Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Another little thing that's semi-related to the topic at hand: the delay for clients when transitioning from Warframe to Operator. 

All the scenarios given as examples seem to rely on quick action, and based on the intent for this rework I'd say quick action is the focus (pun). When you play as client, there is sometimes a small but noticeable delay when undergoing the Warframe-Operator transition. Can something (hopefully) be done about this?

Yeah, there's actually a thing I'd point out (and just did!) which is that the transition from 'frame to Operator takes longer than bullet jumping.

Half of these tactical situations could be solved quicker and faster by bullet jumping and using Warframe powers or just shooting the enemy.

Apparently, my last message was a little too strong.  So here we go again.

No DE.  Please No.

Operator mode is horrible.  Absolutely horrible.

A tiny minority, if any, of the warFRAME (Get it?  WarFRAME)  community likes operator mode so please stop forcing players to use it.

The last event was nice except for forcing operator mode on everyone for the final 10 minutes.

Operator is stupid.  It is slow.  The operator runs like he is in molasses.  He has no energy.  Nothing about it is good.

Forcing players to go into operator mode during is mission is stupid.  Absolutely stupid.

I know you want players to like operator mode, so how about making it better rather than just forcing players into it?

Many people hate farming for kuva for a multitude of reasons and being forced to go into operator mode is near if not at the top of the list.

So stop it.  For the love of all that is holy, just stop.

32 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Please don't make Zenurik's energy regen a deployable, it would completely destroy the flow of the game, making you stop every few seconds to stand inside an area. Just keep energy overflow the way it is currently

She did suggest that energy regen will be available through other methods.  Not everyone wants to play in operator mode and I think they know that.  They've been talking about Eidolon-specific arcanes, so don't lose hope yet.

22 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Kinda disappointed that Zenurik 2.0 will be stacking, squad-wide energy regen. How is that supposed to prevent "Skill spam: The Game"? Wish we would just do away with this massive energy regen garbage.

So then don't use it! What is it with you people who try to get rid of something with no regards for the fact that it's optional?! Some people like lots of energy regen. Some don't. News flash: no one is forcing you to use it! But just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one should be able to use it!

And don't give me "balance" excuses. This is a team game, not PvP. We're not talking about Dota or League of Legends. I like having lots of energy to be able to help my team out, whether it's from Rhino's roar, Nyx's Chaos, or whatever. If you don't like having energy available (for whatever your personal reason is), then don't use any kind of regen. Fine! It's your choice! But ffs knock it off with trying to prevent others from using it when it doesn't impact you in the slightest!

{/rant}

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Channeling Efficiency

That seems like the most useless of all the passives, why not have one that gives you a small amount of energy back every time you spend some, or something else that's actually useful for energy users... who the heck even uses channeled melee?

Also, how hard will you be nerfing Energy Pulse? Are we going to require a full party of players use it all at once, just to get back to the amount of energy restore we were able to give ourselves with Zenurik 1.0?

How about making Warframes act like specters when you are in your Operator mode? I dont see any lore problems with it - multitasking your body and Warframe. Maybe it could shoot only at the targets you have in your view or even not attack at all. Also as a baseline they could not use Warframe powers, only mentain those that dont require any action on the Warframe part, like Iron Skin but not Sound Quake.

Sounds nice. 

I have quick questions tho. Will the focus cap of 100k per day stay the same or will it be more of an open playing field where you can test out new focus builds and schools if you farm a lot rather than it being heavily time-gated? I don't really see players moving from the focus they already farmed a bit for, to another one, because the other school's passive might be cool.

46 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Residual: Channeling Efficiency: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Now if only Channeling got at least a 0.5x multiplier increase on all weapons, instead of being 1.5x except on a few weapons that it's like, 1.8x.

8 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Yeah, but we're required to hop into Operator mode instead of essentially having a fifth Warframe ability. That 5th ability-like functionality is what we're losing.

Operator Void Dash being like bullet jump doesn't make it ok for the Operators, who can't slide while sprinting, meaning you have to stop and crouch and then jump. Really don't understand why you're so resistant to something that would literally be an improvement (and it would, because it removes the requirement to crouch first). You must be a big fan of the current Operator movement mechanics.

