Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing bosses, when though?

PookieNumnums

16 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

jordas golem is a joke lol, fly behind it and shoot it. its too simple and easy for anyone with good arch-gear. 

Yeah good gear being the problem here first time i run it I had crap gear and couldn't do any damage to him so had to call in another person to kill it while i was just staying alive. Now when I  geared up some stuff abit more it probebly alot easier but still hate that fight.

53 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

jordas golem is a joke lol, fly behind it and shoot it. its too simple and easy for anyone with good arch-gear. 

Don't even need good gear, I soloed it to get my Atlas with just the starter wing and a half arsed Grattler.

But from the way I see people play it's just like most normal game play.... They have issues moving and attacking at the same time having to stop and aim. (And miss a lot because you have to account for range)

Edited by SilvaDreams

Not soon enough. You aren't alone in wanting more AW bosses to shoot up, I'm hoping for more giant space bosses myself. More WF - AW shifting missions would be rad too! Despite how easy he can be, the Golem Assassination is my favorite AW mission, and probably the best AW mission added since the Fomorian event.

Edited by (PS4)Anemosylva
small error

dear god NO!

not if these bosses will be anything like the Jordas Golem, a monstrosity with so much armour that Corrosive Projection becomes mandatory and surrounded by those f**king mutalist things that can two-shot an Elytron. it's the worst boss in the game, worse than Vay Hek, worse than Kela. maybe when Archwing controls are perfected and we get a boss that doesn't have 7-digits of armour, I might say yes.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dear god NO!

not if these bosses will be anything like the Jordas Golem, a monstrosity with so much armour that Corrosive Projection becomes mandatory and surrounded by those f**king mutalist things that can two-shot an Elytron. it's the worst boss in the game, worse than Vay Hek, worse than Kela. maybe when Archwing controls are perfected and we get a boss that doesn't have 7-digits of armour, I might say yes.

Really?  I solo'd him last time I did it.  With Itzal and Cyngas.  Once Cold Snap augment came out, it got even easier to do.  :D

Edit:  I don't use CP either because it's just not very beneficial to me as solo player.  I also use a controller for Warframe on PC.  Just for reference.  It also seemed easier solo than with a group. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional info

I'd like to see a gigantic battleship as an Archwing boss.  Where you have to take the thing apart in stages, and you're competing with a timer (first timer would be until the player can stop the ship's engines and the second being to destroy the ship's main gun before it fires).

And I can imagine flying through this entire stage from R-Type Final using the Archwing, up to and including the final boss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTWNkyb1XV4

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dear god NO!

Only if you have crap for mods.

The only weapons I dont reccomend are the Fluctus and Grattler. Much easier to kill it with a fast firing weapon like the Cyngas or Imperator.

A general problem with Archwing bosses would be that it is very easy to evade attacks. In most cases, moving with afterburners will keep you safely away from any homing projectiles or crowds of enemies. The other issue is that the Velocitus still exists even if people seem to have forgotten it. It kind of melts bosses.

I don't think an actual boss fight like the Jordas Golem will ever work out well. However, expanded missions would fit Archwing's setting much better. Pursue mission has you chasing and disabling a target. Rush mode gives you a strict timer to get to an objective. These missions on their own are way too short and they should just merge mission elements to make better missions. Chasing and capturing an enemy command vessel to bypass a shield wall and sabotage the reactor would suffice as a "boss fight" of sorts. A similar concept to the structure of the Ambulas fight, except it is the entire mission.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Actually fellow Tenno the Grattler isn't hitscan either.

Neither is the Velocitus. Funny enough, it's the only weapon of the 3 that doesn't have any radius or splash making it the only weapon that actually requires you to account for the distance and speed of the target to a very specific accuracy.

The problem with an Archwing boss is that the mods necessary to make your tools good enough to kill an AW boss are very difficult to get. In normal gameplay, the mods necessary to make your weapons sortie viable drop left and right. I remember grinding the Uranus Archwing mission solo (no one else does this mission) for hours before I finally got the elemental mods. Just playing the game isn't an option, because there's no one else playing AW, meaning spawn rates are low, meaning mods are even more unlikely to drop.

10 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

The problem with an Archwing boss is that the mods necessary to make your tools good enough to kill an AW boss are very difficult to get. In normal gameplay, the mods necessary to make your weapons sortie viable drop left and right. I remember grinding the Uranus Archwing mission solo (no one else does this mission) for hours before I finally got the elemental mods. Just playing the game isn't an option, because there's no one else playing AW, meaning spawn rates are low, meaning mods are even more unlikely to drop.

Not that they are hard to get, but because the actual Archwing content is very much out of the way of 90% of the rest.

I hope enemies in the plains have a chance to give us Arch mods, because they can be used there without being exclusive to 1 node per planet.

The dropships seem to be killable, maybe they could drop them?

54 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

Neither is the Velocitus. Funny enough, it's the only weapon of the 3 that doesn't have any radius or splash making it the only weapon that actually requires you to account for the distance and speed of the target to a very specific accuracy.

