Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, ThousandLights said:

Ooooor to give us The Choice. Like, to make ultimate sacrifice quest where you choose to be "yourself" yet bounded with Warframe bc you can't w/o each other already or to finally bond gems into one body how Rell did. It would give clear and pretty interesting lore opportunity since it is canonically possible. Removing something entirely never helps bc there always are people who enjoy this, even partially.

I enjoyed ghost operator a lot since Second Dream showed us big bond and link between them, War Within continued it. I wouldn't want my girl to be removed but I would be completely fine if we'd have quest where we actually can BECOME Warframe and leave it as ultimate choice. But probably that's very bold decision and even if it will happens, it will take a lot of time and effort anyway. Plus DE will be forced to balance system for players who choosed "fuse" path. So pretty unlikely, even if it's amazing as concept.

But yeah, must admit, I don't want operators to replace warframes, it's a huge, messy, furious and screaming NO in distance. I stick with link between warframe and operator, it has a lot of reasons. I completely don't stick with idea where operator gets rid of warframe like old toy. That would be a groundbreaking fatality for me. I hope DE still listen our feedback and understand that we are not  those "angry players" constantly, we just have preferences. One of my preferences in Warframe was it's uniqueness bc you are not forced to play human like other games were. You had artficial race of beings some examples of those only remotely remind humans, they can be sentient, they can be wild, but they are different (not exoskeletons or costumes in the way, more like mini-evas, just more smart and with another relationship concept, that's still very rare since many devs seem to be afraid of it) and this whole concept was great. I understand why ppl don't like operators since they partially ruin that uniqueness concept but at least warframes are still main power and plot engine in game. I hope it will remain since it was main reason many of us were charmed by this game.

Sorry, my comment became more my personal rant tham answer, but whatever. 

I just want to be an operator, preferably older, who simply dons his or her suit, I don't want to be either these silly children who zip in and out of the Frame, or merely stuck in a suit permanently(aside from gameplay of course.). I only ever wanted to see kids as NPCs anyway, I didn't actually want to play these frail things, who have to be weakened. Ever since they mentioned Focus long before Second Dream was even a twinkle in the eye, I wanted Focus to work like a sort of super state, not be reliant on the random brats. They could at the very least have the dual relationship where popping out of your Warframe works somewhat like Jojo Stands, and your mobility is not gimped(That swift ghost flying or wafting suggestion for the Tenno operator that someone suggested earlier can work if you want to keep up presentation.). Part of me is still holding out for that with the Warrior Tenno, but its not looking likely.

18 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

Seems promising.

For now, I just have a single request, for Unairu.

Instead of giving it a passive based on armor buff, it'd be more suitable to give it a passive damage reduction. (applied prior to any effective damage to shield, armor &health). Ex: for 100 damage incoming, Unairu would just block X% of that, whatever are the stats of the frame/operator used.

Why that?

- It's unfair to Warframe who have low armor.

- Almost useless on those having high shields (since most of the time, they won't benefit from a passive based on armor).

- It's barely useful on warframe with high armor, since they need a drastically high amount of extra armor to benefit from a noticeable effect of such a buff (above 600-700 armor, the damage reduction gain is lower and lower).

This simple difference would make Unairu on par with the buffs of other schools (otherwise it won't be chosen by many, nay not at all, like currently), and turn it into a very valid option for every frame (each school is made for being equally beneficial on all frames, right?).

Thank you for considering!

I...have to disagree. For -any- higher level endgame, it'd be mandatory. For everything. They need to diversify the schools to make them -all- attractive to players, depending on which playstyle they prefer.

18 minutes ago, GrimR3APER said:

I don't know why everyone is complaining. Focus was a system made for the operator that ended up being passives for our frames. Now when they change it so focus is actually for the operator it's an issue just because you can't use your stupid energy regen passives. People act like that's the way to play the game and that "standing still in a bubble" or near a energy restore is terrible compared to using the stupid passive that didn't even exist a few years ago. If you lived with it before then you can handle it now crybabies, at least there is more you can do with the operator and focus perks. Sure it might not be amazing but everything they rework (in focus 2.0) doesn't have to be as stupidly broken as it was before. The fact that there is no definite "amazing passive"(or any perk) that's required like naramon or zenurik's is GOOD. It means you can freely choose from any of them and get A benefit instead of being S**t out of luck because you didn't choose the only two useful trees.

