Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Insizer said:

That's why I said has a better shot.  Though that "At least" bit wasn't the right wording.  I doubt anything will be done, despite how much it is needed.  But yeah,  other frames need a revisit after Zenurik getting shafted, especially Titania who is incredibly energy hungry.

Ah, ok, gotcha.

Speaking of "other frames", I could make a huge thread about how each 'frame (yeah, every single one) needs some readjustments for "perfect polishing". That's kinda sad though. And it's disheartening to think about it, because with so many things to fix, I HARDLY think they are gonna fix (since they don't even "notice") something as simple as the extreme energy-needs which some frames have.

2 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Ah, ok, gotcha.

Speaking of "other frames", I could make a huge thread about how each 'frame (yeah, every single one) needs some readjustments for "perfect polishing". That's kinda sad though. And it's disheartening to think about it, because with so many things to fix, I HARDLY think they are gonna fix (since they don't even "notice") something as simple as the extreme energy-needs which some frames have.

Its not even a matter of perfect polishing.  For some frames, their energy issues make them all but impractical once things start getting a little bit difficult.

But yeah, it is disheartening to think that none of them will see fixes regarding this outside of the very occasional "frame rework" tumbleweed that rolls past us every once and awhile.

On 15/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, Insizer said:

On a separate issue, why do we need to first activate the operator to get the residual passives?  Just make it passive from the beginning.

Not everyone as completed War Within, and archwing would then get a buff. Excluding where you have your Warframe and archwing.

On 10/14/2017 at 7:34 AM, LordAldwin said:

Oh, so there is no true relacement for energy overflow... well, r.i.p my ember, mag, loki, chroma, oberon, nezha, frost, ash, excalibur and banshee builds...

Never used energy overflow, have had zero issues on any of those frames.

Seems more to me like people used energy overflow as a crutch for poor energy management and gameplay vs it actually being necessary.

6 hours ago, Echoa said:

Never used energy overflow, have had zero issues on any of those frames.

Seems more to me like people used energy overflow as a crutch for poor energy management and gameplay vs it actually being necessary.

Gonna be honest here, new Zenurik actually provides MORE energy than old Zenurik if used right... so yeah, people complaining about the change either haven't tried the new system or are too lazy to do an operator void dash every 30 seconds...

2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Gonna be honest here, new Zenurik actually provides MORE energy than old Zenurik if used right... so yeah, people complaining about the change either haven't tried the new system or are too lazy to do an operator void dash every 30 seconds...

Having to perform some pointless ritual every 30 seconds for some energy is tedious and boring. Like how Relics are tedious and boring. My solution has been to not use Zenurik, because screw that, but inevitably the white knights see criticism and start screeching.

19 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

Having to perform some pointless ritual every 30 seconds for some energy is tedious and boring. Like how Relics are tedious and boring. My solution has been to not use Zenurik, because screw that, but inevitably the white knights see criticism and start screeching.

Cool for you? If having to do something every 30 seconds to have 5+ energy per second is tedious and boring...

On 20.10.2017 at 8:10 AM, Dark-Vortex said:

12 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Cool for you? If having to do something every 30 seconds to have 5+ energy per second is tedious and boring...

The problem with current focus is that it's a separate mechanic from warframes. Little boys force you to abandon primary gameplay mechanics to be able to use focus powers.  Movement system changes, you can't shoot, you can't use your warframe's abilities. Yes, current focus switch works smoother compared to the original version, but the fact mentioned above didn't change at all. I think it would've been better if focus were to work seamlessly with the primary gameplay, complementing and enhancing warframes' abilities instead of replacing them. How to do it? Well, if focus abilities could be cast directly from hotkeys without leaving warframe and switching with the operator. But it would require a full focus rework so a chance for that is gone now. Actually it was never possible, DE shot themselves in the foot here with the operator gameplay-based quests like war within and chains of harrow. Now even if they wanted to, they wouldn't be able to make focus seamless unless they're willing to take a sledgehammer to quests as well - which would be scary asf for any developer.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:48 PM, MayssonFairbanks said:

Wow there...... Wait a minute Ladies and gentlemen.  Ive been following this focus change thing from afar but here comes a time when a man has no choice but to put a palm to his face.

