Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Jicematoro said:

Not necessarily, Say it's 50% Efficiency, if you stop thinking about it as Mod efficiency, and think about it as a 50% of the current drain Instead.

e61073fcfe.jpg

This Titania's Razorwing would Drain 0,625 Energy per second. Just for Reference, here's the build:

Reveal hidden contents

994e70dd80.jpg

Now, before anyone screams Broken on this, we don't actually have the Zenurik's Passive percentage, so the numbers here may or may not end up not being inaccurate~

So basically, instead of being "+50% energy efficiency", it's "reduce the drain by 50%". 

And people say semantics don't matter. 

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Let me look in the future: 

"WE DON'T WANT TO USE CRUTCHES!"
"If I was going to Void dash 24/7 I would just bring energy restores!"
"We demand passive energy regeneration, I don't have time to stop in order to get energy!"

It is a buff, but a buff that you have to manage.

Mmmmmhhhh flashbacks to vacuum gate? 

I was going to say on my proper answer to @Jicematoro, but I actually like the idea of a natural energy Regen, whose rate is dependent on each frame like the energy pool is. Also, an universal reduction to energy pools and efficiency mods rework.

I know, conversation to another time. 

4 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

So basically, instead of being "+50% energy efficiency", it's "reduce the drain by 50%". 

And people say semantics don't matter. 

The wording used was "I'm a Mesa main, so having the Channeling Efficiency is like, one of my favourite things, I can't wait for that" so pretty much?

Just now, Jicematoro said:

Again, get your head out of the cap zone! We don't know what's coming!

I did not meant that.

I meant that on base mod building, I can't make Titania go under 1.25 energy per second for some reason. But I can go down to 0.85 with Ember and Valk, I was not aware that for some frames there is additional limiter.

As we continue our refresh of Focus, here is a brief update on Zenurik’s development since this Dev Workshop was originally posted.

But! Before we delve into the specific changes to Zenurik, if you wanted to take a closer look at the changes to Madurai and Zenurik’s trees, Rebecca and Megan did just that on last night’s Prime Time:  

Spoiler

Now onto Zenurik: 

• With a focus on Energy Overflow in the first pass of the devworkshop, we want to give Energizing Dash a formal introduction. Here’s how it works - When you perform a Void Dash as your Operator, an AOE bubble is created, in which you or your allies can pass through its zone to gain 5 energy for up to 30 seconds on the latest build. The bubble may be recreated at any time simply by Void Dashing again, and its energy regeneration may be refreshed if traversed. 

For a demonstration of Energizing Dash in action, here’s a clip from last night’s Prime Time:

Spoiler

• The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

As with all things in the final stages of development, these are subject to change. We will keep you in the know as we work backstage. 

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I did not meant that.

I meant that on base mod building, I can't make Titania go under 1.25 energy per second for some reason. But I can go down to 0.85 with Ember and Valk, I was not aware that for some frames there is additional limiter.

Oh, in that case, yes, There's a hard cap in all channeling abilities because you also get 50% efficiency for every extra 100% Duration.

Also, Valkyr's Drain is like, 3.75 per second when she reaches 100%, and that's only if she reached her efficiency cap, otherwise is SOOOO MUCH WORSE.

Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 6.25 energy, minimum channeling cost to 0.63 energy per second, and maximum channeling cost to 3.75 energy per second.

8 hours ago, Jicematoro said:

I ended up checking it anyway, for now it is indeed Ability Channeling Efficiency.

Well that's going to go down well considering how much some people hate ember wof and soundquake banshee....

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Well that's going to go down well considering how much some people hate ember wof and soundquake banshee....

Actually! I think [DE]Danielle's post just proved it's still Channeling Melee, just with 60% efficiency instead of 50%

Guess Ability Channeling Efficiency was too much to ask, can't have nice things~

Now, why Melee Channeling Efficiency is good for a Mesa, I don't know, he might have read that wrong.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Now onto Zenurik: 

• With a focus on Energy Overflow in the first pass of the devworkshop, we want to give Energizing Dash a formal introduction. Here’s how it works - When you perform a Void Dash as your Operator, an AOE bubble is created, in which you or your allies can pass through its zone to gain 5 energy for up to 30 seconds on the latest build. The bubble may be recreated at any time simply by Void Dashing again, and its energy regeneration may be refreshed if traversed. 

For a demonstration of Energizing Dash in action, here’s a clip from last night’s Prime Time:

Reveal hidden contents

• The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

I can honestly say imo Energizing Dash is not going to work well in the middle of a fight where they can already one shot a frame if you stop moving, with the current fixed amount per second you just had to keep moving for a few seconds, now you have to leave your warframe (admittedly looks smoother/faster) in a considerably more squishy form and hope the frame/operator doesn't get killed before you trigger the energy bubble.... it really does seem like a downgrade even with the increased values that we can gain, although lets be honest 1 extra energy per second (if it's decided to not make it stackable) isn't going to make up for the 30 second limitation.  It would be more 'bearable' if it was 60 seconds but again it's still a downgrade imo. 

Inner might, sounds good on paper but very few people bother with channelling on melee outside of life strike, you just need to look at all the suggested builds to see this....so unless there's some major incentive to use a channelling mod on melee it seems a bit of a wasted ability if I'm honest. 