Or...buff the other schools. Instead of sounding like a salty fishwife. Before isn't now. The game is evolving and developing, it has to. The operator isn't attractive to use for other things than the passives it gives you, or when you're forced to use it for one of their mechanics, which is thankfully rarely atm.

Stealth is by far the strongest individual buff in the entire game, so that was a no-brainer that would be popular...the other is that zenurik was the only source of a steady energy regen to smoothe out a caster playstyle for those who swung that way. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sorry you had to play with rocks and pieces of string in ye olden times when everything ran on water-wheels, but that doesn't mean we can't get good things now...

1 minute ago, Geraion said:

Or...buff the other schools. Instead of sounding like a salty fishwife. Before isn't now. The game is evolving and developing, it has to. The operator isn't attractive to use for other things than the passives it gives you, or when you're forced to use it for one of their mechanics, which is thankfully rarely atm.

Stealth is by far the strongest individual buff in the entire game, so that was a no-brainer that would be popular...the other is that zenurik was the only source of a steady energy regen to smoothe out a caster playstyle for those who swung that way. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sorry you had to play with rocks and pieces of string in ye olden times when everything ran on water-wheels, but that doesn't mean we can't get good things...

Okay, so if the game is taking a step towards its next evolution (the largest in fact) why are you trying to hold it back to the trashy standards of the old focus? The operator isn't supposed to be attractive for normal play. At all. That's why they are making it required and heavily tied to the hunting of old sentient beasties.

Of course the only two useful branches of the focus we have now were obvious choices, but instead of justifying a terrible mechanic, that people didn't want at first but can't let go off now, why not talk about the real issue which is the fact that the game didn't allow you to smoothe out each frames roles in the first place. Instead of saying naramon stealth cheese and absolutely required zenurik energy has nothing wrong with it you wait to see what else the new system brings before calling it a disappointment compared to the original perks.

Rocks and pieces of string, the worst of the worst players in this game are the ones who can't live without all of the now required weapons, mods, and broken focus systems. Show a little respect kid. hah "good things"

8 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Zenurik 

Mesa is going to work, protecting your defense point from hordes of Grineer. Suddenly, your Frame runs out of energy! With no Energy Restores equipp- *record screeching* 

With no what

DE, with all due respect, but are we even playing the same game? There are only two ways someone isn't going to a mission without energy restores: 1)they are new, and are as far from learning about them as they are from learning about focus, or 2) they don't exist, because you removed them. 

Seriously, this might be a game, but we except some level of seriousness. 

this

just make energy overflow innate to all frames and call it done

and universal vacuum

why you don't just make your players happy? 

32 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I just want to be an operator, preferably older, who simply dons his or her suit, I don't want to be either these silly children who zip in and out of the Frame, or merely stuck in a suit permanently(aside from gameplay of course.) I only ever wanted to see kids as NPCs anyway, I didn't actually want to play these frail things, who have to be weakened. Ever since they mentioned focused long before second dream was even a twinkle in the eye, I wanted Focus to work like a sort of super state, not be reliant on the random brats. They could at the very least have the dual relationship where popping out of your Warframe works somewhat like Jojo Stands, and your mobility is not gimped. Part of me is still holding out for that with the Warrior Tenno, but its not looking likely.

Tenno are old as **ck. Problem that's DE don't show them properly, phrases are old and dialogues are messy. I hope PoE will fix this eventually. Operators just should look young, not be young inside. Sigh. As I said before, I'm fine with different conceptions ppl choose, but I would be glad if DE would provide a choice. Ghost operator with rare blinks of appearance, combat operator with full integration or Warframe is Tenno thing. That would be fair. but that would ask full gameplay change and splitting further lines in 3 so yeah.

Changing age would be fine option tbh since Tenno clearly spend time out of cryo and should change, this way or another. Maybe in future events? People ask for this long ago. At least we should have 20+ versions too, I can believe that Void made them age much slower, being young adult would ideally fit. Plus, just for sake of common sense, all children of Zariman physically couldn't be in same age. There should be younger and older ones (they still can relate to young category since legit adults of Zariman gone mad), bc they all stucked in different age look bc it's normal thing to suppose so. Even 2-4 years would make sense. I know we can make them "appear" older, and I successfully "gave" to my girl 2-3 years by just changing her makeup, but we all know it's no more than placebo effect.

Well it was in beta an subject to change i guess, im not as far into focus as most ppl so tbh the changes dont bother me in the slightest, will reserve either my well done nod or big lolz till i actually see an play it for myself.

