Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

For the record for this to hold appeal to the mass it has to have unique reward systems.
For the record the mass hates to be "forced" into content.

Unless the rewards benefit the Operator only.

And maybe Relics. Never have enough Relics.

1 minute ago, Kinetos said:

50,000 focus points to a random school? 

Maybe not so much...

10.000 is good thought, depending on difficulty it can raise, make it like Syndicate missions: those points dont count in the daily cap... but that cant be just it, sooner or latter the cap will be reached and the excess points used for nothing.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

For the record people have been salty about PvP only rewards (cosmetic rewards), Primes, Mods, Arcanes and what's not since forever.

YAGpXPd.png

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Maybe not so much...

10.000 is good thought, depending on difficulty it can raise, make it like Syndicate missions: those points dont count in the daily cap... but that cant be just it, sooner or latter the cap will be reached and the excess points used for nothing.

YAGpXPd.png

Now if the said "hypothetical" operator missions drop Kuva, Nitain and Forma BP's I would most likely run them.
As long as they are not "exclusive to time periods".

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Maybe not so much...

YAGpXPd.png

Like a "Tenshin Training" mission,with each type of mission giving a certain amount of focus to different schools

Unairu:Defense

Madurai:Exterminate

Vazarin:Rescue

Naramon:Spy

Zenurik:Capture

3 hours ago, letir said:

Tools are bad when developers don't fix root of the problem and instead feed players with additional (mandatory) "temporal solutions".

Like adding Drfiting Contact and Body Count instead of simple Melee Counter fix.

Or adding some mandatory armor to make your paper-thin operator actually viable in mid-game.

It's Power Creep.

When players ask: "Please, fix insane armor scaling" and DE answers: "Shure, just take this Corrosive Projection Aura" - this is band-aid solution.

Okay so you'd rather the developers just flat out buff them instead? Lame. When the community in THAT timeline starts going: "he DE any plans on adding some cool armor or weapons for these operator characters you've added?" They will be told: "Nope sorry guys lol. We wanted to do that but decided that just making the lame base operators have decent stats would be better. We think it'd be a band-aid to add all new customization, focus reworks, gameplay elements, and story to the operators in cetus and that's just not what we think you'd want."

Sure some S#&$ like the &#! mods that cover up bad systems are Band-Aids, but the whole operator system was never intended to replace your damn Warframe. Don't *@##$ about your 5'6 stick kid not being able to take on military clones, techno merchants, and infested zombie monsters at lvl30. Just wait for the update to come out, WAIT FOR THOSE UNSHOWN ARMOR, WEAPON, AND ARCANE SYSTEMS TO BE REVEALED, before you *@##$ about it being a band-aid. I'd take this band-aid over a S#&$ty stat boost any day.

Okay so here's my um queries and suggestions regarding focus 2.0 and operator mode

well first off I like most of where this is going so far. I follow zenurik and i see a lot of people worried about it but Looking at the new mechanics I am overall satisfied. its a bit of a loss from having to regularly reactivate the energy regen to having it passive but having it share with allies is also worthwhile.

all these powers focus solely on the operator mode. not the focus burst ghost operator power. are these base powers being utterly removed? I mean as a Zenurik user my weird stasis pulses arent the most powerful focus ability. but I do still find use for them in incapacitating part of a crowd in a pinch. and ofcourse Madurai deeply loves it's Unibeam as it should.

technically the gap between second dream and war within isnt big but it also depends on how fast players progress. now the passives are mentioned to activate when focus is used but what form focus use takes has not been mentioned. nor are the original core focus abiltities listed on the focus trees I've seen in devstreams and primetimes.

I mean I agree that the passives especially should be operated easily with operator mode. and that focus should be operator-mode oriented, don't misunderstand me.

but the original focus bursts were also useful abilities in a pinch in their own right. though abilties that were discouraged by the use of the passives. people ignored the features not tied to the passives to get the passives out faster. but freed up from that as we will be. I think ghost operator focus powers will have use for most players as a sort of panic button power. even without the various tree-related upgrades and just the core ability itself.

Then another big question and one I think is the biggest concern for many players. Operators and affinity. currently operator mode discourages its own use by being incapable of gaining affinity from any source. even objective affinity and Focus pickups. which means operator mode isnt even any good for furthering its own power. this has not been covered yet either and sorely needs to be addressed.

I think kill affinity should drop straight into focus affinity at the very least. at an equivelancy rating equal to a greater lens or maybe eidolon lens or maybe more. and objective affinity maybe split half between warframe and equipment like usual and focus affinity. as some of us like completing spy vaults in operator mode when our frame is.. less then subtle. and doing spy vaults in operator mode for express focus farming seems perhaps a little much. but then on the whole an exp farm with lenses equipped would yield more focus then spy vaults with operators anyway.. so I suppose full operator mode exp directly to focus would make more sense.. and as operator equipment is mentioned to be arcane-like in mechanics they wont need affinity either. but having operator mode wasting all affinity is an issue especially as it would make the most sense to use one's operator to farm the affinity that makes them stronger. affinity should go to the equipped focus school so lenses will be needed to unlock other schools naturally. and ofcourse farming 40 minutes on akkad in operator mode would be much harder then farming it with a lens'd mesa so the affinity methods somewhat balance out. and allow for variation in focus farming.

Lastly my final request is to allow more then one accessory be worn together As they stand none of them would cause any real severe clipping issues when equipped together and some combinations would actually look quite epic for excample dual occulus and occular sensors actually sit together well enough to combine into very odd but still credible looking glasses. and many other accessories dont even sit on the same part of the face. such as the diadems and the eyepieces. and the earpieces.

for that I reccomend 2-3 accessory slots. you could devide them based on part of the face they affect as we do have three distinct zones. ears, eyes and forehead. but honestly I would just let people mix and match as they please. some people will combine them in fun ways. like the shadava and satyri diadems worn over the Sofren diadem would create a very crown-like result and we know people would have way too much fun with that.

anyway that's all~

45 minutes ago, GrimR3APER said:

Okay so you'd rather the developers just flat out buff them instead? Lame. When the community in THAT timeline starts going: "he DE any plans on adding some cool armor or weapons for these operator characters you've added?" They will be told: "Nope sorry guys lol. We wanted to do that but decided that just making the lame base operators have decent stats would be better. We think it'd be a band-aid to add all new customization, focus reworks, gameplay elements, and story to the operators in cetus and that's just not what we think you'd want."