Assumptions. 

Ops need parkour. At least a decent run and roll and double jump. 

But I don't find void dash difficult at least to cap kuva when you can pop out and dash after a bullet jump before you even land. 

I actually really like these. Zenurik's most likely going to remain the most popular, because that's just the way it is (free energy, yo), but it's being implemented in a way where I'm not necessarily going to feel shoehorned into it, because I can benefit from someone else's Zenurik. 

Some of them are raising eyebrows for me, though. Like, Madurai being tactical and ambush-focued, while Naramon just provides a straight-up damage boost? Some of these choices are a little questionable. But at least the trees are all worth using. 

15 minutes ago, Vaporoxgaming said:

Isn't that why people don't play Saryn that often anymore?  Because her abilities are next to useless without being forced into combinations?

That's just... Not even slightly true.

Just cast Spores on one enemy and shoot a gas modded Arca Plasmor or Ignis or Hikou Prime (or just regular Hikou, for crying out loud) into a crowd. Spores is really damn good on its own, and it doesn't force you to use her other abilities at all. Yes, Toxic Lash and Miasma are largely dependent on Spores, but Spores is so powerful on its own that it doesn't make that much difference, because you want to Spore everything anyway. 

20 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Taking that into account I don't really see why it was such a bad thing, shadow step. We can still get invisible without being an invisible frame. Now it just forces players into certain team loadouts. 

Invisibility is incredibly powerful in Warframe. Unlike every other game I've ever played, it doesn't break when you attack (Prowl being the only exception), and it provides you an absolutely massive boost to melee damage just for being invisible. It's something that really needs to be handled with care, and adding it as a Warframe-inexclusive passive that allows for basically permanent invisibility for next to zero effort is not anywhere near handling it with care. 

As far as I'm concerned, forcing it into specific team setups with very specific triggers is a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, there's actually a thing I'd point out (and just did!) which is that the transition from 'frame to Operator takes longer than bullet jumping.

Half of these tactical situations could be solved quicker and faster by bullet jumping and using Warframe powers or just shooting the enemy.

This is true. Although I am looking forward to the changes making the Operator less of a walking fashion statement and more of an actual part of the game, all the situations described in the OP can be easily solved by just moving with your Warframe and hitting them with a stick or shooting them. This brings up another little problem: Focus 2.0 is meant to be about the Operators, but thus far a lot of this seems to actually be more about how it affects the Warframes.

34 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Please don't make Zenurik's energy regen a deployable, it would completely destroy the flow of the game, making you stop every few seconds to stand inside an area. Just keep energy overflow the way it is currently

I don't even really mind if we have to pop back into operator mode to rebuff the effect but id like it to move with us, not be stationary. 

Changes look interesting so far. I'm really glad Vazarin is finally getting a more active support role.

27 minutes ago, Vaporoxgaming said:

Isn't that why people don't play Saryn that often anymore?  Because her abilities are next to useless without being forced into combinations?

Really? I've been running almost exclusively Saryn Prime + Vazarin for a couple months now, and not had any huge energy issues. We survived before Energy Overflow was a thing, we can survive without it.

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Naramon:

We will go over an example of a new Naramon combat scenario: 

Your Banshee is under heavy Corpus fire - a barrage of Supra projectiles are coming toward you. As a Naramon Tenno, you engage Transference and enter Operator Mode and Void Blast an enemy with a Disarming Blast. Your beam has a high chance to disarm all enemies unlucky enough to be caught in its path! You return to your Warframe and make quick work of the now weaponless enemies.

I mention this because what you've outlined here sounds insanely clunky. If you are under heavy fire, you can:

a) Manifest your Operator
b) Get close enough to use your Void Blast on the enemies which
c) Has a chance, not a guaranteed effect but a chance to disarm them, allowing you to
d) Pop back into your Warframe and kill these disarmed enemies.

I think this may be somewhat a case of poor phrasing. Void Blast / Disarming Blast I believe is the melee. Thus your melee will disarm the enemy, but if you can't get close enough your beam has a chance to disarm the enemy.

3 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Assumptions. 