I'll say one thing though, it will need to be special since well im here to warframe

2 hours ago, RiouHotaru said:

This entire thread is full of complaining and whining and it is hilarious.

I can't wait for DE to change focus honestly.  It was a really dumb system that didn't anything but double-tapping 5 and nothing else.

Also, if you're worried about mobility and the Operator powers?  Don't use them.

Nothing, read, nothing keeps you from playing without these systems.  We had good builds and energy efficient builds before Focus came along.  If you have builds that are dependent on having a certain Focus School, then you're already in trouble.

You don't have to use these.  Rebecca's scenarios are just ideas on how you could use these new schools and powers, but they aren't hard and fast.

Learn to adapt.

This entire statement could be rendered as "Hey it doesn't matter if the Focus rework isn't good and Operator mode isn't fun. After all, these things aren't mandatory, so they don't have to be good. Who cares."

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dev Workshop: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

Honorable Tenno,

Focus means Spoilers - read no further if you haven't completed The Second Dream!

It's been almost two years since we released the first version of Focus. Focus comes as a system unlocked upon completion of 'The Second Dream'. After answering a series of questions from The Lotus, you (the Operator) chose a Focus school and began your journey through a series of Passives that you needed to unlock all the while earning the Focus points to do so. Then came The War Within, where your Operator became playable with a few abilities meant mainly to help you earn Kuva and participate in Quests.

The core purpose of this rework is to shift the goals of the Focus system, from supplementing Warframes towards making your Operator more combat-ready. This means that there will be more of a balance between Passives and Actives under Focus 2.0.

Let's start with some very important facts about all your accrued Focus Points and installed Lenses:

1. All installed Lenses have been removed and returned to your inventory. You should give yourself time to study the new system before you reinstall them.
  2. All spent Focus Points have been returned so you can respec your skill trees.
  3. There are Focus Lenses (1.25% Affinity Conversion), Greater Focus Lenses (1.75% Affinity Conversion), and now (name not final) Eidolon/Ostron Lenses (2.25% Affinity Conversion) Blueprints for this last category—requiring multiple Greater Lenses to craft—will be awarded through the Plains of Eidolon Bounty System.

Now we shall talk Passives, Residuals, and Actives.

Actives in their current form on the public build are at the behest of a 100 HP pool for the Operator. The Active and Passive Focus paths in Focus 2.0 aim to increase your Operator’s survivability and to give you the option to approach combat with added Operator support and armaments. Only a few encounters will necessitate this and as the game and feedback grows we will develop accordingly.  

As far as the Focus Schools themselves, we have clearcut the trees of the old system and are rebuilding entirely new ability paths. We are also including cross-Focus nodes you can unlock within different trees!

Many benefits of the new Focus trees are linked to the activation of the Operator or Operator Abilities (Void Dash, Void Blast, Void Mode).

If you remember anything from this point on, remember this: everything is subject to change!

A case study for each school will follow, and each will offer a partial example of what's to come. This will not be a node-by-node breakdown as it may change too much between now and release. What this shows you is a single possibility - what you end up doing will depend on what you discover as you read the node changes on release.

Naramon:

We will go over an example of a new Naramon combat scenario:

Your Banshee is under heavy Corpus fire - a barrage of Supra projectiles are coming toward you. As a Naramon Tenno, you engage Transference and enter Operator Mode and Void Blast an enemy with a Disarming Blast. Your beam has a high chance to disarm all enemies unlucky enough to be caught in its path! You return to your Warframe and make quick work of the now weaponless enemies.

Next, take a look at what we're calling the 'Residual' nodes of Focus 2.0:

• Residual Starting Node: Affinity Spike. A Residual effect that grants you more affinity on Melee Kills. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Melee Damage: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more damage on Melee Kills. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Zenurik:

Firstly - 'What about Energy Overflow'? On the public build Energy Overflow worked passively for a single player, and we are experimenting with an active, more powerful party-wide buff. Focus 2.0 currently has a placeable party-wide energy buff in Zenurik that stacks with other Zenurik users - think of it like an area-of-effect energy restore consumable that Void Dashing can create. We will follow up in the Update notes about other areas of Energy gain.

We will go over an example of a new Zenurik combat scenario:

Your Mesa is going to work, protecting your defense point from hordes of Grineer. Suddenly, your Frame runs out of energy! With no Energy Restores equipped you quickly switch to your Operator and Void Dash onto your objective.This creates a bubble where you land in which you and your teammates can charge up quickly to 'Make some Peace'.

• Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Channeling Efficiency: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Unairu:

We will go over an example of a new Unairu combat scenario:

Your Atlas is rocking out on a mobile defense mission, when suddenly you a nasty Nox comes your way! Switching to your Operator, you Void Dash through the enemy, sundering some of his armor and crippling his damage output. You remain in Void Mode near your teammates to grant them invisibility as they deal with the enemy from the safety of the shadows.

• Residual Starting Node: Mirror Flare. A Residual effect that Reflects damage back at attackers. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Armor Buff: A Residual effect that grants an Armor increase for Warframes and Operators. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Madurai:

We will go over an example of a new Madurai combat scenario:

Loki—alone in the Plains—is doing as he pleases. He decides to play a bit of a trick on some Grineer Tusk units he detects nearby. By slipping into Transference his operator cloaks himself ; each second spent cloaked significantly increases the damage of the next attack. After enough sneaking, the Operator fires and the Grineer are no more.

• Residual Starting Node: Phoenix Talons. A Residual effect that grants you an increased Physical Damage. Once you activate the Operator for the first time(i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Phoenix Spirit: A Residual effect that grants you increased Elemental Damage. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Vazarin:

We will go over an example of a new Vazarin combat scenario:

Your Rhino is strong, and together with the Saryn in your squad you're pummeling droves of enemies in a Survival mission. Time marches forth and so it goes, your body count climbing higher and higher. As you check out your HUD you see Saryn is taking heavy damage. With impeccable agility, you begin Transference and Void Dash through her to grant complete immunity to damage for a limited time. When you return to your Rhino, you Stomp, and the killing continues. So it goes.

• Residual Starting Node: Mending Unity. A Residual effect that grants you an increased Affinity Radius. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Mending Soul: A Residual effect that grants you instant Revives for your allies. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Cross-Focus Unlocks

For players who delve deep into their focus trees, two passive nodes from each tree can be made “universal” once maxed! For a substantial Focus cost, these passives become available regardless of the school you are using. One can only truly “complete” a Focus tree by exploring all 5 of the Tenno ways!

But there is also NEW - all the above examples don't include the coming Weaponry and Arcane-like Enhancements your Operators are getting when they become true 'Eidolon Hunters'.

Thank you for reading almost 4 pages - if you made it this far I salute you!

Cheers.

There are brand new things coming. We will cover these in detail in the Update notes - the suspense continues!

1) What happened to the cooldowns?

2) This is all very fine and all, but have you guys polished operator movements and activation to make them less jarring? Going into and out of your operator right now is really abrupt and stops you in your tracks. The scenarios detailed will be for nothing if that hasn't been touched.

3) What stops the operators being one shot as soon as they step out? You can see this in kuva floods and even siphon missions atm where you get immediately shunted back into your warframe because the enemies are balanced around damaging warframes and operators have no health pools to speak of. How am I supposed to void blast those supra bullets away if i get killed first? On the note of kuva missions, if 2 guardianss are working in tandem, it's possible to stunlock your operator and warframe until they kill you. Has this been addressed?

4) I was expecting some way to interlace warframes and operators attacking in tandem with combos. Can you guys put in something like the warframes acting like spectres while you are in operator mode to provide cover or fire support?

Overall to echo an earlier comment, I am a bit underwhelmed be it because more details are forthcoming or whatnot. It seems like the tree passives were ripped from warframes and put into operator activation. If its a sledgehammer, I'm not seeing the blows- I was expecting some radical changes.

I will wait for more info from you guys. Hopefully you have more up your sleeves, and the operator weapon system will synergise with this and make it amazing.

Lastly, how are you guys planning to stop new players being spoiled by our focus abilities? I suggest making operators appear wraithlike or indistinct ghost shapes to them.

Not a fan of this change at all because it still has the same problem all MMO's have when they go down this type of path. It encourages a meta and creates discrimination in team based play and compositions. Resulting in people feeling useless to the care and development they've put into thier characters.

We need a universal system that all players can switch to on the fly. Dont set them into 1 pathway and just assume all will be rosey. It never is...

3 hours ago, RiouHotaru said:

This entire thread is full of complaining and whining and it is hilarious.

I can't wait for DE to change focus honestly.  It was a really dumb system that didn't anything but double-tapping 5 and nothing else.

You're right, but...