DE, you know Ive put money into your game, and I know that my opinion does not have more value than any other player. Here I am providing angry feedback and hoping my concerns will be heard.

I wish I could find an appropriate wording, unfortunately there are no other ways to put it, this tree sucks.

First of all, I chose Naramon because of the lore and didn't know at all what to expect from it or any other tree. I was pleasantly suprised to realize that Naramon would fit my playstyle perfectly (fast-paced melee, hit-and-run style). No need to mention I was having a lot of fun as a stealthy ninja slashing bad guys left & right with powerful strikes.

I have finally found a playstyle that I really like and ive been enjoying this enhanced aspect of the game for about 2 months but now the whole focus system is changing, the whole Naramon tree is changing, and all my Naramon points will be refunded. That's nice. Except for one detail; these points are basically USELESS to me now that the tree is halfway DEAD.

I'm not going to go into details as to why half these abilities suck, just take a look at their descriptions, screams "CLUNKY" to the max and I can't picture myself using most of those during frantic combat, especially if I have to recast them over & over, or every 20 seconds. Anyway here we go:

Executing dash - requires getting out or warframe, doing a void dash, seems useless without Surging dash

Disorienting/Disarming blast - not only requires getting out of armor, and performing a void blast, but it only has a CHANCE to confuse / disarm enemies. What kind of crap is that? Invest hundreds of thousands of points, go out of your way to trigger it, in order to get A CHANCE at something.

Void Stalker - Requires getting out of warframe, and having to sneak around like a weasel, in order to get a mere 20 second crit buff?? 
Void Hunter - Seems useless, especially in the freaking Plains

Mind Step/ Mind Sprint - Operator-only, makes it totally useless for frames, AND should be baseline anyway.

Two questions:

1. Are you telling me Ive been chasing those yellow orbs for nothing? Do you have any idea of how much time I spent doing that.

2. Why did you have to nerf that tree to the ground? I'm not even exagerrating here, and I honestly fail to see what was the issue. Was it too much fun??? Or, maybe was it too powerful? In relation to what exactly? Look, these players are having way too much fun killing mobs made out of pixels, let's ruin their playstyle. This thing they're using is obscenely overpowered, we have to kill it.

Listen, I'm going to explain to you (DE) what logic is. The reason why some players use Naramon is because they find it fun, it increases their enjoyement of the game. Otherwise if they weren't having fun, then they would simply use another school, OR refrain from using the whole focus sytem, OR they would stop playing the game entirely. Gutting an entire mechanic which brought untold hours of fun to your loyal players is the definition of "no fun allowed".

Do you want players to have fun or not? Isn't that the point of the whole game? a pve co-op game with space ninjas? Why do you have to go out of your way to nerf fun stuff and piss off players in the process, in a casual pve game of all things? When you think about it, how can anything be considered overpowered to the point of removing it in the context of a casual co-op pve video game. I'd like to know who the heck actually complained about that?

Are there really people out there who complain about having the OPTION to kill monsters more easily in one way or the other?

Are there really people out there who don't appreciate the fact that other players might have a different definition of what's fun and what's not?

Are there really people out there complaining that the game is too easy for them because they CHOSE to use something powerful?

Unless I'm totally unaware of some critical detail pertaining to the situation, I fail to see how is one dude turning invisible detrimental to anything in this game? The only area where invisiblity can be a issue is PvP, as far as I'm concerned it is an entirely different topic and i don't know enough about it. We're talking about PVE here, and we're not talking about competitive pve either like those World of Warcraft clans. Besides, if anything, when something is deemed broken, you simply fix it, ADJUST IT, or worst case scenario you adjust the "E" part of "PvE". You just don't kill the whole mechanic and outright bury it.

Anyway, why didn't you buff the other trees, and make them more desirable, instead of gimping Naramon? I was enjoying this game precisely because of its casual appeal, being able to play the game MY way and not be bound by arbitrary limitations. I say arbitrary because that decision to kill Naramon does not make sense. I'm sure the game will continue being fun to me, there is still a lot of freedom, yes this is still a space ninja power fantasy, however I just don't understand the reasoning behind these nerfs.

