Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, tnccs215 said:

But the option is there. That's the thing. Energy pads are so shockingly cheap to produce that their cost per unit, on most cases, justifies spamming. 

One cannot pretend it does not allow that just because it isn't convenient for their point. 

I'm completely fine with spamming them, I usually do with power hungry frames. It's quite easy to keep a massive stock of them, which is why I was wondering why something that costs exponentially more resources to get (operator bubble with 5 energy per second) is WORSE than the energy pads

4 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

But the option is there. That's the thing. Energy pads are so shockingly cheap to produce that their cost per unit, on most cases, justifies spamming. 

One cannot pretend it does not allow that just because it isn't convenient for their point. 

CRUNCHES *forum memes itensfie*

In all seriousness just having couple of pads on hand + Simulator (with riven, don't roll eyes) is usually more than enough to fill my spammy spam builds, and it does it a lot faster than one would assume.

But then again I don't overlook the kills per minute statistic, a lot of people flat out ignore energy drops and draw the "but RNG card", and it is starting to erg me really bad.

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

This is so damn true its sad...

Specially the "demand" part.

One of the things of Channeling is both how much energy it consumes per hit and how much it changes melee.

As of right now, 99.9% of the weapons have the same energy and channeling multiplier of 5e/h and 1,5x with only the Furax Wraith as the exception comming to mind using a 1,8x.

And Channeling Mods are not viewed as good with the exception of Life Strike.

AKA: we dont have much incentive to actually use Channeling Mods or channeling itself outside of recovering HP.

I miss my Galatine having a boosted Channeling damage innately after the change over from its improved charge attacks. :satisfied:

Huh, sudden revelation on my part as I scrutinized the schools for the 13th release day. As a Naramoni Operator, I'm quite happy about the melee bonus. . . but, my melee consists of throwing weapons and gublades.

Will I have to get close to threats and beat them to death with my boomerangs or bayonets, or can I step back and get an extra boost for my "marksmanship"? Just making sure.

• Zenurik
  •  
  • Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Can someone explain this to , its not plained very well. Are these radial energy pickups things that charge over me and we like pancakes? Or are we going to be able to move around while we regen energy. If  can't move then will they give us back the ability to gain energy while our toggles are active again like it used to be?

Is it just me, or does it feel like Vazarin branch 5 should be Unairu's? :\

Vazarin:

3 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Enduring Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator health pool
Rejuvenating Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Operator regenerates health every second

Unairu:

Branch 5: 
Void Shadow (4 ranks) - Void Mode grants invisibility to allies within range
Void Chrysalis (4 ranks) - While you channel Void Mode, invisible allies within range gain mitigation

4 minutes ago, Vorcov said:

Branch 5 Vazarin is the WAYBOUND passives, in Unairu that's Branch 4

Branch 4 (WAY-BOUND):
Basilisk Scales (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator armor
Basilisk Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Blast effect radius

Vazarin = HP, Unairu = Armor, makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Ev1dentFir31 said:
  • Zenurik
  •  
  • Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Can someone explain this to , its not plained very well. Are these radial energy pickups things that charge over me and we like pancakes? Or are we going to be able to move around while we regen energy. If  can't move then will they give us back the ability to gain energy while our toggles are active again like it used to be?

That one is now scrapped. The new one is noted by Archwizard several posts above yours.

Starting node (RESIDUAL):  
Energy Pulse (6 ranks) - Energy Orbs grant a percentage of bonus energy over (inversely affected) time

In the livestream today and yesterday on Warframe's Twitch channel, these were the development build stats:

Energy Orbs grant 50% more energy over 5 seconds. This means you get 25 x 50% = 12.5 / 5 sec = 2.5 energy per second for 5 seconds from picking up an Energy Orb (and yes, you can keep moving and shooting).

4 minutes ago, Vorcov said:

Don't worry about the numbering scheme, I should probably change that to be less confusing. I was just basing it off of the positions of the branches, which means virtually nothing.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

With such insane costs like 1mil to unbind, is the actual farming changing? Or is it still just generic affinity farming with a lens on?

It was warned at the stream start that the numbers are changing from build to build.

