Wraith.

Levels 150-200, after that you should be using melee anyway. I consider that the level-gate for snipers/primaries, after that melee is god.

1 hour ago, (PS4)StickingPage said:

Seems a bit weird since the reduced zoom on a lot of the weapons is something that's been wanted for a while since most combat was in smaller areas but now that we finally have a large area to take advantage of the zoom it gets reduced. Overall I think the changes are good though.

This point exactly, a thing some people wanted changed is now being added when it'd negate certain aspects of the game that can now be so heavily focused on.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Biggest offender is probably the zoom reduction... Makes zero sense with plains coming very soon. The whole niche of snipers is long range killing, and these guns have a 400 meters accuracy now... The least you can do is match it with a zoom that can actually hit stuff at 400+ meters. I've been running simulacrum all week, going to the small floating platforms outside of the main map area by bullet jumping and trying to snipe enemies at approximatively 200 M away and guess what, the existing zoom was already kinda inadequate to hit some of these targets at 200m... I would suggest keeping the zoom level changes you proposed, but adding a new zoom level that's even stronger, for truly precise long-range aiming... That way for regular missions, people can mostly use the lowest zooms levels, but when in the plains and at very high distances, the have at least a very long range setting that can oneshot from far away.

But honestly, the biggest offender is the -zoom levels, the rest I can definitively live with... But if you nerf the zoom level ,at the very least add a very zoomed in preset on all weapons... Sure it will be slightly longer to go through all zoom levels, but it's worth it imho.

This, I wouldn't mind the zoom changes if this was added at all, and theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Heck, I'd be content with the changes temporarily if PoE released, as long as the extra zoom option was in the works.

15 hours ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

Levels 150-200, after that you should be using melee anyway. I consider that the level-gate for snipers/primaries, after that melee is god.

This point exactly, a thing some people wanted changed is now being added when it'd negate certain aspects of the game that can now be so heavily focused on.

This, I wouldn't mind the zoom changes if this was added at all, and theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Heck, I'd be content with the changes temporarily if PoE released, as long as the extra zoom option was in the works.

or they could add shoulder view when aiming and alt-fire for scope? its not like it will be a no-charge opticor if given a shoulder view. wonder what prevent devs from implementing this. its not really game breaking either.

I have only one concern left for snipers. The zoom reductions. It makes sense for making them more usable in traditional tilesets, but it doesn't mesh with making them a real option in the largest most open area Warframe will have had thus far. Otherwise, I am in complete adoration of everything I've read here and I would absolutely not trade any of it for the old zoom levels. Also it's a bit weird that the Snipetron Vandal gets no additional headshot damage on zoom level 2 versus zoom level 1, unlike every other sniper which got that change, but I'm assuming that's a typo for now.

2 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

or they could add shoulder view when aiming and alt-fire for scope? its not like it will be a no-charge opticor if given a shoulder view. wonder what prevent devs from implementing this. its not really game breaking either.

That'd be cool to have, along with the extra zoom levels.

2 minutes ago, ADDgamer45 said:

Why even have damage falloff at that point right? The guy would be a literal pixel on the screen.

1 minute ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

yeah some of these reworks just straight up negate some of the things in the upcoming update.

They talk about making snipers better with the upcoming changes, yet create negating factors that were the whole reason behind the planed changes. It doesn't make any sense, and I'm glad these changes are tentative, cause I really hope DE realizes that zoom reduction may be useful, it's not useful if it makes one of the entire class of weapons pointless in the coming update.

15 hours ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

That'd be cool to have, along with the extra zoom levels.

They talk about making snipers better with the upcoming changes, yet create negating factors that were the whole reason behind the planed changes. It doesn't make any sense, and I'm glad these changes are tentative, cause I really hope DE realizes that zoom reduction may be useful, it's not useful if it makes one of the entire class of weapons pointless in the coming update.

Exactly. They are sniper-rifles. they have the term "sniper" attached to the word rifle for a reason. DE better not go through with this.

3 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

yeah some of these reworks just straight up negate some of the things in the upcoming update.

There are snipers that can hit 1000m ranges with ease IRL I do not for the life of me understand why my space sniper cant do that too. At this rate I might need plus zoom on my sniper even with the 12x scope.

AMAZING!! Love the changes!! :D

However, I have some personal nitpicks:

Damage fall off starting at 400m may reduce the edge that they got over normal weapons over range (depending on other weapons' fall off)

Hip-fire, yes it should have a penalty but missing an enemy 1m in front of you is a bit much(Just tested, accuracy debuff is barely noticeable). Maybe a fire rate penalty or extreme recoil?

Rubico, more buff plz (totally 100% not biased. It's not my favorite or most used weapon at all, for real, as long as you don't check my profile)

15 hours ago, ADDgamer45 said:

There are snipers that can hit 1000m ranges with ease IRL I do not for the life of me understand why my space sniper cant do that too. At this rate I might need plus zoom on my sniper even with the 12x scope.

Thats another thing. Bloody band Aid Mods. Original Rubico - 12x Zoom vs "Reworked" Rubico x6 Zoom if you put the band aid zoom mod you get about x8 zoom and its consuming a mod slot.

2 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

Exactly. They are sniper-rifles. they have the term "sniper" attached to the word rifle for a reason. DE better not go through with this.

Preach!

1 minute ago, ADDgamer45 said:

THIS!!!^^^ Also, recently the longest recorded sniper kill was a 2.2 mile (3,450m) just recently by a Canadian sniper. Just remember PoE is 9km x 9km. 

Archived