Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Which means that in almost all cases, it will still just be a better idea to bullet jump your 'frame out of the way, and then kill your attackers.

Yeah, it is often better to just bullet jump out of a situation. I wasn't saying it wasn't, I was just trying to clear up what looked like misunderstood poor phrasing.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

All spent Focus Points have been returned so you can respec your skill trees.

This may seem like a silly question, but what about unspent points? Do they stay as is and the spent points are added to that unspent point pool?
I just want to make sure unspent points aren't completely cleared off the tree (clean slate) and then spent points are returned to a 0 point pool.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I am sorry for using you as a snippet, but let's... clarify something.

PoE on its own rocks. It shows rather interesting gameplay and would be an amazing platform for future updates. The atmosphere, sound design and whatever we have seen from direct "messing around and acting like a maniac" is cool. 
The operator system so far should be viewed as separate entity, that alas comes as part of the package.

Don't get me wrong, I like the 'warframe' aspect of PoE that's been shown (although I feel I'm going to hate doing the mining shapes), fighting the enemies in a warframe or using the archwing looks great but the 'end game content' is basically coming across as 'fight the eidolon as the operator' and to put it in the simplest terms I didn't start playing this game to play as the operator (which has plenty of it's own issues as is). 

So we're gonna end up having to stop shooting things, or running, or doing whatever we were doing before, to enter a slow awkward to control Operator, to get a  buff that requires us to stay in the same place to regain energy? And do that every time we need more energy? Why would we do that instead of using an energy pad? Yeah, it stays in place the whole mission, but we move around. A lot. 

If the operator change was instant, it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands now. Ugh.

Edit: The others don't seem so worth it either, the delay between transference is large, our operator dies if someone sneezes on them, and our frames are sitting there doing absolutely nothing

I just hope that this is the extent of the operator/focus changes in that it makes it easier to tackle on Eidolons via the "tag-team" system that this is showing and not HAVING to void dash etc to make Eidolons vulnerable like the Kuva Guardians.

So we're gonna end up having to stop shooting things, or running, or doing whatever we were doing before, to enter a slow awkward to control Operator, to get a temporary buff that requires us to stay in the same place to regain energy? And do that every time we need more energy? Why would we do that instead of using an energy pad?

The only thing I can think of to alleviate the issue of "taking yourself out of the moment/warframe to gain buffs from operator" is if they added some kind of fluid transition like holding a key while melee/shooting which lets you switch in and out of operator/warframe "mode" mid animation/action instead of how it currently is.

ie: If I hold Alt while firing/melee I will go from Warframe to Operator mid animation and vice versa. I'm ok with the idea of switching to operator to get certain buffs especially if they persist throughout the mission. The problem is in a "high octane" action game like this it really takes you out of that feeling of being a space ninja BA when I have to stand still for about 1.5 seconds to become a child to get a buff, only to do the same thing to go back into Warframe. 

DE, you have code for Specters. It's sitting so close to you that you could pet it. There is zero reason you couldn't use it or adapt it for Warframe's when using Operator mode. You seriously expect me to leave my Banshee standing in place, unable to defend itself, while I use a worse version of Loki's Disarm?

giphy.gif

for the most part i doubt many will have a complaint about whats happening, just sad the AoE energy from Zenurik, is a "Deployable-on-the-spot" and doesnt follow you as if teh frame radiates it or the Operator's Inner energy  while we're linked to said frame. it's alot better than nothing but.. please rethink this! and Make it Follow the player that activates it ?

1 hour ago, Geraion said:

I'm curious though, why is it you think spamming abilities is bad? People are having fun, enjoying the game on their terms, with the tools you gave them (I am entirely in favor of adjusting said tools for fairness though!), creating variety in builds, instead of limiting representation to 'easiest power builds'...Prime example Frost, Trinity, Loki... Oh, and speaking of Trinity...her EV is literally unlimited energy. For everyone in range. AND overshields. And she can spam that thing to high heavens, occasional 4, then laugh while pressing 2 some more.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I really don't understand what's so bad about focusing on 'casting' rather than 'run and gun'. Some people prefer one over the other, and that's cool, it's nice when there's difference in what people do with the game, isn't it? Surely you want people to be able to enjoy the game in multiple ways?

Exactly this! 

