[DE]Rebecca

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

Just WHY is all that comes to mind, if you try spend all your time grinding for an operator that may be good, you may have wasted your time. If you don't however you will be behind everyone else by miles. :(

Its like comparing a player who did little farming credits/resources to one who went hardcore. How dare they be ahead of me!

Seriously.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Its like comparing a player who did little farming credits/resources to one who went hardcore. How dare they be ahead of me!

Seriously.

WHERE IS MY ZENISTAR!

1 hour ago, Jicematoro said:

Real quick!

I ended up checking it anyway, for now it is indeed Ability Channeling Efficiency.

Valkyr just got a lot more endgame viable!

1 minute ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

Valkyr just got a lot more endgame viable!

Nice energy pool you have there...
It would be shame if something eats trough it
latest?cb=20140421083504
*nom, nom, nom*

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

latest?cb=20140421083504
*nom, nom, nom*

Why must you remind me of those cursed beings? =_=

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

OH THANK GOD.

The energy regen from that void dash persists for half a minute, that is a relief. That's at least serviceable.

EDIT: Ability Channelling Efficiency is a really, really, REALLY bad idea, though, as it's going to be a big buff to Warframes that are already considered very strong, and it's gonna be useless to all others. Half the roster doesn't use channelled abilities and they're going to get literally nothing out of that residual.

They really should reconsider some channeled abilities' drain/s. Some have one that's too intense for their worth - Effigy springs to mind instantly - and others have a ridiculously low cost for their effect - World of Fire is a good example. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

latest?cb=20140421083504
*nom, nom, nom*

Yeeeey thank God they also eat through every other channeled ability, regardless of whether it is game breaking or not. 

-.-

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

They really should reconsider some channeled abilities' drain/s. Some have one that's too intense for their worth - Effigy springs to mind instantly - and others have a ridiculously low cost for their effect - World of Fire is a good example. 

Don't you go around spreading heresies about WoF.
Technically if by effect you mean the status and trip of Firequake - I get what you mean. If you brute damage output - no.

PS: Semi joking.

Edited by phoenix1992

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Don't you go around spreading heresies about WoF.
Technically if by effect you mean the status and trip of Firequake - I get what you mean. If you brute damage output - no.

PS: Semi joking.

Quite frankly, it's damage output is worrying enough to, with the right build, completely nullify most gameplay under... Level 40? Don't know, but it's bad enough for a 3e/s to feel very little. Not saying it should be bumped up to 10 like Peacemaker, but 5 or 6 is much more warranted than goddamn 3.

If not that, than add a small extra drain on the augment. Several ones that are deemed "too powerful not to cost more than a simple mod slot" have extra limitations, I think so should this one. 

Of course, this is rather "personal". I have a particular disdain for abilities that make the game a breeze at lower levels but become useless (without augments) at higher ones. Gutting the damage in at least half and then add the now relatively popular "%health damage" mechanic seem to me a good Change for the ability - both limiting its ridiculous damage output at lower levels and increasing it at higher ones. Nerf where you should, buff where you must. Win win. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Quite frankly, it's damage output is worrying enough to, with the right build, completely nullify most gameplay under... Level 40? Don't know, but it's bad enough for a 3e/s to feel very little. Not saying it should be bumped up to 10 like Peacemaker, but 5 or 6 is much more warranted than goddamn 3.

If not that, than add a small extra drain on the augment. Several ones that are deemed "too powerful not to cost more than a simple mod slot" have extra limitations, I think so should this one. 

Of course, this is rather "personal". I have a particular disdain for abilities that make the game a breeze at lower levels but become useless (without augments) at higher ones. Gutting the damage in at least half and then add the now relatively popular "%health damage" mechanic seem to me a good Change for the ability - both limiting its ridiculous damage output at lower levels and increasing it at higher ones. Nerf where you should, buff where you must. Win win. 

Another topic for another time.

• Upvote 4

It's probably *ability* channeling efficiency because the energy regen won't work while channeling, so they figured they needed a separate, in-theme incentive for people who use channeled abilities a lot to use the school?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

It's probably *ability* channeling efficiency because the energy regen won't work while channeling, so they figured they needed a separate, in-theme incentive for people who use channeled abilities a lot to use the school?

Which could be defined as "fine" if there was not the issue with Eff Cap and the fact that there is no more passive Energy Regen.

So a U turn in Zenurik?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

Which could be defined as "fine" if there was not the issue with Eff Cap

That can be removed, or Ignored only by Zenurik's Passive, let's not lose hope here! It's all we have right now.

Edited by Jicematoro

Just now, Jicematoro said:

That can be removed, or Ignored only by Zenurik's Passive, let's not lose hope here!

The thing is...
Since Warframes work with base value of 100%, going up to 200% would mean 0 cost so... kinda problematic. Unless a diminishing return is introduced, which will make the game arguably worse for everyone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

Which could be defined as "fine" if there was not the issue with Eff Cap and the fact that there is no more passive Energy Regen.

So a U turn in Zenurik?

