Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reminder to DE about Venus

TheWhitterMatter

So DE has set it's eyes on Venus for the next open world expansion. I can't tell you how excited I am to see new corpus buildings, maybe some out door areas mixed with indoor areas. I honestly think I would expect to see an open world made of corpus buildings. The reason why I say this, is because Venus is not cold like it shows in the game. It is extremely fking hot, since it's close to the sun and all. It DOES have an atmosphere ( as noted by community), but it's still hot as hell. If they made Venus an open world area without many corpus buildings then there will be a serious problem.

Are the corpus being burnt alive out in the open, Would WE be out burning in the open. Do new players like to be burning out in the open. IF no one is dying of heat, then why is anyone alive on this planet. There are some major things DE would need to consider. Instead of Venus having snow and lots of cold rock is should look more like this:

10.jpg

As you can see it is barren, dry, and looks way more like current mars. When making this planet you really need to consider why you originally designed Venus to be more like Earth in the mountains. There are even plants growing their too. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure plants to grow here. Anyway just though I'd share my thoughts upon this. I can understand why DE would make it so the heat doesn't actually matter in the end, but it could make for some interesting environment effects, as long as it is not radiation based.

Please make sure this planet looks how it should. That's all I ask.

Edited by TheWhitterMatter
Okay, okay, Venus has an atmosphere. I am not good with space stuff.

Just now, CuChulainnWD said:

You do realise the Orokin had terraforming technology? 

Yes, but I don't remember there being lore that changed Venus. Plus that would have to be some seriously heavy duty terraforming material to change Venus. It's so hot that I can only assume terraforming will require some massive technology to keep it terraformed. The reason why it's hot is because of the sun, obviously. Something big would have to somehow block some of the sunlight. But then there are so many problems with that as well.

I have a very specific but unlikely vision for venus.

During the night, the orokin terraformers keep the planet frozen. It's a low-level area equivalent to the rest of venus.
As the sun rises, the temperature increases and the ice begins to melt as the ancient orokin terraformers struggle to keep up, eventually giving up near midday as even the surface stone begins to melt. It's a high-level area equivalent to eris but with more environmental hazards and constant minor damage from the heat.

There would either be a different faction out at night (ex-corpus raiders, orokin sentries struggling to defend the terraformer?) as well as heavily-shielded corpus patrols (heavier looking versions of the ambulas dropship, perhaps have them deploy a heavier-looking lynx variant).

I think that would be interesting and thematic for equatorial venus. Obviously you'd need to have the other venus missions be non-equatorial to justify the plant-life.

It's a video-game, logic does not apply.

In a galaxy were kids with serious mental illnesses and strange eyes can control murdering overpowered exosuits made of god-know-what material, powered by "magical void radiations from insane distances" with only the aid of a strange chair and a woman whose father is as big as a planet and looks totally different from her, why can't Venus be a cute block of ice ?

9 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

Yes, but I don't remember there being lore that changed Venus.

There are orokin terraforming towers visible in the distance on a number of venus tiles.

9 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

The reason why it's hot is because of the sun

Venus is hotter than mercury due to the greenhouse effect, something that could conceivably be fixed by terraforming. I'll admit that venus would still be hot after that was fixed, but it's more plausible than it initially seems.

1 minute ago, Kyryo said:

It's a video-game, logic does not apply.

In a galaxy were kids with serious mental illnesses and strange eyes can control murdering overpowered exosuits made of god-know-what material, powered by "magical void radiations from insane distances" with only the aid of a strange chair and a woman whose father is as big as a planet and looks totally different from her, why can't Venus be a cute block of ice ?

Because "reasons"

23 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

So DE has set it's eyes on Venus for the next open world expansion. I can't tell you how excited I am to see new corpus buildings, maybe some out door areas mixed with indoor areas. I honestly think I would expect to see an open world made of corpus buildings. The reason why I say this, is because Venus is not cold like it shows in the game. It is extremely fking hot, since it's close to the sun and all. There is no way Venus has an atmosphere and no way it could ever maintain it. If they made Venus an open world area without many corpus buildings then there will be a serious problem.