Quite true.  I was a little disappointed in the Velocitus after reading all the hype for it.  It could be because I use it after already having the Cyngas (an extremely underrated weapon).  

53 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Not that they are hard to get, but because the actual Archwing content is very much out of the way of 90% of the rest.

I hope enemies in the plains have a chance to give us Arch mods, because they can be used there without being exclusive to 1 node per planet.

The dropships seem to be killable, maybe they could drop them?

Yeah, still surprised Archwing Mods don't really drop on Uranus' Sharkwing enemies or in the Kuva Fortress at all, which if they did, would help a ton of new players when it comes to getting some of the Mods they need for Jordas and Archwing in general. Putting it into PoE, but in a more limited fashion (as in the dropships) is a fantastic idea, and I'm sure the Hellions that fly around will drop some Archwing Mods too.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dear god NO!

uh.. jordas isn't hard. a properly modded blast corrosive velocitus with odonatas shield will do around 75k per crit without using corrosive projections.

10 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Really?  I solo'd him last time I did it.  With Itzal and Cyngas.  Once Cold Snap augment came out, it got even easier to do.  :D

Edit:  I don't use CP either because it's just not very beneficial to me as solo player.  I also use a controller for Warframe on PC.  Just for reference.  It also seemed easier solo than with a group. 

same, I never really use cp. and I often carry people through that fight with just velocitus and odonatan shield and the fight is over in two minutes 

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Only if you have crap for mods.

The only weapons I dont reccomend are the Fluctus and Grattler. Much easier to kill it with a fast firing weapon like the Cyngas or Imperator.

grattler is actually not too bad, its just not as fast as velocitus. I haven't messed with cyngas yet so I cant speak for that. imperator definitely takes a long longer, vandal included. 

7 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

You don't have to account for range, unless you use Fluktus, because everything else is hitscan.

or velocitus or grattler or imperator which has fall off.. but they covered that already. I had already multiquoted you though so there. 

3 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

A general problem with Archwing bosses would be that it is very easy to evade attacks. In most cases, moving with afterburners will keep you safely away from any homing projectiles or crowds of enemies. The other issue is that the Velocitus still exists even if people seem to have forgotten it. It kind of melts bosses.

I don't think an actual boss fight like the Jordas Golem will ever work out well. However, expanded missions would fit Archwing's setting much better. Pursue mission has you chasing and disabling a target. Rush mode gives you a strict timer to get to an objective. These missions on their own are way too short and they should just merge mission elements to make better missions. Chasing and capturing an enemy command vessel to bypass a shield wall and sabotage the reactor would suffice as a "boss fight" of sorts. A similar concept to the structure of the Ambulas fight, except it is the entire mission.

I had a decent concept up for an archwing boss before golem was released. it was essentially a large infested mass covered with tumors, hives, and boils and had a large central eye. the central eye would open up and do a huge sweeping laser blast, but that only lasted a second. the eye would be covered by an armor plated eye-lid and remain closed most of the time, not taking damage. the objective would be to fly around it shooting the tumors and then destroying the hives. doing so would cause the eyelid to open for a few seconds and that's when you would shoot it up doing as much damage as you could during that window. then it would close up the tumors and hives would regrow in different spots and you would repeat the process. the boils would basically grow over time filling up with various drone types. they would grow to a point, burst dealing aoe and leaking out some toxin junk, and the drones would fly out to attack you. perhaps destroying the boils early in their growth could minimize drone amount and aoe/toxin reaction. there would also need to be little infested turrets that could sprout as well that shoot those little orange orbs, to give us something to dodge constantly. 

1 hour ago, Endless_Destruction said:

back in the day archwing mods were easy to get. you could get pretty much all of them between two missions, earth ext and Jupiter sab. now tis a bit different I guess. dropping them on the plains is a good idea. but with that, I think we could use MORE mod variety for archwing. 

arch-rivens when?

Archwing will never be great with small tweaks, it needs a large mechanics overhaul. 

Jordas Golem is incredibly boring to beat and one of the worst things Archwing.

Unfortunately devs don't seem interested in dipping too much into flight simulation, even with arcade like gameplay (as opposed to hard sims).

My personal opinion is that the Archwing big overhaul should happen sometime in 2018, and shoul drink from the fountain of arcade sims. I don't mean making it a hard sim, but get elements of arcade sim into the gameplay. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Archwing?

You mean the thing with the screaming lack of customization,  3d movement controls that are on par with PS2 to PC era port, very few decent weapons,  scaling that can be classified is "hilarious" and production quality for the last 2 years that is as good as a copy of Battleborn?

I am sorry to say, but until they (DE) sit down and really reevaluate what and how they want to do with AW, introducing new content for it would not be enough. 

Disclaimer : I love the idea of Archwing. One of my best memories of the game is the ending of the AW quest line. I own 3/4 variants of them (hahaha nitain) and most (if not all) of the mods. Make no mistake, it is a something that I want to see developed, but not with band aids.