Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

So, hang on a second. There were, like, ten Operator Passives. Now we know that DE regard a decent Focus point investment for one Passive to be three million Focus points, plus one million to unbind it and allow you to use it with another School.

Suppose I wanted to have five of those Passives unlocked, and I wasn't even trying to use anything else in the Focus system, I just wanted some passives for my Operator. That's twenty million Focus. The new Focus cap is 250k. That means that to get that twenty million Focus, I would need to max out my daily Focus points every day for eighty days. That's five Operator passives. That's not even one half of one full Focus Tree, it's only half of the Operator Passives, and it requires capping your entire Focus for eighty days. 

You recall that brief exchange earlier in the thread, where I said that it kinda doesn't matter if Focus 2.0 is amazing and perfectly fixes everything, if you have to grind for several years just to get access to it? Yeah. Well. That's what we're getting. Jesus. And there are people complaining about the Daily Login system!

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Suppose I wanted to have five of those Passives unlocked, and I wasn't even trying to use anything else in the Focus system, I just wanted some passives for my Operator. That's twenty million Focus. The new Focus cap is 250k. That means that to get that twenty million Focus, I would need to max out my daily Focus points every day for eighty days. That's five Operator passives. That's not even one half of one full Focus Tree, it's only half of the Operator Passives, and it requires capping your entire Focus for eighty days. 

Technically they did warn that the numbers are still in progress.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Technically they did warn that the numbers are still in progress.

They showed to the Dev build having preloaded their Focus Schools with forty five million points each.

We may not be dealing with a realistic set of expectations here, basically.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

They showed to the Dev build having preloaded their Focus Schools with forty five million points each.

We may not be dealing with a realistic set of expectations here, basically.

As I mentioned a post earlier, I was forbidden to even consider such high numbers, but I did remember that while Reb was putting points into something it was around 250k per trait.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It will have many effects depending on the tree...

They used the Dash while earthbound, didnt try any crazy moves like: going up and then passing over enemies, didnt chain the dashes...

They showed only Madurai and Zenurik, so we are in the dark about the other 3.

But what I can I say is... decent. Looks promissing.

So no changes to the core mechanic (having to crouch and go into Void Mode before Void Dashing)?

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

If you are fan of Void Dashing, there is a lot to cover, catch a recap on Youtube. 

I'm not a fan of the current Void Dash, where you have to crouch (thereby going into Void Mode) before Void Dashing.

EDIT: Went back and looked at the Prime Time video, and it looks like we can in fact Void Dash without going into Void Mode. When Rebecca went into Operator Mode, it looked like she immediately Void Dashed without crouching into Void Mode. That's a very, very good change.

Hi DE,

A good Idea that seems to have a lot of support on the council when i proposed it, was to make the focus exp bar representative of the daily limit instead of the currently random bar that has no meaning.
A simple change but would have great quality of life applications and would be a good idea to introduce if a focus rework is being done.

Sincerely,
Loyal Member of the Design Council

Recap to all I missed while I was at my workplace!

Operator seems more mobile, I can't quite tell if they run faster now, but it does seem like they're at least bearable now, getting there, not quite yet tho. Good Enough.

Zenurik's new Passive! Still not a fan. Don't get me wrong, I love Valkyr, Ivara and Mesa, this technically benefits me like crazy, what I don't love is...

• I gotta turn the ability on every 30 or so seconds, sure, I'm maybe getting more energy now, but I'd rather get less and keep it going passively forever.
  • On pubs, instead of hiding (You know, because spoilers) once, Turning on Zenurik and returning to the battlefield, I'll have to hide multiple times and perform a Dash (Which, you know, makes hiding a little harder) if I want to keep the energy flowing... Or I can stop giving a feck about spoiling people on Pubs I guess.
  • The change is so minimal it's more so a nuissance than it is a Balance, so I can't even give them credit for it.
  • I WILL ADMIT THO. It looks leagues better than what was teased at the OP, and I'm pretty sure they patched it before showing it off, if that's the case, I truly appreciate it, means they actually bothered to read the feedback, even if I'm not happy with the end results, it's good to know we weren't just ignored.