Are the corpus being burnt alive out in the open, Would WE be out burning in the open. Do new players like to be burning out in the open. IF no one is dying of heat, then why is anyone alive on this planet. There are some major things DE would need to consider. Instead of Venus having snow and lots of cold rock is should look more like this:

10.jpg

As you can see it is barren, dry, and looks way more like current mars. When making this planet you really need to consider why you originally designed Venus to be more like Earth in the mountains. There are even plants growing their too. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure plants to grow here. Anyway just though I'd share my thoughts upon this. I can understand why DE would make it so the heat doesn't actually matter in the end, but it could make for some interesting environment effects, as long as it is not radiation based.

Please make sure this planet looks how it should. That's all I ask.

Pretty sure Venus does have an atmosphere.

The atmosphere of Venus is the layer of gases surrounding Venus. It is composed primarily of carbon dioxide and is much denser and hotter than that of Earth. The temperature at the surface is 740 K (467 °C, 872 °F), and the pressure is 93 bar (9.3 MPa), roughly the pressure found 900 m (3,000 ft) underwater on Earth.

Quickest google search ever

Someone needs to brush up on their astronomy and revise their post.

Either way, one of the things DE has gotten almost consistently wrong is the brightness and size of the sun on different solar bodies. Pluto needs to be freaking dark, while the windows of Galleons orbiting Mercury should be flooded with light, assuming they're facing the sun.

1 minute ago, _Draken_ said:

Minor (ppm): Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) - 150; Argon (Ar) - 70; Water (H2O) - 20;

WE FOUND A NEW PLACE TO FARM ARGON CRYSTALS BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

We take it from venus atmo, then we put it in the freezer and BAM, argon crystal.

Edited by Kyryo

14 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

OKAY okay Venus has an atmosphere. Still, it is really, really hot. Someone mentioned Venus having Orokin tower things in the background. How have I never seen them?

because you are too busy rushing around bulletjumping everywhere spamming 4 to actually see something. It took me something like 5 months to discover that corpus have helmets... GG

1) Terraforming. The orokin had that.

2) Venus is not barren and dry, it's atmosphere is so dense the pressure can crush someone in seconds just from standing there. That much gas/liquid would not count as dry in my book...

3) Technically pluto is a dim hunk of rock with little of anything other than rock, but you're not complaining about it. Even though no amount of terraforming brings it closer to the sun to give it as much light as it has now. So why the focus here?

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I think this video is relevant to the topic and could inform some people about the idea of making Venus habitable.

Hide contents

I was going to bring up Venusian cloud cities.  They probably wont do these though because of the similarities to Jupiter.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Someone needs to brush up on their astronomy and revise their post.

Either way, one of the things DE has gotten almost consistently wrong is the brightness and size of the sun on different solar bodies. Pluto needs to be freaking dark, while the windows of Galleons orbiting Mercury should be flooded with light, assuming they're facing the sun.

Maybe the Orokin deployed massive solar reflectors to increase ambient light? We just have not seen them yet.

Venus Fragment Lore

Hidden and entrenched in the mountainous peaks of Venus, the Corpus practice their industrious craft. the superstructures built here are a testament to the inventive Corpus engineers that have settled in regions where lingering Orokin technologies still moderates surface temperatures.

This might just be DE's way to get around having to figure out how to deal with Venus' intense temperatures but I would really like to see a smoldering Venus with maybe a Cold/Hot cycle rather than a Day/Night. 

Why is this in fanart?

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
Why is this in fanart?

On 9/28/2017 at 4:26 PM, InDueTime-EN- said:

Why is this in fanart?

I have no idea why this is in fan art. I certainly didn't mean for it to be here.

The thing I really want to see the most is some large buildings where I can fight corpus and destroy their technology. They shouldn't be compact to limit our movement, by there should still feel more like a building with hallways and stuff. Maybe not something we as warframe fans are used to, but I would like to see this.

• 3 months later...
On 28/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, Kyryo said:

WE FOUND A NEW PLACE TO FARM ARGON CRYSTALS BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

We take it from venus atmo, then we put it in the freezer and BAM, argon crystal.

it's too hot for crystalize ARgon 

D--