[DE]Rebecca

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

The major problem of focus still remains - lens. We have 100-s of weapons and 10-s of frames, yet a VERY limited number of lens (unless you got excess $$$).
It forces me to play with those few items/gear setups instead of having fun and using different stuff. 

Wasnt that the point? Put the Lens on the weapons/frame you like to use the most?

It is limiting, but we also have faster ways to get Lens with the Bounties reseting every few hours instead of daily.

I have around 50 Lens in my inventory, I didnt buy any of them and sold way more. The stock will fill, give it time.

3 hours ago, Ketec said:

The major problem of focus still remains - lens. We have 100-s of weapons and 10-s of frames, yet a VERY limited number of lens (unless you got excess $$$).
It forces me to play with those few items/gear setups instead of having fun and using different stuff.  

At the very least - if warframe has one, it should also cause any weapon without a lens to still give a portion of it - like 1%. And lens would help you focus on different schools at the same time (or same) while increasing the gains.

What if I don't want to put all my stuff in the same school. I want to put four different lenses on at the same time because, that's what I was given does that mean the 1% is now garbage. Does that mean the majority of people have to suffer if they have all the lenses. Or would it add 1% for each item being used. Wouldn't that make it more profitable to have all different lenses? It doesn't make much sense. My question is why can't they have Syndicates missions that instead of syndicate it's a focus mission. You could even make it so that you could only use your operator. And watch the posting go crazy when everyone starts complaining that they're forcing them use the operator. Lol

• Upvote 2

So, the only really interesting application of the WHOLE focus system that was the Zenurik's pasive energy regen now gets nerfed to a timed effect.

Good job DE. Bravo. Chapeau.

• Upvote 2

Where is Shadow Step? Where is Energy Overflow?

Srsly DE? now nerf the best Focus skills cause people use then to much instead reworking other schools and create other options or playstyles?

Simulor/Tonkor Nerf... seems pretty similar what you did this time with those focus schools but the problem is at least in my case...

More than 4.500.000 points invested on Naramon and Zenurik Schools that i can't re apply to use them with other schools at least to switch and test to find a way that worth spend those points.

@[DE]Rebecca Please dear mother lay eyes on this... i know it's exciting test new things but don't kill the ones that make this game so f**king great and UNIQUE!!!!

I Feel right now like all the Eilodon patch sucks only for those time invested working on my focus schools and the lost of those skills... like

"Hey where is my Perma Invisibility Exalted Blade Excalibur that gave me so much fun"?

And WHY? Push so hard so we have to use the Operators in each mission now?... It's there a fetish or something from developers to watch players use the operators on each mission? i barely use then on certain occasions like to avoid a killing blast, run trough a mission when using nyx assimilate, kuva farming ofc, but why push so hard to make us use operators now even to focus... it's sad really and it's not helpful neither FUN.

Mastery Rank 24 Talking btw... keep the community elders happy or you guys will be dealing with a  full party of kiddos in some months that will tsunami salt, nerf beg for all and lack of good manners to make helpful critics that help ALL of us to  have more fun. After all we are in WARFRAME because we love the game but with this butchNERFS people will get dissapointed sooner or later...

• Upvote 5

On 02/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, Colyeses said:

This is -absolutely NOT- their track record. They're renowned for leaving things wholly unfinished.

Even if they ARE fixing issues, if it's not a bug, it usually takes about a year before fixes are implemented. Operator has been unfinished from the release of TWW all the way up until the release of PoE. Archwing is still a pest. The sargeant is still a placeholder boss. We still have to wait a full week before we can remove the Helminth cyst. Snipers have been in a horrible spot for ages and only now are they getting a review pass, which is taking the weapon set into the wrong direction. Caster warframes overwhelmingly still suck. Air support has gone untouched since its initial release and it is still largely unusable.

If these changes go live and no one likes them? Tough S#&$, it's gonna take a year before they will get any changes made to them.