And In all fairness if the unbinding paths are the "true end point", I can kinda see a point of them needing 4 days of grind for unbinding (new daily cap is 250k)

On 9/29/2017 at 3:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

YES! YES! YES! 

YES! YES! 

YES! 

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

25 minutes ago, Vorcov said:

Vazarin:

Unairu:

It has to do with the fact that the Way-bound branch on Unairu is armor based. Unairu's branch in your example is for Void mode, which Vazarin has it's own void mode branch.

11 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

I did not meant that.

I meant that on base mod building, I can't make Titania go under 1.25 energy per second for some reason. But I can go down to 0.85 with Ember and Valk, I was not aware that for some frames there is additional limiter.

That is because titanias razerwing is base 5 per second, 25% of that is 1.25. Whereas ember is 3 and valkyr is 2.5 before it ramps up.

IE lowest drain for ember is 3*0.25=0.75 and valkyr is 2.5*0.25=0.625 or 3.75 after the cost ramps up.

1 minute ago, Yato3 said:

What about the old operator clothes?! I payed a lot of platinum to get them😰. Or it will be transforming to armor when the update releases?

Stats on armor will be by slotting arcanes, we will be able to use the old stuff. 

9 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Dude, thats 150 energy, and the other passive allows us to get 37,5 energy per Energy Orb (25 at once and 50% of it over 5s), this will only bother if you spam like no tommorrow or wants your energy topped at all damn times.

Yes, I want my energy topped. Some of my builds have 100% Efficiency and base energy. That means 1-1,5 ultimate abilities at the time.

9 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Took some notes on each of the Focus trees, so here you go:

• Each tree will require 100 capacity from the focus "Pool" up top in order to cap out, which took about 5 million focus to do, excluding the costs of nodes
  • Each tree has 2 "Residuals", one of which is always the starting node, the other will be a single-node branch
    • Residuals are proc effects that are activated by entering Operator mode or using your Operator ability, and remain active for the remainder of the mission
    • Residual nodes are hexagonal
  • Each tree has branches for the Void Dash, Blast (melee) and Mode (stealth crouch), respectively
    • These nodes will increase the energy cost of affected abilities in addition to the bonuses provided
    • Nodes on these branches are circular and are unlocked with the War Within
  • Each tree has a branch with two "Way-bound" nodes 
    • Way-bound nodes are Operator passives that, as their capstone rank, can be "unbound" to use with any Focus school active
    • Capping (or "unbinding") the final rank of each Way-bound effect requires a "Brilliant Eidolon Shard" to unlock, in addition to 1 million Focus
    • Way-bound nodes are also hexagonal
  • Once unlocked, individual nodes of the tree can be deactivated at no additional cost
  • Unlocking nodes will no longer increase the cooldown of your Operator ability
  • Transitioning to/from your Operator occurs more quickly, and Operators will inherit momentum from your Warframe if you switch mid-parkour
    • Operators can now slide and have new death animations
    • Ability energy is now separated from the Void Beam ammo, and features a new UI element
  • Amp weapons for your Operator affect the beam attack, and can apparently be ranked up; no other information is provided
  • Some of the passives available in the previous iteration of Focus will be available as Arcanes (although which have not been specified - here's hoping for Shadow Step)
  • I didn't provide the growth values, because all provided values are subject to change

NARAMON

Reveal hidden contents

Affinity Spike (6 ranks) - Increased Affinity from Melee kills

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Power Spike (4 ranks) - Increased melee damage

Branch 2:
Executing Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash opens them to finishers and increases finisher damage taken
Surging Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash base damage and damage radius (ie width) are increased

Branch 3:
Disorienting Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Confuse enemies (a la Mind Spike, Chaos, Irradiating Disarm)
Disarming Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Disarm enemies (a la Radial Disarm, Nyx's passive)

Branch 4:
Void Stalker (4 ranks) - Entering Void Mode increases melee Crit Chance (stacks a la Point Strike) over 5 sec, but this bonus diminishes over 20 sec upon exiting Void Mode
Void Hunter (4 ranks) - Enemies within range can be seen through walls while in Void Mode (a la Zenith)