Sure some S#&$ like the &#! mods that cover up bad systems are Band-Aids, but the whole operator system was never intended to replace your damn Warframe. Don't *@##$ about your 5'6 stick kid not being able to take on military clones, techno merchants, and infested zombie monsters at lvl30. Just wait for the update to come out, WAIT FOR THOSE UNSHOWN ARMOR, WEAPON, AND ARCANE SYSTEMS TO BE REVEALED, before you *@##$ about it being a band-aid. I'd take this band-aid over a S#&$ty stat boost any day.

Doesn't have to be either or. The base could be buffed a little and have customization stuff to unlock to go the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, Horonelius said:

Maybe we will get lucky and 100% of affinity earned while playing AS the operator will go to our current school.

... That could actually be a thing.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Precisely not at all. DE have made their position clear.

officeannoyed.gif

29 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

officeannoyed.gif

You may frown, but DE said the same thing before the War Within, and all the dialogue recorded was quest and environmental, only. No update to Operator mission speech.

By now, DE's position is clear. This is what the Operator voice pool is. It is never going to be updated, at least not within the next couple of years.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You may frown, but DE said the same thing before the War Within, and all the dialogue recorded was quest and environmental, only. No update to Operator mission speech.

By now, DE's position is clear. This is what the Operator voice pool is. It is never going to be updated, at least not within the next couple of years.

Could we at the least get some more hair options, if I'm gonna fight as the operator more I wanna do it in style q.q

13 minutes ago, ExtraTerramanndo said:

Could we at the least get some more hair options, if I'm gonna fight as the operator more I wanna do it in style q.q

Dunno mate. I keep my Operator with a buzz cut, pale skin, black lips and membranes, facial implants as opposed to jewellery. I went for the full 'zombie drone pilot supersoldier' aesthetic.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)INe Saninus said:

The only percentage they could stick on channeling efficiency to make it an attractive option is 100%.

100% efficiency.

...and even then you'd have to think about it.

This is something like "Remove Channeling". If u don't like Channeling mods just don't used them. There is around 90% mods in Mod inventory nobody cares about so why Channeling mods? Or u just want the Profit from them without any sacrifice?

On 10/6/2017 at 3:28 PM, Archwizard said:

NARAMON

Reveal hidden contents

Starting node (RESIDUAL):
Affinity Spike (6 ranks) - Increased Affinity from Melee kills

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Power Spike (4 ranks) - Increased melee damage

Branch 2:
Executing Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash opens them to finishers and increases finisher damage taken
Surging Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash base damage and damage radius (ie width) are increased

Branch 3:
Disorienting Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Confuse enemies (a la Mind Spike, Chaos, Irradiating Disarm)
Disarming Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Disarm enemies (a la Radial Disarm, Nyx's passive)

Branch 4:
Void Stalker (4 ranks) - Entering Void Mode increases melee Crit Chance (stacks a la Point Strike) over 5 sec, but this bonus diminishes over 20 sec upon exiting Void Mode
Void Hunter (4 ranks) - Enemies within range can be seen through walls while in Void Mode (a la Zenith)

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Mind Step (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator movement speed (including slide speed)
Mind Sprint (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Dash travel distance

VAZARIN

Reveal hidden contents

Mending Unity (4 ranks) - Increases Affinity range

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Mending Soul (4 ranks) - The next X revives after activating Operator will be instantaneous

Branch 2:
Protective Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash grants damage immunity to allies it passes through (including the user)
Sonic Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash releases a traveling shockwave that stuns enemies

Branch 3:
Guardian Shell (6 ranks) - Void Blast can be charged to create a barrier that drains Operator energy when struck, instead of health
Guardian Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast restores a flat amount of shields to allies struck

Branch 4:
Void Regen (4 ranks) - Void Mode periodically heals the user while active
Void Aegis (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits a protective barrier that grows to a maximum size over 5 sec

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Enduring Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator health pool
Rejuvenating Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Operator regenerates health every second

UNAIRU

Reveal hidden contents

Mirror Flare (6 ranks) - Passively reflects a percentage of taken back to attackers

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Stone Skin (4 ranks) - Operator and Warframe armor are increased (stacks a la Steel Fiber)

Branch 2:
Sundering Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce armor of enemies it passes through
Crippling Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce damage dealt by enemies it passes through

Branch 3:
Magnetic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast places a personal Bullet Attractor on enemies struck for a limited period
Unairu Wisp (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to summon a Wisp that can be picked up by allies to increase their Operator damage dealt

Branch 4: 
Void Shadow (4 ranks) - Void Mode grants invisibility to allies within range
Void Chrysalis (4 ranks) - While you channel Void Mode, invisible allies within range gain mitigation

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Basilisk Scales (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator armor
Basilisk Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Blast effect radius

ZENURIK

Reveal hidden contents

Energy Pulse (6 ranks) - Energy Orbs grant a percentage of bonus energy over (inversely affected) time

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Inner Might (6 ranks) - Increased Channeling efficiency on melee attacks

Branch 2:
Energizing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves behind a zone that grants an energy regeneration buff to allies who pass through it (a la the armor buff from Hallowed Ground) for 30 sec; players can stack the effects of multiple Zenurik users' zones at once
Lightning Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash creates ball lightning that travels slowly and zaps nearby enemies

Branch 3:
Temporal Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast slows enemies for a period
Voltaic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast chains to nearby enemies for increased damage

Branch 4:
Void Static (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits electrical pulses throughout the duration that deal Electrical damage in a radius
Void Singularity (4 ranks) - Void Mode pulls enemies within range towards the Operator while active

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Void Siphon (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy regeneration
Void Flow (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy capacity