Same thing with Zenurik tree. From what I gathered, I understand that some players have infinite energy. So what? Big deal. Who cares? I don't. In fact I enjoy doing missions along with such powerful teammates. More chances of succeeding, and less work for me. Grineer Trooper #775456687 doesn't seem to mind nor care at all either, in fact I havent seen a single forum post from him complaining about Zenurik, as far as he's concerned there was no imbalance issue. Besides, these players have obviously invested a lot of time and/or money in the game in order to get where they are. One does not simply wake up one day with min/maxed gear and Zenurik school, so I say more power to these players, kudos to them.

So... back to my initial issue: what should I do about those useless Naramon points? Should I pick them up one by one, dust them off, turn them *@##&#0*6;@# sideways, and stick em up my candy arse? Because that seems to be the message I'm getting.

P.S: you should totally nerf orange & red crits, these things are way too much fun. Also while we're at it, I'd like to send a list of things to nerf because they are either too good or too fun. Top priority is of course rivens mods, these abominations need to be removed from the game entirely. They're just too powered, in a manner which is over. Second top priority is that notorious subset of players who seem to have a lot of fun playing Ember and using Tigris Prime, you better do something about that. I don't want them to enjoy this game, I don't want them to feel all-powerful, I want them to feel miserable, frustrated, and to suffer just like I do.

Please think about it, DE.

And please don't take this post too seriously, I'm salty but after all it's just a game, so it's not THAT big of a deal. Piece of advice DE; don't take this game too seriously either. Stop reading too much into things. It is clear from reading the forums that what players want out of your game is more freedom and less frustration. Give players more gameplay, and more ways to experience gameplay. Give players more viable options, make stuff more interesting or engaging. But bear in mind, this is not Counter strike, you can't just flatout remove stuff like that, especially options that are cool, popular, viable, and far from being overpowered, let alone broken. 

TLDR: I'm a bit disappointed by these focus changes. Just because something is powerful does not mean it is overpowered. These are two different notions. The game is still fun to me despite the overdosed nerfs however I wish I discovered this game sooner, I wish I had more time to enjoy the game pre-PoE.

Yeh..

Focus 2.0 is a poor change. I have zero interest in using it .. the human operator stuff is forgettable and well.... stupid ..I never liked it or liked using the operator in quests. It was ok in single player storyline missions for, but honestly forgettable. Now its more of a focus and something they want to make you use even more?... what is the point? they could scrap it for all I care. 

On 29.09.2017 at 10:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your Rhino is strong, and together with the Saryn in your squad you're pummeling droves of enemies in a Survival mission. Time marches forth and so it goes, your body count climbing higher and higher. As you check out your HUD you see Saryn is taking heavy damage. With impeccable agility, you begin Transference and Void Dash through her to grant complete immunity to damage for a limited time. When you return to your Rhino, you Stomp, and the killing continues. So it goes.

Actually, this shows that people at DE play their own game wrong. Rhino would first stomp to prevent further damage to Saryn, and then just kill everything, while Saryn recovers with the help of her augmented Molt.

On 10/18/2017 at 1:34 PM, (Xbox One)Thraxiss said:

Not everyone as completed War Within, and archwing would then get a buff. Excluding where you have your Warframe and archwing.

1. Yes, but you could still have it activate automatically without the operator.
  2. It would activate in archwing unless the devs program whatever series of "if" statements would be needed for "if completely archwing mission, then disable focus".

On 20/10/2017 at 7:35 AM, Echoa said:

Energy Overflow was pretty much the only thing I used from Focus 1.0 because it's hella fun throwing abilities everywhere. TBH, it's not necessary for the tanky frames I play because I have Rage on them too, but it was nice to always have that backup energy...
Some of my frames are struggling, e.g Zephyr. Incredibly hard to kill with energy, a squishy nothing without. And beacuse energy orbs are random drops, hardly reliable.
Energy Overflow gave a reliable energy income, and my favourite part was it removed Trinity as COMPLETELY NECESSARY! I never needed a Trin, but I hated playing with pubs and getting told off for not being an EV Trin. I'm here to have fun, not feed you energy so you can have fun.