9 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Now, why Melee Channeling Efficiency is good for a Mesa, I don't know, he might have read that wrong.

Likely down to the misunderstanding regarding ability versus melee channelling because I can't see any benefit to melee channelling on mesa either

13 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Actually! I think [DE]Danielle's post just proved it's still Channeling Melee, just with 60% efficiency instead of 50%

Guess Ability Channeling Efficiency was too much to ask, can't have nice things~

Different traits. 
If not, DE pulled a *bamboozled* on a lot of people, including the streamers.

32 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Let me look in the future: 

"WE DON'T WANT TO USE CRUTCHES!"
"If I was going to Void dash 24/7 I would just bring energy restores!"
"We demand passive energy regeneration, I don't have time to stop in order to get energy!"

It is a buff, but a buff that you have to manage.

This is so damn true its sad...

Specially the "demand" part.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

One of the things of Channeling is both how much energy it consumes per hit and how much it changes melee.

As of right now, 99.9% of the weapons have the same energy and channeling multiplier of 5e/h and 1,5x with only the Furax Wraith as the exception comming to mind using a 1,8x.

And Channeling Mods are not viewed as good with the exception of Life Strike.

AKA: we dont have much incentive to actually use Channeling Mods or channeling itself outside of recovering HP.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I can honestly say imo Energizing Dash is not going to work well in the middle of a fight where they can already one shot a frame if you stop moving

Unless they give the Warframe an Invulnerability period like the Operator, 10s of invulnerability seems enough to get out, do some damage and hop back in.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Unless they give the Warframe an Invulnerability period like the Operator, 10s of invulnerability seems enough to get out, do some damage and hop back in.

They (never actually had this issue due to what I use) apparently don't include it with the current operators when doing things like kuva so it's not likely they'll do it now because it could basically break kuva farming but then I wouldn't put it past them doing the invulnerability phase and then realising it's broken a few days/weeks later and removing too....

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Btw, word around says the Zenurik energy bubble will grant an energy regeneration rate of 5e/s over 30s, even if you move out of it. 

Is it me... Or is this a straight buff to Energy Overflow, just demanding a bit of micromanagement every 30 seconds?

Yes, exactly. If I had to guess, people complained that an energy restore imitation would require people to stand around it, and they remembered they don't want us doing that, but they didn't want us perpetually ignoring energy economy, either. Even if it's mostly superficial, having to push a button that says "give me energy" every half minute is still making us do something. This also opens the door to people at least considering other schools, because now one Zenurik player (probably with a DPS caster frame, like Mag or Saryn) can supply the whole squad.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Titania is capped at 1.25 for some reason, Ember and Valk go under 0.85 atm with some hideous builds.

What do you mean? 1.25e/s is 25% of Razorwing's base drain of 5. World on Fire's minimum is 0.75. That corresponds with the 175% efficiency cap. Well, it's not actually an efficiency cap, so much as a "minimum final cost". Your actual efficiency stat can go above 175%, which tends to matter with low duration builds. For example, with 190% efficiency, you could have 40% duration and still reach the minimum 25% drain, as seen with both Streamline and Max Fleeting Expertise. However, this is not very relevant to Zenurik, as Inner Might indeed adds melee channeling efficiency, not ability channeling.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Different traits. 
If not, DE pulled a *bamboozled* on a lot of people, including the streamers.

No, there was just the one, and I don't see where anyone from DE ever claimed it applied to abilities. It's always been melee, according to them. I don't know who started spreading rumours to the contrary. This is like that one news site re-uploading the PoE trailer with a claim that it was coming in the Summer. We should be more careful about misinformation like this.

Inner Might sounds like a node I'd entertain once I've invested enough of my refunded Focus points in the other more attractive Ways (meaning months or years later). Then I might consider going back to Life Strike on my Healing Return builds.

54 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

With a focus on Energy Overflow in the first pass of the devworkshop, we want to give Energizing Dash a formal introduction. Here’s how it works - When you perform a Void Dash as your Operator, an AOE bubble is created, in which you or your allies can pass through its zone to gain 5 energy for up to 30 seconds on the latest build. The bubble may be recreated at any time simply by Void Dashing again, and its energy regeneration may be refreshed if traversed. 

DE, I love you but this is not the "retool" I was expecting. Pretty much Energy Overflow exactly as it was except now we have to void dash as the Operator and then run through a bubble for the energy regen. Not very ingenious. I cringe at the thought of being forced to jog around as the operator in order to use focus abilities.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Correct, 5E/s for 30s looks too OP for me, especially with 4 Zenuriks in Squad, nvm, I rewatch the spot and it was told by Reb, there will be a Cooldown probably.

on prime time it was 5e/s for 30s, if there was a cd, it was rather short

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

And after 30s expires? Question is: Why should I rework something from 4E/s, while most every player is OK with that, into 5E/s?

my guess? they wanted to make it more interactive. not sure why they bumped the the gain up by 1e/s

Just now, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

And after 30s expires? Question is: Why should I rework something from 4E/s, while most every player is OK with that, into 5E/s?

Void Dash again and refesh it.

Or Void Dash before the 30s are up and refresh it.

The 20e/s would not be much on an issue outside Organized play because of PUGs, can you really rely on all PUGs having Zenurik, that specific Focus node maxed and all of them using it near each other and almost at the same time for maximun energy?

You cant. Too unrelyable

Archived