Yeah. In the end, it only further stipulates Zenurik as a base school for anyone invested in power usage - which incidentally, is the vast majority of players. If Zenurik only used to benefit non-channeled power sets - and therefore any Warframe with a "default state channeled ability" like Oberon with Renewal, Ivara with Prowl, Ember with WoF, etc had no use for it (and judging by how several of the frames introduced or reworked following Focus' addition, I even came to think channeled abilities were being used as a subtle response to it). Now... Unless you are already satisfied with your power usage, Zenurik will always be a great choice. 

Btw, word around says the Zenurik energy bubble will grant an energy regeneration rate of 5e/s over 30s, even if you move out of it. 

Is it me... Or is this a straight buff to Energy Overflow, just demanding a bit of micromanagement every 30 seconds? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Is it me... Or is this a straight buff to Energy Overflow, just demanding a bit of micromanagement every 30 seconds? 

Let me look in the future: 

"WE DON'T WANT TO USE CRUTCHES!"
"If I was going to Void dash 24/7 I would just bring energy restores!"
"We demand passive energy regeneration, I don't have time to stop in order to get energy!"

It is a buff, but a buff that you have to manage.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

The thing is...
Since Warframes work with base value of 100%, going up to 200% would mean 0 cost so... kinda problematic. Unless a diminishing return is introduced, which will make the game arguably worse for everyone.

Not necessarily, Say it's 50% Efficiency, if you stop thinking about it as Mod efficiency, and think about it as a 50% of the current drain Instead.

e61073fcfe.jpg

This Titania's Razorwing would Drain 0,625 Energy per second. Just for Reference, here's the build:

994e70dd80.jpg

Now, before anyone screams Broken on this, we don't actually have the Zenurik's Passive percentage, so the numbers here may or may not end up not being inaccurate~

1 minute ago, Jicematoro said:

Not necessarily, Say it's 50% Efficiency, if you stop thinking about it as Mod efficiency, and think about it as a 50% of the current drain Instead.

e61073fcfe.jpg

This Titania's Razorwing would Drain 0,625 Energy per second. Just for Reference, here's the build:

Reveal hidden contents

994e70dd80.jpg

Now, before anyone screams Broken on this, we don't actually have the Zenurik's Passive percentage, so the numbers here may or may not end up not being inaccurate~

So basically, instead of being "+50% energy efficiency", it's "reduce the drain by 50%". 

And people say semantics don't matter. 

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Let me look in the future: 

"WE DON'T WANT TO USE CRUTCHES!"
"If I was going to Void dash 24/7 I would just bring energy restores!"
"We demand passive energy regeneration, I don't have time to stop in order to get energy!"

It is a buff, but a buff that you have to manage.

Mmmmmhhhh flashbacks to vacuum gate? 

I was going to say on my proper answer to @Jicematoro, but I actually like the idea of a natural energy Regen, whose rate is dependent on each frame like the energy pool is. Also, an universal reduction to energy pools and efficiency mods rework.

I know, conversation to another time. 

Edited by tnccs215

4 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

So basically, instead of being "+50% energy efficiency", it's "reduce the drain by 50%". 

And people say semantics don't matter. 

The wording used was "I'm a Mesa main, so having the Channeling Efficiency is like, one of my favourite things, I can't wait for that" so pretty much?

Edited by Jicematoro

4 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Titania is capped at 1.25 for some reason, Ember and Valk go under 0.85 atm with some hideous builds.

Titania is capped at 1.25 for some reason, Ember and Valk go under 0.85 atm with some hideous builds.

Again, get your head out of the cap zone! We don't know what's coming!

Just now, Jicematoro said:

Again, get your head out of the cap zone! We don't know what's coming!

I did not meant that.

I meant that on base mod building, I can't make Titania go under 1.25 energy per second for some reason. But I can go down to 0.85 with Ember and Valk, I was not aware that for some frames there is additional limiter.

As we continue our refresh of Focus, here is a brief update on Zenurik’s development since this Dev Workshop was originally posted.

But! Before we delve into the specific changes to Zenurik, if you wanted to take a closer look at the changes to Madurai and Zenurik’s trees, Rebecca and Megan did just that on last night’s Prime Time:  

Spoiler

Now onto Zenurik: 

• With a focus on Energy Overflow in the first pass of the devworkshop, we want to give Energizing Dash a formal introduction. Here’s how it works - When you perform a Void Dash as your Operator, an AOE bubble is created, in which you or your allies can pass through its zone to gain 5 energy for up to 30 seconds on the latest build. The bubble may be recreated at any time simply by Void Dashing again, and its energy regeneration may be refreshed if traversed. 

For a demonstration of Energizing Dash in action, here’s a clip from last night’s Prime Time:

Spoiler

• The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

As with all things in the final stages of development, these are subject to change. We will keep you in the know as we work backstage. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 14

I did not meant that.

I meant that on base mod building, I can't make Titania go under 1.25 energy per second for some reason. But I can go down to 0.85 with Ember and Valk, I was not aware that for some frames there is additional limiter.

Oh, in that case, yes, There's a hard cap in all channeling abilities because you also get 50% efficiency for every extra 100% Duration.

Also, Valkyr's Drain is like, 3.75 per second when she reaches 100%, and that's only if she reached her efficiency cap, otherwise is SOOOO MUCH WORSE.

Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 6.25 energy, minimum channeling cost to 0.63 energy per second, and maximum channeling cost to 3.75 energy per second.