If Energy Overflow does not get an equivalent among new arcanes or focus, you're gonna spend a full year with energy shortage issues.

Been playing since 2013, and is very true that DE do not finish anything and hardly listens to ppls, while rarely makes stuffs better than before being well know to not leave their roots: "screwing the game with big updates". Is ok, im adaptaded with it already and really not care because i play tons of other fun games and after testing PoE, WF is still my only game that is only worthy a login daily.

I not know why DE want to make everything around operator while their gameplay, movement and powers sucks a lot!

They did a focus rework without a operator rework in a way that Void dash would only need one button instead oof that slown and stupidly development crouch + jump -_-'' so in my point of view they should have reworked the operator before the focus system, and i ask where is the better aim tracking for void dash? Where is a void dash as one button? Where is a fluid gameplay instead of that junk slowva gameplay of operator? If something so simple that would make our life as operator can´t be make before the focus rework.... Well i have no more words then.

I do not see any real diference and not feel any fun to use focus because of full of foolish that not have creativity to create something to make the operator worthywhile.

Hell, it might be subjetive, but i seriously hated TWW and Harrow questlines and i saw it both as a complete JOKE while playing as operator and being one that got the most of Prime Access except the last four and the founder, i dare to say: it disapoints me as a investor.

S#&$, we are in 2017 to have nintendo 8 bit gameplay sooo badly development in our operators and is been 4 years to not have at least one thing finshed... Everything in this game is UNFINISHED! -_-''

Thank God that i not waste my money on that game anymore!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Well, I had my fill of this thread, it will become complain about nerfs instead of a discussion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Well, I had my fill of this thread, it will become complain about nerfs instead of a discussion.

With good reason, most of the changes to focus are underwhelming and don't fix the tìfact that focus system is still mediocre!

To add salt even with maxed schools you can't rebuy them in the new system due to bloated costs and further gating in the form of Quills standing.

None of the critics, ideas or feedback given about Focus 1.0 was listened to, operator mode is still a chore (hotfix also removed transference chaining...)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Yup.. a pointless complaint too. ive been using the new zenurik version of energy overflow. the energy dash. and it works pretty well for me

@Desdemona-XI As you are using it can you clarify a pair of things?

The "new" overflow is school specific or can be unbound and used with any school?

12 hours ago, Dailus said:

Where is Shadow Step? Where is Energy Overflow?

Srsly DE? now nerf the best Focus skills cause people use then to much instead reworking other schools and create other options or playstyles?

Simulor/Tonkor Nerf... seems pretty similar what you did this time with those focus schools but the problem is at least in my case...

More than 4.500.000 points invested on Naramon and Zenurik Schools that i can't re apply to use them with other schools at least to switch and test to find a way that worth spend those points.

@[DE]Rebecca Please dear mother lay eyes on this... i know it's exciting test new things but don't kill the ones that make this game so f**king great and UNIQUE!!!!

I Feel right now like all the Eilodon patch sucks only for those time invested working on my focus schools and the lost of those skills... like

"Hey where is my Perma Invisibility Exalted Blade Excalibur that gave me so much fun"?

And WHY? Push so hard so we have to use the Operators in each mission now?... It's there a fetish or something from developers to watch players use the operators on each mission? i barely use then on certain occasions like to avoid a killing blast, run trough a mission when using nyx assimilate, kuva farming ofc, but why push so hard to make us use operators now even to focus... it's sad really and it's not helpful neither FUN.

Mastery Rank 24 Talking btw... keep the community elders happy or you guys will be dealing with a  full party of kiddos in some months that will tsunami salt, nerf beg for all and lack of good manners to make helpful critics that help ALL of us to  have more fun. After all we are in WARFRAME because we love the game but with this butchNERFS people will get dissapointed sooner or later...

