Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Still getting the loathsome feeling that this is an unholy mess...

Also if energy regeneration is only available in a single school we'll have not moved from the previous situation in which Zenurik was the favored school due exactly to offering the only energy regeneration option of the entire focus system... didn't they learn at all?!

5 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Still getting the loathsome feeling that this is an unholy mess...

Also if energy regeneration is only available in a single school we'll have not moved from the previous situation in which Zenurik was the favored school due exactly to offering the only energy regeneration option of the entire focus system... didn't they learn at all?!

I mean, they removed Naramon's Shadow Step, which was arguably worse.

30 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Those are Residuals only available if you're running the School.

You can't use Zenurik's Residual (That seems to now, after Prime Time, be 50% Ability Channeling Efficiency) if you're running a Naramon Operator. Even if you unlocked it (You can't Unbind it).

But you can use Zenurik's Passive (That increases the Energy pool of your Operator) while on Naramon if you unlock and unbind it.

I watched again a part of the Prime Time video ..... There are 2 types of "passive" effects .... that's why I was getting it wrong .... yes ... you are right.

1 hour ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

Wait they changed it from Melee channelling efficiency to ability channelling efficiency? When did that happen?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)INe Saninus said:

I was confused about this and can't find any hard info on it.... it still says melee on the first page.

Did they change the melee channeling efficiency to channelled power efficiency...?!!

If so....     I'm good with that.

Like...   seriously. That's an acceptable passive. 

I even find the energy dash bubble to be totally acceptable.

If I can find confirmation on this, I'm good.

Real quick!

I ended up checking it anyway, for now it is indeed Ability Channeling Efficiency.

38 minutes ago, nikitasius said:

finally DE are ruined focus. Great, damn, whats a S#&$.

They can't ruin something that was ruined from the start. 5 trees full of abilities, and only 2 passives that are noteworthy and you would be a fool if you don't use? Hell, that took a hell of a lot of work to fix properly into 5 fully usable trees. At this point, they can only make it better.

OH THANK GOD.

The energy regen from that void dash persists for half a minute, that is a relief. That's at least serviceable.

EDIT: Ability Channelling Efficiency is a really, really, REALLY bad idea, though, as it's going to be a big buff to Warframes that are already considered very strong, and it's gonna be useless to all others. Half the roster doesn't use channelled abilities and they're going to get literally nothing out of that residual.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

Just WHY is all that comes to mind, if you try spend all your time grinding for an operator that may be good, you may have wasted your time. If you don't however you will be behind everyone else by miles. :(

Its like comparing a player who did little farming credits/resources to one who went hardcore. How dare they be ahead of me!

Seriously.

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

OH THANK GOD.

The energy regen from that void dash persists for half a minute, that is a relief. That's at least serviceable.

EDIT: Ability Channelling Efficiency is a really, really, REALLY bad idea, though, as it's going to be a big buff to Warframes that are already considered very strong, and it's gonna be useless to all others. Half the roster doesn't use channelled abilities and they're going to get literally nothing out of that residual.

They really should reconsider some channeled abilities' drain/s. Some have one that's too intense for their worth - Effigy springs to mind instantly - and others have a ridiculously low cost for their effect - World of Fire is a good example. 

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Nice energy pool you have there...
It would be shame if something eats trough it
latest?cb=20140421083504
*nom, nom, nom*

Yeeeey thank God they also eat through every other channeled ability, regardless of whether it is game breaking or not. 

-.-

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

They really should reconsider some channeled abilities' drain/s. Some have one that's too intense for their worth - Effigy springs to mind instantly - and others have a ridiculously low cost for their effect - World of Fire is a good example. 

Don't you go around spreading heresies about WoF.
Technically if by effect you mean the status and trip of Firequake - I get what you mean. If you brute damage output - no.

PS: Semi joking.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Don't you go around spreading heresies about WoF.
Technically if by effect you mean the status and trip of Firequake - I get what you mean. If you brute damage output - no.

PS: Semi joking.