3 hours ago, RiouHotaru said:

Also, if you're worried about mobility and the Operator powers?  Don't use them.

...this is about the most stupid statement you could have made. This thread is for gathering feedback and thoughts on the changes. If people don't voice their worries and concerns how can DE address them? 

3 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

You're right, but...

...this is about the most stupid statement you could have made. This thread is for gathering feedback and thoughts on the changes. If people don't voice their worries and concerns how can DE address them? 

As a player who has played for four years and not really used focus pretty much at all, I don't really care one way or another how focus is changed what I do care about is the redundancy of a Operator that is so less practical to use because of how it's powers are done so much better by a creation that is so much stronger and better in so many ways. My fear also is that we will be forced to use them if we want to or not to do missions. I would rather see them as an option to use or not use no matter what mission we are doing.

28 minutes ago, GrimR3APER said:

Okay, so if the game is taking a step towards its next evolution

evolution? this is just big map(not even as big actually), with some dynamic events, with one additional boss fight, with all very familiar mechanics from every MMO out there

evolution? Destiny 2 have big maps so should we too, it's just copypasting

evolution? they just going to ruin all current builds and not resolve any real problems that this game have like absence of endgame content and tons of unfinished and broken stuff like archwing, lunaro, rivens, operators(that just bug i believe), spying, kuva farming,raids, companions

this "evolution" will turn out like kuva fortress tileset that nobody plays cos there no reasons to go there

Just now, Atekron said:

evolution? this is just big map(not even as big actually), with some dynamic events, with one additional boss fight, with all very familiar mechanics from every MMO out there

evolution? Destiny 2 have big maps so should we too, it's just copypasting

evolution? they just going to ruin all current builds and not resolve any real problems that this game have like absence of endgame content and tons of unfinished and broken stuff like archwing, lunaro, rivens, operators(that just bug i believe), spying, kuva farming,raids, companions

this "evolution" will turn out like kuva fortress tileset that nobody plays cos there no reasons to go there

You obviously don't know what this game is if you can't see how big a change this new update will be. You're wasting your breath, or I suppose, energy typing. Sure it's not new for the gaming world,  BUT THIS IS WARFRAME! IT'S-A CORRIDOR SHOOTER!!! Adding a giant open world with procedural events and new forms of resource gathering along with rewards and A FREAKING MONSTER HUNT IS A HUGE EVOLUTION.

Don't list everything like it means nothing. Remember what forum you're on kid because reading that post of yours made me feel stupid. It's an outstanding change from the norm and it's an evolution by all means.

• Sure there are some systems that could use more tweaking
  • Please don't call this copy paste from destiny of all the horse sh*t out there (they don't own 'open world')
  • People didn't stick with the fortress tileset because it was just that, another tileset with a gimmick game mode
  • Don't whine about "current builds". If you NEED to have a focus skill that was broken since its implementation to play the game, you're already screwed

2 hours ago, Sebith said:

I think in general this game is too fast for ideas like stationary energy regen or void dash to save someone. In very intensive missions *there is so much chaos around that i don't know what's going on and what suddenly one-shooted me on full health.* No time to predict or react. Right now with this current speed, where everyone run around the map jumping and killing, if someone start to take heavy damage he's dead before you even think about helping him. Even if you save him from dying, in a moment he will be dead anyway since damage is simply too high for him. So, either your fine or your dead - that's the problem here. There is nothing between, because everything happen too fast and damage of higher level enemies is too much. In the game with infinite revives, it's easier to just let someone die and pick him up with full health.

If the game speed would be slower by... let's say 20% (and of course balanced around it), maybe then will be place for these cool actions like saving someone from massive damage in last moment, spotting a bombard that just walk in and avoid his missile, watching that cool polearm combo moves etc...

* those are words of a new player i talked with

I'd rather the game not be slowed down, and these steps don't sound fun or fluid either anyway. 

I think the system has potential but it will need a lot, and I mean a HUGE LOT of feedback from sane and honest players and a HUGE LOT of good will from DE to listen.

2 things that are not impossible to achieve but will probably take at least a month.

Some things seem ok on paper and could be a disaster in game, and some ideas may sound shameful but be very very effective.

I join the choir of who wants to know if operator movements and animations has been changed.

He'll need a roll or an evasive move that is not tied to power and a hard cover system (like Gears of war and Uncharted or DARK SECTOR!!!)

7 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

b) hop in, hop out, there's no time to stay in Operator mode in heated combat when my frame will die from the crossfire.