Well said, There was no reason whatsoever to take Shadow Step away. Your right about the player base they will bit ch once again cause the game will become to difficult. Shadow Step & Energy Overflow eased the pain for new players & made the game enjoyable & fun for the veteran players to push there limits in endless missions.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, so there is no true relacement for energy overflow... well, r.i.p my ember, mag, loki, chroma, oberon, nezha, frost, ash, excalibur and banshee builds...

• Upvote 4

At least now that Zenurik has been completely shafted, Volt has a better shot at getting a better rework.  Maybe his Riot Shield won't be prohibitively expensive and completely go against his mobility, or maybe he will get an energy regen related passive instead of his completely crappy and all but useless on he has now! 

Edited by Insizer

5 minutes ago, Insizer said:

At least now that Zenurik has been completely shafted, Volt has a better shot at getting a better rework.  At least his Riot Shield won't be prohibitively expensive and completely go against his mobility, or maybe he will get an energy regen related passive instead of his completely crappy and all but useless on he has now! 

You think way too highly of DE...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

You think way too highly of DE...

That's why I said has a better shot.  Though that "At least" bit wasn't the right wording.  I doubt anything will be done, despite how much it is needed.  But yeah,  other frames need a revisit after Zenurik getting shafted, especially Titania who is incredibly energy hungry.

Just now, Insizer said:

That's why I said has a better shot.  Though that "At least" bit wasn't the right wording.  I doubt anything will be done, despite how much it is needed.  But yeah,  other frames need a revisit after Zenurik getting shafted, especially Titania who is incredibly energy hungry.

Ah, ok, gotcha.

Speaking of "other frames", I could make a huge thread about how each 'frame (yeah, every single one) needs some readjustments for "perfect polishing". That's kinda sad though. And it's disheartening to think about it, because with so many things to fix, I HARDLY think they are gonna fix (since they don't even "notice") something as simple as the extreme energy-needs which some frames have.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Ah, ok, gotcha.

Speaking of "other frames", I could make a huge thread about how each 'frame (yeah, every single one) needs some readjustments for "perfect polishing". That's kinda sad though. And it's disheartening to think about it, because with so many things to fix, I HARDLY think they are gonna fix (since they don't even "notice") something as simple as the extreme energy-needs which some frames have.

Its not even a matter of perfect polishing.  For some frames, their energy issues make them all but impractical once things start getting a little bit difficult.

But yeah, it is disheartening to think that none of them will see fixes regarding this outside of the very occasional "frame rework" tumbleweed that rolls past us every once and awhile.

On a separate issue, why do we need to first activate the operator to get the residual passives?  Just make it passive from the beginning.

• Upvote 8

On 15/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, Insizer said:

On a separate issue, why do we need to first activate the operator to get the residual passives?  Just make it passive from the beginning.

Not everyone as completed War Within, and archwing would then get a buff. Excluding where you have your Warframe and archwing.

@[DE]Rebecca

can we please get the option to redistribute our focus points in a focus school?

with the introduction of focus 2.0 and a lot of new abilities to test - some of the choices i made were not as ideal as i thought for my playstyle... so it would be nice to shift my points to other talents

• Upvote 5

On 10/14/2017 at 7:34 AM, LordAldwin said:

Oh, so there is no true relacement for energy overflow... well, r.i.p my ember, mag, loki, chroma, oberon, nezha, frost, ash, excalibur and banshee builds...

Never used energy overflow, have had zero issues on any of those frames.

Seems more to me like people used energy overflow as a crutch for poor energy management and gameplay vs it actually being necessary.

6 hours ago, Echoa said:

Never used energy overflow, have had zero issues on any of those frames.

Seems more to me like people used energy overflow as a crutch for poor energy management and gameplay vs it actually being necessary.

Gonna be honest here, new Zenurik actually provides MORE energy than old Zenurik if used right... so yeah, people complaining about the change either haven't tried the new system or are too lazy to do an operator void dash every 30 seconds...

Edited by SolarDwagon
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 2