There are so many different play styles that we can use but yet those who prefer ones that have high energy usage are chastised as "spamming". The problem is that DE themselves set a bad tone right from the start by saying that they never wanted the game to become an "energy spam" game (or some phrasing like that), which immediately put energy-lovers on the defensive. Rather than say, "Wow. We didn't think you guys would go for that" we got a condescension akin to "well, you shouldn't have been playing it that way".  We shouldn't? We're having fun! Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?

am jaded (and I'll admit it) simply because how we play shouldn't be an issue. What DE expected and how we actually ended up playing is (or should be) inconsequential. And rather than embrace what the players have done, we got the equivalent of DE waving their finger at us - at least at first. They've obviously relented and said that they're working on finding ways to compensate, and I'm fine with that. I'll wait to see what they have in store for us; but this matter could have been handled a lot better.

Maybe it's just me, but from what I'm getting, you load into a mission, press 5, and all your passives are there? Or are the passives still locked behind ghost mode? Looking at Vazarin, I press 5 and gain extra affinity range immediately and permanently, which seems a little strange considering the way they worked before. The active effects are pretty straightforward, since they're active abilities, but the residuals seem a little less so. Could we get clarification on how these work, or will we need to wait for release? Obviously "Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission." was repeated so often for a reason, but getting insta-ups every time I press 5 seems absurdly broken, and clearly won't be the case, but that's how it reads.

While I can understand the lore of "on entering operator mode" to activate passives, it's clunky. Press 5 twice at the start of the mission, done.

(Also, that's more than a bit of a spoiler)

I'd include, instead, as part of the mission starting anim an "operator power" swirl and simply grant the passives.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Residual Starting Node: Energy Pulse. A Residual effect that grants you a radial energy pickup effect for teammates. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

@[DE]Rebecca Could you clarify this a bit? As I read it, this is a persistant Energy Restore effect centered on the Warframe/Operator who activates it, and moves with them, rather than the stationary effect of the consumables. That is, it periodically pulses energy from the activating player for the rest of the mission. Is that accurate?

Just now, Archeyef said:

@[DE]Rebecca Could you clarify this a bit? As I read it, this is a persistant Energy Restore effect centered on the Warframe/Operator who activates it, and moves with them, rather than the stationary effect of the consumables. That is, it periodically pulses energy from the activating player for the rest of the mission. Is that accurate?

It's the same as one of Zenurik's current passives, you pick up an energy orb, the people around you get the energy as well.

How the operator works is not a big problem for me, I will get used to it, as always.

To be honest, I think that the true problem is that useless chattering ugly kid named Tenno itself.

I do not even want to see them, I do not want to hear the annoying kid speaking on a quest.

(Is it just me or is the operator really annoying?)

So Zenurik goes from being simple, straight forward, and hassle free. 

...to being none of the above?

Well, that just makes a metric ton of sense.

If you are putting features in place that expect all the schools to be invested in heavily; Why jack what is probably the most heavily invested school up? 

Forgive me for saying...That sounds rather petty.

Not gonna lie, Zenurik just sounds clunky as can be with this rework.  Like I'm glad there's "some" form of energy regeneration, but the fact that you have to effectively stop combat, switch to your operator, dash some random place, then switch BACK to your Warframe and sit there inside what I can only call a "bubble" is just a process that I think will really break up the nice flow between powers and gunplay that the current Zenurik gives.

1 minute ago, daga said:

How the operator work is not a big problem for me, I will get used to it, as always.

To be honest, I think that the true problem is that useless chattering ugly kid named Tenno itself.

I do not want to see their face, I do not want to hear the annoying kid speaking on a quest.

(Is it just me or is the operator really annoying?)

No one with half a brain thinks that the operator dialogue is good.

2 minutes ago, InsanityKey said:

Not gonna lie, Zenurik just sounds clunky as can be with this rework.  Like I'm glad there's "some" form of energy regeneration, but the fact that you have to effectively stop combat, switch to your operator, dash some random place, then switch BACK to your Warframe and sit there inside what I can only call a "bubble" is just a process that I think will really break up the nice flow between powers and gunplay that the current Zenurik gives.

the only scenario that any frame would actually not have thier flow broken, is Prowl-aug'd Ivaras so they dont haveto spam 3 to 4 energy pads at the start of a Spy mission.

Archived