Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Neptune Junction is obnoxious.

TheLastWorstHope

so I just hit Uranus and I'm expected to; unequip all my weapons but whatever my melee is for 5 missions, and waste time finding caches in sabotage missions. (assuming they spawn, sometimes they don't.) Phase specter was annoying enough but at least that was an actual drop.

Edit: the wording is off, anyone one cache found during a sabotage mission will do it. Nevermind.

Edited by TheLastWorstHope

it is a pain but they are using the cashes to teach you a new skill set. i recently returned to the game with a friend and he is finding the new stuff a grind try equiping a theif's wit mod to your warfame its common and cheap to max and it will show caches on the mini map. warframe cashe hunting is a big thing ivra is almost all cache hunting as is the music frame and some mods. get good at finding caches and it will help you long run. i also find a rea cc that kills crates helpful so you can see whats a cache and whats a box or resoruce. things link the telec boltice ground slam. hope this helps

Equipping only melee is a good technique to level new gear this encourages that too. Creating a specter for my main Mag turned out to be fun and very helpful in defense missions (if only I can remember to take it out on boss fights) 

But yes, I'm currently stuck on the same junction and share your sentiment with the annoying grineer caches. It does seem like it wants you to find all 3 and it just ruined the tempo for me. 

It reminds me too much of old tomb raider games where you tediously search for ridiculously hidden secret items in order to proceed. It halted my progress so much that I started Inaros quest instead. 

I'm mentally prepping for it tho by watching youtube guides and turning off the loud exciting music. Those caches give off a distinct high pitch said the guides. I also have filled thief's wit and equiped animal instinct for my companion now but it feels like the game has changed from this point on. 

The caches have to show up on the maps not just the crates otherwise it feels like looking for a needle on a haystack. 

• 2 weeks later...

It would be wonderful if they changed the color of the caches symbol on the mini-map, but then I suppose it would make it too easy to find them and defeat the purpose - but I'd still like it (a lot) if they did it.

The sound they give off is also hard to distinguish when running around as Limbo in the rift due to that spooky ambient sound while in the rift and also I notice that most corpus maps have a lot of machine-ambient noise that sounds very similar to the cache sounds and always confuses me into thinking I'm close to a cache but i'm not.

Edited by Xen-2

• 2 weeks later...

Caches, even regular ones don’t show with radar making this thorough map search very tedious. 

And from my experience caches are RNG based on the generated map.

After frustrations on failed search attempts on solo, I eventually found mine (2) just by walking on front of both on a group mission. 

This trivializes the resararch and scouring made when a mere mission reboot can just pop up a cache right on the corridor. No search, skill or effort required. 

The payoff, the second dream quest is well worth the suffering but I agree that this tile set search needs to be looked at.