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Mind Step (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator movement speed (including slide speed)
Mind Sprint (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Dash travel distance

VAZARIN

Reveal hidden contents

Mending Unity (4 ranks) - Increases Affinity range

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Mending Soul (4 ranks) - The next X revives after activating Operator will be instantaneous

Branch 2:
Protective Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash grants damage immunity to allies it passes through (including the user)
Sonic Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash releases a traveling shockwave that stuns enemies

Branch 3:
Guardian Shell (6 ranks) - Void Blast can be charged to create a barrier that drains Operator energy when struck, instead of health
Guardian Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast restores a flat amount of shields to allies struck

Branch 4:
Void Regen (4 ranks) - Void Mode periodically heals the user while active
Void Aegis (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits a protective barrier that grows to a maximum size over 5 sec

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Enduring Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator health pool
Rejuvenating Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Operator regenerates health every second

UNAIRU

Reveal hidden contents

Mirror Flare (6 ranks) - Passively reflects a percentage of taken back to attackers

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Stone Skin (4 ranks) - Operator and Warframe armor are increased (stacks a la Steel Fiber)

Branch 2:
Sundering Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce armor of enemies it passes through
Crippling Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce damage dealt by enemies it passes through

Branch 3:
Magnetic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast places a personal Bullet Attractor on enemies struck for a limited period
Unairu Wisp (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to summon a Wisp that can be picked up by allies to increase their Operator damage dealt

Branch 4: 
Void Shadow (4 ranks) - Void Mode grants invisibility to allies within range
Void Chrysalis (4 ranks) - While you channel Void Mode, invisible allies within range gain mitigation

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Basilisk Scales (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator armor
Basilisk Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Blast effect radius

ZENURIK

Reveal hidden contents

Energy Pulse (6 ranks) - Energy Orbs grant a percentage of bonus energy over (inversely affected) time

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Inner Might (6 ranks) - Increased Channeling efficiency on melee attacks

Branch 2:
Energizing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves behind a zone that grants an energy regeneration buff to allies who pass through it (a la the armor buff from Hallowed Ground) for 30 sec; players can stack the effects of multiple Zenurik users' zones at once
Lightning Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash creates ball lightning that travels slowly and zaps nearby enemies

Branch 3:
Temporal Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast slows enemies for a period
Voltaic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast chains to nearby enemies for increased damage

Branch 4:
Void Static (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits an electrical pulse on activation that deals Electrical damage in a radius
Void Singularity (4 ranks) - Void Mode pulls enemies within range towards the Operator while active

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Void Siphon (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy regeneration
Void Flow (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy capacity

MADURAI

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix Talons (4 ranks) - Increases all Physical damage dealt

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Phoenix Spirit (4 ranks) - Increases all Elemental damage dealt

Branch 2:
Blazing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves a trail of fire (a la Nezha) that deals Heat damage over time
Meteoric Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash deals a flat amount of additional damage to enemies

Branch 3:
Flame Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast shoots a Fireball that explodes after a delay period, dealing a multiple of the initial Blast's damage
Rising Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast's base damage increases, and it can be charged for additional damage

Branch 4:
Void Radiance (4 ranks) - Temporarily Blinds enemies within range after leaving Void Mode
Void Strike (6 ranks) - Void Mode generates a buff to your Operator's next damaging attack outside of the cloak, which stacks for every second that the Operator was cloaked

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND): 
Inner Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp ammo capacity
Eternal Gaze (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp reload speed

Thanks for the extensive display! (You're doing DE's job though *coughcough*)

Most of it looks interesting, enough to make me wanna max em all out. At least all of the Waybound effects look well designed, imo.

As for some of their designchoices, there is one thing I really don't agreed with at all:

• These nodes will increase the energy cost of affected abilities in addition to the bonuses provided

Sorry, but nope nope nope! This can make the "upgrade" into an actual downgrade. A clear example would Naramon's Void Stalker, which increases your melee crit chance (like if we needed more?). But it also brings a HEFTY penalty to energycost for remaining in Void Mode (which, if I know DE correctly, will drain extra energy even if you are at full Void Stalker charge, right?). Meaning, yeah, you might become briefly better at meleeing, but your invisibility-potential when using Naramon will, ironically to its style, become greatly shortened.

