Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CLAN LEVEL Based Mod Packs for Recruits

PookieNumnums

*** EDIT***

Perhaps instead of giving them to players at certain clan levels, they become available for purchase in the Tenno Lab. Common pack 25k creds, Uncommon pack 75k, and Rares pack 200k (or hell, maybe even 50k 250k, 500k or something) 

read below for clarification and this will make more sense :D

*** end of edit ***

Hi,

After participating in a discussion about how new players often leave because of certain reasons (mostly being underpowered or uneducated about game processes) before they get really into playing warframe, I had an idea that In my opinion would make warframe a bit more enjoyable for new players and serve as a motivation for progressing through the clan ranking system as well as a perk for having reached the higher clan levels. 

That idea is:

Clan Level based Mod Packs for clan members. Before I get too far into it, I would say that these mod packs would only be awarded one time to each player, regardless of how many times they swap clans. The mod packs would only be awarded to newly recruited players once they finish building the clan key but would also be given to existing members once they hit the required rank. [This would synergize with the ascension terminals giving x amount of endo per clan level for developing clans.]

Clan Level 3: commons mod pack: redirection, vitality, organ shatter, true steel, point strike, blunderbuss, pistol gambit, steel fiber

Clan Level 6: uncommons mod pack: hornet strike, the 4 elemental sets (toxin/cold/heat/electric)(for rifle shotgun secondary and melee) and stretch, target cracker, Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, Rejuvination, Steel Charge, and Rifle Amp

Clan Level 10: rares mod pack: continuity, flow, intensify, streamline, split chamber, barrel diffusion, ravage, rage, quick thinking

** the above packs of mods are what the edit at the top were referring to **

Now, before you write a reply about how 'that's a lot of mods that players worked hard to farm or played a long time before finding etc etc etc',

keep in mind that you can give players 5 mods per trade starting with two trades day at mastery rank 2 (that means 10 mods a day for newbies), and most clans will have players that have excess amounts of these needed mods and can just as easily gift them the mods,help them to farm the credits needed to trade for them, and assist them in farming endo, mods to be dissolved into endo, and ayatan sculptures to rank these mods. I don't really see much of a difference between trading a person 10 mods a day and simply giving them to players based on the progression of the clan they join/create. 

Now, lets say we liked the idea but it seemed a bit excessive. In that case we could give them 5 or some other number random mods out of the listed groups. that wouldn't be 'all of them' at once and would still enable players to gift what was not obtained through the rng. Let me state though, that if this were the case, its essentially just a redundant progression gate since they can still get them through gifted trades. You may think 'well why do this if they can in fact get them through trading with clan members'? Well, for up and coming clans with newer players they wont have that option necessarily, unless they make friends outside of their clans and are gifted them through trading. Not all groups are equally social so having an innate method of receiving them based on progression of the group is a nice and equally available alternative.

This would seem like a major incentive to simply join a clan rather than create your own but we already see this with the variety of clan tech that exists, not excluding ignis wraith. Players are either the type that want to do the work, or want it done for them. This idea doesn't really change that aspect of a players constitution, it simply affords those who are newer to warframe a little boost in terms of their available options and facilitates a somewhat faster transition from being the underpowered newbie who is out played by teams and out gunned by enemies to being a contributing member of a squad who can hold their own if need be.

Theyd still need the endo and credits to rank them all up, and they still wont get the endo from the ascension terminal of well developed clans (because [a] they have to be in the clan for 10 days or something first and the ascension ceremony doesn't last that long and because its likely already happened and you cant get whats already gone) so there is still a degree of work to be done on their part in order to truly benefit from all of the mods. The developing clans would have a definite use for the endo they do get from ascension with the packs of mods given to them at certain levels. 

considering this is just a suggestion, and not a hard concept, if the idea isn't balanced enough in your opinion please leave a constructive reply about how YOU would implement something like this and to what degree (for example, removing certain mods from the packs, only giving a few of the mods selected by rng, making them contribution based etc)

Edited by PookieNumnums

This would seem like handing new players good mods. The more we hand players good stuff just for entering higher tier clans and other things, the more progression they skip. 

I know your intentions are good and I see the idea, but I do not think it will create a good outcome.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This would seem like handing new players good mods. The more we hand players good stuff just for entering higher tier clans and other things, the more progression they skip. 

I know your intentions are good and I see the idea, but I do not think it will create a good outcome.

Theyre already doing that, looking for clans with all research. so I don't think this in any way dampens that experience. they still need to rank said mods, that takes endo and credits and as stated in the post they wont likely be getting stacks of endo from ascension ceremonies.

if anything it simply expedites the process for them so that they don't end up quitting before they find someone to gift them the mods or find them on their own which I feel happens more than it should (the quitting I mean)

Edited by PookieNumnums

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

Theyre already doing that, looking for clans with all research. so I don't think this in any way dampens that experience. they still need to rank said mods, that takes endo and credits and as stated in the post they wont likely be getting stacks of endo from ascension ceremonies.

This is a free to play grind game. I do not support handing out these types of things for free. I think DE should be focusing more on tutorials to teach players, not band-aiding it by just handing them gear. 

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

This is a free to play grind game. I do not support handing out these types of things for free. I think DE should be focusing more on tutorials to teach players, not band-aiding it by just handing them gear. 

not handing them gear isn't teaching them anything, and handing it to them isn't any sort of bandaid fix.

as stated in the original post, they can be given these mods by players who have them. if anything, its an incentive for clans looking to gain members to progress through their research, as well as a buffer to prevent people from burning out from being too underpowered for too long. and while this is a free to play grind game, that doesn't stop the amount of plat that is purchased and neither would this. they would still need to grind even if they had the mods, be it for endo, prime parts, credits, etc. 

I don't understand how being able to offer this as a perk for having already grinded out the research is really any different than simply giving it to players in trade. theyre both costless (excluding the trade credits)

Perhaps rather than giving them directly to the players, they could purchase the mods packs for credits through some form of dojo terminal (perhaps the tenno lab) and these mod packs are only available for purchase once the clan hits the required level?

I could see them being like 25k, 75k, and 200k or something? what do you think Voltage?

o.o Mod-Packs is not what you are looking for.

Don't Mod-Pack give random Mods? (I swear the Dragon Mod Pack does.

Indeed, making it easier does result in less play time or interest. 

I had given several INACTIVE Tennos Stuffs (Maxed Serrations, to ACTUAL Plats) What did they DO? Not play for long period, YES for real.

Onto Plains then, and Good Luck!    REMEMBER! There is only so much you can assist.

14 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

o.o Mod-Packs is not what you are looking for.

Don't Mod-Pack give random Mods? (I swear the Dragon Mod Pack does.

Indeed, making it easier does result in less play time or interest. 

I had given several INACTIVE Tennos Stuffs (Maxed Serrations, to ACTUAL Plats) What did they DO? Not play for long period, YES for real.

Onto Plains then, and Good Luck!    REMEMBER! There is only so much you can assist.

well in my four years of play time, ive given out more sets of needed mods than ive been asked by players to help them farm specific mods 

and since players can and usually are given these mods from other players I really don't see any major difference other than being a bonus to members of your groups for having completed research

and no the packs I'm referring to aren't the random ones, theyd be specific collections as listed in the original post