[DE]Rebecca

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

Just make channeling consume X amount of energy per second, like the channeled warframe powers, ta dah! Or something funny like making enemies killed that way have an outstanding chance of dropping energy orbs, so that way people will consider bringing a channeling build to support the team with energy, rather than relying solely on EV trinity...

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

@UrielColtan

Hmmm. Not just levelled, but switched on?

Like this:

p2GCcRg.jpg

In that image, I have Deadly Intent active, but Shadow Step inactive, even though both are fully levelled.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

31 minutes ago, El_Chino said:

Just make channeling consume X amount of energy per second, like the channeled warframe powers, ta dah! Or something funny like making enemies killed that way have an outstanding chance of dropping energy orbs, so that way people will consider bringing a channeling build to support the team with energy, rather than relying solely on EV trinity...

Considering the recent Naramon changes... I can actually see this working.

Channeling consumes energy when its active instead of per hit... but that would be good to have in general instead of just a school. But its a nice idea.

17 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@UrielColtan

Hmmm. Not just levelled, but switched on?

Like this:

p2GCcRg.jpg

In that image, I have Deadly Intent active, but Shadow Step inactive, even though both are fully levelled.

Both are red, I never turned any off, kind of defeats the purpose, I would otherwise switch the school I have for activation if I don't want to use it. Since there is little reason else.

Edited by UrielColtan

Just now, UrielColtan said:

Both are red, I never turned any off. 

Then I honestly do not know what the issue is other than an actual bug. I assure you, Shadow Step works, and so does Focus gain from shared Affinity.

Can confirm Shadow Step works. I went 40min solo with Naramon Shadow Step Nekros Prime in Orokin Derelict Survival farming for Octavia Neuroptics and mutagen samples before.

Has anyone entertained the thought that maybe @UrielColtan is trolling?(or is just an idiot) I have seen no cases of bugs as "serious" as what he claims to have had. He is clearly an active member in the forums and seems to have a verbose vocabulary. Despite that, he is practically disagreeing with every comment thrown at him regardless of content.

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm concerned about the fact that only Naramon will get what should by all means be a mechanic shared by all Melee Weapons.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony of a Zenurik player saying that when Energy regen should arguably* also be a general passive/feature/mechanic.

*definitely.

Edited by Jicematoro
Here's to hoping the Energy Overflow Arcanes weren't scrapped, even if they were nerfed to like, 2 Energy per Second.
  • Upvote 2

I dunno what to think.

I've always liked the game for being able to play fancy space-ninja, performing awesome physically impossible melee combos and shooting with futuristic energy weapons while sliding mid-air, that kind of stuff, you know. Old focus was useful for exactly that purpose. Babysitting psychic kid with motion impairment ain't that.

Plains of Eidolon smells like success if terms of new open map, new frame, new weapons, and most importantly new questline (quest stories are better with every time you add one), but forgive me for not being excited in utilizing Operator mode. Is it still WarFrame?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Alright, cool, energy replenishment for entire team. Now please be that kind and remove the gamebreaking energy restores.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then I honestly do not know what the issue is other than an actual bug. I assure you, Shadow Step works, and so does Focus gain from shared Affinity.

After I got home and the annoying Windows 10 kept bugging me about downloading updates, I got the idea to do a fresh reinstall of Warframe, just in case some outside factor or weird API configuration was interfering with my ingame hub and visual interface or sometthing similar.  After doing this, I went into a mission and attempted shadow step again, and finally got it to proc for the first time ever. And I must say, yes its indeed OP.  I also went on a another focus farm run and decided to not kill anything during the first wave, and apparenltly I got more focus than I did when I was trying to kill things before, so I'll take that "L" about shared Focus affinity. I'd prefer improvements to Focus be made but they can't be if someone like me is apparently spreading incorrect info while asking for it, so I apologize for that.  

Edited by UrielColtan
  • Applause 3

Unariu needs moar help.
20% armor is horrible, at least change it to 300 armor or something.

So even non tank frames can use it, if you want to.

Edited by fatpig84
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Unariu needs moar help.

It has to either be flat Armor or Damage Redution.

I vote for Damage Reduction.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It has to either be flat Armor or Damage Redution.

I vote for Damage Reduction.

That would be pretty usefull, even if somewhat subtile.

1 hour ago, fatpig84 said:

Unariu needs moar help.

It's Stacks with other mods a user has put on. As in 400 plus the steel fiber at 100% gets 800 and then apparently it applies

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

It's Stacks with other mods a user has put on. As in 400 plus the steel fiber at 100% gets 800 and then apparently it applies

It doesnt mean anything at all on frames with 65 or 15 Armor.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It doesnt mean anything at all on frames with 65 or 15 Armor.