Ops need parkour. At least a decent run and roll and double jump. 

But I don't find void dash difficult at least to cap kuva when you can pop out and dash after a bullet jump before you even land. 

Well maybe you don't find Operator movement clunky, but I do and plenty of other players do as well. I guess I just don't see what's wrong with separating Void Dash from crouching. As for parkour in general: it's overrated, and it shouldn't be a requirement.

Just now, Yargami said:

Changes look interesting so far. I'm really glad Vazarin is finally getting a more active support role.

Really? I've been running almost exclusively Saryn Prime + Vazarin for a couple months now, and not had any huge issues. We survived before Energy Overflow was a thing, we can survive without it.

I think this may be somewhat a case of poor phrasing. Void Blast / Disarming Blast I believe is the melee. Thus your melee will disarm the enemy, but if you can't get close enough your beam has a chance to disarm the enemy.

Which means that in almost all cases, it will still just be a better idea to bullet jump your 'frame out of the way, and then kill your attackers.

Hold on a moment, please DE.

After a quick comparison from what is currently in the game, a trend started to show up :

The things the Operators will do are not "new mechanics" - Ivara's Cloack arrows, The small invulnerability phases of Frost (and the big ones of Valkyr), the "slow but charged attacks"...
Are you seriously turning Focus 2.0 in Budget abilities for people that are lacking frames?
On it's own - not a bad idea, I would applaud you for that. If there was not the notion that you are giving the cold shoulder to people with vast collections and specialized builds, again.
Why would I risk Unairu invisibility for my team if I can run Ivara, Why risk RNG disarm effect (again in operator mode) if Loki does that and so on and so on. 

15 minutes ago, WidescreenRules said:

So then don't use it! What is it with you people who try to get rid of something with no regards for the fact that it's optional?! Some people like lots of energy regen. Some don't. News flash: no one is forcing you do use it! But just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one should be able to use it!

And don't give me "balance" excuses. This is a team game, not PvP. We're not talking about Dota or League of Legends. I like having lots of energy to be able to help my team out, whether it's from Rhino's roar, Nyx's Chaos, or whatever. If you don't like having energy available (for whatever your personal reason is), then don't use any kind of regen. But ffs knock it off with trying to prevent others from using it when it doesn't impact you in the slightest!

Ah, the ol' "don't like it? then don't use it" excuse.

So much for feedback. If someone thinks a feature or mechanic is broken, just don't use it. Nice. Just discount anyone's opinion that isn't the same as yours. This is the dev workshop, DE is proposing a new system and it's our job as players to tell them what we like and don't like about the proposal.

It's very much clear that the energy economy is in trouble in this game, and energy restores/regen passives are simply a bandaid. Incremental energy regen through enemy kills by itself is more appealing to me than any Focus passive requiring Operator clunkiness.

I'm concerned about the leaving an energy field behind for energy regen. Zenurik works so well because it goes with you. This sound like a less powerful energy pad. It'll work fine for defense but what about a more mobile squad in a survival? What about while roaming on the plains? This sounds like I'll be better off crafting 200 large energy restores, binding them to a mouse button, and just spamming it when I'm low. My only other problem is channeling efficiency. Like it'll be okay for Life Strike, but that requires so little channeling that it doesn't cost a lot anyways. That seems like it'll be a node I unlock for the thing next to it and then never use until I have literally nothing else to upgrade. The only way that's worth my time is if you have a channeling rework dropping with PoE that you haven't announced, and even then that would have to turn out well. I'm not willing to take that bet.

On a more positive note, Vazarin and Naramon both seem fantastic from this. Unairu and Madurai are looking like they're going to hinge on good numbers but that means half the battle is won. I suppose it is strange that Unairu has the stealth buff but that's also as a means of protecting allies. I imagine Naramon will be better for one's own invisibility since it is the rogue class. The return of Energy Spike as a Zenurik passive is also cool but it'll need a buff to be really worthwhile. I wouldn't say an Arcane Energize level pulse especially given that it's guaranteed but right now it's the thing you only bring on a Greedy Pull Mag if you have two full sets of Arcane Energize and the focus to spare, so it shouldn't be kept if it stays as is.

Archived