MADURAI

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix Talons (4 ranks) - Increases all Physical damage dealt

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Phoenix Spirit (4 ranks) - Increases all Elemental damage dealt

Branch 2:
Blazing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves a trail of fire (a la Nezha) that deals Heat damage over time
Meteoric Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash deals a flat amount of additional damage to enemies

Branch 3:
Flame Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast shoots a Fireball that explodes after a delay period, dealing a multiple of the initial Blast's damage
Rising Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast's base damage increases, and it can be charged for additional damage

Branch 4:
Void Radiance (4 ranks) - Temporarily Blinds enemies within range after leaving Void Mode
Void Strike (6 ranks) - Void Mode generates a buff to your Operator's next damaging attack outside of the cloak, which stacks for every second that the Operator was cloaked

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND): 
Inner Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp ammo capacity
Eternal Gaze (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp reload speed

There's been some pretty heavy discussion here and on Reddit, so I'd just like to discuss a few thoughts on these trees real quick.

NARAMON

Gonna start this off right now by admitting that I picked Naramon straight out of the gate with Second Dream, and I've put the most into it of any tree. The idea of a pragmatic tree that observes the enemy to find their weaknesses appealed to me. So, this is the tree that I most focus on in the rework, because it feels like the farthest from what I signed up for.

Having Naramon be so heavily melee-focused makes very little sense. While I understand that melee is the core component of dealing stealth finishers, the fact that that's where the tree starts and ends means it fails to fully grasp being the "rogue" tree; nothing in the current tree benefits stealth, just building up critical melee finishers. Naramon is built around being cautious, locating and exploiting enemy weaknesses. It should be the tree that lays in wait, strikes out, then returns to the shadows.

• Affinity Spike: It would be more fitting to have it increase the value of the Stealth Multiplier on Affinity gains, rather than just melee. While I grant that standard melee is more applicable to most missions, the rest of the Naramon kit should amplify the opportunity for the user to receive and build the Stealth Multiplier. (Besides, having one tree be able to level considerably faster seems a bit stilted, and it's one of the only residuals that cannot apply to the Operator.)
  • Power Spike: Have it increase the damage dealt by Finishers, Headshots, and attacks on natural Weakpoints (like the backs of Bursas), instead of just melee damage. The point of the tree is to exploit the enemy's weaknesses.
    • Perhaps a rename to... Vulnerability Spike?
    • Failing that, perhaps increase critical chance instead of melee damage, as was done by Tactical Strike. If "Tactical Spike" isn't too on the nose...
  • Disorienting Blast: This attack in particular has the issue that confusion and mind control effects, while well-intentioned, can ruin stealth runs by compelling your new friend to break your cover.
    Instead, I recommend that Disorienting Blast be changed into a threat drop skill: alerted targets have a chance (100% at max rank) to be concussed so badly that they forget that you're even there and are unable to be alerted by any means for a duration (like Rest, or a super-version of Silence). An awareness reset which can re-enable a stealth run. Killing an afflicted target should guarantee a Stealth Multiplier, even if everyone around them is alerted; this of course would be key to maintaining Affinity Spike.
    • Perhaps a rename to... Knockout Blast?
  • Disarming Blast: Naramon doesn't need two CC effects applied by the same skill. Instead, I suggest to replace this one with - 
    Shadow Blast: Void Blast puts the Operator into a free Void Mode for up to X sec per enemy hit. This effect is broken the next time the Operator deals damage. 
    Not only does this synergize with the above changes to Disorienting Blast (essentially allowing your Operator to "Smoke Bomb" out of situations) and bring back some classical Shadow Step action, but it simply makes sense that the stealth tree spend the most time in stealth, and gain abilities to reduce the energy spent on stealth. And, of course, this allows for unique interactions with the Void Mode tree itself...
    • If there really must be a Disarm effect in Naramon's kit, it would be more intuitive to include it as a Dash effect considering it's what you need in order to disarm Kuva Guardians, and it would be a good way to spread the disarm over ranged enemies as you fly over. 
  • Void Stalker: I recommend dropping this for Madurai's Void Strike. If the idea is for Naramon to be more cautious and observant, then building up to strike the target at their most vulnerable moment makes the most sense and influences player behavior to exactly where Naramon should be.
  • Void Hunter: Simply marking the enemy to be seen through walls isn't enough to justify picking this up; you could get an equally effective version of this from any Enemy Radar effect such as Animal Instinct.
    I propose that, in addition to its current effect, Void Hunter should also generate weak points on targets who remain within marking range of Void Hunter for 5 seconds. This piggybacks off of Void Stalker, not only waiting until you are at your strongest point, but particularly for the moment when the opponent is at their weakest.
    • Alternately, it could increase the targets' vulnerability to critical hits.

The only thing this tree would be missing is the ability to actually execute Finishers... which leaves a space for the Warframe to check in, outside of wartime. The Operator should, at best, be setup.

VAZARIN

Surprisingly, I don't actually too much to say about this tree. While I understand that a lot of people see some grey areas between Vazarin and Unairu, you have to keep in mind what each tree was made to do: Unairu is meant to tank hits in order to reflect them back at the target, which they can't do by avoiding hits like Vazarin does; meanwhile, Vazarin is supposed to be more like Oberon, slowing down incoming hits on allies in order to buy time to recover from them.

My only concern with this tree is Guardian Blast. We have two Warframes (not to mention all of our Operators) that can't benefit from shield-restoration effects; the only shield-focused frame who can't innately regenerate their own shields is Volt; and most of the frames between the two extremes find shields to be useless anyway without shield-gating.
I would honestly recommend having Guardian Blast restore some health to the target, on top of the shields.
That, or put some type of shield-agnostic barrier on the target to absorb hits, so that even Nidus can have a chance to regen. Of course, Vazarin is built to stall attacks to healable levels... but its actual direct-healing seems to be relegating to either waiting for others to cap out Rejuvenating Tides, or for Mending Tides to come off cooldown. If Void Regen isn't going to extend to nearby allies, then having Guardian Blast solve the task of healing just kills two birds with one stone.

