Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework

(PSN)Fighter-Inferno_

Hey guys. Excalibur/Atlas main here. Of course im extremely satisfied with excalibur as he is currently but on the opposite end of the spectrum is Atlas. I think we can all agree here that when you play him directly following some of the best frames he can feel more than a little underwhelming. He doesnt seem to tank that well despite his incredible stats and the mod setups required to make specific abilities good completely destroy the usability of his other abilities. So i came up with a slight rework for him that hopefully will free up certain mod requirements to allow him to more adequately use all his abilities and have interesting synergies between them. I'm unsure if external links are allowed or not, if they aren't just remove the post mods and i'll understand. 

Anyways here is the rework suggestion
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1za04AG_c7A9G533Qh-adrcCE1zeQq8EST4YDeJA_rkM/edit?usp=sharing 

I'm starting to dig into Atlas lately.

Basically I rushed all the content up to MR24, then taking time to properly learn to play frames and weapons.

And Atlas is second to last frame I had been fiddling with (last one will be Limbo)

Well, I did some Hydron to level up yesterday and a guy was "Atlas? Is it a new frame ;)"

He was running an Ember Prime, other 2 dudes had Nidus and Volt Prime.

The guy with Nidus left after 5 waves, and I had outscored him in damage %.

We stayed and went up to 15 waves.

At the end I outscored in damage the Volt guy and came 5% shorter than the guy with Ember.

My equipment was Dex Sybaris and Piranha (I didn't used either of them) and Endura (which I had to level up, and because Atlas with Endura is an outrageously fun concept).

I only used Landslide.

The frame is insanely fun.

You have some nice ideas, but there are better reworks I've seen around here.

"I only used landslide" is generally my problem with him. landslide is incredibly fun and probably the most powerful #1 ability in the game but it bothers me that landslide is really his only good ability. I'd like to see more things mesh together with him so he can be one of those frames that get to use every tool at their disposal. or at least more than his 1. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)joshmcklaren said:

I think we can all agree here that when you play him directly following some of the best frames he can feel more than a little underwhelming.

4 hours ago, (PS4)joshmcklaren said:

And that is why i love him. But i wish he could come out to play in the level 80+ missions. but his utter lack of crowd control or defensive abilities makes him die super quick

Atlas is actually very much viable in Sorties and content above lvl 100 because of his landslide. Invulnerability during the slide and movement inbetween provide the survivability you need.

The issue with Atlas is, that all his other abilities are just trash and are not worth investing in them. And you figured it out yourself.

3 hours ago, (PS4)joshmcklaren said:

"I only used landslide" is generally my problem with him. landslide is incredibly fun and probably the most powerful #1 ability in the game but it bothers me that landslide is really his only good ability. I'd like to see more things mesh together with him so he can be one of those frames that get to use every tool at their disposal. or at least more than his 1. 

Now we can sum up Atlas' problems in one sentence: "He is a powerfull onetrick pony."

He is quite tanky actually, considering that punch-sequences leave you in a nexus of invulnerability phases. This paired with straight up walls, aggro generating summons and stunlock Cc via pertify or preferably using his augument, path of statues, makes him rather awesome as a frame.

If anything, pertifying itself, together with freezing need a serious look at. That this Cc overrides any status is probably his biggest flaw. Especially as he works rather well in melee range and thus looses access to the current meta, which includes slash proccs...

And...a visual overhaul wouldn't hurt eather. Even his tennogen skins look hideous imo.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

The Rumblers are very useful even in mid-level content and the petrifying power IS more useful than it looks but it does require you to bob and weave some.

Landslide is his best for obvious reasons but he's by no means a one-trick pony.  Also you really can't use Sorties or uber-high level content since everyone suffers at that point.

I absolutly love the idea on all of them, only one comment, i think you should allow the speed nova mechanic to apply to your suggested rework on petrfy. We currently have little to no other options to fit that specific niche, i think it would just help further cerment his playability and usefulness in the game.

But all in all, 10/10 hope DE is taking notes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just double it! DOUBLE! I apologize in advance if this was already suggested, but if DE isn't planning to do a full on rework on Atlas, maybe they could do a few things: for instance,  make the wall translucent quartz so we can see through it, and then just double his ability parameters: double the width and health of the wall, double the range and power of petrify, double the health and damage of rumblers, and boost armor ridiculously high so he can tank level 100 gun fire without having to put on armor mods. However if better CC and scaling abilities are in the works, I'm down with that too.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:26 AM, (PS4)joshmcklaren said:

And that is why i love him. But i wish he could come out to play in the level 80+ missions. but his utter lack of crowd control or defensive abilities makes him die super quick

I can bring Atlas to lv 80 missions. I bring him to sorties too. Brought him to that last sortie survival corpus we had and got highest damage on team. It's all about the build.

I only went down once because I kept trying to recover my teammates as they were down on too many sapping balls.

I would like a slight buff to his abilities though.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru