Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

I cut Ability Range as my build. Maximum default range devastation, no Corrupted Mods, Primed Vigour and Vitality. Both major Augments. I call the loadout Raijin Brawler.

I call that build "weekly Nerf Ember Topic"

Meanwhile I am rolling with Rambo Build with Rush, Range and the other good stuff.

13 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Madurai is also slightly unfitting its description: Its supposed to be about offense and speed, yet it has 2 charging mechanics (Rising Blast and Void Strike, with Void Strike seemingly a MUCH better version of Naramon's Void Stalker, not to mention more fitting for Naramon too)
But yes, Madurai it could be a bit more Warframe-aiding, like the other trees are.

Also, something else: You said Vazarin supports and Unairu protects. From their descriptions, I'd believe that Vazarin should protect (i.e. preventing and/or healing damage of self and others), while Unairu should be about tankiness (i.e. self-durability with a side-sprinkle of team-protection). They seem, at certain areas, a little confused with some role overlap. But, even so, they seem like functional trees at least.

I think Madurai getting the ability to charge up the Blast is okay on its own - after all, there's no tree better than the Destruction tree to have that option in. Even if charging an attack isn't necessarily quick, it can bring about a faster end to the target and end engagements as quickly as they began. You read "swift", I read "uncompromising onslaught".
I say Unairu protects because that's basically the role of a tank. Vazarin, meanwhile, is about restoration as much as protection, and gains fewer abilities that benefit itself.

I do agree that Naramon should be more stealth oriented than Madurai though. It could be as simple as just swapping Void Strike and Void Stalker (as it is more fitting for Naramon to lay in wait), but I think a big distinction would be to have Naramon get Void Strike (on the condition it affects both Operator and Warframe) while Madurai gains a new option in place of it that disables stealth entirely and instead turns Void Mode into a damage-enhancing super mode (while still retaining its invulnerability). It would fit better with Madurai's description of being reckless.

Void Hunter for Naramon should also debuff the affected enemies in some way, so you can set up your next engagement. For instance, marked enemies temporarily lose awareness a la Banshee's Silence, or have their guns blow up in their faces on their next shot. You could potentially free up Executing Dash or Disarming Blast this way and add some new mechanic, like having the Dash actually initiate a Finisher on unaware targets, or having the Blast put the user into free Void Mode for a duration increased by every target hit (ie Shadow Step); right now Void Hunter is underwhelming and, as Shul said on stream, easily replaced by just having Enemy Radar (or Animal Instinct like I put on all of my pets).

Several of the melee-focused benefits for Naramon could simply be swapped out for debuffs to exploit enemy weaknesses, like marking weakpoints, lowering crit/status resistances, or adapting to elemental weaknesses.

Additional thoughts:

Vazarin's Guardian Blast is a little underwhelming at present. It restores a little bit of shielding, but A) we have two frames who don't use shields on top of the Operators themselves, B) almost all of our shield-oriented Warframes are capable of restoring their own and C) shielding is virtually useless to everyone in the middle ground until we get Shield Gating.

It would probably save a lot of trouble to change Zenurik's Inner Might to "chance to restore (pick a number between 1-5) energy on a melee swing". Make it so at best, channeling breaks even.

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

Smacking enemies  with melee because they tripped on Firequeke is... something that will get me banned on the forums.

Doing that with Venka Primes makes everything worthwhile.  Jumping a downed enemy and stabbing them multiples times is just so satisfying.  It's the reason I don't give my Ember P any other melee weapon.  It rates very high in style points.  :D

Just now, Nyaa314 said:

Why is there melee channeling in caster school at all?

Well, DE want to "breathe a bit more life into Channeling". They need to block long needed improvement over huge grindwall in one single Focus school.

Totally reasonable, right?

1 hour ago, Nyaa314 said:

Why is there melee channeling in caster school at all?

It's there to compensate for the loss of consistent energy replenishment and to give zenurik users one less thing to bother levelling up.... until they eventually get round to the channelling rework they're 'discussing' at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Onyxeagle171 said:

new system sounds good (actually useful, unlike the old system), a suggestion would be that changing into operator mode would turn your warframe into a spectre, using your mods and weapons, and you would be able to command the spectre like a normal one. 

The biggest damn issue with the Operator Mode...

Inb4 The Sacrifice will make us able to move the Warframes and...

Holy :poop:, guys the 1,2,3,4 buttons on the Operator are unbinded, maybe those will be commands to tell our frame to use their respective powers!