UNAIRU

Remember what I was saying about it back in Vazarin? Unairu has a few issues actually provoking hits, primarily because it is avoiding them.

• Sundering Dash: I recommend this also reduce the target's shields on top of the armor reduction, in order to increase the number of factions this one is usable against.
  • Crippling Dash: Have this effect reduce enemy accuracy while active instead of damage. Between Mirror Flare and Magnetic Blast, Unairu wants enemies to keep their damage high so that they'll kill themselves faster. Reduced accuracy would still mean reduced incoming damage, without interfering with Magnetic Blast.
  • Unairu Wisp: Admittedly, this one I am confused by. I understand that "Outlast the Enemy" means both bolstering your defenses while increasing the damage your foe receives, but the straight damage boost seems like it would fit better in Madurai; meanwhile, just like the aforementioned issue with Vazarin, Unairu needs the ability to restore itself in order to actually capitalize on all the damage reduction it gets. I recommend Unairu Wisp grant some type of life-leech effect, either on top or in lieu of the damage boost. Perhaps something along the lines of "heal X% health upon slaying a target while the wisp is active".
  • Void Shadow: This is one of those areas where I understand the aforementioned confusion with Vazarin, since Unairu's Void Mode abilities put the player in a supportive position rather than a proactive one.
    As I said before, Unairu is about tanking hits in order to reflect them back at the target. Unfortunately, you're not going to be reflecting any attacks if you're invisible, especially if you're pawning attackers off onto your allies. So, for Unairu, I recommend replacing Void Shadow with an option to drop stealth from Unairu entirely -
    Void Glare: Entering Void Mode no longer grants invisibility to the Operator. Instead, allies within X meters transfer their threat to the Operator so long as Void Mode is active. (That or just make a conventional taunt effect.)
    Now, effectively this is the same as the current effect (making allies invisible), but while still leaving enemies to attack the guy who has complete immunity and damage reflection.
  • Void Chrysalis: Given that Void Shadow is no longer around to put allies into stealth, Chrysalis should simply grant damage reduction to allies in range, regardless of whether they're invisible or not (since they're effectively invisible next to Unairu anyway).
    Honestly it didn't make a lot of sense for Chrysalis to be phrased the way it was anyway. It was the only node to near-reference another by limiting itself to invisible targets, which doesn't help much if you can disable nodes, and other Operators are immune to damage in Void Mode anyway.
    (Unless I misunderstood before and disabling one node disables everything after, which seems frustratingly unnecessary.)

And I'm sure the question from a lot of players it going to be "What about Magnetic Blast?"
You have to keep in mind that, if the point of drawing fire in the first place is to Reflect damage anyway, then ultimately the act of causing enemies to shoot themselves in the face regardless isn't a case of avoiding the damage, but is rather a matter of briefly skipping the middle-man (you).
You get no benefit from being shot; the point of the tree is that, out of your entire team, it's better that the guy giving himself damage reflection and multiplied armor is taking the hit rather than the Loki. It would still be better if the enemy was getting shot instead, which is the literal point of the damage reduction. It's supposed to work in conjunction with Vazarin; Unairu says "shoot me, I dares ya", Vazarin says "don't kill that guy".

ZENURIK

Another one where I have, surprisingly, little to say about this. Most of the tree actually fits together pretty well between its crowd control and capitalizing on its damage output.

Now, I understand that DE wants to "breathe life" into channeling, but simply tuning the efficiency stat through Inner Might alone isn't going to do that. It needs a more complete rework; no weapon has a particular bonus from using channeling without the mods, it competes for the same resources as abilities (which are significantly more potent), and fast weapons in particular suffer the greatest penalty when channeling. If Channeling 2.0 isn't going to come alongside Focus 2.0, then Inner Might just badly needs a changed.
Might I recommend, to tide people over about the loss of Energy Overflow, a Power stat buff instead? Zenurik is the favored tree for casters due to the energy restoration, and the tree does explicitly state it exists to "Dominate the Enemy" (implied through ability usage).
I'll grant that having one tree be so strongly suited towards abilities would likely give it disproportionate amounts of draw, so perhaps such a hypothetical buff could have some penalty attached (like increased energy cost to affected abilities), and be a proc you need to opt into in-mission similar to Growing Power (or one you can choose to opt out of, or both - maybe abilities cast while Channeling?).

MADURAI

I have two primary complaints about the tree.

One, Madurai is the tree that focuses, above all else, on direct damage. The flaw to this is that the tree does nothing to make enemies more susceptible to the damage dealt, little to multiply the user's damage by meaningful amounts on meaningful abilities, and focuses almost exclusively on the Operator's flat ability damage - which I hate having to remind everyone time and again, flat damage of a single type doesn't work against armored targets (especially Heat damage that is specifically weak to armor), as enemy health increases exponentially with level.
Madurai provides no forms of scaling damage, and hardly provides any other utilities to make up for it.

Two, Void Strike encourages the user to play cautiously - it's why I recommended moving it over to Naramon above. Madurai explicitly states that it was built to fight recklessly and deal with foes swiftly - while Void Strike forces the user to slow down to maximize a damage buff.
Madurai should be the tree that believes CC is the best defense and murder is the best CC.

One thing I think can address both issues, that I suggest to replace Void Strike -
Void Ravager: Entering Void Mode no longer grants invisibility to the Operator. Instead, both Warframe and Operator gain a stacking buff to damage and movement speed for a limited period each time an enemy is slain while in Void Mode.
Not only would this encourage more reckless engagement in order to keep stacking damage (or at the very least engaging as the Warframe and then transferring to the Operator to finish off the target), but the fact that the buff transfers to the Warframe also encourages swapping back and forth, rather than limiting the tree to attempts at making the Operator self-sufficient (which it won't be unless all of its attacks suddenly ignore armor or deal %-health damage).

On 29.09.2017 at 10:15 PM, Jobistober said:

Kinda disappointed that Zenurik 2.0 will be stacking, squad-wide energy regen. How is that supposed to prevent "Skill spam: The Game"? Wish we would just do away with this massive energy regen garbage.