So yeah, remove all the energycost-penalties on the Operator-abilities, please.

53 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

(You're doing DE's job though *coughcough*)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

55 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

As for some of their designchoices, there is one thing I really don't agreed with at all:

Sorry, but nope nope nope! This can make the "upgrade" into an actual downgrade.

Honestly, this is something I'm slightly more okay with, since we do have the option to disable nodes we've invested in; if you want the lite version, you are not bound to the heavy version. Increasing the energy cost is infinitely better than the current system of increasing the cooldown while still offering side-grades ("reduced length but increased arc") and traps ("95% chance to inflict Viral and Magnetic procs") within the tree - everything listed is purely a buff.

But... I do have several issues with the way the tree is presented regardless.

For instance:

Naramon seems a little bloated on what it actually wishes to accomplish - affinity gains, melee buffs, crit buffs, movement speed and crowd control all fall under its portfolio. All of the trees can be (primarily) summed up with one goal: Madurai destroys, Vazarin supports, Unairu protects and Zenurik casts. Naramon is harder to pin down; at best you could tie it back to how all of the skills are melee oriented, although A) the Operator can't really benefit from such skills and B) it doesn't seem to fit with Naramon's goal of "observing enemy weaknesses" as much as Madurai's "destroy everything".

Madurai provides very little incentive to swap back and forth between the Operator and Warframe. You have a bunch of Operator-specific damage buffs, and then two Residuals that impact the Warframe - so your playstyle is either entirely sufficient within the Operator, or a buff to your Warframe you can fire once and forget for the rest of the mission. Compare this to Zenurik's energy spheres, Unairu's debuffs, Vazarin's situational protection, or even the finishers Naramon can provoke.

No comments have been made towards our Second Dream Operator abilities (such as if any changes have been made to them baseline - otherwise what's new about Naramon getting a Confuse chance on the Blast when it can already do that with the ability), or how much of the tree a player who hasn't seen War Within yet is going to be able to work with without having Operator Mode. They still unlock the tree with Second Dream, right? What are they supposed to do with that lens until then, if they can't see more than 2 nodes?

Is it going to be any easier for us to get lenses in PoE? They haven't been "common" Sortie drops since the Fusion rework, and with a new (more expensive) level of lens on the way...

This may be a silly question,but I think I've confused myself :-)

Where does the function gained after The Second Dream fit in to this? By that I mean the hold key and operator floats out shooting his/her beams of whatever(sorry, can't remember if it has a name - this may be my problem, right there thinking about it). The streams I've seen just show the transition to Operator as can be used after The War Within.

2 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Thanks for the extensive display! (You're doing DE's job though *coughcough*)

Most of it looks interesting, enough to make me wanna max em all out. At least all of the Waybound effects look well designed, imo.

Sorry, but nope nope nope! This can make the "upgrade" into an actual downgrade. A clear example would Naramon's Void Stalker, which increases your melee crit chance (like if we needed more?). But it also brings a HEFTY penalty to energycost for remaining in Void Mode (which, if I know DE correctly, will drain extra energy even if you are at full Void Stalker charge, right?). Meaning, yeah, you might become briefly better at meleeing, but your invisibility-potential when using Naramon will, ironically to its style, become greatly shortened.

So yeah, remove all the energycost-penalties on the Operator-abilities, please.

A part of that is irreversibly tied to the fundamental mechanical philosophy of Warframe, which is basically a zero sum game. For every gain, a slap. For every step forward, half a step back. Always something to make you think 'Damn, this is almost great.'

It's intentional, in other words. I think it comes from Scott.

EDIT: Also, everyone with Naramon just joined Club Covert Lethality.

According to the views of the Bounty Board on Cetus during Prime Time and Guest Streamer streams in the Dev build the Eidolon len bp were a random reward for doing the highest level Bounty on the board. Also Gara part blueprints were a random reward for completing Bounties.

Archived