Anyway...another thing to consider is caster frames, as is always mentioned. They are given a larger energy pool...doesn't help when they are meant to cast more as they need to generate more energy faster. A solution is to give all frames a small energy regen which scales off their energy pool size (E.g. Volt Prime has largest energy regen with a Primed Flow on). Alternatively DE could halve the cost of minor powers on caster frames, or introduce some energy-return mechanic on chaining/comboing.

Zenurik was the easy fix to all the energy problems.

On 15/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, Insizer said:

On a separate issue, why do we need to first activate the operator to get the residual passives?  Just make it passive from the beginning.

100% agree
Passives also need to be untied completely from Operator mode.
And they need to fix Vazarin's Mending Soul. Currently 8 revives for the whole mission, no matter duration. It should be 1 revive every 60s, upto a maximum storage of 4 (or something along those lines) so it stays relevant after my team has gone down twice in a 2 hour mission. That's extreme, but you should understand what I'm trying to say.

17 hours ago, Fansay said:

Energy Overflow was pretty much the only thing I used from Focus 1.0 because it's hella fun throwing abilities everywhere. TBH, it's not necessary for the tanky frames I play because I have Rage on them too, but it was nice to always have that backup energy...
Some of my frames are struggling, e.g Zephyr. Incredibly hard to kill with energy, a squishy nothing without. And beacuse energy orbs are random drops, hardly reliable.
Energy Overflow gave a reliable energy income, and my favourite part was it removed Trinity as COMPLETELY NECESSARY! I never needed a Trin, but I hated playing with pubs and getting told off for not being an EV Trin. I'm here to have fun, not feed you energy so you can have fun.

Anyway...another thing to consider is caster frames, as is always mentioned. They are given a larger energy pool...doesn't help when they are meant to cast more as they need to generate more energy faster. A solution is to give all frames a small energy regen which scales off their energy pool size (E.g. Volt Prime has largest energy regen with a Primed Flow on). Alternatively DE could halve the cost of minor powers on caster frames, or introduce some energy-return mechanic on chaining/comboing.

Zenurik was the easy fix to all the energy problems.

For me the biggest thing that Zenurik offered before was that reliability.  I could count on it and I didn't have to play maintenance crew.  I also like to actually play the game, which I can't do if I'm swapping to "impractical character" mode and dashing every minute (only to be complained at by allies for not doing it near them, or hearing "need energy").  This change does nothing but disrupt the gameflow.

The energy economy was broken... is broken imo, but this change doesn't do anything to help that issue.  I play mage frames all the time and was a devotee of Zenurik, and I'll be the first to tell you that 4 energy/sec was too much.  But this change in fact increases the amount of energy you can get, but makes it an annoying chore to do so, this doesn't address the issue at all.  Imo, they should have gone the other way.  That's why I would have loved if they had made it be an actually passive 2-3 energy/sec regen,  rather than this energy regen system that is bootlegged to a character that is still completely impractical for anything but quick dashes, despite all the "combat buffs" they distributed among the focus schools.

I understand the intent on making the operator mode more useful than a buff starter.  I understand trying to make operator mode more interactive and "fun". But what I don't get is this idea that operator mode bootstrapped with everything or that operator mode should be anything but that quick "5th ability" of a warframe.  Warframes will never play side-by-side with their operators unless the operator has more Effective HP, Damage (burst or DPS), CC, and/or Utility than their warframes.  Operators were and still are subservient to their warframes.

Sorry, my post kind of stopped addressing you somewhere along the way.

hello, just it would be nice to do an HDV one day .................... spend time in front of the screen to wait for someone you MP kills the games and gives just want to delete my taste and a lot of people who have stopped warframe because of his ... I do not dream but at least I say .....

7 hours ago, Insizer said:

For me the biggest thing that Zenurik offered before was that reliability.  I could count on it and I didn't have to play maintenance crew.  I also like to actually play the game, which I can't do if I'm swapping to "impractical character" mode and dashing every minute (only to be complained at by allies for not doing it near them, or hearing "need energy").  This change does nothing but disrupt the gameflow.