This is what I think DE is actually going for as the intended use of operator mode, and everything mentioned in the dev workshop supports that. The current operator is by no means meant to stay active for any extended period of time (with the exception of quests). You are supposed to use it to assist in kuva farming, doing things like disarming the guardians and then returning to your frame to finish them off or quickly taking the moment to destroy the kuva cloud before returning to the fray. With operator 2.0 it seems like this is still going to be the main use, as is shown with the various case studies in the workshop. You get out, you use an ability and then you return to your frame shortly after and return to normal gameplay.

15 minutes ago, GrimR3APER said:

You obviously don't know what this game is if you can't see how big a change this new update will be. You're wasting your breath, or I suppose, energy typing. Sure it's not new for the gaming world,  BUT THIS IS WARFRAME! IT'S-A CORRIDOR SHOOTER!!! Adding a giant open world with procedural events and new forms of resource gathering along with rewards and A FREAKING MONSTER HUNT IS A HUGE EVOLUTION.

dude, you overhyped, calm down, stop repeating words from Tennocon and dev streams

it just big map, one more social hub, couple more new unfinished and unneserry mechanics, more f****** operator stuff and months without updates

it's not giant, it's definitely not Monster Hunter

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's been almost two years since we released the first version of Focus

wut........

HOW?!?!?!?

How has it actually been almost two years? It cant be that long? It can't!!!!

I remember it coming out only a year ago at most....

9 minutes ago, jzillacon said:

This is what I think DE is actually going for as the intended use of operator mode, and everything mentioned in the dev workshop supports that. The current operator is by no means meant to stay active for any extended period of time (with the exception of quests). You are supposed to use it to assist in kuva farming, doing things like disarming the guardians and then returning to your frame to finish them off or quickly taking the moment to destroy the kuva cloud before returning to the fray. With operator 2.0 it seems like this is still going to be the main use, as is shown with the various case studies in the workshop. You get out, you use an ability and then you return to your frame shortly after and return to normal gameplay.

Except for, you know,  the scenarios Rebecca menitioned.  Saying its intended that you stay as a Tenno for a short time, is also missing the point, the fact that you won't have time to even do that much, is the point people are making. This is also counter to the original Focus where you didn't have to go into operator mode to get buffs, you just held 5. They are actually making it so you have to spend more time as the operator with this setup, particularly that cloaking ability or that energy bubble nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, jzillacon said:

As with the squishy War Within Operator and related Kuva Siphon gamemode that accompanied its introduction, this was the conclusion I came to as well.

But, now that Focus is being reworked to place heavy emphasis on Operator mode, one would assume that DE wants us to bring the kid out a little longer than a few seconds to make the most use out of the perks of Focus 2.0... they are even trying to improve Operator survivability with Universal Passives and perhaps the Arcanes as well.

In a firefight, a split second is all it takes to down your frame unless you are playing frames with special survival skills (Limbo, Inaros, Nidus come to mind), and with how clunky and disorienting hopping into and out of Operator mode can be, you're asking to bleed out when you press 5. I'd like to enjoy these new features for more than a blink of an eye, so the devs will have to figure out something to shield our helpless frames while we go young Warrior on our enemies.

5 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Except for, you know,  the scenarios Rebecca menitioned.  Saying its intended that you stay as a Tenno for a short time, is also missing the point, the fact that you won't have time to even do that much, is the point people are making. This is also counter to the original Focus where you didn't have to go into operator mode to get buffs, you just held 5. They are actually making it so you have to spend more time as the operator with this setup, particularly that cloaking ability or that energy bubble nonsense. 

The scenarios mentioned, with the exception of madauri which is meant to be something you do before initiating combat and unairu which is actively stealthing your team and thus protecting yourself as well, show a sequence of events that honestly can be done faster than I can reload my soma. If you're saying that you don't even have enough time for a reload I think there are more important problems at play. As for comparing it to the old operator, DE explicitly mentions that they want to encourage more active play styles. That's why frames like saryn, mag, mesa, ash etc. get nerfed like they do. Pressing one button to get your rewards forever is exactly what DE is trying to avoid with the new focus system. 

40 minutes ago, GrimR3APER said:

Please don't call this copy paste from destiny of all the horse sh*t out there (they don't own 'open world')

I don't said that Destiny own "open world", I said that DE trow out their "kingpin system"(which was also heavily inspired by Shadow War) and jump on "open world" train clearly as response to Destiny 2

Archived