Well think about it if you add 350 armored to the smallest armored frame that would mean you'd also had the same to the biggest armored frame. Still have the same result. Especially when you start stacking mods and arcanes. people will still play the bigger ones they just become more overpowered. What it needs to be is based off of the base stats if it's weaker and goes up by higher percent, where if it is stronger a lower one. Like it changes the warframes base armor to go to 400 regardless of what Warframe is being used.

Edited by (XB1)Thraxiss

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

Well think about it if you add 350 armored to the smallest armored frame that would mean you'd also had the same to the biggest armored frame. Still have the same result. Especially when you start stacking mods and arcanes. people will still play the bigger ones they just become more overpowered. What it needs to be is based off of the base stats if it's weaker and goes up by higher percent, where if it is stronger a lower one. Like it changes the warframes base armor to go to 400 regardless of what Warframe is being used.

Which is why he said 300 armor, not 300% armor. 

Focus 2.0 is for me a prime example of bad game design.

1) Raising the power and utility of the operator is nice (it seems only a marginal upgrade, but cant really comment without playing) but it doesn't address the biggest criticisms of operator game play: being clunky and breaking the flow of the game.

2) Making you go through hops and lops to get a timed bonus is just absurd. Can any one tell me why pushing a combination of buttons every 20-30 sec to do something in itself useless that breaks the flow of the game to get a bonus is a good thing? It seems to me if using the operator abilities was useful or fun people would use it without the need for the bonus to the warframe. The power level of this bonus would be pretty much the same if it where a passive and wouldn't impact the enjoyment of the game of any one.

3) Madurai school is another example poorly thought changes, you can get 25% increase to all damage, which is worst than the 90% extra damage divided by all basic damage types, but this isn't the real problem, Madurai was a great enabler of status builds, you could make it a 100% increase to damage and the game would still be poorer because its just a damage buff and not an ability that opens game-play options.

I can't forget the atrocious HUD and UI changes, the same bugs year after year, that the tile sets aren't revisited so you don't get stuck on ridiculous places, the needless nerfs on a PVE game that most of the time lead to less diversity, the hema research cost, the systematic increase in grind, RNGivens that are just a cash grab and not a fix, not having a proper tutorial so new players don't go away, etc, etc... and now focus 2.0.

Is this something that will make me or the vast majority of player leave the game, NO. But it is at least for me one less straw till the camel back brakes.

DE has a lot of talent, does amazing things, and created and maintain a great that is Warframe, It's a pity they make so many questionable design decisions.

At the end of the day it's there game and money maker, and its up to them to do what they think is best, and to us to react as we see fit. 

These are my 2 cents on the matter, can only hope they aren't totally worthless.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Which is why he said 300 armor, not 300% armor. 

I did not say 300%. Add 300 armor to anything, and your mods will increase that regardless of the frame

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

I did not say 300%. Add 300 armor to anything, and your mods will increase that regardless of the frame

I see.

But I still believe DR would be better, because it effects shields as well.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

Oh it's before mods? I had been thinking after. 

11 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But I still believe DR would be better, because it effects shields as well.

This. All the armor buffs ever don't help shield frames. 

13 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Considering the recent Naramon changes... I can actually see this working.

Channeling consumes energy when its active instead of per hit... but that would be good to have in general instead of just a school. But its a nice idea.

Oh yeah, I was talking in general! and add another bonnus to that school, or keep it I don't know... Having the passive will free you of one mod slot on the weapon afterall. But yeah, hope channeling becomes something viable someday... Looks cool.

9 hours ago, saradonin said:

but forgive me for not being excited in utilizing Operator mode. Is it still WarFrame?

It is, lol... You start the game knowing about nothing of the guy you play as. You wonder how different frames suit you, or if there's actually somebody/something inside those... You progress and discover you were sleeping all along, and that those frames are just your tools of war. Sure after that more is revealed and added to the tenno lore, but warframes aren't left behind! In many points, on many quests, entities imply stuff about the warframes, makes you want to know more about them at the same time you wanna know more about the tenno. And the next quest, the one revealing Umbra, will be focused on warframes rather than tenno, for all we know till now. So, yeah... Warframes are still the main theme of the game, operators are there just to fundament em. You won't ever play a mission as only your operator, but as you progress, your operator becomes less of a child and more of a warrior, capable of using his own power to aid and add to their own warframe in battle, but just that, support. You play with the warframes you choose to bring to each particular mission! They are the ones carrying the real weaponery to battle.

• Upvote 1