Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, Pufomet said:

ruining Zenurik's energy regen

It's a buff. No waiting at the start of the mission, and faster regen. All you have to do is enter the bubble once to receive a persistent 30 second buff. It also works for the whole squad, and stacks with each person that uses it. By the time you could even start using a minimum cooldown Energy Overflow, you will have received up to 825 energy from Energizing Dash. Why are you mad? Because you don't want to press 5 more than twice per mission?

32 minutes ago, Warhawg01 said:

5 million focus points -- per school -- to just have the capacity to unlock everything in said school.

No. The capacity to keep every ability in that school active at the same time. You can unlock as much as you want, and the capacity for your favourite, say, half of the tree will be considerably cheaper than the latter half. It's not as bad as it sounds, unless you really absolutely must use the entire school at once or you'll die (to which I can only say...no). Maxing out the school will be expensive, sure, but you don't need to max it out in order to get a lot of use out of it.

I'm really more concerned about needing over 10 million across all schools, plus 10 rare Teralyst drops (probably, IDK for sure) in order to unbind the operator passives that enhance their stats. But even that is workable.

I never understand all this hard feeling and complaining* about loosing this "energy overflow" buff thing. I'm a high ability user but i never used zenurik. Mods have always been there for power efficiency. I've always managed perfectly well. I have perm inviz loki. I have and ember running 250% damage 75% efficiency. Yes i carry pizza just in case I come across a batch of eximus mobs but that's never a big deal. It's called power management! What is the point of infinite energy? It just take away half the challenge of the game, an if there is no challenge because you've made it to easy what's the point of playing at all it would just get boring real fast. just play the game. Enjoy the game in all its glory. AND STOP THIS COMPLAINING*! p.s. i did try stronger language but it got bleeped out lol. (*female canines) I'm no noob 1555 hours played and counting. I've seen a lot of changes as the game has evolved. Some took time to adjust to but ultimately the whole just gets better and better. Good work Devs. 

53 minutes ago, WaylanderG said:

challenge of the game

If you take a look at available mission types and rewards (or lack thereof in capture and exterminate) you'll see that warframe operates on "how many 5 minute increments does a player need to spend ingame to get a shiny X", not on "how more challenging does mission A have to be over mission B so shiny X is more shiny than shiny Y".

Turns out my builds work just fine without zenurik at all. However, DE is forgetting first command of game design: "thou shalt not try to 'balance' OP abilities by making them inconvenient to use".

It's definatly a preference thing. I never used zenurik it so i won't miss it, but having seen new focus on streams i will be exploring new possibilities in game. One thing i will NOT do is complain about something that i may find "inconvenient" just because it's not exactly what i want. We should shape ourselves to fit the world we're given, not try to change the world to suit our selfish self serving whims. As great man once said "survival of the most adaptable". As for those that complain about flow of the game, I'm guessing they are the same people that run void capture and exterminate missions at full throttle and start exit timer without caring that others may not have yet found all their reactant. But i digress "adapt or die" is name or the game. I just know that in another 3 years ill still be here and loving it!

On 10/6/2017 at 6:41 PM, PsiWarp said:

That one is now scrapped. The new one is noted by Archwizard several posts above yours.

In the livestream today and yesterday on Warframe's Twitch channel, these were the development build stats:

Energy Orbs grant 50% more energy over 5 seconds. This means you get 25 x 50% = 12.5 / 5 sec = 2.5 energy per second for 5 seconds from picking up an Energy Orb (and yes, you can keep moving and shooting).

I hope it doesn't rely on energy orbs completely because then the idea of what Zenurik is would ruined for me. But I'm gonna keep quite and give honest feedback after I test he new system 😛

Anyway, back to the topic of feedback.

I withdraw my complaints about Operator movement! My favourite Focus tree upgrades their speed, they can ground slide, transitions are faster, they inherit momentum from Warframe bullet jumps, and they can Void Dash more. Ok. More than ok. Great!

There's still that weirdness about the Void Stalker branch of Naramon, where levelling it up actively makes Void Mode less useful, but fine. It's a pretty useless mode and there are other things to work on. It's basically harmless.

I think the Focus costs are pretty inflated, and mandate cheesy Focus farming rather than a gentler, more fun, more natural playing style, but that's been the case ever since DE decided they didn't want passive Focus gain to be a thing and started playing Nerf-A-Mole with the various strategies for gaining Focus. It's not good. It's not going away. Fine.

My one remaining bit of feedback is the statement that it will be utterly bizarre to say "Operators are warriors now," without updating their dialogue options. Come on DE. It's been two years. It's time.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I withdraw my complaints about Operator movement! My favourite Focus tree upgrades their speed, they can ground slide, transitions are faster, they inherit momentum from Warframe bullet jumps, and they can Void Dash more. Ok. More than ok. Great!

Now we must adress the issue of Warframe slides.

The Operator movements look more... organic than the Warframes, we need better animations for them.

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

My one remaining bit of feedback is the statement that it will be utterly bizarre to say "Operators are warriors now," without updating their dialogue options. Come on DE. It's been two years. It's time.

Dynamic changes? After TSD its a dialog set, after TWW its another?

I still wish Lotus would stop forgetting what a Kuva Siphon is... Maybe we should make her a "grandma"?

2 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

According to the splash page when it was launched, it is coming this week. Monday is unlikely, but Tuesdays are their normal patch days.

More like Thursday or Friday if they are willing to work on the weekend for fixes.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

More like Thursday or Friday if they are willing to work on the weekend for fixes.

Then earlier in the week would make more sense for them to deploy. The following couple of days are going to need all hands on deck to catch anything that goes wrong, so launching it right on the edge of the weekend?

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

but they did say full focous is getting plains out so ill keep my hopes up for tommorow but at the same time not really

DE, please, allow us to put and removed lenses on items as we wants and give us 5 focus lenses slots on each item (1 of each school. Choosing the active lens for this items in the arsenal). For example, actually, when we loved a rifle weapon playing a lot by us, and put a lens on it, we can't removed this lens if a new rifle is released and put this lens on it if we need cause we wants plays more this weapon than the other. In the same way, actually, if we loved to play a weapon, and need to makes the points of each focus schools without weapon changing, we need to have 5 of this weapon, each with a different school-lens. So please, read my post ;)

EDIT for loadouts : a lens selected in a loadout is locked for this loadout, so, for example, this allow you to creates a loadout with all items with Madurai lenses selected, and an other loadout with the same items but with all of this items with Naramon lenses selected.

EDIT for other reasons : if you allow us to put and removed lenses as we wants, we can, for example, removed a normal lens for create a superior lens in the foundry. And, for the last reason, if we have a lens equiped on an item, we lost it if we put an other lens on it.

Archived