Quite frankly, it's damage output is worrying enough to, with the right build, completely nullify most gameplay under... Level 40? Don't know, but it's bad enough for a 3e/s to feel very little. Not saying it should be bumped up to 10 like Peacemaker, but 5 or 6 is much more warranted than goddamn 3.

If not that, than add a small extra drain on the augment. Several ones that are deemed "too powerful not to cost more than a simple mod slot" have extra limitations, I think so should this one. 

Of course, this is rather "personal". I have a particular disdain for abilities that make the game a breeze at lower levels but become useless (without augments) at higher ones. Gutting the damage in at least half and then add the now relatively popular "%health damage" mechanic seem to me a good Change for the ability - both limiting its ridiculous damage output at lower levels and increasing it at higher ones. Nerf where you should, buff where you must. Win win. 

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Quite frankly, it's damage output is worrying enough to, with the right build, completely nullify most gameplay under... Level 40? Don't know, but it's bad enough for a 3e/s to feel very little. Not saying it should be bumped up to 10 like Peacemaker, but 5 or 6 is much more warranted than goddamn 3.

If not that, than add a small extra drain on the augment. Several ones that are deemed "too powerful not to cost more than a simple mod slot" have extra limitations, I think so should this one. 

Of course, this is rather "personal". I have a particular disdain for abilities that make the game a breeze at lower levels but become useless (without augments) at higher ones. Gutting the damage in at least half and then add the now relatively popular "%health damage" mechanic seem to me a good Change for the ability - both limiting its ridiculous damage output at lower levels and increasing it at higher ones. Nerf where you should, buff where you must. Win win. 

Another topic for another time.

12 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

It's probably *ability* channeling efficiency because the energy regen won't work while channeling, so they figured they needed a separate, in-theme incentive for people who use channeled abilities a lot to use the school?

Which could be defined as "fine" if there was not the issue with Eff Cap and the fact that there is no more passive Energy Regen.

So a U turn in Zenurik?

Just now, Jicematoro said:

That can be removed, or Ignored only by Zenurik's Passive, let's not lose hope here!

The thing is...
Since Warframes work with base value of 100%, going up to 200% would mean 0 cost so... kinda problematic. Unless a diminishing return is introduced, which will make the game arguably worse for everyone.

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

Which could be defined as "fine" if there was not the issue with Eff Cap and the fact that there is no more passive Energy Regen.

So a U turn in Zenurik?

Yeah. In the end, it only further stipulates Zenurik as a base school for anyone invested in power usage - which incidentally, is the vast majority of players. If Zenurik only used to benefit non-channeled power sets - and therefore any Warframe with a "default state channeled ability" like Oberon with Renewal, Ivara with Prowl, Ember with WoF, etc had no use for it (and judging by how several of the frames introduced or reworked following Focus' addition, I even came to think channeled abilities were being used as a subtle response to it). Now... Unless you are already satisfied with your power usage, Zenurik will always be a great choice. 

Btw, word around says the Zenurik energy bubble will grant an energy regeneration rate of 5e/s over 30s, even if you move out of it. 

Is it me... Or is this a straight buff to Energy Overflow, just demanding a bit of micromanagement every 30 seconds? 

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Is it me... Or is this a straight buff to Energy Overflow, just demanding a bit of micromanagement every 30 seconds? 

Let me look in the future: 

"WE DON'T WANT TO USE CRUTCHES!"
"If I was going to Void dash 24/7 I would just bring energy restores!"
"We demand passive energy regeneration, I don't have time to stop in order to get energy!"

It is a buff, but a buff that you have to manage.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

The thing is...
Since Warframes work with base value of 100%, going up to 200% would mean 0 cost so... kinda problematic. Unless a diminishing return is introduced, which will make the game arguably worse for everyone.

Not necessarily, Say it's 50% Efficiency, if you stop thinking about it as Mod efficiency, and think about it as a 50% of the current drain Instead.

e61073fcfe.jpg

This Titania's Razorwing would Drain 0,625 Energy per second. Just for Reference, here's the build:

994e70dd80.jpg

Now, before anyone screams Broken on this, we don't actually have the Zenurik's Passive percentage, so the numbers here may or may not end up not being inaccurate~

Archived