The whole reason to play warframe is actually ability to use powers. There is many shooters around the Internet, there is no need to play this game if it will only rely on guns. Warframes have abilities for a reason and to use those abilities we need energy. Lots of energy in case of some warframes.

Zenurik 2.0 will not stop from getting energy but is also less reliable for a player using it. Because now will require to go in operator mode, void dash, go to warframe mode and finally dash through the sphere. It seems a step back in case of getting energy, but we'll see how it works when PoE will finally arrive.

4 hours ago, Archwizard said:

There's been some pretty heavy discussion here and on Reddit, so I'd just like to discuss a few thoughts on these trees real quick.

NARAMON

Gonna start this off right now by admitting that I picked Naramon straight out of the gate with Second Dream, and I've put the most into it of any tree. The idea of a pragmatic tree that observes the enemy to find their weaknesses appealed to me. So, this is the tree that I most focus on in the rework, because it feels like the farthest from what I signed up for.

Having Naramon be so heavily melee-focused makes very little sense. While I understand that melee is the core component of dealing stealth finishers, the fact that that's where the tree starts and ends means it fails to fully grasp being the "rogue" tree; nothing in the current tree benefits stealth, just building up critical melee finishers. Naramon is built around being cautious, locating and exploiting enemy weaknesses. It should be the tree that lays in wait, strikes out, then returns to the shadows.

• Affinity Spike: It would be more fitting to have it increase the value of the Stealth Multiplier on Affinity gains, rather than just melee. While I grant that standard melee is more applicable to most missions, the rest of the Naramon kit should amplify the opportunity for the user to receive and build the Stealth Multiplier. (Besides, having one tree be able to level considerably faster seems a bit stilted, and it's one of the only residuals that cannot apply to the Operator.)
  • Power Spike: Have it increase the damage of Finishers and Headshots against an enemy, instead of just melee damage. The point of the tree is to exploit the enemy's weaknesses.
    • Perhaps a rename to... Vulnerability Spike?
    • Failing that, perhaps increase critical chance instead of melee damage, as was done by Tactical Strike. If "Tactical Spike" isn't too on the nose...
  • Disorienting Blast: This attack in particular has the issue that confusion and mind control effects, while well-intentioned, can ruin stealth runs by compelling your new friend to break your cover.
    Instead, I recommend that Disorienting Blast be changed into a threat drop skill: alerted targets have a chance (100% at max rank) to be concussed so badly that they forget that you're even there and are unable to be alerted by any means for a duration (like Rest, or a super-version of Silence), re-enabling a stealth run. Killing an afflicted target should guarantee a Stealth Multiplier, even if everyone around them is alerted; this of course would be key to maintaining Affinity Spike.
    • Perhaps a rename to... Knockout Blast?
  • Disarming Blast: Naramon doesn't need two CC effects applied by the same skill. Instead, I suggest to replace this one with - 
    Shadow Blast: Void Blast puts the Operator into a free Void Mode for up to X sec per enemy hit. This effect is broken the next time the Operator deals damage. 
    Not only does this synergize with the above changes to Disorienting Blast (essentially allowing your Operator to "Smoke Bomb" out of situations) and bring back some classical Shadow Step action, but it simply makes sense that the stealth tree spend the most time in stealth, and gain abilities to reduce the energy spent on stealth. And, of course, this allows for unique interactions with the Void Mode tree itself...
    • If there really must be a Disarm effect in Naramon's kit, it would be more intuitive to include it as a Dash effect considering it's what you need in order to disarm Kuva Guardians.
  • Void Stalker: I recommend dropping this for Madurai's Void Strike. If the idea is for Naramon to be more cautious and observant, then building up to strike the target at their most vulnerable moment makes the most sense and influences player behavior to exactly where Naramon should be.
  • Void Hunter: Simply marking the enemy to be seen through walls isn't enough to justify picking this up; you could get an equally effective version of this from any Enemy Radar effect such as Animal Instinct.
    I propose that, in addition to its current effect, Void Hunter should also generate weak points on targets who remain within marking range of Void Hunter for 5 seconds. This piggybacks off of Void Stalker, not only waiting until you are at your strongest point, but particularly for the moment when the opponent is at their weakest.
    • Alternately, it could increase the targets' vulnerability to critical hits.

The only thing this tree would be missing is the ability to actually execute Finishers... which leaves a space for the Warframe to check in, outside of wartime. The Operator should, at best, be setup.

VAZARIN

Surprisingly, I don't actually too much to say about this tree. While I understand that a lot of people see some grey areas between Vazarin and Unairu, you have to keep in mind what each tree was made to do: Unairu is meant to tank hits in order to reflect them back at the target, which they can't do by avoiding hits like Vazarin does; meanwhile, Vazarin is supposed to be more like Oberon, slowing down incoming hits on allies in order to buy time to recover from them.

My only concern with this tree is Guardian Blast. We have two Warframes (not to mention all of our Operators) that can't benefit from shield-restoration effects; the only shield-focused frame who can't innately regenerate their own shields is Volt; and most of the frames between the two extremes find shields to be useless anyway without shield-gating.
I would honestly recommend having Guardian Blast restore some health to the target, on top of the shields.
That, or put some type of shield-agnostic barrier on the target to absorb hits, so that even Nidus can have a chance to regen. Of course, Vazarin is built to stall attacks to healable levels... but its actual direct-healing seems to be relegating to either waiting for others to cap out Rejuvenating Tides, or for Mending Tides to come off cooldown. If Void Regen isn't going to extend to nearby allies, then having Guardian Blast solve the task of healing just kills two birds with one stone.

UNAIRU

Remember what I was saying about it back in Vazarin? Unairu has a few issues actually provoking hits, primarily because it is avoiding them.

