Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

4 minutes ago, zzuit said:

I just liked it no matter the build because I actually enjoy being able to use my damn warframe.

Like, if I wanted to play this game as a pure shooter just to shoot and do nothing else other than SHOOT I would just go play call of duty or better yet counter strike. I like using abilities without having to spend credits/resources on energy pads just to sit there...

I honestly feel like I HAVE to play a tank warframe if I cant have energy regen on the go, partially because almost all of my squishies use quick thinking so if I so much as get sneezed on at high level that's all my energy just out the window and I cant use any of my abilities to properly defend my self.

I feel ya. the only way to scratch a frequent caster frame itch is to use fleeting expertise and basically have garbage power strength. Or craft an unholy amount of energy pads. Eximus draining our energy completely cancelled out energy overflow anyways so I didn't think it was that bad. Still had to prioritize specific targets.

Just now, Ampoth said:

Far as I'm concerned the fact that they haven't shown any new movement mechanics involving the operator likely means they don't exist. DE wouldn't reveal story spoilers but if the Operator could parkour they would have shown even one move by now, since they haven't Operators are likely going to be just as clunky as before.

Which is my point. DE haven't fixed the fundamental problems. 

"Operators can actually move around quickly and smoothly now," is not a spoiler, unless their method of doing so involves some super smooth Void-skating as someone upthread suggested.

4 minutes ago, DecadeX said:

The advantage would be you can have Loki's disarm and the ability to make your teammates invisible at the same time.

Aaand the stealth is needed why exactly? Irradiated disarm on max range takes care of almost everything. IF you need group stealth, then you have bigger problems. Having 1 person be confined to operator mode and stick to just 1 team-mate for stealth sounds really, really crappy. Ash or Octavia can do it on the run w/o having to sacrifice for it.

1 hour ago, DimkaTsv said:

Really... And you don't even want to look int channeling efficiency even if you  shouldn't have chosen zenurik?

Hey again. Been thinking.

Yeah,the second Zenurik residual is objectively redundant and useless, and there's no point choosing it over Naramon:

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

[EDIT 2] Yeah definitely the second zenurik passive is definitely going to be useless in any realistic scenario:

1)The base channeling damage for the VAST majority of weapons is 1.5x

2)Current melee mods variety, and the fact base damage mods affect channeled damage mean that channeling damage mods will, realistically, never find their way onto a build

3)Naramon second passive will also give +50% extra damage on kill. 

All in all, we have two options:

- Choose zenurik, and +50% damage that costs energy

- Choose Naramon, and +50% damage that costs nothing. 

More than being redundant, one is objectively and indisputable better than the other. 

So yeah... DE, you should rework that second zenurik passive. 

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Just so everyone knows, there is more to the focus tree then the examples we have ...just saying 

And what little we've seen looks as crappy as the current trees, hence why this isn't a thread full of praise. It looks like we're getting trees as poorly thought out as our current ones and that were likely thrown together just as quickly as our current ones as well.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your Mesa is going to work, protecting your defense point from hordes of Grineer. Suddenly, your Frame runs out of energy! With no Energy Restores equipped you quickly switch to your Operator and Void Dash onto your objective.This creates a bubble where you land in which you and your teammates can charge up quickly to 'Make some Peace'.

does it defend you? because i dont think that you can gain energy when chanelling abilities and only when gainig energy orbs which is why energise is so dope

2 minutes ago, DecadeX said:

The advantage would be you can have Loki's disarm and the ability to make your teammates invisible at the same time.

Which in my opinion and experience fits Warframe gameplay as much as a Vegan on BBQ night.

Just imagine the sight - Mot survival pushing 40 minutes, bullet hail everywhere and you.... stop using abilities and weapons in order to enter rather vurnable and slow Operator mode.(I know you have been commenting on that).
Maintaining suspense on it's own is good (like the eidolon fights, new quest and new hidden objectives), saying that hiding information that made Operator mode highly questionable from the get go is not.

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

I agree that they really should have at least showed off Warrior movement in the devstream. All that was shown was the operator in a new outfit with a more agile, sort of fighter looking idle animation. However, at least the new "Residuals" seem to be improvements over the current passives, where only a slight few out of 90(?) were even useful.

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Just so everyone knows, there is more to the focus tree then the examples we have ...just saying 

Then they chose poor examples. It took three seconds of thinking about it for people to say "Hey, in all of these scenarios, why don't we just use parkour and weapons, that'd be way faster and more efficient."

If they haven't done something about how clunky Operator movement and fighting is, then people will still not enjoy playing Operator mode. It really is that simple.

8 minutes ago, zzuit said:

I just liked it no matter the build because I actually enjoy being able to use my damn warframe.

Can't upvote it enough. I want to use my warframe abilities too, not to play operator on archwing chugging lunaro balls at invincible space kuva guardians while in pvp with other players on the map.

When they said before they were taking a sledgehammer to Focus, I was expecting it to be more along the lines of completely changing the Operator's moveset to make gameplay less clunky in that form. This just seems like different ways for Focus to do what it already does.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then they chose poor examples. It took three seconds of thinking about it for people to say "Hey, in all of these scenarios, why don't we just use parkour and weapons, that'd be way faster and more efficient."

If they haven't done something about how clunky Operator movement and fighting is, then people will still not enjoy playing Operator mode. It really is that simple.

I mean, yeah. No arguments here. I'm over hear just a little dumbfounded. Pay my optimism no attention. 

4 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Hey again. Been thinking.

Yeah,the second Zenurik residual is objectively redundant and useless, and there's no point choosing it over Naramon:

Hey hey, you remember my point about the Vaykor Sydon, and how its passive is literally useless?

That kind of mechanical design just surfaced again.

Also, hey hey tnccs215, you know why the figure 8 makes me think of flowers? It's because it's two loops.

8 minutes ago, Geraion said:

Aaand the stealth is needed why exactly? Irradiated disarm on max range takes care of almost everything. IF you need group stealth, then you have bigger problems. Having 1 person be confined to operator mode and stick to just 1 team-mate for stealth sounds really, really crappy. Ash or Octavia can do it on the run w/o having to sacrifice for it.

I said it was an advantage. I didn't say it was some incredibly necessary one.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hey hey, you remember my point about the Vaykor Sydon, and how its passive is literally useless?

That kind of mechanical design just surfaced again.

Also, hey hey tnccs215, you know why the figure 8 makes me think of flowers? It's because it's two loops.

This situation in its entity reminds me of something...

*buffering*
*loading*

Hey kids, remember how we made a brand new mode with exiting capabilities, amazing opening quest (fight me, the first time was amazing), that utterfly failed in the long run due to clunky movement, feeling like you are a fish in a barrel and shoving it in your face during a Raid and normal boss fight?

300?cb=20140816021307

Edited by phoenix1992
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Is this gimmick really necessary?
Can't it just be active all the time?

Swapping in and out of operator is a clunky process.
Unless you've reworked the animations, this is gonna be a mess, especially now, when you give us more "reasons" to "hop out of warframe".

Honestly I expected more out of "Focus 2.0" than just "we'll make you pop out more".
I hope I'm proven wrong.

PS.
Can Warframes autonomously follow us already, or are they still just standing there?

Edited by Shifted

Digital Extremes, please. We're not asking for the impossible.

Just please fix Operator movement. Make them faster and more agile, or this update will turn out like Archwing, i.e. absolutely nowhere near as popular as you hoped.

Why did the fortune teller plant pink and purple flowers in her garden? She had to be able to see the fuschias.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

This is the kind of thread I was interested in seeing. I am a bit confused as to why the core values of each Focus are no longer in place for the most part, but I am hopeful that the still yet revealed elements will hopefully make up for this lack in a school's identity or reason for being separate.

38 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

So, Vazarin Passives are unchanged? Got it.

Tbh, the Vazarin Passives were always pretty flipping good. Not superbly OP, but had enough utility to warrant use. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

• There are Focus Lenses (1.25% Affinity Conversion), Greater Focus Lenses (1.75% Affinity Conversion), and now (name not final) Eidolon/Ostron Lenses (2.25% Affinity Conversion) Blueprints for this last category—requiring multiple Greater Lenses to craft—will be awarded through the Plains of Eidolon Bounty System.  Um.... multiple greater lenses to gain 0.5% benefit.... doesn't seem like a good deal to me, unless greater lenses are going to drop like candy with PoE
  • Zenurik: Firstly - 'What about Energy Overflow'? On the public build Energy Overflow worked passively for a single player, and we are experimenting with an active, more powerful party-wide buff. Focus 2.0 currently has a placeable party-wide energy buff in Zenurik that stacks with other Zenurik users - think of it like an area-of-effect energy restore consumable that Void Dashing can create. We will follow up in the Update notes about other areas of Energy gain. - Um this isn't a replacement for energy overflow, this is energy surge, one of the other branches of zenurik.   As to the rest, none of it seems to be a replacement for energy overflow, energy spike sounds more like we giving energy to nearby team mates when we pick it up.  So imo we're now losing one of the two most useful abilities.....  and personally I couldn't give a monkey's about supplying my team with energy from a focus school, if I wanted to be a support role for the team I can take trinity, oberon or harrow and have a constant supply from the outset.  Zenurik energy overflow was there to support the frames that need to stack abilities.

• Naramon: The invisibility seems to be remaining (via another tree) but it's losing it's crit chance buff.   I'm going to just say it, at present it seems like focus 2.0 is a nerf to the 2 most popular schools in warframe50% extra melee damage isn't going to be equal to 30% crit chance buff on high crit chance weapons.  

You know what I was pretty 'hyped' for PoE when it was announced at tennocon, a big open space to fight our enemies in using our warframes and even adding in a bit of archwing (which lets be honest very few of us like) but maybe it's just the way it's being explained and shown to us but I'm getting less and less hyped the more I hear about the planned changes..... it just seems that it's losing a lot of the 'essence' that got me interested in the game to start with and is trying to become too much like titanfall with it's dual character/mecha approach.   I started playing the game because of the warframes each with their unique abilities etc but now it seems that all the updates coming out are basically trying to 'force' us into using the operator to do the killing etc (looks like it's the only way to kill eidolons or getting kuva for example) instead....

Edited by LSG501
finished a sentence
32 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

My opinion is no less valid than yours and I will continue to suggest and champion a better idea, but you do you.

Awwww, that's cute. Falling back on the ol' "Where's your idea?" dogma. (No pun intended on the "dog" part, considering the comic...)  When your champion of an idea is to completely scrub something that other people utilize even when you don't use it, that's hardly a "better idea". And I'm under no obligation to come up with something just to satisfy you. Fortunately, Reb did say that they're looking at other sources as well for energy regen (all optional, I'm sure); so I'm waiting to see what they do with Eidolon arcanes or other augments first. But at least I'll make sure that my complaints aren't about features that I don't use.

It's pretty clear that we're done here.

Edited by WidescreenRules