The energy economy was broken... is broken imo, but this change doesn't do anything to help that issue.  I play mage frames all the time and was a devotee of Zenurik, and I'll be the first to tell you that 4 energy/sec was too much.  But this change in fact increases the amount of energy you can get, but makes it an annoying chore to do so, this doesn't address the issue at all.  Imo, they should have gone the other way.  That's why I would have loved if they had made it be an actually passive 2-3 energy/sec regen,  rather than this energy regen system that is bootlegged to a character that is still completely impractical for anything but quick dashes, despite all the "combat buffs" they distributed among the focus schools.

I understand the intent on making the operator mode more useful than a buff starter.  I understand trying to make operator mode more interactive and "fun". But what I don't get is this idea that operator mode bootstrapped with everything or that operator mode should be anything but that quick "5th ability" of a warframe.  Warframes will never play side-by-side with their operators unless the operator has more Effective HP, Damage (burst or DPS), CC, and/or Utility than their warframes.  Operators were and still are subservient to their warframes.

Sorry, my post kind of stopped addressing you somewhere along the way.

Idk what are you talking about, operators are now better than ever, and they're quite bulky, have a lot of cc and utility, and that juicy damage... About zenurik energy dash, it costs you ~1 second! The only thing I don't understand - is that damage in void mode ability. I guess some people can't play without spamming 4 to kill everything and complaining on the forums that everything DE does is crap. What's the fun then?

But on the topic of focus, I understand convergence orbs preventing afk focus farm, but it doesn't solve all the issues, since unlocking powers cost more, you would expect focus to gain at a decent nicely balanced pace, but now it's garbage, the amount of focus you get from casual playing, doing missions as you normally do is so lackluster, that you need to get your Ivaras/equinoxes etc, to basically cheese grind your daily cap, but it's not that fun. And now, when operator mode become a huge part of gameplay, we use focus more. I'm sure DE will come up with the solution, they always do, we just have to wait and painfully cheese grind it.

17 hours ago, Beon1 said:

Idk what are you talking about, operators are now better than ever, and they're quite bulky, have a lot of cc and utility, and that juicy damage... About zenurik energy dash, it costs you ~1 second! The only thing I don't understand - is that damage in void mode ability. I guess some people can't play without spamming 4 to kill everything and complaining on the forums that everything DE does is crap. What's the fun then?

But on the topic of focus, I understand convergence orbs preventing afk focus farm, but it doesn't solve all the issues, since unlocking powers cost more, you would expect focus to gain at a decent nicely balanced pace, but now it's garbage, the amount of focus you get from casual playing, doing missions as you normally do is so lackluster, that you need to get your Ivaras/equinoxes etc, to basically cheese grind your daily cap, but it's not that fun. And now, when operator mode become a huge part of gameplay, we use focus more. I'm sure DE will come up with the solution, they always do, we just have to wait and painfully cheese grind it.

Boy, I should take you on an hour long ODS run sometime and we can see how "cheesy" my tactics are and how "well" your Operator serves you. 

3 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

Boy, I should take you on an hour long ODS run sometime and we can see how "cheesy" my tactics are and how "well" your Operator serves you. 

Not a 'boy' to you, at it serves perfectly. 

6 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

Your "cheese" really requires actions every single second from every single memeber of your team, so not ONE person can spare the time for a zenurik dash? Are you sure?

5 hours ago, Beon1 said:

Not a 'boy' to you, at it serves perfectly. 

We'll see about that.

2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Your "cheese" really requires actions every single second from every single memeber of your team, so not ONE person can spare the time for a zenurik dash? Are you sure?

Who said anything about a team? I don't power spam and I mostly solo. I couldn't give a damn about the energy dash, I refuse to use such a boring ability and instead switched to Madurai for the passive damage.

3 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

We'll see about that.

Who said anything about a team? I don't power spam and I mostly solo. I couldn't give a damn about the energy dash, I refuse to use such a boring ability and instead switched to Madurai for the passive damage.

I agree now you're saying I'm forced to rely on my team. The only person I will rely on is myself, and as most players know seconds are the difference between life and death in the higher waves.

Archived