• Sundering Dash: I recommend this also reduce the target's shields on top of the armor reduction, in order to increase the number of factions this one is usable against.
  • Crippling Dash: Have this effect reduce enemy accuracy while active instead of damage. Between Mirror Flare and Magnetic Blast, Unairu wants enemies to keep their damage high so that they'll kill themselves faster. Reduced accuracy would still mean reduced incoming damage, without interfering with Magnetic Blast.
  • Unairu Wisp: Admittedly, this one I am confused by. I understand that "Outlast the Enemy" means both bolstering your defenses while increasing the damage your foe receives, but the straight damage boost seems like it would fit better in Madurai; meanwhile, just like the aforementioned issue with Vazarin, Unairu needs the ability to restore itself in order to actually capitalize on all the damage reduction it gets. I recommend Unairu Wisp grant some type of life-leech effect, either on top or in lieu of the damage boost. Perhaps something along the lines of "heal X% health upon slaying a target while the wisp is active".
  • Void Shadow: This is one of those areas where I understand the aforementioned confusion with Vazarin, since Unairu's Void Mode abilities put the player in a supportive position rather than a proactive one.
    As I said before, Unairu is about tanking hits in order to reflect them back at the target. Unfortunately, you're not going to be reflecting any attacks if you're invisible, especially if you're pawning attackers off onto your allies. So, for Unairu, I recommend replacing Void Shadow with an option to drop stealth from Unairu entirely -
    Void Glare: Entering Void Mode no longer grants invisibility to the Operator. Instead, allies within X meters transfer their threat to the Operator so long as Void Mode is active. (That or just make a conventional taunt effect.)
    Now, effectively this is the same as the current effect (making allies invisible), but while still leaving enemies to attack the guy who has complete immunity and damage reflection.
  • Void Chrysalis: Given that Void Shadow is no longer around to put allies into stealth, Chrysalis should simply grant damage reduction to allies in range, regardless of whether they're invisible or not (since they're effectively invisible next to Unairu anyway).
    Honestly it didn't make a lot of sense for Chrysalis to be phrased the way it was anyway. It was the only node to near-reference another by limiting itself to invisible targets, which doesn't help much if you can disable nodes, and other Operators are immune to damage in Void Mode anyway.
    (Unless I misunderstood before and disabling one node disables everything after, which seems frustratingly unnecessary.)

And I'm sure the question from a lot of players it going to be "What about Magnetic Blast?"
You have to keep in mind that, if the point of drawing fire in the first place is to Reflect damage anyway, then ultimately the act of causing enemies to shoot themselves in the face regardless isn't a case of avoiding the damage, but is rather a matter of briefly skipping the middle-man (you).
You get no benefit from being shot; the point of the tree is that, out of your entire team, it's better that the guy giving himself damage reflection and multiplied armor is taking the hit rather than the Loki. It would still be better if the enemy was getting shot instead, which is the literal point of the damage reduction. It's supposed to work in conjunction with Vazarin; Unairu says "shoot me, I dares ya", Vazarin says "don't kill that guy".

ZENURIK

Another one where I have, surprisingly, little to say about this. Most of the tree actually fits together pretty well between its crowd control and capitalizing on its damage output.

Now, I understand that DE wants to "breathe life" into channeling, but simply tuning the efficiency stat through Inner Might alone isn't going to do that. It needs a more complete rework; no weapon has a particular bonus from using channeling without the mods, it competes for the same resources as abilities (which are significantly more potent), and fast weapons in particular suffer the greatest penalty when channeling. If Channeling 2.0 isn't going to come alongside Focus 2.0, then Inner Might just badly needs a changed.
Might I recommend, to tide people over about the loss of Energy Overflow, a Power stat buff instead? Zenurik is the favored tree for casters due to the energy restoration, and the tree does explicitly state it exists to "Dominate the Enemy" (implied through ability usage).
I'll grant that having one tree be so strongly suited towards abilities would likely give it disproportionate amounts of draw, so perhaps such a hypothetical buff could have some penalty attached (like increased energy cost to affected abilities), and be a proc you need to opt into in-mission similar to Growing Power (or one you can choose to opt out of, or both - maybe abilities cast while Channeling?).

MADURAI

I have two primary complaints about the tree.

One, Madurai is the tree that focuses, above all else, on direct damage. The flaw to this is that the tree does nothing to make enemies more susceptible to the damage dealt, little to multiply the user's damage by meaningful amounts on meaningful abilities, and focuses almost exclusively on the Operator's flat ability damage - which I hate having to remind everyone time and again, flat damage of a single type doesn't work against armored targets (especially Heat damage that is specifically weak to armor), as enemy health increases exponentially with level.
Madurai provides no forms of scaling damage, and hardly provides any other utilities to make up for it.

Two, Void Strike encourages the user to play cautiously - it's why I recommended moving it over to Naramon above. Madurai explicitly states that it was built to fight recklessly and deal with foes swiftly - while Void Strike forces the user to slow down to maximize a damage buff.
Madurai should be the tree that believes CC is the best defense and murder is the best CC.

One thing I think can address both issues, that I suggest to replace Void Strike:
Void Ravager: Entering Void Mode no longer grants invisibility to the Operator. Instead, both Warframe and Operator gain a stacking buff to damage and movement speed for a limited period each time an enemy is slain while in Void Mode.
Not only would this encourage more reckless engagement in order to keep stacking damage (or at the very least engaging as the Warframe and then transferring to the Operator to finish off the target), but the fact that the buff transfers to the Warframe also encourages swapping back and forth, rather than limiting the tree to attempts at making the Operator self-sufficient (which it won't be unless all of its attacks suddenly ignore armor or deal %-health damage).

Even then I'm not sure it's enough to make the tree remotely scalable as far as damage goes. I'm tempted to say Madurai should have some bonus to deal extra damage based on the amount of health the target is missing (just to play off the "engage as Warframe, execute as Operator" cooperation) but I honestly can't think of anywhere to fit that it without reworking its Blast bonuses (which are good for the tree mechanically, just with low hopes that they would provide worthwhile damage).

NARAMON
All around, good ideas here dude!

