Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Do I get it right? We'll be able to use all the passives at once?

Only the 2 universal passives from each school. But as we saw in Prime Time, those are stat bonuses to your Operator only (ammo energy pool/regen, health pool/regen, energy pool/regen, then Naramon's Mind Step & Mind Sprint probably Operator move/sprint speeds, and Unairu's Basilisk Scales and Basilisk Gaze maybe Operator armor?)

The residuals are school specific as far as I can tell.

How is cooldown affected when multiple nodes are selected? Will the cooldown still go beyond ~300 or seconds if many are selected?

Maybe the first cast is set at a single static value and recasting goes on the longer cooldown?

Edit:

Was looking over the descriptions of the schools and got to thinking of the given examples in the OP; I hope that any changes being done also either stick closer to their descriptions or evolve the Focus Schools to where the devs want to take them.

ofNn0Jy.png

If the Schools are gonna be more RP, Warrior, Wizard, so on and so forth that's fine by me. I simply wonder where the Focus systems goes with Update 22.

Hmmm.

That all sounds pretty interesting, but the thing about which I noticed is that you begin by saying that the Focus rework is all about making the Operators battle-ready and that Focus is no longer about buffing Warframes, but the examples given are all about using Operators and Focus to provide buffs and tactical advantages to Warframes. This preview is cool, but it tells us very, very little about actual changes to how Operators themselves work.

Are there any plans to affect how Operator movement works?

Are there any plans to allow players input into how Operator speech is presented?

I'm not sure about the stacking Zenurik aura. My fear is people asking specifically for 4 Zenurik users in certain missions, akin to how we used to run four Corrosive Projections, except this would be on a much more permanent level. Swapping Focus schools for most players is much bigger deal than swapping auras. I think the strongest Zenurik energy aura should take priority, ignoring and replacing all other Zenurik auras of other players. This will keep Zenurik as a very valuable Focus school, a must have in every squad, while also allowing the other 3 players to pick other Focus schools for greater variety. 

I'm not sure if the same focus schools should stack in the first place. Maybe make it so Zenurik's aura is boosted for every player that isn't running Zenurik in the squad while others with Zenurik DO NOT harm the aura. That way variety would be greatly encouraged.

I don't think DE realizes how big a deal passive energy restoration is. 

I'm looking forward to the focus changes (and PoE looks to be shaping up great). I'm happy that some form of energy regen for frames will be included. That said, I still don't get why I'd willing switch to the operator to fight anything.

Consider your first example scenario:

"Your Banshee is under heavy Corpus fire - a barrage of Supra projectiles are coming toward you. As a Naramon Tenno, you engage Transference and enter Operator Mode and Void Blast an enemy with a Disarming Blast. Your beam has a high chance to disarm all enemies unlucky enough to be caught in its path! You return to your Warframe and make quick work of the now weaponless enemies."

What would make sense for me to do:

"Your Banshee is under heavy Corpus fire - a barrage of Supra projectiles are coming toward you. Banshee dispatches the corpus troops using her weapons/abilities because it's highly effective and it's what we've grown accustomed to over the past 4 years."

What would happen to me trying to use the operator:

"Your Banshee is under heavy Corpus fire - a barrage of Supra projectiles are coming toward you. As a Naramon Tenno, you engage Transference and enter Operator Mode and end up disoriented/facing away from the Corpus and dying."

Will there be any changes to operator movement? Can they dodge/roll, etc?

I really hope that the new Unairu turns out really good.

I would like to see it being either a flat amount of armor added or if it is a % increase, have the % increase be after other modifiers, similar to how Chroma stacks his ice Elemental Ward and his Vex Armor. Heck, there could be two nodes, one with flat armor, another with an armor multiplier.

I am... surprised to see that Unairu can also cloak their allies by remaining in void mode near them. While certainly good for keeping folks safe, that just doesn't feel very 'Paladin' to me.

Hopefully the Unairu bonuses are actually worthwhile, opposed to the pittance of an armour boost and vazarin reflection damage we have now. Then that would make it a nice contender.

Otherwise I can see Naramon/Madurai going strong here, with Zenurik either third or a mix of up second.

I do wonder what is outstanding though. Will we be able to select/deselect what nodes we want to be universal and what levels we want other nodes to be at? Being suck at max node level can be a pain in the butt right now.

Sorry but the unairu substitute isn't an acceptable replacement for shadow step. I know my clan and friends playstyles pretty well and I can say that we would rather bring an Octavia or an ash with his augment than wait around in operator void mode to cloak the team while they enjoy the combat we all play the game for: warframe based combat. 

Taking that into account I don't really see why it was such a bad thing, shadow step. We can still get invisible without being an invisible frame. Now it just forces players into certain team loadouts. 

Given how you're handling zenurik why couldn't void dash from naramon leave behind a cloaking pickup like the energy regeneration point. That would give naramon boiz some of what they love back and increase the likelihood of us using that focus school and void dash. 

Other than that sounds good. 

Up vote this so sempai notices if you agree. 

Unless that energy regeneration is incredibly quick, speaking in terms of like 10/second, you're taking the whole reason Energy Overflow was used and tossing it out the window.  You're trying to force Operator Mode into normal gameplay in order to make Warframes more effective.  Isn't that why people don't play Saryn that often anymore?  Because her abilities are next to useless without being forced into combinations?  Don't make the energy economy any worse than you already have.

Kinda disappointed that Zenurik 2.0 will be stacking, squad-wide energy regen. How is that supposed to prevent "Skill spam: The Game"? Wish we would just do away with this massive energy regen garbage.

All these "retools" look like Focus 1.0 actives/passives tied to void dashing with the operator now.

After reading all this... meh.

"Firstly - 'What about Energy Overflow'? On the public build Energy Overflow worked passively for a single player, and we are experimenting with an active, more powerful party-wide buff. Focus 2.0 currently has a placeable party-wide energy buff in Zenurik that stacks with other Zenurik users - think of it like an area-of-effect energy restore consumable that Void Dashing can create. We will follow up in the Update notes about other areas of Energy gain. "

Unless the current Energy Overflow is alongside this, Prepare for ALOT of backlash.

We don't want gimmicks involving bubbles of energy summoned by operators.

We just want the regen that let's us use unique builds with low Eff

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Firstly - 'What about Energy Overflow'? On the public build Energy Overflow worked passively for a single player, and we are experimenting with an active, more powerful party-wide buff. Focus 2.0 currently has a placeable party-wide energy buff in Zenurik that stacks with other Zenurik users - think of it like an area-of-effect energy restore consumable that Void Dashing can create. We will follow up in the Update notes about other areas of Energy gain.

So just free energy pizzas then? I really hope there is something better coming than this.

1 minute ago, Jobistober said:

Kinda disappointed that Zenurik 2.0 will be stacking, squad-wide energy regen. How is that supposed to prevent "Skill spam: The Game"? Wish we would just do away with this massive energy regen garbage.

By severely reducing the energy gain and time the effect lasts? I don't see too much issue with not being able to balance that.

1 minute ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

By severely reducing the energy gain and time the effect lasts?

But that's not explicitly stated, unless I missed it. Sure, there's ways to balance it, but to me it sounds the same as Energy Overflow, except more clunky usage of the Operator will now be required.

Archived