Word of advice to DE:

You won't even believe how much customers you'll lose by ruining Zenurik's energy regen. Like someone mentioned, it'll destroy the flow for many frames. I know I've spent only 50€ on this game, but I'll boycott paying more just for the sake of it if Zenurik is changed the way it's described now, and will probably get bored and quit eventually anyway. Unless you're severely dropping energy costs for literally anything, to a level like Loki being able to stay permastealthed with just Energy Siphon when you gather the endgame mods

Probably sounding negative, but I think the whole operator system should be ditched for a regular MMO skill tree system. Also, fix the clumsy UI before using time on stuff like this. Stuff like using the tab-button to browse between the active button and an active text field. Being able to to click a name on chat and invite when you're the first player of a squad, instead of having to /inv the first one. I'm sure people have more ideas like this. Would make the game a more fluid experience

Please

Just my two :platinum:

55 minutes ago, Pufomet said:

Word of advice to DE:

You won't even believe how much customers you'll lose by ruining Zenurik's energy regen. Like someone mentioned, it'll destroy the flow for many frames. I know I've spent only 50€ on this game, but I'll boycott paying more just for the sake of it if Zenurik is changed the way it's described now, and will probably get bored and quit eventually anyway. Unless you're severely dropping energy costs for literally anything, to a level like Loki being able to stay permastealthed with just Energy Siphon when you gather the endgame mods

Do you realize how hard you're bottlenecking this update? They are literally changing the game more than they ever have before. They are adding an incredible amount of content to this game and imo improving the focus greatly. I support them 100% and shunning them like this is just disgraceful. Boycotting the biggest update in WF history just because one fragment of it will inconvenience your boring spam builds... Maybe you can finally learn to balance a build and use skill instead of mash a button like a zombie.

15 minutes ago, plinkoo said:

Do you realize how hard you're bottlenecking this update? They are literally changing the game more than they ever have before. They are adding an incredible amount of content to this game and imo improving the focus greatly. I support them 100% and shunning them like this is just disgraceful. Boycotting the biggest update in WF history just because one fragment of it will inconvenience your boring spam builds... Maybe you can finally learn to balance a build and use skill instead of mash a button like a zombie.

Don't get me wrong, and don't get too emotional. I think the new content is amazing too. And the whole game. Should've mentioned the positive thoughts too (which I did on another post I made about this)

I just think nerfing the passive energy regen can be a big game breaker for casual players who don't have an access to EV when they want to play a spam happy setup. And please, all games are about mashing the buttons. If you aim the stuff button mashing produces, so that it hits enemies, you're not a zombie

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Demoonic said:

Please don't make Zenurik's energy regen a deployable, it would completely destroy the flow of the game, making you stop every few seconds to stand inside an area. Just keep energy overflow the way it is currently

I think the video shows that the deployable puts a buff on you that gives 5 energy/sec for 30 seconds once you pass through regardless of whether you're in the bubble or not.

I was highly skeptical of a focus rework, especially when the removal of energy overflow was mentioned, but it seems like the dev team stepped up with this one and made focus much more fun and effective than before. Nice work c:

20 minutes ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

I think the video shows that the deployable puts a buff on you that gives 5 energy/sec for 30 seconds once you pass through regardless of whether you're in the bubble or not.

I was highly skeptical of a focus rework, especially when the removal of energy overflow was mentioned, but it seems like the dev team stepped up with this one and made focus much more fun and effective than before. Nice work c:

That means you have to use it every 30 seconds if you want to keep a constant Flow. Also means you have to hide every 30 seconds to recast if you're afraid of spoiling anyone.

1 hour ago, Jicematoro said:

That means you have to use it every 30 seconds if you want to keep a constant Flow. Also means you have to hide every 30 seconds to recast if you're afraid of spoiling anyone.

depends where you are on the balance of efficiency/enjoyment. old zenurik was efficient but boring, new zenurik requires some upkeep and works better if you can keep it up, but requires something of you other than pressing 5 once and leaving it. as for spoilers, you don't have to tell anyone what it is. Plenty of newcomers saw focus before they knew what it was.

Did I read this correctly:

5 million focus points -- per school -- to just have the capacity to unlock everything in said school. You get absolutely nothing for those 5 million focus points in terms of skills or capabilities.

Yes, I know "ways' exist in Focus 1.0. They are stupid and pointless now. 

DE needs to take a hard look at these values/scaling/proportions. 25 million of anything that serves no purpose other than to be a grind wall is obscene. 

To say nothing about the tens of millions required to unlock and fully rank some very lackluster abilities. 

20 minutes ago, Warhawg01 said:

Did I read this correctly:

5 million focus points -- per school -- to just have the capacity to unlock everything in said school. You get absolutely nothing for those 5 million focus points in terms of skills or capabilities.

Yes, I know "ways' exist in Focus 1.0. They are stupid and pointless now. 

DE needs to take a hard look at these values/scaling/proportions. 25 million of anything that serves no purpose other than to be a grind wall is obscene. 

To say nothing about the tens of millions required to unlock and fully rank some very lackluster abilities. 

This is how I feel. Nothing about this rework makes me want to use Operators or Focus. At least Focus 1.0 gave a really beneficial utility for our Warframes. But this rework? It's neither exciting nor that beneficial to me.

Archived