Affinity Spike - I really like the idea of it increasing the power of the stealth affinity multiplier. Fits way better, in contrast to the "going reckless with melee"-bonus it currently provides. So, total agreement here!
Power Spike - Yup, total agreement here as well. I'd say though: Finisher Moves, Headshots and hitting Weakspots (meaning, both those that are not actually Headshots, like the MOA's fannypack, as well as those provided by Sonar and similar).
Simply increasing critchance and/or critdamage (for ANY weapon, not just melee) by a small amount also sounds like a reasonable buff (simpler too).
Namesuggestion: Tactical Strike. Sure, it doesn't follow the same suffix-name, but neither does Inner Might and some others, so no biggie, really.
Disorienting Blast - Again, this would be cool, and even more fitting than confusion. Total aggro-reset + Incapable of noticing tenno by any means (pretty much, Blind AND Deaf). Really like the synergy it would provide with Affinity Spike, especially since even the Operator could trigger stealth affinity then! As for a name, how about the simplistic Mind Blast?
Disarming Blast - While I can see what you say here (the "no need for 2 CCs"), Disarming still has its merit for taking away a strength from enemies; their range. Also, melee enemies are significantly easier to deal with in regards to setting them up for finishers. That said, I think your idea is great too (in fact, I suggested the same, but as a replacment for Surging Dash). Especially so, since it fits so well with the new Void Stalker effect (the Void Strike-esque one). Further, as you said, it makes more sense on one of its Dash upgrades, in regards to the Kuva Guardians and all that.
So, I'd suggest this; Revamp Disarming Blast into Shadow Blast as per your suggestion, while upgrading Surging Dash like this:
"Surging Dash - Increases the effective width of Void Dash, and enemies struck by Void Dash are now also disarmed."
Sounds good to me :)
Void Stalker - Indeed, Void Strike fits WAY better here. But, I'd like it to last for a bit (similar in function to the current Void Stalker), so the Warframe can capitalize a bit on the bonus as well.
And how about an additional bonus: The first strike buffed by Void Stalker is also made silent? This would let you, even as the Operator, become a real stealth-killer.
Void Hunter - Yeah, that'd be great (adding weakspots). This is also why I suggested what I did for your revamp of Power Spike.

As for missing Finishers, umm... Executiing Dash? Did you miss that upgrade?

VAZARIN
I actually have a bit to say in regards to this tree. It has some nice and interesting mechanics, but also some very subpar ones.

Sonic Dash - I'd rather this was some AoE-pulse that takes place once you finish the Dash, rather than being a "replacement" for your Dash's current CC. If the stun-effect was more useful overall, I wouldn't complain, but I have a suspiscion the stun is gonna be less useful then the ragdoll effect. It is, however, VERY wide, which seems cool.
Guardian Shell - So... a tank ability? Which drains one of your most precious Operator resources? This sound more Unairu-like than Vazarin. It does fit the school's "nullifying" nature though, so I guess I'd let it pass. But I'd prefer to revamp it, and I'd do that by simply moving Magnetic Blast over here instead (goes with the school's description). This could require a more "watery" name though. Any ideas?
Guardian Blast - Yeah, this one needs a buff. At least, making it able to produce overshields would fix it a bit, I think. And VASTLY increase the shield-gain. And, if not already, let it work on your own Warframe too. As for letting it heal health, I think I disagreed, because...
Void Regen - ... I think this one should do the healing in an AoE, rather than just being another selfish skill.
Rejuvenating Tides or Enduring Tides - One of these would fit way better for Unairu. Swap one of them with the Basilisk Gaze effect (radius-boost of Void Blast), calling it, say, Crashing Tides?

UNAIRU
This tree is missing the mark quite a bit for me too. Almost everything is either too weak or too unfitting, really.