I would love to know if the Ability (Not Melee) Channeling Efficiency that was teased gets over the Cap.

Like, if I already reached Mesa's Peacemaker Minimum Drain without Zenurik, would Zenurik reduce consumption even further? Can Valkyr's Hysteria be close to bearable again?!

Or is it just a way to use Channeling abilities for longer without needing to invest in efficiency?

And one more thing! Is it just me, or did Megan's Void Dashes seem shorter than usual?

23 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

And one more thing! Is it just me, or did Megan's Void Dashes seem shorter than usual?

They did, but I just did some dashing in simulacrum and if facing the ground you dash short instead of reflecting up like bullet jump, may have been the same thing. I don't remember, was she looking up when dashing?

Just now, Kinetos said:

They did, but I just did some dashing in simulacrum and if facing the ground you dash short instead of reflecting up like bullet jump, may have been the same thing. I don't remember, was she looking up when dashing?

She did seem like she was looking down-ish for most of it, and the plains are also full of hills , so I guess that could be the case? She did it so often is hard to tell tho.

43 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

I would love to know if the Ability (Not Melee) Channeling Efficiency that was teased gets over the Cap.

Like, if I already reached Mesa's Peacemaker Minimum Drain without Zenurik, would Zenurik reduce consumption even further? Can Valkyr's Hysteria be close to bearable again?

I was confused about this and can't find any hard info on it.... it still says melee on the first page.

Did they change the melee channeling efficiency to channelled power efficiency...?!!

If so....     I'm good with that.

Like...   seriously. That's an acceptable passive. 

I even find the energy dash bubble to be totally acceptable.

If I can find confirmation on this, I'm good.

Just now, (Xbox One)INe Saninus said:

I was confused about this and can't find any hard info on it.... it still says melee on the first page.

Did they change the melee channeling efficiency to channelled power efficiency...?!!

If I can find confirmation on this I'm good.

I'd like to tell you that I know for sure, but it's one of those things that was mentioned vaguely, and I haven't actually analyzed the Prime Time Frame by Frame.

Just now, (Xbox One)INe Saninus said:

If I can find confirmation on this, I'm good.

It's probably cannot exceed 75% cap, so...

54 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Like, if I already reached Mesa's Peacemaker Minimum Drain without Zenurik, would Zenurik reduce consumption even further? Can Valkyr's Hysteria be close to bearable again?!

Or is it just a way to use Channeling abilities for longer without needing to invest in efficiency?

That's what I want to know too.  It's going to be the first thing I test when it comes out.  

8 minutes ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

Wait they changed it from Melee channelling efficiency to ability channelling efficiency? When did that happen?

They casually mentioned it on Prime Time today/yesterday

But I'm too sleepy and lazy to carefully analyze their every word right now, and they may or may not have mixed Ability and Melee Channeling there.

IMPORTANT: If they didn't, it's supposed to be ABILITY CHANNELING EFFICIENCY.

That means using Trinity's Blessing at 100% efficiency will still cost a 100 Energy, but Valkyr's Hysteria at 100% efficiency would drain energy as if you had a 150% efficiency (If the 50% is still right)

4 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Not quite! You only get the Operator Passives, Ergo, you only get the passives that give the operator Health, Energy, Armor, etc.

how are these :

• Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Channeling Efficiency: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission;

Operator passives?!

10 minutes ago, alergiclaprosti said:

how are these :

• Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
  • Residual: Channeling Efficiency: A Residual effect that grants you up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission;

Operator passives?!

Those are Residuals only available if you're running the School.

You can't use Zenurik's Residual (That seems to now, after Prime Time, be 50% Ability Channeling Efficiency) if you're running a Naramon Operator. Even if you unlocked it (You can't Unbind it).

But you can use Zenurik's Passive (That increases the Energy pool of your Operator) while on Naramon if you unlock and unbind it.

Archived