Stone Skin - This kinda ought to add FLAT armor, so it actually does something for less tanky frames. I thought they learnt from the Oberon-rework already?
Mirror Flare - This one either needs to be MASSIVELY buffed (due to the health/damage-asymmetry between players and enemies), or also make it so the damage reflected is damage which you won't suffer. Further, it would be really nice if the damage-reflection worked for absorbtion-effects too (like Iron Skin), as that ties into an idea I have for Void Chrysalis...
Sundering Dash - Agreed. The armor-bias is too strong in this game. All the armor-reducing augments and abilities should follow suit and reduce shields too, imo.
Crippling Dash - I have another idea: Make it so enemies struck by Void Dash take longer to get back up. Fits with the "heavy mountain" aesthetics of Unairu, while also providing the best damage reduction you can get: The enemy deals 0 damage, for a while longer at least. While this doesn't aid the tankability of Unairu, it does help with protecting allies. Imo, I think it simply fits.
Also, it grants some cross-Warframe synergy -> More time to do ground finishers. And you know Unairu is about Earth/Mountain... and then groundfinishers... Yeah, I know, punny, but fitting :P
Unairu Wisp - I have a simple replacement:
"Gaia Blast - Each enemy struck by Void Blast grants X health regeneration for Y seconds"
This could then work cross-Warframe, in that the regen works for it too.
Mechanically, it could work like this: Each enemy struck grants the Operator a seperate health-regen-stack. An enemy struck gets a wisp on them, to signify that they cannot be "drained" from again until the wisp goes away (which is the same duration as the regeneration, of course). It's a lifesteal that doesn't rely on the enemy to stay alive, so to speak. Further, using Gaia Blast on seperate enemies simply improves the regen, since each enemy blasted grants its own instance of health-regen to the Operator. Think of it like placing healing Toxic/Slash-procs on yourself, and each enemy struck has a cooldown before you can proc from that enemy again.
Magnetic Blast - Like mentioned on Guardian Shell for Vazarin, this ability seems more fitting for Vazarin than Unairu (even if I understood and kind of agreed with what you said about it). While a simple swap could sort of suffice, I'd prefer to give Unairu something else entirely here. Like, instead of creating a personal shield on the user, I'd like it to place a barrier in the environment (a lá Volt's Electric Shield or Atlas' Tectonics). This imo fits with the image of Unairu being a stone/mountain/earth-esque Focus school, even to the extent of reshaping the battlefield for defensive purposes.
The barrier could even reflect damage back to the attackers, further emphasizing the retaliative nature of the school (empowered by Mirror Flare, even?)
Void Shadow - While I can agreed that AoE stealth isn't maybe directly fitting for Unairu (AoE-stealth could be an added bonus for Naramon's Void Hunter?), removing its stealth-capabilities entirely sounds iffy / radical as well. If the invisibility-removal+aggropull was OPTIONAL somehow (like Void Mode + hold X to pull aggro and remove stealth), then I'd like your revamp immensly. But losing such a distinctive aspect of the Operator... I dunno....
I honestly could see this still remaining as it is as that "interesting oddball" skill, as it is still a team-protective ability for Unairu, weirdly placed as it may be.
If nothing else, something simple like this would suffice for me: "Enemies within 20-ish meter radius are rooted for 4-ish seconds (refreshes every second an enemy remains within the AoE) and are also gradually encased by Void shadows (effectively being a petrification effect). If fully encased, the enemy is stunned for X seconds". Simple, but useful to protect allies, and ties in as a nod to Focus 1.0-Unairu's petrification effects.
Void Chrysalis - Here comes the reason why I'd not simply swap Magnetic Blast with Guardian Shell straight up (to not have redundancy). I'd suggest this:
"Each second in Void Mode grants X amount of Chrysalis Skin for the user, which absorbs damage taken (a la Iron Skin, but just preventing damage)"
This skin would work with Mirror Flare, and it would carry over to your Warframe too! However, every second, you lose some amount of Chrysalis Skin, so it has to be used frequently, rather than being an overly simplistic "fire and forget" bonus.
This is also why I'd suggest to revamp Void Shadow to be a gradual CC-effect, as that'd give you time to empower your defenses without leaving your allies at risk. Sure, the aggro-redirect could do the same, but just throwing these ideas out as alternatives, that's all. Further, I feel a tank is best designed when it can be up close to the enemies, rather than hugging his allies too close (in contrast, being close to allies is what Vazarin is all about instead, since it's the protective healer type). Otherwise, stray fire might hurt his/her allies while you are shrugging off bullets and all that. And directly being able to protect your allies is what I had in mind for the revamped Magnetic Blast / Guardian Shell, by giving them a cover to hide behind while you, the Unairu-user, run past the cover to go and tank enemies with your face.
Basilisk Gaze - As mentioned on Vazarin, I'd swap this one over with one of the Vazarin's Waybound passives. Then, call it "Basilisk Heart", or something like that.
Basilisk Scales - This one seems to be needing quite the numerical buff, at least if it wants to keep up with Warframe's "extreme" standards.

ZENURIK
Agreed, Zenurik seems quite well designed. I just hope that Lightning Dash, Voltaic Blast and Void Static at least have some CC-aiding effects to them (Voltaic Blast possibly "chaining" the Void Blast itself over to the new targets, indirectly increasing the Blast's CC-range, while Lightning+Static could have high electric proc-chance)

Inner Might - Well, I have a feeling they are gonna improve channeling at some point, so I find it fine for now. It's kind of like a placeholder, which is hoperfully gonna be quite awesome in the future. Regardless, I'd like it if it also buffed the Operator somehow. Like, by reducing the energycost of all Operatormoves, even if just a tiny bit (15% at max rank)?

Other than that, yeah, I have nothing else to say but; Remove the energycost penalties (for all schools). They are bleh.

MADURAI
I agreed with your first point incredibly much. This needs to change, for sure.

On the second point; Sure, they maybe are worded for being reckless. But I don't think they meant to mean that they did so at their own literal expense. I see it more like... being ruthless, uncompromising or merciless? Forgoing stealth entirely is reckless, yes, but it's also incredibly stupid, which I don't think they were. They were simply downright killers. So I don't agreed with removing their stealthpotential.

However, I can agreed with the speed+damage amp over time (rather than per kill), which fades whenever you go out of Void Mode. That's fitting at least.

To be more specific, some ideas could be:
Phoenix Talons - Also amps the Operator's beam-attack by whatever fitting percentage.
Phoenix Spirit - Also gives the Operator's beam-attack a high chance to proc Heat.
Flame Blast - 100% Blast+Heat-proc chance on the fireball? Make its damage amp-able by Rising Blast's chargeattack?
Rising Blast - Also make it amplify all damage taken of the targets struck (be it by the Void Blast or the Flame Blast's Fireball), by a reasonbly high percentage.
Blazing Dash - X% chance to proc too?
Meteoric Dash - Also causes enemies struck by Void Dash (and Blazing Dash's firetrail?) to be more susceptible to statusprocs (both in chance, duration AND in damage). This works well together with the Blazing Dash's effect, but also gives some cross-Warframe useage. Still feel this is a limitted benefit, but its better than just the flat damage bonus it currently provides.
Another idea I had (but discarded) would be that it upgrades your Void Dash (and Blazing Dash's trail?) to debuff struck enemies into taking a flat amount of extra damage from any attack they suffer. This would mainly benefit high RoF weapons, weapons which could possibly need some love for tougher content. Works well for the Void Beam too. Might be too weird (I discarded the idea for a reason)?
Void Strike - Every second in Void Mode amps your damage and movementspeed by X% (movespeed should have some cap). When you leave Void Mode, the bonuses fades over X seconds. (Works for the Warframe too). Could possibly also increase attackspeed (with the same cap as the movespeed bonus)?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is something like "Remove Channeling". If u don't like Channeling mods just don't used them. There is around 90% mods in Mod inventory nobody cares about so why Channeling mods? Or u just want the Profit from them without any sacrifice?

....I think we're having a translation issue. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me.

I'm saying that for people to want to invest in that residual it would have to cost you zero energy when channeling once maxed.

Builds for melee weapons are already tight and generally include making tough decisions on which mods to include and which to leave out. 

Most weapons have a 1.5x multiplier.

So a player would be forced to use their energy to get a bonus that Naramon has for free.

It's just not an attractive option for investment. 

Archived